Movie Megatron Voyager Class toy UPDATE: In packaging

Discussion and info about upcoming products.
User avatar
Nevermore
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:30 pm
Location: Autobase Germany
Contact:

First look at movie Megatron toy

Post by Nevermore » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.

User avatar
numbat
Posts: 2506
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:07 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Post by numbat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Nice idea - but I think I prefer the Leader Class version we've already seen. I won't be coming away with two large Megs, that's for sure (but the Legends will be mine...)!

:rolleyes:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).


Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.

User avatar
RID Scourge
Posts: 13262
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:00 am
Location: In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Post by RID Scourge » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Yay! He has icicle power!

After seeing the animation model, I can thoroughly say I'm not excited about him, especially his, quite honestly, lacklustre "We can't be arsed to figure out how to make him transform, so we're giving him a half-arsed alt mode, and coming up with a crap backstory about a conveniently top-secret government prototype doohickey that just so happens to look nothing like anything found on this earth" mode.

All I gotta say is that I really hope the story is good, but what I've been hearing, regarding the treatment of another property, has cast serious doubt, for me. Apparently, they're looking to make GI Joe into a buddy movie, staring Duke and Action Man (No, I'm really not just saying that to be funny . . . ).

User avatar
another tf fan
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:08 am
Location: USA

Post by another tf fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:06 am

After reading movie prequel one and seeing megs as a alien jet, it all makes sense. instead of having one of those comet shaped space modes he's a jet shaped space craft. when he lands on earth there was no planes to copy an alt mode for so he stays in his alien jet form.

It will all make sense to you when the movie comes out.

if you still don't like the design well i can't help you.
Come on and wind me up.

User avatar
RID Scourge
Posts: 13262
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:00 am
Location: In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Post by RID Scourge » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:05 am

Everything I've heard indicates that he chose his mode from a top-secret plane that was being developed by the government. However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."

User avatar
another tf fan
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:08 am
Location: USA

Post by another tf fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:33 am

I don't want to spoil it for you, but you are not making a correct assumption. thats all I will say for now.
Come on and wind me up.

User avatar
Sociopathic Autobot
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:08 am
Location: I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Post by Sociopathic Autobot » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:01 am

Originally posted by RID Scourge
However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."


How so?

If you're Megatron and you view humans as inferior would you want their vehicles as an alt-mode? Or if you're the leader of an invading alien force that uses a race's own technology against them, what technology do you take? Another plane or a top-secret killing machine?

It's called "The writing team came up with an idea on how they wanted Megatron to be and that included not being like every other character in the movie."
Image
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

User avatar
Megatimus
Protoform
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Megatimus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:43 am

I'm going to go with more reliable sources like a Tom DeSanto interview and IGN game preview. Even if Megatron doesn't assume an Earth mode in the film, I guess it could pop up as a toy. As for why we've not seen it, I guess Megatron's head design is the same in Earth mode and that the Stealth bomber is entirely CG in the film.

User avatar
Nevermore
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:30 pm
Location: Autobase Germany
Contact:

Post by Nevermore » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:28 am

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.

User avatar
Tetsuro
Protoform
Posts: 2517
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele

Post by Tetsuro » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51 pm

The vehicle mode looks like he merely fell over.

User avatar
Ravage
Protoform
Posts: 5306
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2000 4:00 am
Location: In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

Post by Ravage » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:38 pm

You know I almost want to thank Hasbro. I can start going after G1's again due to them producing crap like this. Not to say there wasn't crap in G1 but still.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User avatar
Neuronutter
Protoform
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:24 am
Location: Halifax, NS

Post by Neuronutter » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Originally posted by Ravage
You know I almost want to thank Hasbro. I can start going after G1's again due to them producing crap like this. Not to say there wasn't crap in G1 but still.


Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking about stopping collecting after the Classics and this sort of thing may convince me. Haven't seen many that I want from the movie line except Blackout, but that's about it.

User avatar
mongoosehuman
Protoform
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by mongoosehuman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Everything I've heard indicates that he chose his mode from a top-secret plane that was being developed by the government. However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."


I don't know any spoilers, but upon hearing that rumor about the top-secret military plane, and having seen the leaked pictures of alien-plane Megs, I assumed that he switched modes at some point in the film. It seems like Bumblebee also switches modes at some point, going from 1970's Camaro to current-model Camaro.

User avatar
TSFC
Protoform
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:33 am

Post by TSFC » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 pm

The ice kills it for me, but I like the look. I'm still impressed.

User avatar
Megatimus
Protoform
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Megatimus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:37 pm

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=121603

Scroll down. Much better Leader class toy coming.

User avatar
RID Scourge
Posts: 13262
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:00 am
Location: In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Post by RID Scourge » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:16 am

Originally posted by another tf fan
I don't want to spoil it for you, but you are not making a correct assumption. thats all I will say for now.


I'd rather you did actually spoil it for me. It might actually make me look forward to the movie, if I know there's something more behind the alt mode/gives an interesting twist in the story.
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
How so?

If you're Megatron and you view humans as inferior would you want their vehicles as an alt-mode? Or if you're the leader of an invading alien force that uses a race's own technology against them, what technology do you take? Another plane or a top-secret killing machine?

It's called "The writing team came up with an idea on how they wanted Megatron to be and that included not being like every other character in the movie."


I guess it makes sense, but "It's a top secret prototype" just seems like the easy way out, to me.

If he were to do it because he saw the earth vehicles as inferior, that would make a bit more sense, but if he's looking to be an effective leader, who doesn't believe that earth vehicles are worthy, then why would he allow his men to take them? Certainly, they'd be a more effective fighing force, if they all had cybertronian modes.

If it's a top secret prototype, then the government certainly would have other designs. Why wouldn't he allow his men to choose those, as well. Certainly, the autobots would be more concerned with subtly than the decepticons.

User avatar
Dreadwing
Protoform
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:57 am
Location: Phoenix, Az, USA
Contact:

Post by Dreadwing » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 am

Originally posted by Nevermore
Alt mode:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126048


That thing looks like swoop took a big **** and Megs decided to scan it.

User avatar
Sociopathic Autobot
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:08 am
Location: I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Post by Sociopathic Autobot » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 am

Originally posted by RID Scourge
I guess it makes sense, but "It's a top secret prototype" just seems like the easy way out, to me.

If he were to do it because he saw the earth vehicles as inferior, that would make a bit more sense, but if he's looking to be an effective leader, who doesn't believe that earth vehicles are worthy, then why would he allow his men to take them? Certainly, they'd be a more effective fighing force, if they all had cybertronian modes.


Really hard to hide from the Autobots if you stick out like a sore thumb.
Originally posted by RID Scourge
If it's a top secret prototype, then the government certainly would have other designs. Why wouldn't he allow his men to choose those, as well. Certainly, the autobots would be more concerned with subtly than the decepticons.



Unless they're trying to hide from the Autobots. I get the feeling Megatron doesn't appear until the cat is out of the bag anyways.

User avatar
zigzagger
Posts: 3422
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:40 am

Post by zigzagger » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:50 am

Originally posted by Nevermore
Alt mode:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126048

scratches head

Hmmm. Clear plastic. Curious design. Seems reminiscent to the Beast Machines toyline.

User avatar
Jaynz
Posts: 3643
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:18 pm
Contact:

Post by Jaynz » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Micheal Bay: "You know, those inner robots for the Pretenders lines were GREAT ideas!"

Post Reply