Eminem.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Maybe cos most of us disagree, and you haven't explained your position clearly, even after being repeatedly asked to defend it in an intelligent manner? We're all entitled to opinions, but the point of a discussion forum is to back them up with some valid reasoning. I don't have a strong personal opinion either way on this issue, but I am finding it interesting hearing what some of you folks think. Even if it is edging towards being a little toasty in here :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

We did ask you to explain your opinions, but presumably because you can't you neatly [so you thought] sidestepped the issue to explain your near-criminal use of the English language. Tell us this pop song structure. Like several of us asked.
willy66
Protoform

Re:

Post by willy66 »

godzilla wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:57 am I make these negative sweeping comments about rap because i don’t like it. I have herd lots of rap and hip hop none of it apples to me.

Just to clarify stones were a rock and roll band that were popular, this dose not make their music pop music. Just like wearing a durag from some website does not make someone a rapper
I understand why you don't like rap, and that's fine! Everyone has different music preferences. However, I want to point out that there is a lot of variety within the rap and hip hop genres. There are different sub-genres, like trap, drill, and conscious hip hop, and each of these have different sounds and vibes. So even if you don't like the rap you've heard so far, you might be surprised by some of the other varieties.

Also, I agree with your point about The Rolling Stones being a rock and roll band. Just because they were popular, it doesn't mean their music was considered pop music.