Hello, it's been almost 10 years.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Civ

Hello, it's been almost 10 years.

Post by Civ »

Hello. How's everyone doing? I was just working on re-arranging my Transformers collection and discovered that I still do love the franchise.

It also flashed through my mind that I just disappeared from this site while going through a personally tumultuous time in my life. I was a moderator for the News section and I just disappeared trying to make sense of my life. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone.

On a happier note, yes, I still do love Trailbreaker. And I just saw that this site now has a podcast. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Warcry

Re: Hello, it's been almost 10 years.

Post by Warcry »

...ten years? Really? When I saw your name pop up on the main page I thought "it's been a while since I saw him around", but I would have guessed two or three at most. Regardless, it's good to see you!

I hope life is making more sense for you now than it did then. :)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hi, Warcry and thanks. I think my life makes more sense now. At least as far as my job goes. I went from working for the oil refining industry, which directly conflicted with my personal beliefs to working in the mass baking industry where at least I design machines that help feed people. There were more factors than that but my job was definitely a large part of my troubles.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Hey Civ!

Sometimes it takes a leap of faith to set your path in the direction you want to take it and it sounds like you're on the right path for you now so that's fantastic!

Love the shelf of Trailbreaker!

I wonder who'll be next to turn back up :)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hey SCSW!

Yes, it did take a leap of...I'm not sure I'd say faith, more like aversion to desperation, depression, and thoughts I'd rather not think about. I only knew that I couldn't stay in an industry that I knew was helping in tearing the environment up and helps in promoting imperialism. I got lucky, very lucky, that I managed to get into an industry that was deemed "essential".

And thank you for the Trailbreaker compliment! I look forward to adding WCE Trailbreaker to my collection whenever he comes out in all of his boxy glory.

As for who will turn up next? I dunno but I would be surprised if it was Redstreak. Is Sir Auros still around? Or Vin Ghostal? Is Galvatron91 well? I know he had cancer but I recall him getting married.
StoneCold Skywarp

Civ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm Yes, it did take a leap of...I'm not sure I'd say faith, more like aversion to desperation, depression, and thoughts I'd rather not think about.
I found myself in a not entirely dis-similar position myself at the end of last year and took that "leap" into the unknown so I can empathise with you there.
And thank you for the Trailbreaker compliment! I look forward to adding WCE Trailbreaker to my collection whenever he comes out in all of his boxy glory.
Welcome! I enjoy seeing different iterations of characters collected together. I think I'm missing 4 or 5 of my namesake
As for who will turn up next? I dunno but I would be surprised if it was Redstreak. Is Sir Auros still around? Or Vin Ghostal? Is Galvatron91 well? I know he had cancer but I recall him getting married.
I briefly spoke to Auros a few months back on Steam (to invite him to the Discord server we have). I think Ghostal did re-appear briefly a short while back though that could be years now! I haven't spoken to G91 in a long time. I did have him added on Facebook but I deactivated my account 4-5 years ago. At that time I believe he was well, beyond that it's not really my place to comment.
I believe Redstreak may still be perma-banned :glance:
Civ

Post by Civ »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:48 pm I found myself in a not entirely dis-similar position myself at the end of last year and took that "leap" into the unknown so I can empathise with you there.
I hope you're doing well. It's a damn hard thing to do or so I've found. It takes a lot of courage since it's kind of like facing the unknown.
Welcome! I enjoy seeing different iterations of characters collected together. I think I'm missing 4 or 5 of my namesake
Wowsers! Kudos to you since Skywarp is far more popular than Trailbreaker. I tried doing that with Optimus Prime when I first started and didn't realize how monumentally hard that undertaking was. And since Skywarp is usually a repaint of Starscream and Screamer is so popular, that's gotta be hard. Probably not Prime-level of popular but still really popular.
I briefly spoke to Auros a few months back on Steam (to invite him to the Discord server we have). I think Ghostal did re-appear briefly a short while back though that could be years now! I haven't spoken to G91 in a long time. I did have him added on Facebook but I deactivated my account 4-5 years ago. At that time I believe he was well, beyond that it's not really my place to comment.
Well, I hope they're continuing to do well. I just lost a co-worker last week after he had a year-long battle with cancer. And four years ago, I lost another co-worker closer to my age to brain cancer. So yeah, G91 flashes through my mind every now and again.

I remember how lively Auros was on the forums. Especially when he was either drunk or wound up. And I recall Ghostal being quite lively as well. Who knows? Maybe they'll come back and go on a posting spree.
I believe Redstreak may still be perma-banned :glance:
Or was he eaten by a grue? :p
StoneCold Skywarp

Civ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:34 pm I hope you're doing well. It's a damn hard thing to do or so I've found. It takes a lot of courage since it's kind of like facing the unknown.
Fortunately (unlike the end of my time here) I now have an amazing partner who is encouraging and understanding in my aims and ambitions (unfortunately the pandemic kinda put a dent in that!)
Wowsers! Kudos to you since Skywarp is far more popular than Trailbreaker. I tried doing that with Optimus Prime when I first started and didn't realize how monumentally hard that undertaking was. And since Skywarp is usually a repaint of Starscream and Screamer is so popular, that's gotta be hard. Probably not Prime-level of popular but still really popular.
I fell behind a little bit so the ones I'm missing are now only available at eBay premiums. Frustratingly the "city" I live in does not have a branch of Smyths toy store (yet) so TFs get almost no shelf space in the few stores that may carry a line.
Or was he eaten by a grue? :p
:glance: :glance: :glance: :glance: :glance: :glance: :glance: :glance:
Last edited by StoneCold Skywarp on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Civ

Post by Civ »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 pmFortunately (unlike the end of my time here) I now have an amazing partner who is encouraging and understanding in my aims and ambitions (unfortunately the pandemic kinda put a dent in that!)
I'm just happy you have a partner despite the pandemic. I've had no such luck. Have a couple decent dating stories though that are...well...unusual.
I fell behind a little bit so the ones I'm missing are now only available at eBay premiums. Frustratingly the "city" I live in does not have a branch of Smyths toy store (yet) so TFs get almost no shelf space in the few stores that may carry a line.
Have you tried a local toy auctioneer? I know in my area, I found one who helped me sell most of my collection. I'm not sure what that scene looks like over in England though.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I just realized I didn't actually reply to this to say hi.

"Hi."

Also, ten years? Really? Doesn't seem that long.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hey Clay. Yeah, I couldn't believe it either but it makes sense when I view it from my career-perspective. I've been with my current employer for almost 9 years and I disappeared around the time I was shuffling back and forth between Pennsylvania and Quebec. I can't believe that was 10 years ago but yeah, it has been that long.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Heyo. I'm still here, sort of. o/
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hey Sades! So you're mostly out of Transformers but you still visit the forum for the company?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I like to stop in and see what peeps are upto, yeah. Post some nonsense. See if there are any new YouTube vids in the YouTube thread, or if anyone is talking about a video game I'm interested in. I still occasionally buy TFs, if they interest me so occasionally I post something actually TF related. Mostly though I think it might be the times Hound gets to talking about something TFA-related that makes me drift back. :laugh:
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

Sup man
Civ

Post by Civ »

Sades, do you remember the last thing TFA-related that made you drift back?

And hey, Claypool! It's been a while. Hope you're doing well.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yes! I was feeding the cat when Hound said "Hey, someone's asking you a question on TFA" just now. :laugh:

Other than that, perhaps podcast stuff.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Wait, Hound told you? I'm assuming this was on Discord or a chat?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

They're married. Not actually a wind-up or the first for this forum as I was reminded a while back (Scout and Dia Atlas).

Also sorry, didn't realise I hadn't said hi and welcome back.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Uh, yes, sorry I just assumed you knew from reading, I'm not sure why. Probs because we've been married for so long. We've been married for 8 1/2 years. We have a 7 year old daughter.