[Original RPG] Divided Loyalties - C3 : Peaceful Intentions (Optimus Prime)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Rodimus!" Metroplex barked, snapping the Autobot leader out of his reverie.
"Yes?"
"I'm detecting two Autobot craft heading for our position. Both shuttles, on a direct course from Iacon."
"Prime's made his move... Go to full battle status. Sound the alert."

Rodimus turned to Grimlock.
"This time, he won't catch us by surprise."

"Alert, alert, enemy approaching. Prepare for immediate transformation."

The automatic alert sounded throughout Metroplex, letting everyone know of the situation throughout. Making sure to give the occupants plenty of time to clear the blast doors, and avoid getting caught when he reconfigured, Metroplex activated the transformation sequence.

Hydrolics hissed as doors slammed shut. The whine of servos echoed throughout the city as the two massive wings closed, and shifted towards centre. The main landing pad folded up, and a battery of guns swung out. Towers folded down, to reveal more armaments and the main city ramp swung up as the main shield generator swung down and became active. Slammer and Sixgun reconfigured into static artillery pieces on Metroplex's exterior, and the two huge antimatter cannons emerged from the long front booms of the formidable battle station.

"Transformation complete."

Rodimus stood on the topmost battlement of the city, surveying what would become the battlefield, and turned to Grimlock.
"Think we should do a straight charge out of the main entrance?" he asked with a smile.

"Omega Supreme will buy you time." the hulking Guardian, now in robot form shouted up from the ground, as he moved into position near the main entrance.

"We're ready," Rodimus said.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Hmm...maybe not the best course of action Rodimus. Me Grimlock suggest that Omega acts as frontline, bring the enemy to us on our terms. Aerialbots act as a good deterrent and hopefully Technobots back to full strength soon. Metroplex not a push-over by any means, a last resort perhaps if Prime's squad proves too strong."

Prowl joined the pair, he'd initiated the alarm and miscellaneous bots began running round.

"Spoken like a true pro Grimlock, not what I'd usually expect." Prowl was his usual calm self, despite the impending battle.

"Rodimus, it would appear that Sky Lynx had a stow-away when we brought him back, BlueStreak's dealing with that problem, though it could prove to be a bargaining point.."
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz watched Metroplex through a window opening up a comm-line

"Quickswitch we've been detected look at Metroplex."

Jazz groaned "We shoulda followed Sunstreakers lead"
~~

"Dammit, Quickswitch can't even plan a blitzkreig right the idiot got detected" Sunstreaker groaned as the transforming city was withing optic viewing.
~~

Blaster moved to the Medical Bay where Wheeljack had Springer laid out and was working away rewelding the frame fixing the damaged parts of the Wrecker leader.

"How much longer?" Blaster asked and Wheeljack shrugged "Not long now"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch answered Jazz on Blast Off's comm:

"Begin deployment! ATTACK!"

The Six Changer moved to the back of Blast Off and turned to Onslaught. Blast Off opened his main hatch.

"May Primus protect us all, Onslaught. For the glory of Optimus Prime!"

Quick Switch dove out of Blast Off and streaked toward the battlements.

All of the Combatrons flew out of Blast Off and stayed in tight formation.

"Omega Supreme sighted!" Onslaught bellowed to the others. "Get out of Blast Off organics! Now!"

Blast Off replied:

"Please hurry madams. We have a Guardian Robot to destroy."

Quick Switch soared, photon blasters in hand, toward the main battlement. Heedless to the danger, the Six Changer focused on finding Rodimus Convoy.

"I challenge you, traitor! In open combat! I, Quick Switch, Commander in the Grand Army of Optimus Prime!"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Mirage listened to Nightbeat and then gave him a few head nods to affirm he understood. He stood up and walked to the cargo doorway, seemingly vanishing as he neared it.

Quick Switch's voice came through loud and clear over the speakers.
"Begin deployment! ATTACK!"

Jetfire dropped even lower and put on his air brakes, slowing to a dangerously low speed, while pumping his engines and tilting his nose upward. The cargo hatch opened and Mirage took a leap outwards as the ground raced by underneath. A flash of white appeared for an instant and then awareness crept in. Cybertronian bushes and shrubs banged and scraped his metallic skin. Only moments had passed. Luckily, the foliage had broken his fall. Metroplex's outer wall was not far off, and he gathered himself and ran straight for it in invisible mode, hoping for an opening to arise.
--------------
"Oh yeah!" Sonar yelled in delight as the trailer door opened. Instantaneously, he transformed and zipped out. Jetstorm blinked a bit as the change in lighting hit his optics. He wasn't quite as gung ho about flying in the growing darkness as Sonar was, but he transformed promptly and did a rollback, falling into a following zigzag pattern above the four Autobots. Runway chuckled as he revved his engine. "Thanks for the lift Optimus. We'll be happy to take those tools to Iacon for you." As he finished, he rolled forward slightly (so as not to burn Payload), and then shot forward. After a rollback, he and Jetstorm each lowered hooks in tandem, and snagged the bag of tools- heading off to Iacon with Sonar leading the way.

Astroscope, Payload and Skyblast transformed and moved carefully up and out of Prime's trailer in robot mode. Getting to the outside, they each found a post to attach and link to.
----
Hound put on all the speed his engine could muster, and tailgated Optimus after the jets had left, knowing that the draft made by Prime would make travel much faster for him. We're coming Quick Switch. You and the others just hang in there.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz looked out at the metallic ground

"Into the fray we gotta fight so come on guys let's go go go" He said sliding out of the back and immediately taking cover wating for the others
~~

Fighting is under way was all Sunstreaker knew as the troops unloaded and he had to get there soon they were down a man and in trouble.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "C'mon, guys. Into the fray."

Nightbeat, Minerva, Siren, Hosehead, Chromedome, Hardhead, and Brainstorm: -dive out of Jetfire, hit ground feet first-

Hardhead: -transforms to tank mode-

Nightbeat: "Brainstorm, you and Minerva hang back Cover our six.. The rest of you, with me!"

Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, Chomedome, and Hardhead: -charge with Brainstorm and Mierva bringing up the rear-
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Alright. Hound, Grotusque, Repugnus... let's ROLL!" Prime nailed his throttle to the max, peeling tire on the tractor part of his alt mode, the halftrax treads clawing up the ground, compensating for the spinning of wheels... and so prime burnt off for metroplex yet again... and soon enough, the battlestation came into view... and prime spotted an all too familiar form atop metroplex's command tower... "Rodimus... this has to end. and quickly. " prime muttered

"Greetings, gentlemen." spoke sparkplug "Haven't seen you guys in QUITE awhile!" he chuckled slightly at his last comment, but made no further attempt at humor as the battle now approached.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

"Departing now. Let's go girls" Frost said as she dived out of Blast Off, transformed to her bird form and swoops down to about a few feet above Cybertron's surface. "Finally-some-action!" Shock shouted as she followed Frost and transformed to her bird form. Gale brought up the rear. The three birds advance towards Metroplex in triangle formation.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Metroplex, open fire," Rodimus ordered, his nerves icy calm as the Autobot horde poured from the two fliers. Instantly, laser and missile fire poured systematically from his upper cannons and launchers towards the enemy.

"You're right Grimlock. We'll weather the storm. For now at least. Order the Aerialbots to prepare for launch, and get an update from Scattershot."

He turned to Prowl.

"Is Sky Lynx operational? We could use him in our defence. But yes, this Autobot prisoner might be a valuable bargaining point."

"Rodimus, so far my hull is holding. No damage to report," Metroplex told his leader.

"Enemy sighted. Attack readiness. Confirmed." Omega Supreme boomed as he raised his plasma cannon and opened fire on Jetfire.

"Mmmm. Us Dinobots get to fight," Sludge said happily to his fellows.

"Whooo! A fight!" Thorr whooped.
"Wait Thorr," Sun Runner turned to his friend.
"Why is Optimus attacking? I thought he was to make peace with Convoy."
"I don't know," Vanguard replied. "There're goings on here that I don't like."
"You got that one right," Apollo replied offhandedly
"So what do we do?" Mercury asked.
"Wait and see, I suppose." Vanguard replied.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Blast Off immediately shut his hatch, and Onslaught gave the command:

"Combatrons, merge and destroy!" In a whir of motion, Bruticus, the Super Warrior, formed. Letting loose a primal roar, he dashed forwards toward Omega Supreme.

"Bruticus crush Guardian Robot!" avoiding Metroplex's fire, the combiner hurtled himself toward his target.

Quick Switch, however, was not so lucky. An errant blast from one of Metroplex's cannons caught the Six Changer full in the chest, and he slammed to the Cybertronic ground in a heap. Luckily the blast appeared to have been a stun burst, otherwise the Autobot would have been blown to bits by the direct hit.

Rising slowly, his chest armor blackened, the Six Changer staggered once again toward the battlements. Toward Rodimus Convoy.

"I...challenge...you..." he bit out slowly.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

"Headmasters! Cover for Mirage and the bird girls they gotta got in there. We gotta get close enough to blow a hole" Jazz yelled rolling out from cover and firing a few photon bursts out at the nearest side of the giant city Metroplex
~~

Sunstreaker was almost there he could see the battle lines now and he was ready for a fight.
~~

Bluestreak looked around the sound of battle was ringing out as he looked at Blaze who he was watching in the brig thankful he wasn't out there and had to fight.

He sighs "I guess that the war between Optimus and Rodimus was inevitable I just wish I didn't have to be in it, oh to be a shop merchant again"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

"Oh slag it! Why does this aways happen!" Hot Rod compalianed as various alarms could be heard. "This Rodimus guy is really getting to me! That is in no way Rodimus... I know what I would do.... and I would never fight against Optimus Prime..." Hot Rod put his hand on Lockpick's shoulder, "They need me out there... JOLT where are you!?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hardhead: "One hole, coming up." -switches main gun from sonic shells to high explosive anti-armor shells, aims and fires 10 rounds at Metroplex's wall-

Nightbeat: -sees Quick Switch staggering towards Metroplex, trying to challenge Convoy- "Bloody fool's going to get himself killed at this rate. Chromedome!"

Chromedome: -ducks an errant rocket from the direction of Metroplex- "Yes, Commander?"

Nightbeat: "Go help Quick Switch. He's gonna need it."

Chromedome: -chargers over towards Quick Switch, firing at Metroplex's defenders(heavy stun)-

Siren, Hosehead, Brainstorm, and Minerva: -providing cover fire that Jazz asked for-

Nightbeat: "Metroplex must have a fire control center......" -sighs, aims and fires a stun blast at one of Metroplex's defenders- "Brainstorm's gonna hate me for what I'm thinking....."
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

***Inside Metroplex, brig***

Blaze turned to face Bluestreak through the bars. "The worst thing is that it will probably cost several lives before this is over. If only there was a way for Prime and Convoy to settle this by themselves..." she states as she starts pondering on HOW that could be achieved. After a few moments she came up with an idea. "When I arrived on this world a while ago, I witnessed a fight in a colisseum. Are there any leadership duels or anything like that? That would solve it, Prime Vs Convoy with the winner getting the leadership of all the Autobots, no help from allies, just them fighting it out. It might not appeal to everyone, but it would reduce the casualties. What do you think" Blaze asked Bluestreak.

***Outside Metroplex***

Frost, Gale and Shock were having a hard time dodging the weaponsfire from Metroplex. They had sofar managed to avoid getting hit, but it had been close calls on several occasions already.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Jetfire had gotten quite a lift when the cargo suddenly left him. The sudden weight shift caused his thrusters to overcompensate and shot him forward and up. He was just circling back around to get in close for a wall shot to aid in the mission, when high fire shots flashed around him. The plasma shots were not only powerful, but they were hot too. The heated air as the fire passed around him made flying instantly precarious... and then suddenly, there was a fierce, scalding sensation under his right shoulder, upwards over his right wing and along the leading edge --- streaming toward the back. Pain was searing through his registers and he yelled quite loudly as black smoke and blue and red flame flickered up on the injured area. Inside, the minicons had seen the shots and had gone quickly to the open cargo door. The Street Action team jumped out feet first. Comettor was just about to follow when he saw the plasma shot hit and creep over the wing in the air stream. He grabbed for a small kit.
Within mere seconds, Jetfire had transformed, dropped to the ground and dropped to his knees, clutching at the dirt. It felt much like a chemical burn to him, which was something he was familiar with. Jetfire tried to restrain the urge to grab for the pain. Just then Comettor sprayed a goopy white foam from his shoulder around to the wing and across. The black smoke turned gray, and then vanished. Even so, Jetfire stayed on his knees for a a very long moment, trying to let the cooling sensation take over the hurt.

Meanwhile, the Street Action team were not far behind. They jogged over to Jetfire and then looked to see who had been firing at them. When they saw the two immense figures of Bruticus and Omega starting for each other, they ran to Jetfire to persuade him to get up.
--------
Mirage ooc: Waiting to see if hole happened in Metroplex's wall. :)
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz looked to his left to his right then at the wall of Metroplex.

"You only function once" He mutters

He jumps out from behind the rubble he had taken to for hiding and jumps up transforming and landing on his wheels gunning it forward swerving through all the shots being fired at him.
One flys right through his windshield and out the back but this doesn't stop him. He keeps going and serves as he almost hits the side transforming his back hitting the Wall of Metroplex.

"Ow" he says the damage too his back causing sparks.

"Well Wheeljack and Firstaid get some more work" he jokes opening his two side components and pulling the bombs out placing one on the wall behind him and another a few feet down then Transforms again and rolls out.

20 second fuse should be enough time to escape he thought.
~~

Sunstreaker transformed running up towards the battle lines where the Headmasters had drawn battle lines.
"FOR OPTIMUS!"
~~

Wheeljack pulled back and nodded "You're all fixed up now Springer"

Blaster nods "Alright! Lets get to fighting I'm getting bored with this empty joint"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Siren, Hosehead, Minerva, and Brainstorm: -keeping up covering fire(heavy stun)-

Hardhead: -swings his port side pindle mount shatterblaster out, starts firing low at Metroplex's defenders, fires another 10 high explosive anti-armor rounds at Metroplex's wall-

Nightbeat: -starts scanning the sky- "C'mon, Thunderwing..... don't disappoint me....."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Thread continued in Chapter 4 - Clash of the Titans.