Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by Denyer »

Mostly avoiding anything Masterverse that I've got a Classics figures of (or Origins or vintage of to be honest) but Halloween costume Evil Lyn is a novelty --

https://toyhabits.com/skelesorceress-ev ... -7-review/

The design work in Revelation is decent even if the scripting and arcs are a bit bobbins --

https://toynewsi.com/241-40934
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Anime Heroes: Digimon: Wargreymon.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Retro Rhino - Based on his appearance in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, in ToyBiz style cardbacks, bought from a buddy during the JB ROTB event.

Marvel Legends Binary - See above.

Lego Store Pick-A-Brick cup - Bought a cup of Lego bricks while at Chadstone for the JB Transformers event because they plan to retire the plastic cup in favor of cardboard boxes.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Aneme Heroes: Naruro Shippuden: Sakura Haruno - Bought from Amazon on half-price discount.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Legends Venom 3 Pack (Venom/ Riot/ Agony)
Nice set of symbiote figures based on the pretty awful 'Lethal Protector' mini-series from 1993. Riot is nice a beefy chunk of ugly in blue, Agony is the pink one because she's a girl and there's also Venom with a big wiggly tongue face which I like and one where part of Eddie Brock's angry face is visible. It's a nice set, but clearly no-one was biting at the RRP as Amazon have dropped the price by nearly 50%. Which is how I ended up with this.

Marvel Legends Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse Part One Spider - Gwen
Film must be doing well, as my local hmv where I bought this has completely sold out of the rest of the figures. I like this take on Gwen andI'm glad they've given the figure a smiley face over the slightly blank faced version the stock image shows.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Star Wars 75348 Mandalorian Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor.

LEGO Harry Potter 76413 Hogwarts: Room of Requirement.

LEGO Harry Potter 76420 Triwizard Tournament: The Black Lake.

Bought all three from Big W's toy sale.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Very WIP on a revised MI-13. Spitfire needs the glove/boot edges tidying up and a cape, I want to try a different head/hair on Wisdom, and so on, but at least this FH Excalibur will be in the right scale when I've sorted the head etc out. Includes a couple of OC characters, Beth Ridley and an as-yet-unnamed Faringdon witch.

edit: Better pics further down in thread.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Silver Centurion,

Marvel Legends MODOK,

Marvel Legends Black Widow (Deadly Origins).

These were bought from a Marvel Legends Facebook group.

Marvel Legends Venom 3-Pack (Venom, Agony and Riot).

This one was imported from Singapore through a friend.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Jurassic World Kronosaurus. Actually much better in-hand than product photos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdqYzZ3MZw

I've got various (mostly really inaccurate) mosasaurs that keep the cats off the bookshelves, but hadn't realised how popular my favourite prehistorical marine animal -- based on a piece of art I probably couldn't find again if I tried -- had gotten with toy companies.

Which is indirectly how I found out that this exists:
https://dinotoyblog.com/kronosaurus-pnso/

Nice, but a bit pricey, it's their premium line and there aren't many stockists over here. Maybe at some point. It's certainly an interesting and very lifelike take on a big K, plus it's called Jeff and looks like a cross between a crocodile and a hippo with oars.

Apex predators are fascinating for how often natural selection decides towards a tube shape with a few appendages for movement and **** off big heads full of teeth.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

One that I'm calling rough but done and happy with, a Clark Savage Jr out of a couple of WWEternia figures -- both John Cena -- and some other bits (mainly the shirt off a Killer Croc that looked more like Marvel's Lizard and a tweaked Black Adam comic style head for that widow's peak).

https://www.rjeanmathieu.com/doc-savage-at-90-fear-cay/

https://i.imgur.com/MkNoO8X.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As always not sure what kind of shitty image recognition algorithms Imgur is using to interpret this as "may contain erotic or adult imagery" type content. Possibly not wearing socks or opening of mouth to shout. Anyway, a break from Marvel characters for the only Authority custom I'm considering done although the Doctor, Swift and a replacement Engineer and Midnighter are in progress. I re-bought Jenny and Apollo after stupidly getting rid of the four DC Direct put out years ago, but they come up very rarely on eBay outside of the US now (and weren't great)... I'm happy with reasonable representations, they don't have to be 100% comic-accurate. There's been 20+ years of Marvel Legends and other figure lines to use for customs now since the official ones were released.

Jack Hawksmoor is a Coulson body (and I've re-done Wisdom with another body and head) minus the tie with Everett Ross hands to colour-match a head I'm not sure what is from* plus feet from Matt Riddle wrestling figure. Being slightly oversized they fit in well for a guy whose shtick is leaping around cities barefoot.

https://i.imgur.com/ppUfEfF.jpeg

*Google managed to find it from the description of "Marvel Legends shouting male head" as The Hood. It's surprisingly good at identifying figures from descriptions, which is handy for working out what might be useful as custom fodder.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Retro Ghost Rider,

Marvel Legends Retro Scorpion,

Marvel Legends Retro Kraven The Hunter,

Bought from Amazon and JB Hi-Fi.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Gamerverse Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Marvel Legends Marvel VS Capcom War Machine

Both bought from JB Hi-Fi.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

MI-13 is getting there. Pivoting to Wildstorm for a bit now.

https://i.imgur.com/TEioX37.jpeg

edit: Still needing paint, some part swaps, a replacement Midnighter, etc. Also thinking a few supporting Wildstorm characters chosen more-or-less at random such as Flint and Hellstrike.

https://i.imgur.com/BS7fEmZ.jpg
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Controller BAF wave:

US Agent
Blue Marvel
Speedball
Thor (Herald)
Madame Hydra
Quake
Iron Man Model 70

It took quite a while to find all the figures as not all were available in the one retailer.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Ronan The Accuser (Comics)

Marvel Legends Infinity War Double Shields Captain America (MCU)

Dragon Stars Ultimate Gohan (Super Hero)
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Marvel Legends Obadiah Stane and Iron Monger,

Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Toad,

Bought from EB Games, during sale.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If there's anyone UK based interested in Super7 Turtles figures, ComicsAndCocktails has some limited offers on at the moment: https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.uk/st ... c147740333

Good price for Krang etc. Nice that the pack actually seems to come with two "heads" i.e. Krangs.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes:

76253 Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters
76254 Baby Rocket's Ship
76255 The New Guardians' Ship

Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Cosmo BAF Wave:

Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Nebula
Drax
Kraglin
Mantis
Adam Warlock

Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Deluxe Groot
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:04 am
https://i.imgur.com/ppUfEfF.jpeg

*Google managed to find it from the description of "Marvel Legends shouting male head" as The Hood. It's surprisingly good at identifying figures from descriptions, which is handy for working out what might be useful as custom fodder.
The eyebrows and shouting face make me think of Bill Manspeaker from Green Jell-O ("Little pig, little pig, let me in") back when he had hair.

LEGO DREAMZzz 71453 Izzie and Bunchu the Bunny - I went for a walk to Barnes and Noble and found this theme had come in. This set's an acid trip colored bunny on roller skates. The colors are actually more vibrant in person than on the box. He's G1 Snaptrap colored.

There's 3 bags. Bag 1 contains the head, torso and minifigs. Bag 2 contains the limbs and tail. Bag 3 contains the accessories for the bunny, which can be built as either roller skates and brass knuckles, or wings and an alternate tail based on a bumblebee. I'm sure LEGO intended the hand accessories to be gloves of some kind. But, they're yellow, have a narrow oval shape on the edge, and the fingertips poke out, so I'm going with brass knuckles.

The box and instructions say you can only build one set of accessories at a time, and that's true. But, it only takes another 10 pieces or so to build all the accessories at once. It's really just a matter of the flame effects for the skates doubling as the wings. If you're OK with non-flaming skates, it doesn't take much to equip him with all his gear at once, though he can only wear one tail at a time. I prefer him with just the skates and knuckles. Adding the bee stuff makes him look to busy.