POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Warcry wrote:I also picked up Swerve tonight! Now I can hear those familiar with me wondering "Why did you buy Swerve when you hate the character?" And indeed, even though I thought it looked like a good little toy I was originally planning to pass on it in favour of the inevitable Gears redeco. But then we actually saw Gears, with his shitty unpainted head and not at all remolded chest, and I decided that I'd much, much rather own a toy of that jackass Swerve than that. So here we are.

I agree with you on the head mold, it's perfectly fitting. Cheaping out on head articulation is dirty pool, though. I guess Hasbro figured it was pointless it have a joint in there since it's kinda awkward to get your fingers in there to pose the head anyway, but it's already on a hinged joint so it's not like it would drive the figure's cost up any.

Aside from that I think he's a pretty good little figure. He's not as good as Cosmos but then Cosmos is great so that's no shame. The finish on these little guys is very good -- both Cosmos and Swerve have more paint apps than a lot of Deluxes I've bought lately. It's a great size class for Minibots too, and I'm hopeful that they'll continue on with them for a while (though I'd be just as happy to see the little Targetmasters dropped, as they add very little to the whole package -- they're terrible Transformers and not very convincing as guns).
Yeah, I love the new Cosmos toy. I did end up having t repaint his red helmet though. The paint started wearing off on the front exposing the white plastic underneath. I do want the Gears toy too, since he's one toy I never had from the original line.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Transformers Prime 'Fire Breath' Predaking. Its the Leader class toy. Surprisingly simple transformation, handsome ratchet joints, decent robot mode and cool dragon mode. All in all, good fun and a good capstone to my Prime collection.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

I was getting my sister a Transformer as a surprised gift (awww), and I found them. My local TRU turned a whole corner into TF4 Bots!!!! Grimlock has joined the collection with one goal. To contact all Grimlocks, and form a council of the Grimlocks with himself as leader. "Me Grimlock no bozo, me King".
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Just picked up a reveal the shield Optimus Prime - lovely little bit of toyness for a quite cheap €7. My collection is starting to grow. After years of no-buys, I have bought three TFs this year. Starting to get addictive :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Got two great big boxes in the mail today. One came from BBTS, containing Generations Rattrap and Tankor, Lost Age Dispensor, Devastator, and Bumblebee, Warbotron Air Burst, and waves three and four of Generations Legends (Swerve, etc.). The other, even better box came from Notabot, who tirelessly worked to acquire multiples of the Target legion Abominus sets heavy clearance ($7 each!) for me. But the crown jewel of the day was the Abominus artwork drawn by Notabot's son Michael. It'll be the centerpiece of the display once I finish it. :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

The aforementioned artwork: Image
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

SPOILER! (select to read)
I could definitely draw a better Abominus than a small child. Take that small child!

Thanks to Cliffy my Gobots collection has now increased to two:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 890ee3bbd9
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I picked up three more Beast Wars toys last night: Bantor, Powerpinch and Retrax.

Bantor has a neatly realized beast mode, but his robot mode is one of the laziest things in the entire line, and really underscores the hit-or-miss nature of the Fuzors as a whole.

Retrax is easy to write off as a "what were they thinking?" mess, but there's something about him that I like. Maybe it's because he's just so weird, and is simply the sort of thing we'd never see in this day and age of slavishly, utterly conventional designs in everything that isn't a movie toy. (Though that's maybe not fair, as the previous fanboy-friendly designers have been replaced with a team that's really not had much time to show their colours yet).

Powerpinch is quite cool, with a really nice alt-mode and one of the most effective uses of translucent plastic in the whole line (depending on light levels he looks like he's two totally different colours). Beast Wars has always had my favourite "Basic" figures and he's a good illustration of why -- good articulation, a simple but effective transformation and good playability, in a toy that doesn't try to cram too many features into a small amount of real estate.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

There's a really funny story attatched to why the Apollo Robo Cliffy sent me isn't in the picture with the other two above, but it's one I'll never tell.

But anyone who says I didn't find him in the box until after I'd had Cliffy searching his own house for him and at the point I was about to chuck the whole lot down the chute is a complete and utter liar. I mean, why would people say that?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 5fbae9f15e

I'm slightly disapointed Apollo Robo doesn't turn into Richard Hatch.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Generations AoE Voyager Grimlock today. The design is pretty cool, and his face says him Grimlock although the tall head crest is a bit weird. The transformation is interesting, although as usual Hasbro supply terrible instructions. The fake lower jaw on his chest is fine in robot mode but looks stupid on the hops off the T-rex mode though, and the back kibble is a little distracting, although reminiscent of G1 Grimlock but the effect falls short when there are duplicate false parts elsewhere on the robot. He also has balance issues in robot mode. Don't get me wrong - this is a much better design than FoC Voyager Grim lock and has a way more interesting transformation than I expected, but he's not in any way phenomenal. I wonder how the Leader Class version compares...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

numbat wrote:Got Generations AoE Voyager Grimlock today. The design is pretty cool, and his face says him Grimlock although the tall head crest is a bit weird. The transformation is interesting, although as usual Hasbro supply terrible instructions. The fake lower jaw on his chest is fine in robot mode but looks stupid on the hops off the T-rex mode though, and the back kibble is a little distracting, although reminiscent of G1 Grimlock but the effect falls short when there are duplicate false parts elsewhere on the robot. He also has balance issues in robot mode. Don't get me wrong - this is a much better design than FoC Voyager Grim lock and has a way more interesting transformation than I expected, but he's not in any way phenomenal. I wonder how the Leader Class version compares...
What's really interesting is that AoE Grimlock isn't really a Tyrannosaurus. He's a Carnotaurus. Tyrannosaurus didn't have horns. As for the leader class version. All of the images and videos I've seen point to the voyager class being much better. The upper torso of the leader class's beast mode is way too stretched out with too short of a tail (which comes off to form his weapons). Emgo from Youtube prefers the robot mode on the leader class version, but the beast mode of the voyager class version. Personally, I like the voyager class version better overall.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Prime Beast Hunters Optimus Prime (Voyager): I liked this version over the Leader class version and outside of owning a version of Optimus Prime from each TV continuity, I don't have much else to say about it.
Destruction is my specialty
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Thanks to Clay, I have all 5 components of Generations Bruticus, and thanks to surgery, I had time to open them and play with them. I really like these guys! I haven't combined them yet, but I enjoy them quite a bit as robots and vehicles. Sure, Onslaught's "vehicle" mode took a huge hit for Bruticus, but it's still pretty cool looking from certain angles.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

My wife bought me the G1 Grimlock Kre-o set for father's day. It's a neat set that, for some reason, has movie kreons and a large G1 Grimlock together in the same set, as well as a G1 Grimlock Kreon (with a crown!).

Then we hit the local flea market and found Cybertron Vector Prime complete and still in an unopened package, even if the package was a bit battered and looks like it got stuck in the bottom of a box during a move. He's big, chunky, and I really dig the clockwork look on him.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

For birthday/Father's Day I got Scorn and Fall of Cybertron Grimlock. I like Scorn more than I thought I might from the pictures. He's pretty dang cool. And Grimlock is awesome in robot mode, and not terrible as a dino.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Prehistory Animal KO of Grimlock, with huge thanks to Clay for helping me out with the US seller, and the UniqueToys replacement head for Metroplex -- which is a massive improvement and much more proportional to the robot mode. Also comes with forearm turret guns to make him feel a bit more like a citybot.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I was idly browsing good old ebay and noticed a couple of sellers doing the MP cars for £30 shipped and got me a Tigertrack, as I thought there's no chance I'll eve own the super limited 'proper' release from years ago, and he's one of those Diaclone colours toys I've always really wanted. And £30 sounds a hell of a lot better than £200!

Plus it gives me a chance to see what all the fuss is about. Especially as I've been very tepid towards these runty little things.

I gotta admit, its impressive stuff. I don't know what it is with this MP COuntach mould, but it just looks awful in photos. Its much better in hand. I also got a bunch of extra accessories - some chromed piledrivers and some black nubbins to slap on his wrists.

Vehicle mode is lovely, all banana yellow. doesn't roll so well, but I suppose play value isn't really in mind for these things. Love the transformation and the robot mode is excellent. just a shame the chest doesn't clip properly in place as the tab on his waist is too big to clip into the hole on the bonnet. Unless I'm missing something. He feels fairly light too, being all plastic and its a shame some diecast couldn't be worked in, along with some rubber for the tyres. Only then would this be deserving of the 'Masterpiece' tag.

Generally very impressed and very pleased to finally own Tigertrack :)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Rhinox arrived in a box from Clay. It's beautiful. A need to add some nail polish to a lose leg joint just added to the nostalgy. ;)

Oh, also Whirl but it's waiting for a chance to make the leg fix before properly transforming it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got Voyager Sandstorm in the mail.

Looks cool in robot mode, very nice and heroic proportions, lots of neat joints, around the size of an MP car...

but I'm very underwhelmed. I cycled through all his modes once...and not feeling it. Dune buggy and robot are somewhat ok, VTOL is laughable in regards to how his arms sit around, dune buggy appears to "lock" but the cockpit is just mashed together, and while poseable, the fans and backpack make him less articulated and stable in bot mode than he should be.

Don't know, perhaps Springer would have been better off to sell me on the mould. Meh.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I got the G1 Grimlock Kreo set, AoE Strafe, Slash and G1-truck-mode Optimus. I also got Hailstorm and Animated Soundblaster from Clay. Many of these are unopened, as I'm still making my way trhough the Kreo stuff I bought last month. They seem to have remolded the kreon arms. None of the Wave 4 or Obsidian kreons had any stress marks on the wrists, and bricks attach to the wrists far easier than they did with preview wave Scorponok. I figured Nautilator had human arms since they were easier to attach bricks to.

I finally opened Crosshairs, but I haven't been able to get him fully into car mode. Is there some trick to getting the pegs beyond his hands to connect to the holes in his fenders? I try to push them in, but the fenders just bend, moving the hole away. My fingers are too big to fit between the fender and leg to apply any pressure the other way.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry