Transformers: More than Meets the Eye season two discussion

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Auntie Slag wrote:
Also, Minimus has red eyes. Did he have red eyes during Remain in Light? I thought only Decepticons had red eyes?
Yes he did. The current comic books do not delve into the "blue eyes, good, red eyes, bad" category.

Skids, Hoist, Chromedome, Brainstorm have yellow eyes.
Fort Max, Trailbreaker, Minimus and possibly more have red eyes.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Terome

Post by Terome »

I'm sure I remember a reference once where 'changing your optics' was shorthand for switching sides. And didn't Thunderclash remark on Drift's religious practice of changing his eyes to suit the mood?

If it is something easy to do, I figure that most Decepticons changed their eyes to Megatron's red early on and then it became a thing. Just like how everyone thinks Cyclonus is a Decepticon because he is purple. Colours are more than cosmetic to these guys!

People like Fort Max and Grimlock might be making some sort of statement by keeping their eyes red. 'Reclaim the suffix' and all that.

Now, what's up with Prime having yellow eyes in the -ation era and switching to blue around All Hail Megatron?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

There have been two instances [penned by Roberts] where there is some significance in eye colour, but both were written with a religious attribute in mind.

First one is when Roadbuster believes Springer's eyes are matrix blue, thus compatible with the matrix [LSOTW], second is the Thunderclash incident in which he remarks that Drift is adjusting the hue of his eye colour to match the room.

Bots think Cyclonus is a con because he was with Nemesis Prime and later on Galvatron, both of which were associated with evil doings ;)

I personally just chuck any inconsistencies in colours and art to editorial issues. Soundwave also switches between eye colours, Starscream as well.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I loved the continual sight of Tailgate pinging into Ratchet on his BTTF2 hoverboard. It reminded me of Charlie Brown getting knocked off his pitchers mound by the baseball.

I must say though, and I don't know if this is the influence of the Cliffjumper thread or what, but MTMTE has felt a lot less necessary to me lately. I used to crave the next issue, it was so cool not only to be going down the (equivalent of) a Newsagents to get a Transformers comic again, but one as superbly written and illustrated as this. It felt vital.

But for the last handful of issues it hasn't felt that way so much. I'm not sure why as everything is fine. Apparently lots of people regard this issue as one of the best. I do like it a lot, but for me its nowhere near that. Maybe its a grower...

Maybe its because I'm still put off by Nautica & Riptide for really immature reasons (them not being toys), which I know is utterly stupid when I like Drift... Or rather, I like Drift because of his relationship with Rodimus and Ratchet.

I mean, the DJD are back and this should mean high excitement and high stakes time. But I'm put off by Nickel and Deathsaurus and his no-name crew. I'd be more than happy for the Lost Light + Megatron to Square off against Tarn and co. That's as dangerous as it gets.

But I also want resolution for Skids, the Necrobot, the Scavengers, backstory on Ambulon, Red Alert & Fort Max (with guns in his legs and everything), Chromedome's nefarious meddlings with everyone, Rung and for Drift to return. Oh, and Springer, Roadbuster, Overlord, Pharma, whoever's pulling Tyrest's strings and the other dodgy geezers on the Lost Light are just as dangerous to the known cast as any errant Decepticons; referring here to Smokescreen, Sunstreaker, Atomizer...

Top of my list would be Skids, but I've a feeling he's deeply connected to at least two different storylines that would need a lot of unravelling from other characters.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Also, is Ore still partly sticking out of the Quantum engines?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Auntie Slag wrote:Also, is Ore still partly sticking out of the Quantum engines?
Nope. He poofed with the Metrotitan back in the Annual.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

That's interesting. He may or may not be alive then!

Incidentally, I was re-reading an issue of Remain in Light the other day and I felt really sorry for the little Medibot getting crushed by one of the Legislators; especially after Ambulon said it had taken an unusual shine to Spoke and Lockstock, who we still haven't seen!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

He is if the Metrotitan still is. I think the RID annual was unclear on that. No idea, haven't read it.

Yeah, I remember noticing the poor Medibot on a recent read too. Tis a shame, though I'm still more annoyed by the lack of an appearance by Ambulon's alt mode.

And since you mentioned Atomizer earlier, a though occurred to me recently regarding him and the fake list he gave to Rodimus. Everyone seems to assume Atomizer made up the list himself for whatever read, but he said it came from a 'mutual friend'. It entirely possible that person is the one who faked the list and was just using Atomizer (who may have been honest and meant well) to deliver it. Doesn't tell us anything, but gives us another angle to consider.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

It certainly does. Maybe its this speculation which is the extra element I've felt missing lately. Unicron, if you could just leave a tab open on your browser all day no matter where you are that'd be great, because that Atomizer comment was dynamite and instantly got the MTMTE love flowing again. I'd never even thought of that one!

Why on earth did Hyperion, first leader of The Wreckers get killed so early and pointlessly in this series? There's a chap with some serious backstory. Also reminds me of the need to see Valve, Rack n' Ruin's fate, and whether Pious Maximus is painting serene landscapes in a home.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Yeah, the speculation game has been low lately. Mostly from the horde of people tossing bits and pieces together and figuring things out early (the deal with the alternate Lost Light, that Brainy was really after Megs), but also the recent issues haven't seemed to really provide much fodder for it. Unless we're missing things...

I have to go back and compare dead Hyperion to the one shown fighting Black Shadow in that flashback. Could be one of those 'more than one guy named Prowl' things. But if they are one and same, that is indeed a bit of a waste. Though there's always ways to get into his background, Impactor showing up for story time, for one.

And I still think Pious and Fortress Maximus are connected, possibly even the same bot. Fort Max being a warborn Point One Percenter (on a good day) seems like a real oddity.
zigzagger

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #41

Post by zigzagger »

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #41 three-page preview from the usual place.
Attachments
mtmte 41 pg3.jpg
mtmte 41 pg2.jpg
mtmte 41 pg1.jpg
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

The Thunderclash School of Heroic Arts. Really? Ok, I'm officially with Rodimus on his opinion of 'Thunders'.

I hope that wasn't the death of Countdown. Highly decorated General? He might be interesting
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Bloody hell, I've still not got to #40 yet....
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Not that haven't enjoyed all the dillydallying, but I'm hoping that, since we're now revisiting Thunderclash and company, we'll finally see some progression on the actual quest.

Also, it could just be the arrangement of colors, but I'm totally getting a Rodimus vibe from Firestar's (re)design.
Unicron wrote:The Thunderclash School of Heroic Arts. Really?
Yeah, and I had forgotten all about 'rigor morphis' until this preview reminded me that that term exists.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Metrotitan from the MTMTE Annual blew up real good after declaring Starscream The Chosen One in the RID Annual. Where Ore actually went was never more than speculation though, so he may be out there.

He's probably Tarn.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Brainstorm being back to just one of the guys is a bit disappointing.

Sigh. Looks like Cliffy was right....

Also - are all the bots showing off to impress nautica perhaps?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

So someone over on TFW2005 noticed that there's something interesting on the credits page (I think). It shows one of the new characters (Velocity, her name having been revealed by Milne when showing off some of the new character designs) standing with what appears to be Minimus, looking at a bunch of stuff carved into a wall. One of the carvings being that gear symbol that was on the backside of Luna 1. Perhaps Thunders was taking notes from his divine visions, just in case.

Which reminds me... The Matrix map. It was copy protected. You couldn't take a picture of it nor remember the details. So why the bloody hell did no one project the map onto one of the Lost Light's walls and carve the damn thing in with a laser scalpel? I guess Perceptor wasn't smart enough to figure that one out
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Unicron wrote:
Which reminds me... The Matrix map. It was copy protected. You couldn't take a picture of it nor remember the details. So why the bloody hell did no one project the map onto one of the Lost Light's walls and carve the damn thing in with a laser scalpel? I guess Perceptor wasn't smart enough to figure that one out
I'm guessing for the same reason they couldnt photo it or remember any details - the image probably couldnt be traced by cybertronian eyes / hands.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Unicron wrote:The Thunderclash School of Heroic Arts. Really? Ok, I'm officially with Rodimus on his opinion of 'Thunders'.
It's more than a little over the top, isn't it? In the issue he debuted in, you could argue that it's just Rodimus overreacting to someone who's a better leader than him on account of how much Rodimus sucks. But stuff like this makes it look like Thunderclash really is super-duper awesome, which is sort of eyeroll-inducing.
Unicron wrote:I hope that wasn't the death of Countdown. Highly decorated General? He might be interesting
Yeah, that would be a Black Shadow-caliber waste.
Red Dave Prime wrote:Brainstorm being back to just one of the guys is a bit disappointing.
Disappointing but not surprising. :(

Like dalek said in the last issue's thread, you'd think the crew would be a mite uneasy around the guy who just poisoned them all.
Unicron wrote:Which reminds me... The Matrix map. It was copy protected. You couldn't take a picture of it nor remember the details. So why the bloody hell did no one project the map onto one of the Lost Light's walls and carve the damn thing in with a laser scalpel? I guess Perceptor wasn't smart enough to figure that one out
I asked myself the exact same question the very second they introduced the whole silly "copy-protected" idea. That, or use a projector that was rigged to use enough power to burn it onto the wall. I assume the silly unexplained magic that somehow prevents a living machine's hard drives from storing pictures of it also somehow prevents them from doing this, but since they didn't mention it, it's just a guess.

Or maybe it's 100% possible but the magic just prevents them from thinking of it. :glance:
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Warcry wrote:I asked myself the exact same question the very second they introduced the whole silly "copy-protected" idea. That, or use a projector that was rigged to use enough power to burn it onto the wall. I assume the silly unexplained magic that somehow prevents a living machine's hard drives from storing pictures of it also somehow prevents them from doing this, but since they didn't mention it, it's just a guess.

Or maybe it's 100% possible but the magic just prevents them from thinking of it. :glance:
Well, the one explanation I've thought of so far is that Percy was just wrapping up his 'copy-protected' explanation when Pipes hit the Overlord-alarm. There wasn't time for other crew members to consider the problem nor do anything about it with the way events transpired between then and breaking the thing to stop the Killswitch.

As for the crew not really being irked by Brainstorm, best I've got is a non-lethal poisoning is small potatoes compared to what they saw during the war. Hell, they haven't tossed the unrepentant killer of their friends on Kimia out an airlock yet. Worst Cyclonus gets is dirty looks, some comments made behind his back, and the stuff said to his face on the Rodpod while the Lost Light and people were disappearing. If he's allowed to remain on the ship, then Brainy is too.