Transformers: More than Meets the Eye season two discussion

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Red Dave Prime wrote:I for one wont be too hard on the scientific basis for a plot set within a universe populated with living, transforming robots.
:p

It was Dalek I was waggling my finger at, MTMTE can be as wacky as it likes.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Terome wrote::p

It was Dalek I was waggling my finger at, MTMTE can be as wacky as it likes.
Yeah, well just so we're clear *makes "I'm watching you buddy!" Motion *
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Auntie Slag wrote:The other thing is probably 80% of my love for Roller comes from Ratchet's line: "if for no other reason than it was the last time we were all together".
This reminds me of something I was thinking at one point: What if the reason Shadowplay was the last time the three of them were together was because Roller gets involved with the LL-crew's time jump and ends up coming back to the present with them.
It would explain why he disappeared, removes the whole "Tarn is Roller" thing, and adds another member to the crew. Could be interesting. Or a horrible mistake.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Yeah, well just so we're clear *makes "I'm watching you buddy!" Motion *
*loads gun before leaving the car*
Unicron: This reminds me of something I was thinking at one point: What if the reason Shadowplay was the last time the three of them were together was because Roller gets involved with the LL-crew's time jump and ends up coming back to the present with them.
It would explain why he disappeared, removes the whole "Tarn is Roller" thing, and adds another member to the crew. Could be interesting. Or a horrible mistake.

Ooh, I like that idea.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I love you Unicron, and I want to have your babies.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I second the liking of Unicrons theory (indeed, any that move away from Tarn is really... dun-dun-dun!) but I am less then inclined for baby making with said Robot Deity.
Terome

Post by Terome »

Though, oddly, we've seen the fictional Unicron have more babies than any other Transformers character. Cyclonus, Scourge, Hook, Line, Sinker, the Mini-cons...

She's a fertile old cosmo-tick.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I appreciate the intent behind the comments, but the baby making comments are a bit weird. Or at least they were about the last thing I was expecting when I saw there were new posts (the last thing would probably have been the Spanish Inquisition).

Anyway, now that we've got time travel as a major plot bit, it seems like a viable fate for Roller. Though anything could have happened to him. The only things we have to go on is no present day appearances (unless he really is what was in Prime's trailer back in the -Ations) and that vague line from Ratchet.
I'm pretty sure he was a throwaway character. A potentially expendable character to add to the drama, since everyone else involved was known to survive the events of Shadowplay.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Gave 35 another re-read; quality stuff. It also made me go back and flick through the rest of Season 2 and, sure enough, back in issue 30 we have Swerve moaning about one of his en get cannisters going missing and Brainstorm saying he always carries his own drink.
I like bears.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I would be very happy for Tarn to not in fact be Roller when there’s the possibility he could be a time traveller thanks to Brainstorm’s machinations (that’s a very wild n’ wooly ‘could’ of course).

Also, at what point does MTMTE and RID tie-in with previous IDW comics? Is it indeed all the same universe, in which case something will occur that puts Roller in the little six-wheeled buggy that I think we last saw in Devastation?

But then Roller is one of the three separate physical units of Prime’s psyche. I wonder if this may suggest a Topspin/Twin Twist style branched spark between Prime and Roller?

That would be interesting, because in LSotW Topspin and Twin Twist mentioned that the pain was becoming more frequent. If they had survived Garrus 9, what would have happened to them? Some sort of necessary joining? Did Rack n’ Ruin experience something similar in the IDW-verse? (according to Marvel they were two warriors injured in battle who had to be joined to save their lives, but that doesn’t mean its the same deal with IDW).

Prime/Roller could be our chance to see what happens to branched sparks that have completed the sequence, or rather what it means. That would be ace because we were robbed of the chance in LSotW which was a sub-plot cut off at the hip, as it were.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

There has been a line in MTMTE about Rack and Ruin's operation, I believe.

As for the IDW continuity, the current comics are entirely a part of it. However, Roberts had out and out said Roller the bot is separate from roller the bit of prime. Named in remembrance? Who knows...
I like bears.
zigzagger

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #36

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #36 three-page preview by way of iTunes.

Set for release on December 17!
Attachments
mtmte 36 p2-3.jpg
mtmte 36 p1.jpg
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Merry Christmas, MTMTEers!
Wreck and Rule!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Guess Perceptor worked a way around the whole spark compatibility thing. With 'magic', presumably.

More importantly, we're getting time traveling hijinks with the old gang (and Riptide :|). Which is good, because I've missed them.

Also -- Windcharger is dismembering someone with his magnetic powers (!!!!). I hope we don't get some in-story explanation why he's no longer awesome presently.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

So this is basically the TF version of days of future past with the X-men replaced with the Outlier. Yay!

Glad to see the original gang more prominent here too. Some interesting times ahead hopefully.

Re-sparks and such - I'm guessing Rungs spark may be a key to this time machine working? Interesting as well that there is no megatron in the crew.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Red Dave Prime wrote:I'm guessing Rungs spark may be a key to this time machine working?
Oh, good call. What with Rung having the "brightest spark" and all, and he is holding the briefcase.
Interesting as well that there is no megatron in the crew.
At this point, the crew thinks Brainstorm is after Pax... so, uhhh, out of conflict of interests, Megatron's been excluded from all the time traveling hijinks maybe...????
Terome

Post by Terome »

Looks like they brought the A-Team and Tailgate.

So around the time of Megatron: Origin, Orion Pax and his merry men were protecting baby sparks? From the Functionists?

The make-up of the time team is interesting. Megatron, I can understand, by why no Ultra Magnus? Is it because they'd run into a previous Ultra Magnus and have to explain a thing or two? That would be a good reason to send Tailgate, Cyclonus and Riptide. But then there's a version of Rodimus and Whirl from this time, right?

I'm sure it will all get explained.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Or.... Magnus and Megatron are leading a second team (Team: Megamags) on a separate raid against a strike against megs. I'm guessing Megs could be that spark for that one.

Although I am hedging bets that the reason some of this are not being include is the possibility they might meet themselves - Skids is another odd one not in.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Science seems poorly represented for a time jump away team. Wot no Perceptor or Nautica?

However, soooooooooooooooo looking forward to this. Not only Roller, but the Outliers again. Windcharger is back!
Wreck and Rule!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yes, I think it was in Spotlight: Orion Pax. Brainstorm carries his own drink, why was that again? I can understand Swerve watering down the drinks, but is stealing the engex canister pre-empting the watering down?

And where is Rung?