Photo Uploads

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

ganon578

Photo Uploads

Post by ganon578 »

What's the best way to upload and/or imbed images for the reviews these days, now that the hosting software has changed?

I can't seem to figure it out via the old methods. :(
Denyer

Re: Photo Uploads

Post by Denyer »

I think I've just enabled attachments for this forum -- can you see it at the bottom of the 'post reply' page?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Ahah! That seems like that's it. I'll try to use that function on reviews. I'll let you know if I have problems.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yep, that worked. Is there still a cap on attachments like previous (512 kb/image)?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's set to 256KiB/file, 5 files per post at the moment. Can increase it if you want -- if people want to post images straight from a camera it's probably better to use something like Imgur though.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

No need to increase. There's options there, I just didn't start an account anywhere to do so yet.

Thanks for the help!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I see the Attachments tab next to the Options tab below the text entry field here in the Reviews subforum, but not here. Could you enable it with the 512 kB/image limit? I've made more stuff, but have long since forgotten my Photobucket info.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm a bit reluctant to when there are some decent hosts that have been around for years -- the review forum attachments are more for images ready resized for upload.

https://makeawebsitehub.com/free-photo-hosting/

I'd suggest Imgur for fire-and-forget uploads that are still likely to be online for a long time, given the high traffic from Reddit they already carry, or Google Photos for personal hosting to organise files and use anywhere.