Thank you

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Thank you

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Hound wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:46 am I remember that glass! That was from one of the OTFCCs that I was at so that glass was, I think, meant to be from Scout, Flec, Jinrai, Garand and me.
I had a sneaking feeling you were involved but wasn't 100% sure. Memory and time not being what it was and all that (rum) in between times.
Sades wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:18 am You can thank me again Warp, I'm okay with that.
Thank you. You've never been far away even if we go months without communicating. I know I can count on your friendship.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Aww man, I was being facetious but now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You sir are a cool human bean. :wave:
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Those early 2000s drink-ups will always be dear memories, back in the days when everyone thought I was crazy for inviting a bunch of internet "strangers" round to my place and I'd definitely get murdered. Likewise I've been a bit crap at staying in touch with most people, I still see Jetfire every time I'm back in England, but I still consider everyone I met here friends and hope that it's mutual, despite my being very in and out. I'd love to hit up one of the big cons if timing ever allows.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

angloconvoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:29 pm I'd love to hit up one of the big cons if timing ever allows.
I'm giving serious consideration to hitting up TFNation next year (if it goes ahead) with a few of the guys I know that go down there.
Claypool
Protoform

Post by Claypool »

lol
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:31 am
I wish I could say they just disappeared one day without explanation, but I think they mostly left because Flec and I couldn't wrap our heads around Scout having a grown-up schedule and were pretty big jerks to her about not being around for the RPG. I've always wished she'd come back so I could have the chance to properly apologise for how we'd treated her, because she was legitimately one of the nicest people I've ever known and she deserved far better from her friends than that. :(
Counterpoint. Legit ruined the RPG experience for me by not letting me do what I wanted. At the time, I always attributed it to the fact I still chatted with Redstreak after that scandalous falling out.

Was one of the sweetest people I've ever met though. Every time a girl ends up over at my house for the first time they play with the Blaster she bought be at a flea market for my birthday.

Has anyone seen or heard from G91 in recent years? Poor guy was my internet father-figure for like 5 years there. Pretty sure I am now older than he was at that time.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not spoken to him, but recent fb activity -- https://www.facebook.com/erik.lien.71
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Ah good! Just knowing he's still alive is thrilling. I remember one of the last times I spoke with him over a decade ago was about some concerns over his health.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Denyer wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 am Not spoken to him, but recent fb activity -- https://www.facebook.com/erik.lien.71
Oh excellent! Good to know he's still alive. I feared the worst because I didn't know if he beat his cancer.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I don't think I ever interacted much with G91, but he was certainly a presence and I'm glad to hear he's still alive and kicking.
Blaster wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:06 am Counterpoint. Legit ruined the RPG experience for me by not letting me do what I wanted. At the time, I always attributed it to the fact I still chatted with Redstreak after that scandalous falling out.
You're talking about the Sunstreaker stuff, right? I remember that pretty clearly...it was the subject of more than one disagreement between her and I.

I don't think the Redstreak stuff (I missed out on that drama. I think it happened shortly after I got here?) played directly into that, though she definitely did have some fairly strong opinions about how far you should be trusted with going off on your own narratives. TBH I think more of it was her being EXTREMELY unhappy with how the RPG at that time mostly consisted of the Decepticons repeatedly kicking the Autobots' teeth in while we meandered around making practically no progress on the main plot. She was pretty resistant to anything that would strengthen the bad guys' position. I suppose she felt she had to be, since Flec and I (and probably Heinrad to a lesser extent) were more invested in the bad guys. Sadly I don't think any of us really kept out eyes on what we were supposed to be doing, which was making sure that all of YOU folks were having fun.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:27 am
I don't think the Redstreak stuff (I missed out on that drama. I think it happened shortly after I got here?) played directly into that, though she definitely did have some fairly strong opinions about how far you should be trusted with going off on your own narratives. TBH I think more of it was her being EXTREMELY unhappy with how the RPG at that time mostly consisted of the Decepticons repeatedly kicking the Autobots' teeth in while we meandered around making practically no progress on the main plot. She was pretty resistant to anything that would strengthen the bad guys' position. I suppose she felt she had to be, since Flec and I (and probably Heinrad to a lesser extent) were more invested in the bad guys. Sadly I don't think any of us really kept out eyes on what we were supposed to be doing, which was making sure that all of YOU folks were having fun.
Isn't that the entire history of Cybertron? Decepticons take it to the Autobots for however long and then the Autobots flourish and win in the end? The end goal was for Sunstreaker to end up a Devcon-esque bounty hunter.... which is what ended up happening when we did the jump ahead anyhow. I just never got to have my fun and Sunstreaker's come to Jesus moment as he fights Sideswipe for realsies.

She ended up shooting down a lot of ideas I had for characters to stop them from being so damn one dimensional.
Last edited by Blaster on Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

edit - this post is fake news.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:00 amIsn't that the entire history of Cybertron? Decepticons take it to the Autobots for however long and then the Autobots flourish and win in the end?
It is! But I also totally understand how some people who grew up on the cartoon exclusively might prefer more of a low-stakes affair, with the Decepticons throwing out zany schemes that invariably end with Megatron shouting "Decepticons, retreat!" But as I had to remind her a few times (and is it sad that I actually feel nostalgic for these disagreements nowadays?) that the Decepticons aren't NPCs and it's not fair to their players to make their faction entirely ineffectual either. It's a hard balance to strike, and I suppose that's why most traditional RPGs are set up under the assumption that all the PCs are going to be on the same side most of the time. It's hard enough to keep a game fair when it's not so heavy on PvP combat!

For what it's worth, not being able to help you get the Sunstreaker stuff to happen "on-screen" was one of my bigger disappointments from my time running the RPG. I was really looking forward to seeing it play out.

(The "new" RPG never making it to Earth is probably the only one that rivals that.)
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

In hindsight, it's amazing we got any where at all. The only stuff that seemed to progress smoothly was when a mutual enemy was introduced.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

It was never about the destination. It was about all the people Buzzsaw mercilessly killed along the way. :)