Latest Music Purchases.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Re: Latest Music Purchases.

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ha ha, I'd not seen that Vampira video before. I like the fact that the Devil plays a red strat and has spectacles!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Beyond that though, the music is :up: . Melodic sometimes and shouty and fast, just what I was looking for. Hard not to spam GD with it :o
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have been listening to more things!

Chvrches 'Screen Violence' (2021)
Another album of jolly electro stuffs. It's nice, but I think I preferred the one with the blue cross they did earlier. Maybe need to give this a few more. Robert Smith takes time out from the permanently gestating Cure's new album to do a turn. Nice.

Lord Of The Lost 'Judas' (2021)
Double album of pompous goth rock. Love it. Saw these live at HRH Goth last September and they were one of the highlights of the weekend. Double albums are always a bit dicey, but this one holds the attention.

Kurupt FM 'Greatest Hits (Part 1)' (2021)
Party like it's 1998 with Kurupt FM and their album full of Garage bangers. Despite the obvious joke nature of the band, this is good stuff. Craig David shows up too! Can I get a rewind?

Employed To Serve 'Conquering' (2021)
Probably my favourite metal album of 2021. Wasn't so struck by their debut, but this blows it out of the water and then some. Ballsy hardcore type stuffs that packs a punch and has lovely sleeve art.

Spiritbox 'Eternal Blue' (2021)
Woozy metal from the over side of an underwater hangover. Kind of awesome. Be interested to see where these go next.

Venues 'Solace' (2021)
Gobby pop-metal in the vein of New Years Day and that. No bad thing, when it's as solid as this.

Diablo Swing Orchestra 'Swagger And Stroll Down The Rabbit Hole' (2021)
Bonkers music hall metal.

The Joy Formidable 'Into The Blue' (2021)
Noisy indie scrape-rock. Sounds like a a carved out soul blowing in the wind. Whilst it snows. Great.

Remi Wolf 'Juno' (2021)
Further proof that pop music is where all the truly innovative stuff is being done. A lively, day glo assault of rap-pop. Fun and not just for 6Music listeners.

A Certain Ratio 'Loco Remezclada' (2021)
I thought 'Loco' would sound great remixed - and it does! Hooray!

Iggy Azalea 'End Of An Era' (2021)
Cool R'N'B type rap stuffs what I like. This makes my ears happy.

Cradle Of Filth 'Existence Is Futile' (2021)
Really rather smashing extreme metal blackness from the pits of Poe's (not the Teletubby) poetry book.

Converge & Chelsea Wolfe 'Blood Moon' (2021)
Neat collab by two artists I've not listened to separately, but this is good! I like it like I like orange marmalade. Which is a lot.

Jinjer 'Wallflowers' (2021)
Cor, this is great. Adds a bit of texture to the usual brutal assault of this lot.

Turnstile 'Glow On' (2021)
A very bouncy record, like a metal bouncy castle. Probably.

Gary Numan 'Intruder' (2021)
Wasn't so struck with the one where he's wandering across the desert he did a couple of years back. This is much more like it for me. It's all swirly and dark and miserable and dramatic. Love it.

Creeper 'American Noir EP' (2021)
My first proper dabbling with Creeper. I bought this as I liked the sleeve. It's good! Ramalama goth punk.

Amyl And The Sniffers 'Comfort To Me' (2021)
Couldn't get into these on their first outing, but this is has me sold. Better tunes, better production... just better.
Summoner
Protoform
Custom Title: demoniac

Post by Summoner »

The new Haiduk album Diabolica [2021]

Cognizant
Protoform

Post by Cognizant »

As for me, I bought Crash Bash full soundtrack (old PS1 game) :up:
Join https://kevin.games and start playing just now!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I bought this a while ago, when I went to my first pandemic-era show, but only listened to it for the first time today. The Negans - Somethang to Fear. Yes, Somethang. This is a punk band from Massachusetts that writes songs about the Walking Dead and covers Folsom Prison Blues.

I watched one episode of TWD and didn't care for it. They were trying decide if they should abandon/kill a baby that kept crying and attracting zombies. I realized that they should kill the baby not out of self preservation, but out of mercy, as living in a zombie apocalypse is a fate worse than death. Then, kill themselves so their corpses land in a fire and burn up instead of becoming zombies. That's what I'd do in a zombie apocalypse. I am not going to spend the rest of my days as a hunter-gatherer-fleer in terror.

So, I don't know their source material that well. But, I'm a fan of the guitarist from his other bands: Devlyn Sydus, Necrophiliac Meat Circus, and the New England franchise of Green Jell-O. They've played a few shows I've been to to see other bands, and I've liked their music. I just don't listen to CDs at home much anymore. I'll have to rip this to mp3 to bring in my car.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

MWWB - 'The Harvest' (2022)
Sludgey-drone metal from Wales. It's the perpetual sound of Welsh moaning and kind of blurs into one long note. I think it's good.

Pale Waves - 'Who Am I?' (2021)
Passable indie-goth. Sounds pretty good, but isn't particularly memorable.

Lady Gaga - 'Heart Of Chromatica' (2021)
I love remix albums. Especially when they're done well, like this glossy pulsating dancefloor workout.

Sleigh Bells - 'Texis' (2021)
I lost track of these after the underwhelming 'Jessica Rabbit', but this is brilliant and brought me back. Clattery, noisy and dancey. Love it.

Yard Act - 'The Overload' (2022)
Sounds like The Fall. No bad thing, when they have some melody behind the ranting.

Poppy - 'Flux' (2021)
Jolly metal tinged pop. Not as heavy her as her last one, but has better tunes, so yaay!

Once Human - 'Scar Weaver' (2022)
Slightly more melodic outing from the brutal shouters. It's not bad.

Venom Prison - 'Erebos' (2022)
Easily my favourite album of theirs already. Such a belting record. Absolutely love it and hope it does well for them, because it's ace.

Lights - PEP (2021)
Nice pop music to listen to whilst you're doing the ironing (I don't have an iron).

Confidence Man - 'Tilt' (2021)
These are absolutely fantastic. Record's brilliant and they're so good live. Put on a right show on Joolz Holland's telly programme, but no-one gave a hoot because Wet Leg were also on. Them and the chin-stroky wonderment of Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler. They were robbed! Their Glastonbury set is also fantastic, if you've iPlayer and fancy some dance music fun times and a lot of jumping around.

Charli XCX - 'Crash' (2022)
Solid album of chart bothering pop bangers (if anyone still cares about the charts).

Blood Red Shoes - 'Ghosts On Tape' (2022)
Nice electronic indie stomper of an album. Very good.

Wet Leg - 'Wet Leg' (2022)
I love Wet Leg. I think they've put out most stuff off this as singles/ videos/ downloads/ however modern ways to sell music works, which leaves the album feeling less of an event. Hmm.

Cage Fight - 'Cage Fight' (2022)
The sound of someone smashing your face in.

The Mysterines - 'Reeling' (2022)
Glorious loud sounding punk/indie racket.

Peaness - 'World Full Of Worry' (2022)
Not quite as good as hoped indie jangle. Above average.

The Linda Lindas - 'Growing Up' (2022)
Post pop-punk rock out jumping around stuff. It's not bad, 'Oh!' overshaodws everything else on the album though.

Ibibio Sound Machine - 'Electricity' (2022)
I'm too white to accurately describe whatever it is these do, but by golly do I like it. This and Confidence Man have been constantly on my ears since I bought them. It's brilliant.

Warmduscher - 'At The Hot Spot' (2022)
More sleazy, grubby disco-rock from these interestingly named herberts.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The Czars - 'Sorry I Made You Cry' (2010)

Yay, music-ness!

Just this one album for me. I totally dig John Grant’s voice and piano style. This is a covers album & not all great but he does do an awesome rendition of ABBA's Angel Eyes, and his versions of My Funny Valentine, You Don’t Know What Love Is etc are superb.

Apart from that physical CD I’ve been listening to a shed-load of early Depeche Mode and Joe Jackson on Spotify (when the intrusive adverts don’t wind me up, that is).
Summoner
Protoform
Custom Title: demoniac

Post by Summoner »

One more from Haiduk - Diabolica [melodic black metal]