E3 2013 what did you think?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

E3 2013 what did you think?

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

So the Super Bowl of games is underway and the big 3 have shown us what they've got in store for this year as well as EA and Ubisoft, so what did you personally find most interesting? Was it a new game reveal? Or maybe finally seeing something you've been looking forward to? Whatever it is I'm interested in hearing what it is. Also who had your favorite conference overall?

For me seeing the mirrors edge prequel, and Star Wars battlefront from EA made my day and Microsofts was my favorite conference simply because of all the games. I'm so proud of them they didn't show off a single kinect game just games with kinect features!!! But Sony flipping Microsoft the bird and kingdom hearts 3 made the Sony show. But square Enix revealed on twitter Final Fantasy 15 and kingdom hearts 3 will both be on Xbox one as well.

So please do tell what it is and exactly why you like it. Tis a great year for gaming! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I think Sony knocked it out of the park with their details on the PS4.

As for the games, Metal Gear Solid's trailer blew me away. What a gorgeous looking game and I'm very excited for it. MGS4 made me buy a PS3 and it looks like MGS5 is going to make me buy a PS4. :D

Final Fantasy looked awesome, but all those games usually do. Don't know if I'm going to get it though.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The only thing I knew about E3 is Pokemon X and Y news.

Am very much hyped up for the new games.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yesterday I read a great article on Sony's knock-out blow to Microsoft. After reading what each company presented on their respective console, I think Sony came away as a clear winner, in my opinion. Coming out and directly addressing all the sticking points that people have with the Xbox One? Ballsy. Especially when you come out and deliberately say that used games are fine to use how you want, when you want, and who you can lend them to was fantastic, and free of charge as they always have been. And no requirement for online at all times (or even every 24 hours)? Not that I care, but apparently it makes people happy, so a win for Sony.

And $100 USD cheaper than Xbox? Holy undercut Batman! The design of the system isn't all that appealing to me, but I guess it has a sort of PS2 look to it. I also understand that the hard drive in the PS4 is completely removable and upgradeable. I don't know if it's standard PC-type hardware, but it's nice to know you could possibly swap it out with something like a 1 TB drive later in the cycle is awesome... unless it's proprietary memory like the Vita memory sticks. Then it's not so awesome.

There's still time for Microsoft to make some changes, but I think they will stick to their guns. I'm still not 100% sold on the PS4 (but now it's more like 95%), but they have done a TON to win me over so far.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Ok not that many people caught this at E3 so ill share it. Ps4 requires PS plus for multiplayer gaming, just like live does now. And since the PS camera isn't included with the PS4 that brings the total price of a ps4 to around $520 in the states which means a Xbox one with gold is only $40 more. Not that big of a difference when you factor that in. Also the cloud features and game streaming of the PS4 won't be working until fall 2014, so if you we're looking forward to that and it will effect your purchase decision, just wait a year. Still the DRM and used games issue of the xbox one will turn away a lot of people, but it doesn't always require a connection just a handshake every 24 hours and it doesn't block used games. You can still swap games between friends but only once and if you shop at selected retailers used games will be no different than they are now, and Microsoft isn't charging those retailers a fee for it either like some have suggested. Honestly people are just blowing this way out of proportion, I can understand if you don't have Internet at all but if you can go to a message board and rage about it you have some form of Internet so it's not even that big of a deal. Please don't call me a idiot fanboy because I'm not I own every system on the market now except a DS. I'm just stating facts, and I honestly don't understand all the hate Microsofts getting. If you don't have Internet and you can only afford used games I completely understand, but if your someone who's always online anyways (and most people on live always are) there is no change except when your Internet goes out, be it because of outage,natural disaster, or because you simply didn't pay the bill. And used games account for 30% of GameStop's annual sales so when you look at that the majority of people who shop there buy new! Which doesn't add up to 90% of the Internet hating it... Not to me. People throw out what-if scenarios left and right about what if my Internet goes out for a week or what if live goes down. Well honestly when has anybody's Internet gone out that long? And for those of you who own a 360 when has live gone down for more than a few hours? Only in extreme cases do these things ever happen. It just baffles me that people who brag about how they have a speed of 50mps and bash the Xbox one for having to connect once a day in the same post. I mean does that add up to anybody, cause it sure don't to me. Sorry for getting so off topic (on my own thread at that), but I had to vent cause the Internet is pissing me off so bad about this. But that's just the internets style isn't it? Completely blow things out of proportion and throw racial slurs and attacking people just because they like something different than you. This is the only site civil enough for me to even try to post this on, I said I preordered my xbox one on another site (won't name it) and I caught so much flak and backlash I wanted to kill myself afterwards. Anyways I mainly just wanted to make sure everyone who reads this knows exactly what's going on with both systems so when it comes times for you to make a choice you know exactly what your getting. As I've stated I have already preordered my Xbox one, and I'm by no means a blind fanboy and I WILL be getting a PS4 eventually. I just made my choice on exclusives and halo as they are worth the extra $100 to me. And just to clarify this rant is not directed toward anybody above or even on this site, your guys are pretty well informed and respectful which is why I keep coming back here. To close this monster of a post if you want to yell at me call me blind fanboy and say how I'm wrong and how Microsoft is gonna fail, please just PM me. I don't want to junk up this thread with a bunch of name calling, cause nobody likes clicking on a topic only to see a 3 page fight between 2 dudes who've never even met, am I right?
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

@springer85
Have you seen the extended directors cut of the trailer? It's absolutely amazing! Pretty much confirms something big from mgs lore that happens to big boss/naked snake. Won't spoil it if you don't know it but considering you've played mgs4 I'm pretty sure you do. I just hope David hayter shows up as solid snake late in the game as its around the timeframe he was created.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:@springer85
Have you seen the extended directors cut of the trailer? It's absolutely amazing! Pretty much confirms something big from mgs lore that happens to big boss/naked snake. Won't spoil it if you don't know it but considering you've played mgs4 I'm pretty sure you do. I just hope David hayter shows up as solid snake late in the game as its around the timeframe he was created.

I have, yes. A couple of times now because my brain couldn't handle the awesomeness that I was watching the first time. :lol:

I've played every single MGS game there is, so I don't think you can spoil anything for me and I'm now curious to what you're referring. :D

I've played Peacewalker a lot and I'm really happy that MGS5 uses elements of that game in this one. Don't think that Hayter is going to show up. It'll take some getting used to to the new voice though, but I'm sure all the game play will make me forget about that. :)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Springer85 wrote:I have, yes. A couple of times now because my brain couldn't handle the awesomeness that I was watching the first time. :lol:

I've played every single MGS game there is, so I don't think you can spoil anything for me and I'm now curious to what you're referring. :D

I've played Peacewalker a lot and I'm really happy that MGS5 uses elements of that game in this one. Don't think that Hayter is going to show up. It'll take some getting used to to the new voice though, but I'm sure all the game play will make me forget about that. :)
Yeah I've just got my hopes up hayter will show cause it makes sense since they replaced him, ya know like if big boss meets snake face to face. Having hayter talking to hayter in the same voice would be... Weird, but this is metal gear we're talkin about here! And what I was talking about was, being as vague as possible for people who don't know it's coming, big boss's karma change if you will.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I don't think Solid Snake will show up in this game. Wasn't the first time he and Big Boss met the NES game Metal Gear? MGS5 could lead up to that game though. I don't know. The whole MGS universe can be quite confusing sometimes. :lol:
Aspiring DJ!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D worlds for me. They appear to be oozing gameplay and fun. I especially love the cat suits and the more daring F-Zero style circuits.

Mario Kart: Double Dash is my favourite of all the MK's, but I find them endlessly enjoyable, and after buying Mario AllStars: 25th Anniversary I'm having a great time playing the first three Mario's and seeing the gameplay differences between them, seeing that each one offers something different and interesting.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I love how Nintendo have just been pootling along at their own pace, content to let Sony and Microsoft duke it out and kick up a fuss. Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Pokemon. I've been putting off spending a load on a WiiU and a 3DS but there will come a point when I want something new and don't wanna get left behind.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

They seem to have an unshakeable belief in themselves eh? They get slated left, right and centre for not towing the Space marine shooter line or having serious racers and just being too damn childish-looking. I agree with that, but the games are just good fun. For the first few seconds I watched Mario 3D worlds I felt like they'd lost the plot and that no-one would touch this with a barge pole. Well I hope more people get the chance to play it and like it.

Nintendo may do weird, hippy day-glo games, but I really like them as an antidote to all the Diablo's, Warcrafts, Gears of War & Halo's (all of which I absolutely love, by the way. I just like the instant, simple and yet incredibly subtle fun of Mario too).

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'd say it was over confidence were they not all very bankable titles. Part of me does worry they're playing it safe although some Pokemon and Smash Bros stuff came right out of left field.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I think there was also quite a letdown hearing Retro is working on a new Donkey Kong title instead of Metroid. At least here in the States anyways. Not that Donkey Kong is bad (quite the opposite), but US people love them some Metroid.

I was sad there wasn't anything regarding a new Zelda on the Wii U (not counting the stunningly beautiful Wind Waker HD remake). Though I understand there's a sequel to A Link To The Past coming to the 3DS. That might push me into buying one of the little clamshells.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I would've much preferred Metroid too, especially a handheld one.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Not sure if this is on here elsewhere, but I thought this video was genius:

Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I was impressed by the Dragon Age: Inquistion teaser and the fact that it's going to be out on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One makes me very happy, the only downside is waiting until fall 2014 for it's release. Other than the price points for PS4 and Xbox One I really didn't pay that much attention to E3.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

@notabot
I hate that guy on the right! He's like my evil twin, seriously I look so similar except I have a full beard. Hope I never meet him as the world might explode! :lol:
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I thought E3 was pretty decent. One of the issues with this generational leap, compared to the previous ones is that it's not especially easy to define where the leap is. In previous generations we've had the huge leap from 2D to 3D and 3D to online whereas now it's just kind of "stuff", this really led me to not being wowed by the games being shown off visually... Aside from The Witcher 3 which does look mind blowing.

One thing I will say I was apprehensive about is that while I like open world RPGish games, I don't love them. I feel they have a time and a place for me, and having just completed Far Cry 3 I probably won't touch another one for months. So many games that they showed off were these "persistent open world multiplayer rpg online" games and I'm just concerned about possible overload...

Other thing I was concerned about, with SO MUCH focus on online, are we going to see even less offline multiplayer than the current gen...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

No news on a dead space 4 or something? Resident Evil?

Seems like the only upcoming games I really want to play are Metal Gear Solid 5 and Pokemon Y/X.

Meh.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.