What do people want to see? Chat, etc.

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I'm waiting for lots of "rare" mass release figures the coming week, including BW Neo Magmatron, SL Laserwave, Shockfleet and Megazarak. If nobody wants to claim some of them, I'd be more than happy to write fully detailed reviews for them all.

Coming this fall, I'm covering some japanese figures (car robots and variations). Anybody willing to help out in order to complete some japanese lines?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

So how long do I have to wait until my review is in a publishable condition? Do I have to proofread it myself or...?
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
I'm waiting for lots of "rare" mass release figures the coming week, including BW Neo Magmatron, SL Laserwave, Shockfleet and Megazarak. If nobody wants to claim some of them, I'd be more than happy to write fully detailed reviews for them all.

Well, I already did a review of Neo Magmatron, it's just put in with the Beast Machines. But you can still do another, it'll probably be better than mine.
dude851884
Protoform

Post by dude851884 »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
So how long do I have to wait until my review is in a publishable condition? Do I have to proofread it myself or...?

I've been wondering the same thing.
"I suspect there is more here then meets the ear." :)
Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther strikes again.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Originally posted by ravimus prime
Well, I already did a review of Neo Magmatron, it's just put in with the Beast Machines. But you can still do another, it'll probably be better than mine.

Really? I apologise, I thought it was for the BM version. If you have no prob, I'd like to do one as well. If the mods are ok with it, of course.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Is it a silly suggestion (probably, ;) ), but would it not be helpful to have the date a review was added to the site in wee letters at the bottom of the page? Just would put into historical context, and make the pricing scores and details mean more...

Sure it's either already somewhere I'm overlooking, has been suggested before, or is prohibitive. After all, it must be a mammoth task getting all these reviews up (Clay)! And great job always done!

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by numbat
Is it a silly suggestion (probably, ;) ), but would it not be helpful to have the date a review was added to the site in wee letters at the bottom of the page? Just would put into historical context, and make the pricing scores and details mean more...

The dates of upload is logged manually - that's how the review index knows what's recent. The older reviews on the site don't have dates (they read as 00-00-0000), but everything from the past two years or so has a date tagged to it.

The dates display in the 'recent reviews' menu if you hold your cursor over a review. They used to do the same for every review on the page, but don't seem to anymore. Denyer?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Clay
They used to do the same for every review on the page
It makes the page filesize a lot bigger. If we separate out reviews into sections so that everything isn't listed on a single main index page, contextual info will come back. :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Erm, I could do a review of the G2 Go-Bots (i.e. Spychangers)... there's not really much to say that can be spun out to a whole individual review (witness the desperation - http://counter-x.net/tf/toys/1995_high_beam.html - 75% of it's naming recolours) and thus wouldn't serve much purpose for me, but I've got both the first two Waves (don't have Prime), can do photos and would be willing to have a go :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

As long as you can manage about a paragraph for the vehicle and a paragraph for the robot, it should be ok. The only problem with lumping them all in one review named 'G2 Gobots' would be keeping track of which one is which for those of us not familiar with them. As such, seperate short reviews would be fantastic if only to keep the pictures straight :)
PhantomWraith
Protoform

Post by PhantomWraith »

I have Cybertron defense Red Alert and Evac, so I can supplie pictures for those if you still need them.
Blackjack

Rampage?

Post by Blackjack »

What happened to the RoTF Rampage review someone (Kamen?) made some time ago?

I was looking for it, but it's not in the toys section and it's not here.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Huh? :wtf:

I could've sworn... Nevermind, sorry and thanks.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blackjack wrote:Huh? :wtf:

I could've sworn... Nevermind, sorry and thanks.
Rampage is actually an expert in stealth. You wouldn't think that because he's a big bulldozer, but he is.