POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Re: POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Post by Skyquake87 »

I didn't think I'd have much to report this month, but I'd forgotten about some pre-orders and then found lots of exciting stuff on clearance in TKMaxx and GAME, as well as something I got off eBay... so I've ended up with a fair bit :O

From off of the folks at IDToys:

Shattered Glass Wheeljack and Exo-Suit
It's Slicer! I couldn't give two figs about Shattered Glass as a concept, but I did like the look of this. The colours are just fantastic, capturing that '90s neon look perfectly. Slicer (not Wheeljack) looks brilliant. I love the blue, gold and grey with flashes of red. He looks so cool. Wheels have been painted up n'all so looks a treat in vehicle mode. Exo-Suit is a frightening red and pink repaint of Fasttrack. Not the greatest weaponizer, but he's fun enough to break apart and slap all over Slicer.

Collaborative Tonkanator
I love the Constructicons so this was a "yes please!" for me. Given that these are waaaay more delicate than Tonka toys, I do think the RiD Build Team would have been better bet (and they previously got an all-yellow release) to match that Tonka chunk, but I appreciate the creative use of old moulds to make something new. The individual 'bots all look ace in black and yellow, although both they and the gestalt look a bit evil with their red eyes. Love it.

From Forbidden Planet:

Beast Wars Deluxe Tigatron Reissue
Nice reissue done in Takara's crisp white, rather than Hasbro's original mucky white, so the toy really pops. The design shows it's age, but it's great fun with a really nice transformation and good looking robot mode. The bulky beast mode fits Tigatron much better than mould-mate Cheetor too.

From TKMaxx:

Allsorts of mad Transformers bargains hitting jumble sale retailer TKMaxx at the moment!

Beast Wars Optimus Primal & Megatron Ultra Class Reissues
1996 figures at 1996 prices! £19.99 each, which is what I paid for these first time around. Wasn't really interested in revisiting these again, having sold my originals some years ago. But dammit I love Beast Wars and couldn't pass these up at these reduced prices. What brilliant fun toys these are. Chunky, clicky and great to handle with fun shooty gimmick nonsense. Great hallmarks of what made the Beast Wars line so great. I like the new paint apps which both differentiate them from the originals and make them a little more show accurate (love the rich, glossy blue used on Primal's bonce). Great stuff! Except for the cross-sell on the back, which correctly identifies Primal and Megatron as Ultra Class, but mis-labels Cheetor and Rattrap as Mega Class, when any fule knos these are Deluxe and Basic class respectively!

From The Entertainer:

Speaking of Beast Wars reissues heavily reduced..!

Beast Wars Mega Class Scorponok Reissue
Wees all over the recent Kingdom figure from a great height. Gimmicks are all present and correct - with no neutered springs (looking at you, Reissue Cybershark!). The new show-accurate deco is really really nice and the robot mode is great, if just the equivalent of a fella wearing enormous inflatable boxing gloves.

From GAME:

Beast Wars Deluxe Cheetor Reissue
Another figure knocked down to 1996 prices at £9.99, so I couldn't say no. Has a much deeper shade of blue compared to the original and goes with green eyes for the beast mode and orange eyes for the robot mode. Not much more to add that I didn't say about Tigatron. Great figure, just looks a little clunky by today's standards. Still a great advert for the quantum leap in design and engineering Beast Wars gave us (yes, yes, this isn't that spectacular as Generation 2 had early examples of this kind of stuff).

From the perilous backwaters of eBay:

Binaltech Asterisk Broadblast w/ Lumina
What a chunky fellow Broadblast is. The silver is really nice and well matched between the paint and plastic and Lumina's cute. Still don't get the weird slanty seating positions for these wee figurines, but anyway. I'd owned Alternators Skids about a decade ago, so knew what to expect. I really like this figure. It's great, full of charm and personality. Die-cast doesn't threaten to topple the robot mode, unlike Swindle or Hound. Didn't know this lad came with some silly flame effect stickers to tart up the vehicle mode. They look awful so I won't be doing that. Now I have him and Sunstreaker, I do feel a bit silly for selling Alert as i would have had the full set now, but it always bugged me that his waist didn't clip in properly. Just as well I'm not a completionist or that would drive me spare...!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'm jealous of the clearanced Beast Wars reissues. The last few waves haven't been stocked at my local stores at all, after they had to clear out the 30+ Primals, Rattraps and Cheetors every Walmart had on the shelves. I think Tigatron was the last one I saw? So full price from the website is the only option.

Reissue Scorponok really does make the Kingdom mold look boring.

Legacy Bomb-Burst

Better than Iguanus (who wasn't bad himself) on basically all counts. The "reverse Beast Wars" thing (organic monster to mechanical vehicle) comes across a lot more clearly here since the monster and vehicle have contrasting colour schemes. The transformation is still perfunctory but he pulls off a much more convincing vehicle mode than Iggy did, with basically the same transformation scheme as the 80s inner robot. And where Iguanus came with a weird build-a-weapon piece instead of a distinctive accessory of his own, Bomb-Burst has three. The articulation is really good for such a small toy and the sculpt has a lot of personality. All in all, a really nice tiny Transformer.

Given the simplicity of the originals, if Hasbro doesn't want to revisit the inner robot/shell combo I think this size class is perfect for Pretender homages and I hope we see some more. I was a bit disappointed that Skullgrin was a Deluxe because I'd have loved to get one that fits in with Bomb-Burst and Iguanus. I'd be happy to see tiny versions of, like, Finback or Slog or Longtooth or whoever in the 2023 line.

(Bugly, Wildfly or Gunrunner would be the dream.)
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Hallmark Optimus Prime Ornament - Picked up from a mate.
Transmetal II Megatron, Wreck N' Rule Collection, Prime Universe Bulkhead - Bought from Amazon AU during Black Friday Sales.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Warcry wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:32 amI was a bit disappointed that Skullgrin was a Deluxe because I'd have loved to get one that fits in with Bomb-Burst and Iguanus. I'd be happy to see tiny versions of, like, Finback or Slog or Longtooth or whoever in the 2023 line.
Snap. Coupled with Bomb-Burst being weirdly thin on the ground and overpriced (seems to be listed as TRANSFORMERS GEN LEGACY EV CORE ENERGON MONSTER F3010 on Amazon and only available imported from an Amazon EU warehouse, for instance) the fact they've gone to a different scale for Skullgrin is killing the buzz rather. If they'd stayed as core class even the ball joints at that scale would've been more excusable.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Rattrap and Dinobot stared at the boxy, white vehicle. It didn't have much in the way of decoration other than the two cannons on it's sides.

"What's th' guide thing say it is again?"

Dinobot glowered at the tablet. "According to the guide it is an ambulance. Built on the Nissan Onebox Vanette platform."

"Right. I think I seen pictures'a those...." Rattrap trailed off, looking at the roof of the van. Which was fairly easy, since it only came up to his waist. "That's a lotta guns fer a ambulance. And ain't there s'pposed t'be markings on here?"

"Blame Hasbro." The van transformed, shifting from boxy white van to boxy white robot. Who now came up to Rattrap's chest. "So what do you two want? I'm a doctor, not a vet."

The Transformers: The Movie Studio Series '86 Ratchet: Let's hear it for the post-Black Friday Stores Are Full Of Stuff time of year. Although I still haven't seen a Studio Series '86 Ironhide on the shelves yet, I did see the Core Class Ratchet. It's a neat, if very plain, little figure.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:32 amI was a bit disappointed that Skullgrin was a Deluxe because I'd have loved to get one that fits in with Bomb-Burst and Iguanus. I'd be happy to see tiny versions of, like, Finback or Slog or Longtooth or whoever in the 2023 line.
It's doubly weird since Skullgrin already had a deluxe figure years ago. That's not a comment on the current availability of the 2010 (or 2012?) figure, but rather just that they doubled up on Skullgrin being larger than the other pretenders.

As for myself, I found the reissue Retrax a few days ago. Also saw Wolfang, but mine's in decent shape still, so I passed.

I think I have... parts of a Retrax somewhere from a BW lot bought a long time ago, so being able to snag a fresh one (he's the last of the organic animal beasts that I didn't have, for obvious reasons) was appealing. I was not prepared for the sticker shock, though. $27 and change! If I weren't at a self-check out and had people waiting on me, I would've just returned it and took my chances on clearance.

Haven't actually opened him yet, though I don't really need to. The plastic bubble's glue didn't make a good seal so it's flopping around. Most of the Wolfang card backs looked damaged, too.

Still... yay completionism, I guess?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:for obvious reasons
He curls up into a mini fluorescent Unicron or madball?

I actually kind of want one now...
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I picked up some simple Cyberverse gimmick figures at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I'm pretty happy with them.

Spin Fin Sky-Byte - He's not quite a 1-step, since the arms have to be manually transformed. But, rotating the torso causes the legs to fold down. It seems like it should cause the head to come up, too. But, at least on mine, I have to pull the head up manually. The gimmick is a freely spinning shark tail/bot claw, which doesn't sound too impressive until you realize there's a counter-rotating ring of fins geared to spin in the opposite direction. It's a pretty decent bit of engineering in a small package.

Bumbleswoop - Swoop was the only Cyberverse Dinobot I didn't own, and this was the only non-Volcanicus backpack figure, so I picked this up. I'm a bit disappointed that Swoop's arms don't tab in securely when she's a standalone figure. There's not a lot of paint, but the little touches fill out her deco more than Energon Armor Sludge, or even Deluxe Grimlock.

Bumblebee is a pretty crap figure on his own. The car has the connection peg sticking out of the front, and the undersides of the feet forming the back. The bot has a faceplate that folds in front of the connection peg instead of a proper head. all he's good for is combined form legs, and he's not great at that, either.

Swoop's upper torso mode has some decent sculpted detail. The wings flare out from the shoulders. The colors are mostly blue and grey, with touches of yellow and black. Bee's legs, on the other hand, are clearly a yellow car split in two. There's some light blue for the windshield, and a bit of dark grey for what I assume is and engine intake, but that's almost it. The only other color is light grey on the claw toes, which help the combined form feel like a cohesive hole. Still, I wish Swoop had a better partner.

Slugtron - So, I bought this intending to partner the two Dinobots. Bee and Megs could combine to make use of the leftovers. However, both parts of Slugtron are slightly larger than both parts of Bumbleswoop, so cross combining looks awkward. Fortunately, I like this set enough on its own.

Slug is better than I thought he'd be. Bot mode proportions and aesthetic are more G1 than the Deluxe Slug toy. Due to transformation, he's the only bot of these 4 whose arms move forward instead of outward. Triceratops is slightly hampered by the square-ish section under the tail, but I can say the same for PotP Grimlock of SS 86 Sludge. Unlike most Slug's, you can fold the bot head into the torso instead of just leaving it inside the dino mouth.

Megatron looks great in tank mode, though sadly doesn't roll. Bot mode is a decent statue of the character, somewhat hampered by the turret backpack being visible around the torso, even when viewed from the front. The gold spiked added to the fusion cannon to make it suit the combined mode look good in standalone mode, too.

Combined mode is where this guy really shines. The flared out chest armor looks cool and justifies the lack of shoulder articulation. The scarred eye, picked out in precisely applied red paint, and broken horn show the battle damage of a hardened warrior better than any amount of Siege smudge. Both characters are primarily grey, secondarily red, so the combined form looks cohesive despite being made of a tank and a beast.

I'm happy enough with these sets to pick up Grimjack if I see it.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:19 amBomb-Burst being weirdly thin on the ground and overpriced (seems to be listed as TRANSFORMERS GEN LEGACY EV CORE ENERGON MONSTER F3010 on Amazon and only available imported from an Amazon EU warehouse, for instance)
And like that, he's in stock normally albeit still not under the correct name.

Agree with Warcry, whilst there's no getting away from it being overpriced for what it is B-B is far better than Iguanus, which I can't find now to compare directly and am probably not going to rummage for unless I happen across a cheap original shell for him to go with. That's still where these things will shine in terms of display and play pattern IMO, an inner robot should be fun in its own right (which a lot of Pretenders weren't) but the matryoshka doll thing with the shells is something I like as a toy even if it's largely a bad idea in fiction. And if the inner robot looks like the shell as well as having an alt-mode, even better. Will pick a shell at some point... I don't think I've got in a storage tub already, do need to check that... and they seem pretty common, but visually comparing to the cues of the original robot for now is also interesting.

He's better than Iggy just by virtue of having a colour palette rather than homaging a barely differentiated purple splodge, plus all of the accs being intended to integrate properly with the figure and the alt mode looking like something rather than the outcome of a failed game of Twister. Three strong and distinct but complementary colours well-used and a transformation so simple but effective it could be the 80s if you took away the ball joints. Swooshable desk toy that has the same superdeformed feel in both modes that the original minibots did.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:10 pm It's doubly weird since Skullgrin already had a deluxe figure years ago. That's not a comment on the current availability of the 2010 (or 2012?) figure, but rather just that they doubled up on Skullgrin being larger than the other pretenders.
Yeah, in isolation there's nothing wrong with a Deluxe Skullgrin. It's just a weird thing to do when two characters from the same set got made as Cores in the same year. Especially considering how much effort they put into scale nowadays. The characters size-shift, so there's no "right" scale, but I wish they'd picked one and stuck with it.

(Though I prefer Core because the simple transformations are a good fit for tiny figures like that.)
Clay wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:10 pm Haven't actually opened him yet, though I don't really need to. The plastic bubble's glue didn't make a good seal so it's flopping around. Most of the Wolfang card backs looked damaged, too.
My Retrax basically fell off of the card, too. Are they already starting to forget that they need to glue the things?
Denyer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 pm
Clay wrote:for obvious reasons
He curls up into a mini fluorescent Unicron or madball?

My experience with the reissue wasn't great...definitely wouldn't recommend spending much money on one.

I'm curious to hear whether Clay's actually works. The curl-up gimmick on mine was completely non-functional, the springs just weren't strong enough to move that much mass. It's too bad that vintage originals all seem to be missing the robot chest part, because the vintage 90s Retrax my little boy snuck into his toybox had a lot more "snap" to it.
Denyer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:24 pm Agree with Warcry, whilst there's no getting away from it being overpriced for what it is B-B is far better than Iguanus, which I can't find now to compare directly and am probably not going to rummage for unless I happen across a cheap original shell for him to go with.
I get what you're going for but the original shells are so much bigger than the Cores that I'm not sure they'd work very well together. I can't say for sure, though...I have the original Bomb-Burst kicking around as well as the tiny POTP one, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out what bin in the basement they got tossed into.

Also, with all the cool art the Decepticon Pretenders have gotten over the years, it's easy to forget how dorky and chubby the original toys look.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Original Retraxes listed as complete seem fairly cheap over here.

The Legacy B-B robot mode is about half the height of the original, and the same size alt mode. The shoulders are too wide to fit into a Submarauder shell. The thing is, being used to the smaller 1989 inner robots and the micro sized Pretender Monsters, the robots being small alongside the shells isn't jarring. The original 1988 ones are pretty mixed anyway... Skullgrin's terrible and his wave 1 companions are a bit gangling too, and I assume Iguanus was designed at the same time, whereas Finback, Bugly, and Roadgrabber etc have decent proportions and are shorter.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Legacy Armada Universe Starscream, Vintage Beast Wars Retrax - Bought from Big W while on discount.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 pm He curls up into a mini fluorescent Unicron or madball?

Ha! No, I meant availability. He's one of the molds that's basically "free with any BW lot purchase" so it just wasn't a priority.
Warcry wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:13 pm My Retrax basically fell off of the card, too. Are they already starting to forget that they need to glue the things?
Glue on the bottom, at least? The sides and top of the bubble didn't really take any of the card graphic with them. Doesn't seem like a "damaged in transit" case.
I'm curious to hear whether Clay's actually works. The curl-up gimmick on mine was completely non-functional, the springs just weren't strong enough to move that much mass. It's too bad that vintage originals all seem to be missing the robot chest part, because the vintage 90s Retrax my little boy snuck into his toybox had a lot more "snap" to it.
It... works, mechanically. But I think the springs used are much weaker.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:02 am Original Retraxes listed as complete seem fairly cheap over here.
YMMV but every "complete" Retrax I looked at before the reissue came out (and a couple Powerhugs too) were missing the same piece that mine is. It's so common that I get the impression most sellers don't even realize that there's a missing part. I wasn't looking very hard though, it's possible I just saw the same three figures listed over and over again for a year.
Denyer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:02 amThe Legacy B-B robot mode is about half the height of the original, and the same size alt mode. The shoulders are too wide to fit into a Submarauder shell. The thing is, being used to the smaller 1989 inner robots and the micro sized Pretender Monsters, the robots being small alongside the shells isn't jarring. The original 1988 ones are pretty mixed anyway... Skullgrin's terrible and his wave 1 companions are a bit gangling too, and I assume Iguanus was designed at the same time, whereas Finback, Bugly, and Roadgrabber etc have decent proportions and are shorter.
Now that you mention it, I hadn't even thought of the width of the things, just how tall the first-wave Pretender robots were. But yeah, they were mostly leg and the legs squeezed into the shell's legs. What you're saying makes total sense.
Clay wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:20 am Glue on the bottom, at least? The sides and top of the bubble didn't really take any of the card graphic with them. Doesn't seem like a "damaged in transit" case.
I think the bottom of mine might have actually been held on by tape, not even glue. And it came off without taking any of the card art, too. Which is nice if you want to keep the card but I can't imagine how many of them just fell apart on the pegs in the stores that actually stock this stuff.
Clay wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:20 am It... works, mechanically. But I think the springs used are much weaker.
Yeah, same. Mine will clap with a bit of vigour if you unpeg the arms from the bug shell, but it doesn't have the muscle to move the whole assembly. Pretty disappointing since the gimmick is really the only reason to buy one, and it looks like it would be a bit of an ordeal to take him apart and put in stronger springs.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Refraktor Reconnaissance Team 3-pack - I'd heard this was showing up at Gamestop on clearance. It wasn't at my local one, so I asked an employee to check the stores near my parents. One there had it in stock, and my mom was able to pick it up for me.

He's packed in camera mode. Mine was kind of misassembled, with Viewfinder on the end and Spyglass in the middle. With people getting figures with two left hands, I wonder if anyone got one of these packs with duplicates of one bot and none of another. Since Spyglass no longer has the black deco on his legs to match Spectro, this worked just as well as the official configuration. Perhaps better, since the blue on Viewfinder and Spyglass both faced forward, so the side of the camera matched the middle. I'll play around with different combos to see what looks best.

I had the G1 Reflector as a kid, and prefer the 3 distinct bots to the toon-accurate clones from the mainline release, which I skipped. The bots are still identically molded, but the decos and accessories do a good job of differentiating them. I just wish Viewfinder had an alternate head with a faceplate.

I don't know what to do with the extra lens cap pieces. Spectro and Spyglass don't use theirs in bot mode, and they aren't really needed in ship mode. I think the camera mode for the mainline release used them as buttons, but they aren't needed for that here due to the added accessories; it just needs Viewfinder's to connect the tripod to the camera. It looks like the pegs are 4-mm, since they're too small for the 5-mm ports everywhere, but too large for the flight stand ports.

Velocitron Crasher - I haven't opened this yet. There were 3 in store, and I got the only one where the 01 tampographs on the front line up.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

HasLab Victory Saber (Autobot Star Saber and Victory Leo with Holi and Fire) - Ordered through a friend who organized to have it shipped from Singapore.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Legacy Needlenose. At least with the price increases we're not getting distinctly undersizing compromises like with Scoop? I prefer the more basic blocks as Targetmasters too rather than the slightly silly muscle guy designs of the older (2014) double TM. There's no reason to have extra parts for eg arm articulation on something that small at the expense of other cuts such as no yellow shovel, is there?

I have a fair bit of nostalgia for ol' NN. Marvel UK use, and had the toy minus tail-fin from a school fayre trawl when I was younger IIRC. The attention to detail with the update makes up for the fact that the purple guy doesn't differentiate visually from the main figure like the black one does and they look mismatched when pegged to the alt mode. And the main figure is as much of a brick as you want it to be, but not complex.

The one design flaw is NN can't tilt his noggin back properly because of what's behind it, so if he's at desk level looks like he's hanging his head slightly. Which is in character for the 80s and a bit like the drooping helmet of the original toy, I suppose. Probably less so for the IDW era which looking at the wiki seemed to love giving the character page time, and took him in a different direction.

https://i.imgur.com/8NnG8RJ.jpeg
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Wreck 'N' Rule Comic Universe Impactor and Spindle & G2 Universe Leadfoot and Masterdominus - Long delayed Amazon AU release.

Legacy Minerva, Vintage Beast Wars K-9, Shattered Glass Flamewar with Fireglide - From Singapore, shipped over by a friend.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Meanwhile, aboard the Nemesis.....

"Finally." Blast Off stretched, looking at his arms. "Waitaminute. These don't turn into my nosecone anymore?"

"Nope." Swindle smirked. "But be happy. You ain't stuck as that crappy little jet."

Onslaught looked up from the holodisplay showing the Ark in full 3-D. "We all got overhauled."

"Yeah," cackled Vortex. "They gave me MISSILES!!!"

Brawl shrugged. "I ain't no different than I was, really."

Blast Off sighed. "I'm going to be our transport again, aren't I."

Onslaught nodded.

"Then can you guys at least wipe your feet before you get in?"

Power of the Primes Prime Wars Trilogy Deluxe Combaticon Blast Off: I will be honest, I kind of forgot about this guy. I put him on my Amazon Wish List, aka where I put stuff I want to get or think is neat and then forget I did, and my friend does the Christmas shopping for me by using the wish list to get me stuff. Now, every time I looked for Blast Off, he was out of stock or what seemed to be horribly expensive, and lo and behold, my Combiner Wars Bruticus is now complete.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

I got Holiday Optimus Prime for Christmas. The cab/bot is great. It's got a rather involved transformation that produces one of the cleanest at modes I've seen in a while. The back of the cab actually looks like the back of a cab instead of robot arms partially folded away. The part of the truck behind the cab, with the trailer hitch, looks like a solid chunk of truck instead of robot legs tabbed together with gaps in between. It's a bit of a shame that the truck cab couldn't fold into the egs more rather than just hanging out behind the calves, but not too bad.

The trailer is a bit of a disappointment, though. It looks great in trailer mode, though the ramp can't fold down without slightly opening the trailer halves. It does store a Deluxe car, provided that Deluxe is Bumblebee. The base mode is more of a letdown. I knew the whole thing would be plain white, including the little bot thing, so I wasn't surprised by that.

I was surprised that there seems to be nothing stopping the trailer halves from folding down beyond being level with the trailer floor. There's a tiny bit of resistance, but nothing that would support the weight of anything you put on the trailer. There are some 5-mm ports under the trailer, so maybe I'll be able to rig up some analogue of the blue supports the G1 trailer had out of LEGO or Weaponizer parts.

Speaking of Weaponizers, I also got Shattered Glass Slicer and Exo-Suit. I like the Slicer deco enough to have built it out of Kre-O. I never saw any other version of the Fasttrack mold. I haven't opened them yet, though.

I bought for myself, but havn't yet opened: Red Cog - I found this guy clearanced down to regular deluxe price, and now own one of each Weaponizer mold.

Legacy Dead End - I was going to skip this round of Stunticons until I found Dragstrip opened and complete for $10. I like that Dragstrip figure, and the Dead-End character, enough to buy this guy at regular retail. I doubt I'll finish the set though. Motormaster isn't worth Commander price, and I don't have any particular affinity for Breakdown or Wildrider. The combined form doesn't appeal to me, since I like Menasor's chest to be a little black car.

SS '86 Rumble (blue) - He's really more lavender than blue. I wonder is Hasbro's planning to release this mold 3 times: this toon accurate Rumble, a blue/black toy accurate Frenzy, and a red/black toy Rumble/toon Frenzy.