So who's getting next-gen consoles?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

So who's getting next-gen consoles?

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Just curious as to how many of the gamers here are actually getting one. If you are share what system is it, what games you are getting, and why you are getting what you're getting. Please NO flame or console wars, keep it civil as we are all gamers and should just enjoy playing games!

For me:
Xbox One Day One Edition.
The games:
Forza 5
Deadrising 3
Ryse: Son of Rome
Call of Duty: Ghosts Hardened Edition
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

I chose Xbox One because of the controller, my 100,000+ gamerscore, and launch titles. I was gonna get Watch_Dogs but canceled my preorder of the collector's edition after the 8 month delay two days ago. I didn't want $141 tied up for 8 months when I could get 2 games in it's place, Ryse and AC4.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Jim

Post by Jim »

I'm getting a PS4 - locked in one on Amazon when they posted them - and will be reselling ASAP on eBay.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Jim wrote:I'm getting a PS4 - locked in one on Amazon when they posted them - and will be reselling ASAP on eBay.
Ha! You're not the first person I've seen say they are going to do this. I wonder how many of those 1.5 Million PS4 preorders are going up on eBay day one? Curious was that your plan all along or did something change? A lot of people I've heard are going to do this since Watch_Dogs got delayed.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I'll do the same thing I did with the PS3...wait a few years for them to work out all the kinks, develop a respectable library, and drop the price, and then BAM. Mine.
MarkNL

Post by MarkNL »

Not getting a next-gen console here. I love my laptop, PS Vita and PS3, so I already got enough. Plus I have far too many unfinished games. I'll be busy completing those the next 50 years...
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Vin Ghostal wrote:I'll do the same thing I did with the PS3...wait a few years for them to work out all the kinks, develop a respectable library, and drop the price, and then BAM. Mine.
I'll be in that same boat. I have no allegiances to either company, so when the price drops and a healthy library of games is out, I will make a decision on which console and go for it. Probably won't be for a few years, which is OK with me. My 360 is 3 years old to me, and my PS3 is only 2 years old to me. There's still gobs of games out there I haven't touched yet. Add in my 6 month old 3DS, and I'm set with gaming for a looooong time.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Don't forget that there Wii, man :smokin:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'll get them but not on day one. Those days for me, are over.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

This will be my first launch console ever, and most likely my last as I'll probably be in my thirties by the time PS5 and Xbox Two (:lol:) come out. I was always too young to go to a midnight launch and had school the next day usually. So when this chance popped up I couldn't miss it.

Had a chat with my gamestop's manager and he said they have less than 50 preorders for each console. Granted we are in a small town in Alabama but I'd imagine it's pretty similar in most places. This is good news for me as I've already got my console locked in and paid off so I've just gotta walk in and pick it up. Apparently all preorders are down as they have less than 500 around all systems for COD Ghosts. Compared to the 2,000 for MW3 two years ago that's saying something!

Unfortunately since preorders are down corporate chose to cut everyone's hours by 30% and not higher new people so that means there goes that job. Jason the manager really wanted to higher me too and their staff tends to be PS biased and he wants a good balanced crew. Oh well at least once they start taking new people again he'll give me a call.

I'm going to enjoy my xbox one and all it's 720p glory come the 22nd! :P I'll be posting my thoughts come launch day somewhere around here, and I'll be doing tons of videos and reviews for my YouTube Channel. So if any Xbox One game interests you but you don't want to fork over the $$$ then I've got ya covered! :up:
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

Jim wrote:I'm getting a PS4 - locked in one on Amazon when they posted them - and will be reselling ASAP on eBay.
I hate you.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Vin Ghostal wrote:I'll do the same thing I did with the PS3...wait a few years for them to work out all the kinks, develop a respectable library, and drop the price, and then BAM. Mine.
This. Day one next gen purchases always seem more trouble than they're worth.

The last 2 generations I went with Playstation, but as usual I'll wait and see which seems like the better prospect a few years down the road.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

10 days PS4
17 days Xbox One
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:Don't forget that there Wii, man :smokin:
Actually, I would most likely get a Wii U before the PS4/Xbox One. Whenever the newest Zelda comes out for it, I'll be hooked, and it will be far cheaper than the other systems by then. And maybe they will come out with another Zelda themed system with it. :D
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I wish I had the patience for a PS4 or X-Box title, but I know I only game in 10-20 minute bursts. A Wii or WiiU is probably good for that, and as far as I'm aware no microtransactions either.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Yay! it's here!

Also First 15 minutes of Ryse: Son of Rome. Watch in 1080P on this one for the full gloryness of it! :D
[youtube]malOt-bm9pg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfnzMGptWHRtUSwYaczJWAQ[/youtube]