[Original RPG] Collapse: Struck a Nerve (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"It'd be murder," Dirge answered Ironfist in an almsot matter-of-factly tone, then suppressing a sigh, continued in a more neutral tone. "He's my prisoner; I and Windcharger captured him. So unless you get an override from upper command, you don't get to shoot him.

"He's expressed an interest in joining the Autobots. Call this a temperment test if you like. I'm personally seeing to it that Thrust stays in line."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster moved towards the fallen Road Rocket looking down at the traitor with a look of contempt.

"You' got a lot of good bots killed. You're the type of mech that makes me wanna forget the code I agreed to follow and just slag you." his voice was cold, distant far and away from the normal upbeat and energetic. Blaster crossed one arm over the front of his chest and extended his other over top of it, resting on his crossed arm and aiming his electro-scrambler rifle at the downed bot.

"If your vocal processors are still workin, gimme one GOOD reason I shouldn't put you off-line permanently." He cocked his weapon, and his finger hovered over the trigger, "If they don't... well... better hope I got a conscience."
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Road Rocket rocked his remaining wheels flailing the air.

"You make my diodes ache especially you. I know your type with your own private army of slaves just waiting in subspace for your orders. Do you think I wanted to be a hat. If I had a choice I could have been anything that I wanted to be but here I am stuck as an armoured acessory If you kill me it will unleash the Omega Virus, the dead mechs switch wil operate and then it will be too late."
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Wing

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist glared at Dirge, finger backing off the trigger. "Fine. He's your charge then. Make sure nothing 'unfortunate' happens, to him or yourself." Ironfist lowered his gun, but sensors trained on Thrust, making sure he wouldn't get the drop on him, or his teammates.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster paused as he weighed his options, "So the virus is inside of you?" He asked Roadrocket keeping the weapon trained on him.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical chamber

Thrust had decided to stay quiet, perhaps he was more used to following orders than he wanted to believe. He followed Dirge, head bowed into the medbay and tried to suppress a smile as he surveyed the carnage.

His glee quickly changed to fear, Thrust flinched as Ironfist raised his weapon. Thrust had been silent for a while but he couldn’t help his programming the combination of fear and helplessness forced him fall back on the only weapon he had available to him.

"Yeah why don't you listen to Dirge here? Come to think of it murder isn’t a foreign concept to you Autobots is it? Perhaps that really why you brought me down here, so you can dispatch of me easily and throw me into a furnace with all the other deactivated mechs" his words clearly aimed at Ironfist.

This facade was less than convincing due to the fact the con was shaking in his cuffs.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

Afterburner, supporting Windcharger's dead-weight, watched the brief confrontation and noted the facade Thrust put up in response to Ironfist's blunt aggresiveness. He was well aware that fear could be as much a trigger for sudden violence as hatred...

"Uh, someone give me a hand!" he called out to break the tension. "This guy is even heavier than he looks!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical chamber

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist looked at Thrust, the disgust evident on his face. "Self defense is not murder. Cons betrayed us all. Trust must be earned back. Some bots have managed to do it." Ironfist said, looking at Dirge, " But you'll get your chance, if you mean it." That said, Ironfist turned around and walked over to Afterburner and helped him lift Windcharger up.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

Road Rocket rolled back onto his remaining wheels

"It's at a remote location, I need to transmit a coded signal at randome intervals and on random frequencies or else it will spread."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster nodded, "I see, so you are transmitting a random signal to keep it going?" Blaster asked Roadrocket looking back to make sure the others were still around.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Hound was also helping Afterburner. My fault, though, missed bolding his name. Sorry about that Clogs))

Medical Wing

Dirge spared warning looks to both Ironfist and Thrust briefly, but he did not speak on the matter, understanding all too well what fear could do to people, and recognizing the signs of it in both of them. More than likely this was going to be a regular event that he was going to have to deal with, each time he ran into Autobots new to the situation. Hopefully, not too many of the trigger-happy ones...

With Ironfist now helping as well, Hound would help Afterburner with moving the unconcious Windcharger, heading towards the nearest operational CR chamber. "Best if we get him stable, then track down all the medics we got left around here before we get any more wounded more than we can handle."

"Arcee, you still here?" Hound called out, looking for the other Autobot.
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Wing

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'm sure if you look around," Ironfist said in reply to Hound, "some of medical crew will be among deceased. 'Cons don't care for function, only allegiance. If it's not theirs, then it's a target."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

Roadrocket nodded

"that's right the frequency and timings are only known to me."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster smiled and shook his head, "So what is your end-game then? Hope to detonate it? Use it as leverage to escape then detonate it? You gotta realize we ain't gonna let you do that."

Blaster opened an internal channel to Autobase Communication where Slamdance was still standing in for Blaster.

"Slamdance. I need a run down of all external communication signals leaving the Althihex prison complex. I want you to hone in on any by Roadrocket or unidentified sources in and around the prison. Gimme the location they go to and the frequencies. Check for an extended period of time, go back a few cycles, there should be one consistant hot spot. I need this ASAP."

"Roger bossbot. Only take a second."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing, CR chambers

Afterburner was more than glad of Ironfist and Hound's assistance; Windcharger had put on weight... and height... The guy was at least still recognisable, unlike some others who upgraded and repainted.

"Worth another look round, just in case," he said to Ironfist, then added the question: "Arcee is here?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medical Wing

"She was a bit ago," Hound spoke, looking around as much as he could without imparing himself from helping Afterburner and Ironfist. "She helped show Bumblebee and I here while we moved Wing Saber."

"She might have gone off to look for other survivors. She seemed quite concerned about the condition of what is left of this place, as were we," Wing Saber suggested from where he was resting. Not having spotted a CR chamber of suitable size for himself, he'd simply taken to resting. He was feeling a bit better, but not by much.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Road Rocket shifted on his remaining wheels

"All I want to do is to escape, If you let me go I will gladly tell you the Omega Virus' location."
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical Wing

Thrust had been standing round like a spare part for sometime now. Perhaps in all this commotion he would have a chance to escape but this wasn’t Thrusts long term game plan. Even if he was sincere about switching sides the Autobots had hardly argued a convincing case thus far. Standing idly Thrusts mind wondered hatred began encroaching on Thrusts logic circuits. Getting bashed up by Windcharger, Ironfist ramming a gun down his throat and of course Dirges betrayal. Thrust took a deep breath and pushed the hatred back down into the pit of his chassis taking solstice in the mayhem around him.

Be patient,

“Anything I can do to help?” the words came so naturally Thrust even surprised himself, even so he wasn’t expecting much in the way of a reply.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Prison

A lone, orange-and-brown mechanoid stood over the mutilated body parts that had once been two escaped convicts. He grinned devilishly, punting the decapacitated limb of a Decepticon, still trailing oil, away. In his left hand he held one of his unfortunate... victims. Transforming into his insect-like beast mode, he licked his oil-stained jaws as he contemplated his next move.

Branded a rogue, an escaped convict, Repugnus knew that the fate that awaited him was only incarceration again or, worse, interrogation. After all, Repugnus has a bad habit of eating anyone who interrogated him. Still grinning, the Monsterbot chomped down on the head, and spat it out, before ambling towards the armoury, which had been ransacked. There was a hole there, and lo behold, his venom blasters were among the discarded weapons on the floor. Guess those 'Cons are just too stupid to use a gun like this...

Retrieving the two guns, he stepped into the armoury and out of the gaping hole on one of its walls. On the way, be used his clawed fingers to tear out the identification trackers that Powerflash had planted on him, and with some considerable pain, the prototype VVH. It was painful, but Repugnus didn't scream, didn't say anything as he tore the thing out. Now he's gotten his guns, he's gotten rid of his trackers... now, to find transportation and a temporary bolt-hole.

Repugnus figured Protihex to be the most logical choice, what with the neutral state and Doublecross being there, but with his slow beast mode, it would take a very long time to reach the Neutral Zone. Iacon? Grotusque might be able to help him out, but the ISS and Military will find him out. Sighing, Repugnus stalked across the ruined courtyard. One of the wild Sharkticons, in robot mode, leapt at him, flailing his mace. Without blinking, Repugnus lazily stretched out his right hand, which transformed into the beast mode pincers and clamped them shut on the Sharkticon's neck, slicing the head cleanly off. Then, just for kicks, the Monsterbot fully transformed and used a tongue of flame which roasted the body of the Sharkticon

Repugnus tossed the burning husk away and transformed back into robot mode, walking confidently. Sunstreaker did it for money. Grimlock did it for thrills. Prowl did it for duty. Powerglide did it for glory. Repugnus? Despite being branded a rogue, Repugnus is still wearing the red badge... because he loves his job. And he's the best at it, although he only did it his way. Yes, he believed in the Autobot philosophy and all, but it doesn't govern how he does his job. And he does have a mission. Sort of. Downshift told him to hunt down the escaped Decepticons still in the city, and he intended to finish that.

He walked away from the prison, intent on hunting down every last one of the escaped Decepticons. And finding a transport to get out of Altihex until the chaos died down.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"All the Decepticons you helped set free? All the Autobots you got killed? The civilians you put in danger? Now you're threatening us, and you want me to set you free?" Blaster asked, contempt in his voice to the damaged Roadrocket. "You're lucky you're not already dead."

"Slamdance, gimme an ETA"
"Almost got it."