Rack 'n Ruin's Buy 'n Sell Thread

A trading post for established members. Please read the rules first.
Rack 'n Ruin

Rack 'n Ruin's Buy 'n Sell Thread

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Greetings!

EDIT 23/07/14: Kreons wanted... See below...

I am now looking for selected Kreons to add to me Kreon army. Are you looking to de-clutter your home and get rid of some? If so, you can help to add clutter to my home! ;)

As an example, Kreons I would be interested in are:

Sunstreaker (SDCC)

PM if you are interested in discussing prices, etc.
Wreck and Rule!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

AFAIK, the Skids wave is more likely to be around after Xmas. Interested myself, but not going to spend silly money on him to get early...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

From what appears to be the trend ever since the combaticon wave last year...

Round 1-Hasbro reveals the wave assortment, people go crazy, swear they'll buy 50 of them, prices for original moulds/not repaints are soaring high in both retailers and even second hand markets.

--Best bet is to avoid getting caught up in round 1.

Round 2-Hasbro releases a very similar wave assortment a short time later, with some other figures thrown in the mix. Retail prices for the crazy guys on round 1 sort of settle down.

--Good purchasing point.

Sometimes, round 2 is skipped completely in favour of round 3.

Round 3-Takara reveals/releases THEIR versions of said characters for twice the asking price. Most fans go wild, try and overpay for them at American sites, after holding them, realize how much their butt hurts for overpaying for the same figure TWO times, try to sell off their hasbro version for cheaper. Around this time online stores have squeezed the unlucky ones dry and finally start selling the hot figures at regular retail/individual cost.

Hoist, at the moment, is somewhere between round 1 and 2. He can get cheaper, so wait it out.

Skids and Swerve are possibly going to stay in round 1 for a couple of months, before skipping round 2 and going straight for round 3.

It's not much of a help or advice, but wait it out eventually. If I manage a trip to the TRU at Clifton Moor in December I'll grab what I can find.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Denyer wrote:AFAIK, the Skids wave is more likely to be around after Xmas. Interested myself, but not going to spend silly money on him to get early...
Hmm, I've been seeing threads on TF boards where people have Skids, Waspinator, etc. in hand, so I thought maybe the wave was now out. Kapow has the wave on pre-order for a scheduled November release, but their estimated dates can be off at times (understandably). However, the two things together made me think the wave would be in the wild this side of the Queen's speech.

I've been wrong before though, and I'm damn sure I'll be wrong again...

On Hoist, Skids, et al.: I'm not keen on paying prices too far north of the standard TRU UK deluxe price (£12.99 ~ $21ish). I could wait and see if Hoist turns up in the UK, but I have serious doubts about any waves beyond that one. Likewise with Swerve. Will the UK get any Generations Legends beyond the (I think still unreleased) Megatron / Starscream wave? I'm not so sure...
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

The local walmart has deluxes on markdown for $9.99 or thereabouts, and they have Springer for $23.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote:The local walmart has deluxes on markdown for $9.99 or thereabouts, and they have Springer for $23.
Oooh, interested in the deluxes (already found a Springer on Amazon UK, thanks). Do they have Hoist & Skids?

Also, any sign of Legends MTMTE Swerve yet, or am I being as ridiculously over optimistic about his release date as I fear I am?
Wreck and Rule!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Also, any sign of Legends MTMTE Swerve yet, or am I being as ridiculously over optimistic about his release date as I fear I am?
I don't think Swerve's been spotted at retail yet, but his is the next wave to be released so I'd expect cases of him and Cosmos to hit the shelves before Christmas.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Oooh, interested in the deluxes (already found a Springer on Amazon UK, thanks). Do they have Hoist & Skids?

Also, any sign of Legends MTMTE Swerve yet, or am I being as ridiculously over optimistic about his release date as I fear I am?
I believe you fear correctly... usually the next year's wave one shows up here in the week between Christmas and New Years, which is still a good month away.

Would you have me snag a Hoist now and send it on, or should I wait a few more weeks?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote:I believe you fear correctly... usually the next year's wave one shows up here in the week between Christmas and New Years, which is still a good month away.

Would you have me snag a Hoist now and send it on, or should I wait a few more weeks?
Ooooh, what to do, what to do...

I think it all depends if Skids is out or not. If, next time you are out and about, you see both Hoist and Skids I'd definitely like them. If, however, only Hoist is out I think I'd rather wait until the new year and see what the situation is both here and with you. Would that be OK? I don't want to be a pain, or impose on you...
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

The thread... IT LIVES!!!

I have just come into ownership of three blind bagged Kreon Micro Changers from the preview line that only got very spotty distribution. I haven't yet opened the packs, but if my internet code sources are accurate (and they have been to date) I already have these figures. I am looking to sell them or trade them for other Kreons, if anyone is up for that.

I (believe) I have:

1x Scorponok
2x Spinister

I also now have the following on offer:

1x Waspinator *

* Used

Kreons I would be interested in are:

Huffer
Kickback
Long Haul
Thrust
Ramjet
Brawn
Rodimus
Cyclonus
Kup
Wildrider
Bumblebee (G1)
Thundercracker

Is anybody interested in a trade? I'm open to offers ( :eek: ), so why not try me?

I am happy to send the blind bagged figures out either still sealed or with the outer packaging opened to check the contents are who I believe they are.

By the by, Gen Hoist and Skids have been acquired with the great help of the even more great Clay. Thank you once again, kind and noble sir. :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Bumparoo.

I've updated my Kreon wants list. Make me an offer... :)
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Walgreen's still has the wave three blind packs in stock, which I believe include the first three or four on that list. Want me to look for them?
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

That's a kind offer, Clay. Thanks. However, I'll pass as I'm more interested in trading the Kreons I have duplicates of than buying more at present (trying to keep the costs down, and Kreons are TOO addictive). I appreciate the thought though.
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

BOMP! /Getaway

First post updated...
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Mr. Bump...
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Le Bumpage.

Anybody for a swap? Go on, you know you want to... ;)
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Bumpity bump cheque book and pen!
Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I'll be listing the Kreons I have for sale/trade on eBay soon, so if you would like to negotiate a deal or swap now is the time. And honestly, who doesn't want a tiny Kreon Shockwave to kill your tiny Kreon
SPOILER! (select to read)
Bumblebee
like in Dark Cybertron? You can even have Waspinator lurking around too, should you wish. :)
Wreck and Rule!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Kreon Shockwave? Yes please! I have an extra Guzzle to trade for it.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote:Kreon Shockwave? Yes please! I have an extra Guzzle to trade for it.
Cool. Done deal. PM me your address (I probably have it somewhere, but I'm not 100% sure where) and I'll send Shockers over. Padded envelope OK?
Wreck and Rule!