[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Bringing Down the House (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Quake decided to run full tilt at Kup.

"If I am that out of your league, why do you look the worse for the wear?" He yelled and opened fire once more.

Cryotek decided his best bet would be to strafe anyone he could find as he opened fire with his cold blasts.
Brave Maximus

Incoming Transmission

Post by Brave Maximus »

Fortress Maximus Command Centre

"Autobot Command, This is Galen of the Nebulos High Council:
We have currently discovered an ancient Cybertronian Temple on Nebulos. We request a conference to discuss how to proceed."

After a few moments:

"Autobot Command, Please come in:
This is Galen of the Nebulos High Council requesting communication"
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Battle Field

"Prowl, I guess, as I haven't seen Prime yet" Cliffjumper replied, shoving his gun back in sub-space as he began heading towards Prowl, Inferno and Firestar "I was on my way to do just that, when I saw you and made a detour"
Brave Maximus

Battle Field

Post by Brave Maximus »

"I apreciate it." Said Speeder. "Now lets find this 'Prowl' and see what we can do to get rid of Zarak....."

In the skies above the Battlefield

Swoop swung around and spotted Tracer firing on Snarl. He loaded one of his remaining four missiles and locked on to the Decepticon Hellicopter. He fired and then screached, diving down at the Con.

"Remember Me?"
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Battle-field

"He's right over here" Cliffjumper replied, continuing to move towards to a black and white figure, as the minibot's hand shifted and changed into his gas-gun.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Useing her telescopic vision mode, Nightracer survade the battle field...taking note of the whos, what side they were on, and what they were doing ( it required some moving around on her part). So many targets...so little time, Nightracer thought as she aimed her sniping rifle at Prowl and fired.
------------------------

Carnivac sighed as he dodged out of Lynx's way, barely missing colliding with the Autobot. Carnivac may be a slagging grinning Decepticon lunatic (and proud of it), but he was a smart slagging grinning Decepticon lunatic.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf dodged the kick and landed on Lynx's back claws dug in , opening his mouth fangs gleaming in the sun he lunged his head forward.

Wideload acknowledged the communication from , he was dissapointed by Kup's attitufde but he could see his point , he wouldn't hesitate to use them on a decepticon if he met one , especially the cursed Ratbat but he had the feeling he would be skulking behind the lines somewhere pulling strings. At least he felt useful , entrusted with an important mission and transforming he shot over to Red Alert 's location
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Acknowledged Hatemonger," Windrazor replied over his comms system.
"Decepticon jets, target Autobots at your discretion."

With that, he banked around sharply, and flew back into the fray. It was then that he picked up Inferno's group firing on Scorponok. Green lock on icons flickered across his targetting sensors, and flashed red once a lock had been achieved.

With a sneering laugh, Windrazor launched a pair of incendiary missiles at the group with Inferno.

Meanwhile, Defensor had forced Menasor onto the defensive, but the Stunticon combiner had responded forcefully. However, Defensor had an ace up his sleeve that he'd not yet played.

As Menasor's sword flashed downwards, a shimmering blue aura of light flickered into existence around the Protectobot gestalt as Defensor activated his forcefield. The sword clanged off the force wall with a bell-like sound. The forcefield powered back down, as it was costly in terms of energy drain to maintain for any length of time. Defensor managed to regain his feet, and charge towards his opponent, before trying to grapple the sword away
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

B]Dogfight[/B] completed his self diagnostic he was up to 91.877% efficency and his weapons were at 97 % the power link having been fixed , fretting at the slow progress of the repairs.
He decided this was the best he would get without a visit to Medbay . He transformed to Fighter mode and took to the skies searching for a worthy opponent , a dancing partner in his dance of doom .

Sandstorm muttered to himself about over cautious old femme bots , and decided to head for the armoury himself , see what he could scavenge , he needed to show those Cons that Autobots could fly

The reckless Wrecker walked through the armoury door

"best not disturb Crosshairs again he thought he's probably in the middle of something sentry duty or some such

rooting through the armoury he selected a few things

a couple of Swoop type missile launchers
and a couple of mini gatling guns if he didn't transform his arms fully he could hold them underneath his nacelles in Copter mode , so need for welding there he could grab a battery pack from the tech bay , The power would only last about an hour but it should be enough .
As for the missile launchers he could mount them on his arms seeker style , and on the outside of his nacelles in copter mode .

Ammo might be a problem but he should be able to put a few in his cargo space say 8 per launcher not many he knew compared to the Cons but it would give them a bit of a suprise . He'd need to get the "Nutty Professor " to help him with th mountings for these but he was a dab hand with the metal and alloy working so that shouldnt be a problem .

Whistling to himself he headed off to the tech bay for his rendezvous

He strode through the doors looking for Quickmix
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Monstructor felt the energy from Dai Atlas entering his system and boosting his performance.

The shield however was causing a problem, a problem that the combiners corrosive touch would fix.

Making a grab at Dai Atlas's Shield Monstructor laughed " Lay down and die like the insect you are Autobot "

Triggerhappy, once again airbourne curved in and opened fire on Swoop

Lynx felt Wierdwolf's claws dig into his back, so he flipped onto it, hoping to crush the Decepticon.

Seeing Sky Lynx's bird half downed in a ditch, Ratchet rushed over and started making feild repairs
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf retracted his claws and leaped off as Lynx started to roll over, he landed heavily . He hoped Carnivac would take the opportunity to go for the exposed throat and belly.

Picking himself up he looked for a new opening to attack .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wideload screeched to a halt next to the battered form of Wheels looking down at the prone form he wondered where the name came from he could see only Tracks not Wheels.

Quickmix greeted Sandstorm handing over 4 large flask's

He said: " all you need to do is spray this mixture and disperse it through the air with your rotors. Its a batch of a powerful hallucingenic coded to Decepticon sparks . I was going to use it to flood the corridors as part of a last ditch defense but there wasnt time to install the equipment before theu attacked. Its still experimental so I cant say for sure how effctive i'tll be
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl honed in and waited for the exact moment his calculations told him the timing was right and let off his incindiary missiles directly at Scorponok's left-sided weaponry in a follow-up to Inferno and Firestar's effects.

The wait cost him.

A shot from behind and the side hit the lower part of the left side of his head, taking out half his jaw and sending the debris up into the left side of his head, shattering his left optic in the process. The initial jolt stung, but as his systems immediately sent up system shock pain suppression he didn't feel the remainder.

With a mangled face, the officer turned to calibrate the location of the one who shot him. Instead, he spotted an incoming distinctive blaze trail.

Mastery of calculations had long been his expertise. No time to warn the others. He knew the skin alloys on Inferno and Firestar wouldn't be bothered much by the explosion, but his own body didn't have the heat resistance they did.

Prowl aimed and fired for the missile with the expectation of exploding the weapon in the air to lessen the effects.
----------------
----------------
Medics will be busy. Got to free up Grapple now and remember to thank him later.
Once inside Fort Max's medbay, Hound slowly eased backwards onto a table. His scanners were still active, but approaching failure point as well, but something in energy signatures was happening above that registered. The scout knew he couldn't speak, so he tried to get the message through in a flash of a hologram for engineer.
He used the last of his energy to project an overlapping image of Ramjet and the control room, and let his body level into a static shut down.
----------------
----------------

Rushing from the room, Spike caught the incoming communication. He didn't have time to dwell on the meaning of it though. With a Decepticon in the control room, he needed to find help, pronto. He ran down the hall to an alarm panel and hit the button, sending whirring and blaring alarms off throughout the city.
----------------
----------------
Still protecting the entrance, Trailbreaker heard the alarms and looked backward and upward with a horrified expression.
"Crosshairs! We got 'Con trouble inside!"
---------------
---------------
Smokescreen glanced around rapidly with a steady expression and nodded to Red Alert as he drew up his weapons.
"Let's get to it. Where're the shots coming from Red?"
---------------
---------------

At the warehouse, the humans had finished loading two of what would become 5 semi-trailers of crates.

Finally feeling braver, Nikko had snuck back with a curious expression and was nearing Tracks, muttering in his own language. He studied the corvette carefully and then grinned. "I think I borrow car- get to airport, no mores metal demon."

ooc: just so you guys all know, I've got class tonight. Won't be back till about midnight. If urgent stuff comes up, the other staffers can move my crew.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor snarled as the missile exploded in midair. As the flash of the explosion cleared, he saw that half of Prowl's face was missing. He knew he hadn't done the damage, but in that case, who had?

Starblade. he realised a second later. The assassin was doing her job well. Rather than radio her and risk giving away her position, he instead pulled back into a slowish roll, hoping that Inferno and Firestar would concentrate their fire on him, and thereby giving StarBlade time for another shot at the three Autobots.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

(OOC: Just one Minerva.)

Minerva: -wincing, looks over at the destroyed pauldron, glad that she differs from Nightbeat in that respect, looks over at Sureshot- "I'm okay." -sighs- "Gonna have a hard time replacing that door, though."

Nightbeat: -hisses as the particle blast burns across his right side, aims at Treadshot's gun hand(the one holding the particle cannon)- "What's the matter, Bubble Head? Don't like witty repartee?" -fires-

Fortress: -stumbles back, lands next to the comm panel, hits button- "Galen, this is Fortress. Little busy right now." -gets to feet- "Could you call back?" -leaps at Ramjet-

Ironhide: -aims blaster pistol at Quake, fires- "Aw, shuddup an' go play a video game'r sumthin'."

Grimlock: -lurches as the fusion blast slams into his shoulder, fires rocket launcher at Hatemonger- "Me about to make you much uglier!"
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Sureshot nods at Minerva " Glad to hear it "
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer : the shelias gonna be ok

Landfill examines the damage he wasn't gonna be getting far in vehicle mode he realised the wheel well on his leg was slagged and the tyre shredded. He limped over to Minerva and Sureshot to check they were ok

Wideload forgot all about the Damaged Con as shots rang out around the group of autobots .

He asked " can I do anything to help "

Quickmix helped fix the extra weaponry on to Sandstorm a nozzle on his hand extruding alloy creating a mounting for the rocket launchers and helping with soldering the batteries and ammmo storage and feed racks into place ..

He said : Good luck old boy hope my work stands the strain of battle , Im a Chemist not a Weapons Tech you know , but i do know my metallurgy the guns more likely tofall apart than the mounting give way
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Echoshift sent back an affirmative and followed Tracer downwards. Admittedly he would probably have preferred the aerial fight that Swoop would've offered, but Autobots were Autobots and there weren't too many of them that were flight-capable.

The Eurofighter watched as the Dinobot jumped up and slashed at the helicopter ahead of him. He then took the opportunity to target Snarl, locking on and firing a pair of missiles at the Autobot below.
Scrounge75
Protoform

Post by Scrounge75 »

Dogfight spots Windrazor strafing his friends on the ground . Diving down out of the sun into Windrazors blindspot he opened fire with both weapons from inches away from the aerial Con while he was concentrated on attacking ground targets

Sandstorm thanked Quickmix and slipped out eager to test his new weapons fit . He had his doubts about Quickmix 's plan but it even if it failed he would have a chance to duke it out with some cons and if it did theyd have some disoriented Cons which might give them some time

Any one in the air getting up close and personal would see him as a turbo fox or a pink elephant or galvatron or something , it would be quite powerful close too he guessed if it worked at all

He slipped onto the helipad and transforming into Helicopter mode he took off , all the Cons seemed to be busy attacking ground targets confident of their air superority

Gaining altitude so as to avoid Flak and to guarantee wider dispersal he zigged zagged over battle field waiting for any effects from the hallucigen to take hold, he guessed gas would effect different cons different ways if at all , and would last varying amount of time from seconds to minutes.

He waited for An Aerial Con to spot him and hoped it wouldnt take too long he would rather rely on his new weaponry and skill than some chemical mumbo jumbo
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

OOC: Windrazor doesn't have a blind spot.

The Decepticon Air Commander accelerated into a controlled spin, having sensed Dogfight's approach several seconds previously, and deciding to lure the rash Autobot into close range. The flames from the Autobot's flamethrowers were simply blown off Windrazor's twisting, speeding form as he shot clear, before pulling out of the spin and rising up into the air.

In a flash, Windrazor had transformed to robot mode, and twisted his body on a dime, levelling off just above his former position, and fired a missile from his launcher straight at his attacker.

"Foolish Autobot," he smirked as the missile streaked towards its target.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Warehouse District, Portland:

Tracks: -still watching the warehouse, not really noticing Nikko-

Minerva: -frowns- "My name's not Shelia. It's Minerva."