[Original RPG] Collapse: Descend the Shades of Night (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Seeing Sorge's ball and chain coming, Roadblock tucked and rolled towards Sorge, closing the gap between him and his foe. He stood up, and revved the saw blade on his arm to full speed, slashing it at Sorge's arms, trying to disarm his foe, literally and figurativily.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Northern Acid Wastes

Outback and the mutant came to a halt some distance from where they had been. They had run flat-out for what seemed an eternity, and they paused to look back over the terrain they had crossed.

"I think we've lost them. I hope." Outback said.

"I think so too."

"I hate mutants. Er, no offense." Outback looked at his new friend. "What's your name anyway?"

The mutant looked at him with some confusion as he considered the question. "I...do not know."

Outback turned on one of his headlights and detached it, running it over the mutant's body. He was grimy from his time in the wasteland. He was approximately the same size as Outback, and had wheels at his shoulders and calves. "Well, I think your alternate mode is a car of some kind, anyway."

The mutant looked at himself. "Yes, that seems to be the case." He looked up at Outback. "I feel very disoriented at the moment."

"You're not the only one. Well, you don't seem like an evil flesh-eating mutant and you certainly don't act like a decepticon, so why don't we get out of here.'

The mutant considered this for a while and then replied: "yes, that seems like a good plan."

The two set off on foot, heading north out of the Acid Wastes.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

Sorge let out a piercing shriek when Roadblock's saw blade dug into his arm, forcing him to drop his ball and chain.

The ogreish mutant rose his arm up to retaliate, but before the large mutant could slam his fist down onto the Decepticon, Venom dove in from behind and pierced Sorge's back with his stinger.

"Naaaggh!!! Stupid bug!!!" Sorge roared as he swatted at the Insecticon.

------

As Cyclonus burned through the mutants with his thrusters, Dyrus pushed himself away from the collapsing archway and ran back down the corridor to his master's chamber.

(OOC: Go on! Chase him!)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Sorge's flailing arm caught Venom and sent him spiraling into a pillar.

Despite the pain he chuckled evilly

"The toxin should start having an effect 5,4,3,2,1 now."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

(OOC: 'Chase'? Not so much... ;) )

A 'ping' of sorts went off on Cyclonus' sensor net as he detected one of the nearby mutants trying to flee. It didn't take long to realize that it was the 'leader' of the group, trying to escape from the certain doom that awaited his minions at the hands of Cyclonus and his men.

We'll see about that...

Cyclonus released his clamps and shot into the sky, quickly reversing and shearing through fire-damaged mutant carcasses with his wings. He wasn't mad enough to try to reach supersonic speed indoors, but he still filled the room with aloud roar and buffeting air as he streaked toward Dyrus, aiming his needle-sharp nosecone at the mutant and showing no interest in stopping or even slowing down.

Skullcruncher continued to blissfully hack his way through the heap of mutants on top of him.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

Realizing he had successfully slapped Venom away, Sorge swung around and stomped toward the Insecticon to deliver the finishing blow. But, before the hulking mutant could crush him, the corrosive toxins injected by the Insecticon's stinger kicked in, stopping Sorge in his tracks.

The mutant screamed as his body was overcome by an excruciating sensation resulting from his inner-workings slowly dissolving from the inside.

In a blind, mindless rage, Sorge swung at both fellow mutant and Decepticon alike, screaming loudly all the while.

----

Dyrus sprinted down the long corridor, nearing the door to his master's chamber, when Cyclonus converted to jet-mode and shot after him.

Having not a moment to respond to the incoming jet from over his shoulder, the Unicron-spawn impaled Dyrus through his lower torso.

"Nooooo!" Dyrus gurgled out as neon-hued liquids gushed from his mouth and wound. His boots scraped loudly against the floor as Cyclonus raced down the hall.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage, in insect mode, perched beside Venom, whilst peppering the mutants with machinegun fire. "Nice work, V. What the hell did you inject into big ugly?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus transformed to robot mode, retracting his sharp nosecone from Dyrus in the process. His momentum continued to carry him forward, but distance began to form between himself and the mutant who, he hoped, would be too preoccupied with his wounds to try to grapple Cyclonus before he was out of range.

Skullcruncher was knocked aside like ragdoll by Sorge's manic charge.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

A large hole began to melt through the plating at Sorge's lower torso as Venom's toxins continued to do its work, a vile ooze slowly gushed from the wound.

This only served to fuel the ogre's blind rampage. Sorge took out a row of mutants with a long swipe from his left arm, grabbing an nearby 'friendly' by the leg with his right. Like a whip, he swung the mutant down at Roadblock, Barrage, and Skullcruncher.

-----

Dyrus dropped to the floor when Cyclonus transformed, a pool of his own fluids forming around him as he struggled to drag himself along the corridor.

"...no...N-no, you mustn't," Dyrus weakly grasped at the Decepticon's heels.

(OCC: So, umm, you wanna see what's behind the master's door yet? :glance:)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"That's where you're wrong," Cyclonus told Dyrus. "I must. I've been chosen to do this."

He shrugged off the mangled mutant's grasping hands, then roughly shoved the door open with his free hand.

"It's my destiny," he said, almost to himself, as he struggled to see inside the master's room.

Skullgrin was knocked back to the ground by the swinging mutant that Sorge and sent in his direction.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage looked up as the mutant was thrown towards them. "Oh, sh-" his curse was cut short as the insect-mode Decepticon was sent tumbling into a corner, where he lay in an unmoving heap.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Infraspace

He comes for us and we mustn't have that, now can we? Not when I finally understand.

---

Fort Scyk, Master's Chamber

"...No! Stop!" Dyrus pleaded.

Cyclonus left the crawling mutant behind and pushed his way through the door of his master's chamber.

Dyrus' screams could still be heard as Cyclonus entered the dimly lit room. At the far end of the chamber, opposite of the entrance, the lord sat motionlessly in his 'throne'.

From the doorway, though an onlooker could not clearly make out the body resting on opposite end of the chamber, the master's boots were clearly visible at the chair's base, while a purple-clad hand limply dangled from the side.

All Cyclonus need do is approach the chair to see past the shadows.....

(OOC: Aww, go on. He's not gonna hurt you. He's perfectly harmless :devil:)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus briefly considered stopping to put a hole in Dyrus' head to silence his babble, but he forged ahead, little patience remaining for anything that didn't further his quest. He stepped into the darkened room, a single flickering lamp in one corner providing enough illumination to sketch out the vaguest outline of a throne with a robot perched upon it. The crimson light from the Decepticon's own optics cast a deathly glow on the figure, but in the brief moments when the lamp's light burned brightly enough, Cyclonus could make out a shade of purple not much different to his own.

A few more steps brought him close enough to make out the figure's outline, a silhouette that was as familiar to Cyclonus as his own. Even in the dim light he could make out the signs of dire battle damage, hasty and ineffectual repairs, and the telltale signs of mutation that came to anyone exposed to the toxic environment of Stanix for too long -- something that Cyclonus and his crew were already flirting dangerously with themselves after spending so many weeks trekking across the wastelands of the former Decepticon city-state.

Despite all of that, though, Cyclonus had no trouble recognizing the figure he was facing. But the bearing...the way the figure carried itself was all wrong, as if someone else was living in the skin of the being he used to know.

Not quite sure what to expect, Cyclonus took one more step forward, hesitatingly. His voice barely above a whisper, he addressed the figure on the throne.

"Mighty Galvatron?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk, Master's Chamber

As soon as Cyclonus uttered his leader's name, Galvatron's optics lit up in a bright, eery red. He raised his head and slowly cricked his neck to face Cyclonus.

"Cy-clon-usssss," he hissed, his voice and tone not at all resembling that of the former-Decepticon Leader.

He stood up from his makeshift throne and approached the Targetmaster.

"Yes - that is your name. Ever loyal Cyclonus. We remember now," he said.

---------

Fort Scyk, Foyer

(OOC: No one wants to attack Sorge?)

Amidst his rampage, Sorge stopped in his tracks, his arms frozen above his head, readying to crush an unfortunate mutant or Decepticon. Thanks to Venom's toxins, the internal components housed within his torso had turned into a bubbling sludge and began to gush out of the very much noticeable hole in his gut.

Lowering his arm, Sorge felt around the edge of the wound, confounded by the ooze it left on his fingers.

"Nggh...H-hurt?" he grunted.

Unable to control most of his function, which were now mush, the large mutant dropped helplessly to his knees.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk Masters chamber

Squawktalk flapped in then stopped lost for words for once when he saw Galvatron.

~*~

Venom sensing something up from the sudden quietness buzzed quietly into the room and perched unobtrusively.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk, Foyer

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was hit by the mutant Sorge used as a weapon and went tumbling back, another mutant cushioning the landing. He turned and swiped his blade at the mutant, decapitating him. He saw Cyclonus enter the main room, unsure of what was about to happen.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"'We' remember?" Cyclonus asked Galvatron. "My liege...what happened to you?"

He unconsciously adjusted his grip on Nightstick and took a step back when his leader (former leader, a voice in the back of his mind called out) rose from his throne and started to shamble forward.

This isn't right, the voice said, stronger and more distinctive -- but still infuriatingly hard to identify.

Skullcruncher slowly got back up on his feet and saw Sorge fall to his knees. He didn't really stop to ask why the mutant was so afflicted. It was more his style to swing his 'softening-up-gun' into line and fire a blast at the mutant's face.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

(OOC: Transform into exposition mode!!!)

"So much still remains fragmented, even I do not know for certain," Galvatron cryptically replied.

The former-Decepticon leader examined his hands - turning them back to front and slowly wiggling his fingers - as if learning to use them for the first time. By all appearances, it was almost as if he wasn't aware that Cyclonus stood across from him.

"We are Galvatron - and yet I am not Galvatron. But we do know who you are, and we know why you have come....."

Galvatron inched towards Cyclonus.

"The core of this body - what you refer to as the Matrix - told us," he said. "It has granted two beings a second coming. Pieced back together the remnants of one spark and fused it with the shell of another so it itself could subsist. A sort of symbiosis, if you will. We cannot allow you to complete your quest."

He moved closer to Cyclonus, undaunted by the Targetmaster's weapon, stopping a mere reaching distance away.

"Ha! Is that so?" Galvatron laughed. "You hesitate. Lower your weapon, Cyclonus. You would never harm your precious Galvatron."

-----

Foyer

Though Sorge saw Skullcruncher's attack coming, he was unable to move away.

"Uunggh!" Sorge grunted as the blast connected with his face, knocking him to the floor.

The salvo tore off most of his jaw, leaving behind a oily mess of wires and torn polymer sinew. Slowly, and with much effort, he tried to push himself up, the wound in his gut dripping a bubbling ooze onto the floor. Venom's toxins, however, had destroyed much of his internal functions making it near-impossible to climb to his feet.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

As he flickered back into consciousness, Barrage looked at his wounded arms and was horrified to see them flaking apart, like those dead mutants around him. The radiation is affecting him, which means he had to end this quickly.

Barrage scrabbled around for his sonic pulse cannon. Aiming it dizzily at the wound in Sorge's gut, Barrage fired of a pulse. "Go to the Pit!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus felt his weapon drift downward almost automatically after "Galvatron" spoke.

No, the voice whispered again in the back of Cyclonus's mind. No. This can't be allowed to be.

This time, though, Cyclonus recognized the voice.

"Scourge," he whispered. "Old friend. I understand now why you sent me here." Then his jaw set and he raised his weapon back up to aim squarely at the oncoming Decepticon's chest.

"That may be," he said coldly, "but you are not Galvatron. You're an abomination wearing his skin as a suit of clothing. Now tell me: who are you really, and why shouldn't I give you the agonizing death you so richly deserve for defiling my master's remains?"

Skullcrucher made a disgusted face as Sorge fell to the ground. "Yuck. Even I won't eat that."