Why can't I do attachments?

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Sunstreaker2

Why can't I do attachments?

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I've noticed recently that I apparently cannot post attachments. Is there a reason behind this?
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Due to the fact no one has responded yet, I'll try to help.

Judging from experience, Attachments can only be posted in certain forums, or (depending on forum again) your own threads.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Ah. Well, that makes some sense...I was just asking because I can post attachments no problem on the other forums I'm on.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Largely because we archive discussion going back for getting on ten years, plan to carry that database going forward, and don't want people uploading stuff that wants tidying/stripping out later -- it's not particularly practical to automate separating out people posting on-topic/useful content (to be kept attached to threads for context) from people who're just posting LOLcats and similarly edifying material. Therefore they're currently on for the forums that users contribute content to (creative stuff, reviews, etc.) and I'll look at anything else later. The main objection (binary data being stored in db tables) has actually been removed as an issue by now.

For throwaway stuff, though, there are dozens of good image hosts and direct-download file hosts. Don't really see a huge amount of point.