[Original RPG] Collapse: Struck a Nerve (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridor

"you have a quarter of a Breem until I am due to send the next signal after that only by entering the code physically will we be able to stop the spread."

Altihex old Town, Main parcel depot

Inside an innocent looking parcel much like any other a light changed from red to amber and the words standby flashed on a display.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

Afterburner glanced up at the CR room's ceiling and could not help but pick out the fine cracks around the bolts holding the massive plates in place. Every proper medical wing was built to withstand a lot of abuse and those tiny, seemingly insignificant cracks were a sure sign the rest of the prison complex was in a bad way structurally.

"I know a problem when I see it," he agreed with Wing Saber. "Been caught in too many cave-ins myself. Maybe we ought to be looking at evacuating the place a-sap?

"There didn't appear to be any survivors out there; still, if Arcee hasn't given up, I guess I'd better go give it one more try..."

So? No one was giving orders. Like a good Autobot, he volunteered to do his bit even in the face of potential danger. He walked out of the CR room, signalling to Ironfist to see if he would join him, and practically stumbled into Thrust just after the latter had asked whether he could offer any help. Afterburner thought it might be best to get the 'on parole' 'Con away from the tension and doing something, and seized the opportunity.

"Yeah, want to come for one last look round and see if we can find any unit who can be saved - and Arcee, too?" he invited cordially.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical Bay

Thrust flashed a weak smile in Afterburners direction. It seemed his plan was working, Autobots were different he thought to himself. Too trusting and dumber than the average Decepticon both detestable character traits. He quickly responded to the offer before it was retracted.

“I’ll try to make my self useful but, there is the small issue of these cuffs and my minder over there”, Thrust angled his head towards Dirge.
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'll join you" Ironfist said, picking up on Afterburner's signal. "Don't trust him yet," He said, indicating Thrust, "but he can be useful. He wants to come, let him. Cuffs should stay though. He can check on wounded without arms being uncuffed."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medical Wing

"We can go," Dirge answer, speaking for himself and Thrust as a unit, since he was responsible for the other mech as it was. "Not as if there is much that we seem to be able to do here aside from standing around."

"It sounds like a good idea," Hound spoke to Afterburner and Ironfist[/b]. "I'll stay here and keep an eye on things, in case anyone else does arrive. After this last sweep, though, we'd best see about getting out of here before it all comes down on us."

"You might perhaps try locating or contacting Blaster, or some of the bots that were with him," Wing Saber suggested. "Earlier he and his associates were trying to organize us during the prison break, and the chaos of the immediate aftermath. I can't say that I've heard any chatter on the communication frequencies from them in a while, and it leaves me wondering if they haven't been injured as well."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

"Willco," Afterburner acknowled both Hound and Wing Saber. He made for the door. "Come on. There's no time to waste and there's units to help!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maximum Security Medical Facility

Searchlight stood upright unable to move

"hey guys where did you all go what happened to me I cant' move my head?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Downtown Altihex

A nondescript and seemingly abandoned garage stood inviting to Repugnus. The Monsterbot strode in, his beast mode's optics scanning for life signs. The shopkeeper did a double take at Repugnus' appearance and shrivelled into a corner. "Please, I don't have any money..." Repugnus suspected that had the shopkeeper been human, he would've been sobbing.

"Not here for money." Repugnus snapped, eyeing a Hovercycle (OOC: think Axer's) parked in a corner. "You selling that?"

"Take it, take it! Just don't kill me." The shopkeeper said, tossing the cycle keys to Repugnus, who caught it in his powerful pincers.

Repugnus shrugged, and dropped a 50-credit chip he salvaged from one of the now-dead prisoners on the table. "Here. Don' say I came and stole your stuff. Just because I look like this doesn't mean I'm a 'Con, y'know." Repugnus said, indicating the torn and faded Autobot insignia. Repugnus transformed into robot mode, revved the hovercycle, and drove out. On his way out, he pulled an abandoned shotgun on the debris-littered street. It's hunting time.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical Wing

Thrust shuffled towards the exit door behind Afterburner and Ironfist, making sure he didn’t stray too far from Dirge. The last thing he wanted was an Autobot blasting him in the back. This supposed show of good faith would be a good way for Thrust to do a little recon, he could check out the condition of the prison and maybe get some dirt on the turn coat seeker. If he was lucky he might even get a chance to deactivate some injured Autobots on the sly. Although fun indulging in such an activity would be risky with Ironfist and Dirge breathing down his neck.

“OK lead the way then”?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

Afterburner 'shh-sed' at Thrust and dropped into a semi-crouch. Unelievable as it was, he was sure he had caught the sound of vocals! He crept forwards cautiously - although he did not pull a weapon - making his way towards the maximum security containment, marked by its yellow-painted walls, which abutted the standard treatment area. The firedoor was listing on its bearings and, as he passed, inadvertantly dislodging some rubble, it tore free and plunged upon him...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical Wing

Thrust didn’t need much convincing to stay quiet, there was no mistaking they were nearing the high security wing. Thrust ran over different scenarios in his head, what if one of the other cons saw him with the Autobots, what if it got back to Megatron, what if……. he pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind and decided to cower behind Afterburner.

“W Wha What is it? You hear s ss some something?” Thrust stammered to Afterburner.

Unfortunately for Thrust the answer to this question came in the form of the heavy fire door looming towards him. Luckily for Thrust Afterburner seemed to soak up much of the impact but Thrust wasn’t fast enough to avoid the door entirely. As the door swung round it, smashed into Thrusts left wing pushing him off balance. The door continued to swing round catching Thrust in the side of the head. With his hands tied he tried to stabilize himself with his leg mounted engines. This vain attempt to remain upright just added to the already comedic situation. With engines blazing Thrust bounced off the corridor wall and crumpled into a heap.

His vision was blurred but he could just make out the form of Afterburner on the floor, as courageous as ever Thrust wined at Dirge and Ironfist,

“Well don’t just stand there help me up, that slagging door almost killed me!”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Assuming that the door is ontop of Afterburner now, from the way the post lays it out))

Medical Wing

Dirge had been taking up the back of the group, and was consequently out of the way when the door came loose, almost as if by its own accord it'd decided to attack the group. It was in fact another sign to Dirge of the crumbling stability of the structure.

Unable to do anything but wait for all of the chaos to stop, once things had settled down he immediately went over to the prone Afterburner, starting to lift the heavy door off of him. "Oh settle the drama, you're fine Thrust," Dirge called out. "We'll get to you next. Ironfist help me with this," He spoke, worried about loosing his grip and doing further harm to Afterburner.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

It really is possible to see stars...

Lying uncomfortably facedown among the rubble - which seemed to consist wholly of sharp lumps of ceiling panel and support beams - Afterburner blinked a few times and apprised the situation. One stupid false step and the security door had come down far too fast to try to save himself. As far as he could tell, his core systems were still fully operational, but there were several painful breaches in his armour which were leaking fluids, and the very weight of the door across his back was threatening to crush him slowly and decoratively.

He heard Thrust wailing and then some of the pressure eased.

"I'm fine!" he called out. "I'm okay!" But he knew he was not...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medical Wing

Thrust winced and rubbed his painful head.

How dare they leave me on the floor like scrap!

Even with the cuffs Thrust was able to stagger to his feet, the blow had done no serious damage. His vision cleared and he could now plainly see Afterburner being crushed under the security door and he looked in a bad way. At the same time Dirge was clumsily struggling to lift the door off him. Thrust couldn’t decide which was funnier and he had difficulty containing his amusement.

Dirge I know you are doing a fine job over there but if you need a hand just ask it looks as if old Afterburner won't mind”
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Wing

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist walked over to where Afterburner was pinned, and grabbed one side of the door and lifted, helping Dirge raise the weight off. "Wait your turn." Ironfist said to Thrust. He glanced back down to Afterburner. "Slide, roll, or pull yourself out before we drop this thing."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medical Wing

"Yes..." Afterburner pulled himself loose from some embedded debris and, able to get up onto his hands and knees, crawled out from beneath the door. He gritted his dental arches and no sound escaped, but he hurt, the kind of hurt that came from everywhere at once.

"I'm out," he told Dirge and Ironfist, only too aware that the security door was very heavy indeed.

He raised himself on his haunches and shook his head ruefully. Nothing major, as he had guessed; gashes and dents, small holes stamped through his armour, paint loss, fluid stains. Several minor fuel-lines had self-sealed and rerouted, and he felt a little processor blurring as the pressure stabilised.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster nodded to him. "We don't need that much time." Blaster had received the information he needed. He opened internal communication on the prison intercom to relay a silent signal with the coordinates of the bomb to every Autobot on base, and orders for the fastest to available to go begin evacuation of the area as well as set up a containment field of any kind.

"Thanks Slamdance, put out a general evacuation order for that area." he sent before he threw a jamming net over the base and grinned down at Roadrocket.

"How big is the bomb?"
~~~~

Catilla go the message from Blaster and looked to Pipes "I think we gotta go!" He turned around and dashed as fast as he could back the other direction.

~~~~

Slamdance immediately put out the evacuation warning.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Iacon-Altihex Borders

Repugnus took aim at an escapee with a shotgun and blew the fleeing mech up. "One more down!" he said.

Soon, Slamdance's orders for evacuation reached the Monsterbot. Whooping with joy, the Monsterbot revved up his motorbike and rocketed off to Iacon... (OOC: and that's where he's going to now.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Road Rocket grimaced

"well it's not just a bomb you see. I copied the personalities of some of the criminals in here and they will be downloaded into some bodies I um obtained and srtashed in various locations the explosives in the control unit was just a bit of extra fun really mwaahahahahahaahaha. I was going to create an army loyal to me to help right the slights inflicted on me by you all bwahhahaahaahaha ."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Medical Wing

Dirge grunted as he struggled to hold the door up, greatful when Afterburner was finally able to pull himself out from underneith it. He didn't immediately let go, though, shuffling his feet slightly, making sure that no part of himself was going to be in the way of the massive hunk of metal when it would be released.

"Get ready to be out of the way..." Dirge warned to Ironfist, holding the door for a moment longer before he could feel it begining to slip away from him. "Three...two..." Dirge started to count down for releasing it, but the metal came loose from his grip before he could finish, the seeker jerking back from it on reflex. He came close to backing into Thrust but managed to stop himself before actually connecting with the other mech.