IDW Comic Guides corrections / maintenance

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

zigzagger

IDW Comic Guides corrections / maintenance

Post by zigzagger »

May as well start one of these.

As the title implies, corrections and maintenance for the IDW comics section.

'Kay, I'll start...

Already mentioned this in the Comic Review Working Archivethread, but figured I may as well mention it here too.
Out of curiosity, which posts have you been uploading - Dalek's or mine? Mine are the proofed versions of the Dalek's originals, but I'm noticing that it is some of the originals that are being uploaded (AHM #3 and #4 for example). Should I just edit the originals, then make a post stating I proofed them to prevent confusion?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Probably most in need of immediate revision is my entries for the IDW Target free Movie comics:

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/idw/gui ... vieprequel

Both should have added: Later Reprinted In: Transformers Official Movie Prequel Special Under the title [insert Chapter Two: Interlude for the Bumblebee story and Chapter One: Planetfall for the DVD comic]

Notes: [To be added to the end of the paragraph for each issue explaining their original exclusive nature] When originally published this issue contained hidden messages that, when looked at through red Perspex, would reveal secret codes for the Target website. This, along with its target stable mate was reprinted by IDW under a new title in the one shot Official Movie Prequel Special, with the strips arranged in chronological order rather than as originally released. The hidden messages were mostly removed, though a few did slip through the cracks.

[Changes just for the Bumblebee comic/Interlude]:

Notes:

The paragraph on the Target truck should be extended to read:

Bumblebee at one point passes both a Target truck and a homage to the original Optimus Prime toy. For the Movie Prequel Special comic the former was changed to Trevor Hutchison artwork for All Hail Megatron.

[Changes Just to the DVD Comic/Planetfall]:

For the Characters Featured: section Brawl needs to be changed to Devastator as that's now been firmly established as his IDWverse name.

Notes:

This paragraph:
This story is basically in its own little continuity bubble, away from the main IDW Movieverse comics. In this story, the Decepticons arrive on Earth immediately prior to the film rather than in 2003, and again shows their first reactions to humans and human technology.

Should become:

This story is seemingly incompatible with the events of the film, and indeed IDW's main Prequel Comic. In this story, the Decepticons arrive on Earth immediately prior to the film rather than in 2003, and again shows their first reactions to humans and human technology. Despite this subsequent IDW Movieverse comics have picked up on and continued the story of Wreckage following his capture by Sector 7, starting with Reign of Starscream.

The following:
This is the only IDW comic in which the Decepticon tank is named, and they pump for half his toy moniker of Decepticon Brawl. However, as the Titan comics that tie into the main IDW story use the Devastator name, this can be assumed to be entirely the preserve of this comic.
Needs to become:

This is the first IDW comic in which the Decepticon tank is named, and they pump for half his toy moniker of Decepticon Brawl. Whilst the comics relationship with the rest of IDW's Moive output is dubious this naming was confirmed by issue 1 of Reign of Starscream. Titan had used his onscreen name of Devastator, making this really the first point where the two companies output diverted.

Hopefully that all makes sense... I’m not sure if we want to switch the order the comics are in to reflect how they’re presented in the reprint. I’m also not sure where we stand on linking to scans now the comics have been made widely available.

More simply- The Later Reprinted In: details for issue 4 of the Prequel comic are wrong (due to it being a best guess done before the Titan comic got that far), it was in fact published across issues 10-13 of the Titan title.

Equally, [snipped to separate thread]

That's all for now. Obviously there's lots and lots of retroactive stuff that could be added to reviews (such as Shockwave's Energon seeding plan all being part of Jhiaxus's master plan) and I do hope to do an extensive top to tails reworking of the bulk of the entries at some point, but I'd rather wait till after Maximum Dinobots finishes to try and get all the relevant new stuff done in one go for that sort of major revision. But all corrections, reprint details and behind the scenes grubbins I may have missed lovingly received.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

This might be low on the priority list, but here's an interesting tidbit for Movie Prequel #1 on the insight of a generic character...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Inferno_(Movie)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

zigzagger wrote:which posts have you been uploading - Dalek's or mine?
I've been aiming for yours. Entirely possible I've clipped the wrong block of source for some, though.

From my point of view it's easier if originals are overwritten with proofread versions, and suggested changes to content added in a separate post underneath for discussion. This is less an issue with a thread per review, though.

I'll go back over AHM #3 and #4. Any others there that need redoing?
inflatable dalek

We can highlight stuff? Bloody hell, I really need to learn this HTML lark...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

There's actually been a highlight tag built-in for ages, [highlight]but it does this[/highlight].

This custom is a bit more versatile and will help me keep track of stuff.

Or I'll forget I've done it until some random yahoo discovers, abuses, and prompts me to squash 'em...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Okay, should have --

a) Fixed AHM #3 and #4 reviews.
b) Added movie prequel notes.

Though may have gotten confused in replacing prequel stuff as am knackered.
Blackjack wrote:This might be low on the priority list, but here's an interesting tidbit for Movie Prequel #1 on the insight of a generic character...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Inferno_(Movie)
What, if anything, does this slot into?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

What, if anything, does this slot into?
Well, I don't know if it's worth mentioning... but it gives a generic Autobot in Movie Prequel 1 a name. Do with the info what you will... ;)
inflatable dalek

Into the characters featured list would be the best bet I'd imagine. Ta for the changes Denyer.

EDIT: Though is issue 5 of AHM suddenly getting a 100% increase in the score I gave it (from one to two cubes) a mistake, editorial authority or a cunning attempt to give me somewhere lower to go with issue 6?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:Into the characters featured list would be the best bet I'd imagine.
Some idea where would be useful. Even after digging out scans I can't spot the bastard.
is issue 5 of AHM suddenly getting a 100% increase in the score I gave it (from one to two cubes) a mistake
Mmm. Fixed.
inflatable dalek

Denyer wrote: b) Added movie prequel notes.
Having gotten round to checking, the Prequel reviews look exactly the same as they did before to me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Whoops. Uploaded 'em.
inflatable dalek

Thanks to EXCLUSIVE SECRET INSIDE SOURCES we now have the entire cast of Spotlight: Doubledealer ID'd thanks to this thread: http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=45190

So the characters featured section needs to have Silverstreak and Crackshot added. Am undeiced if Silverstreak should be treated as a seperate character to Bluestreak or if the colour change deserves a mention in goofs.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

After a sleepless night, I decided to list all the transformers in Megatron Origin. Some of our lists have slight errors (in Megatron Origin, I can't really blame you guys... my eyes hurt like hell)

Origin part 1
Senator Decimus, Decimus' Aide, Miners, Megatron, Security Guards, Rumble, Frenzy, Sentinel Prime, Prowl

Origin Part 2
Megatron, Cy-Kill, Onslaught, Clench, Monstructor (yet another proof that Origin is retconned), Crasher, Skyquake, Air Raid, Seawing, Spinister, Sunstreaker, Slugslinger, Overlord, Rumble, Frenzy, Ratbat, Soundwave, Huffer (on screen), Hook (on screen and in flesh), Downshift (on screen), Mixmaster (on screen and in flesh), Prowl (on screen and in flesh), Red Alert (on screen and in flesh), Hun-Grrr, Blot, Tantrum, Sideswipe, what appears to be Swindle, Betabear (killed), Hound, Warpath, Bumper, Fastback, Blades, Jazz, Roadbuster, Whirl, Sentinel Prime, Blaster, what appears to be Spyglass, Scrounge, Wheezel, Scrapper, Long Haul, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Brawn (in Bumper's mind), Ironhide (in Bumper's mind), Mirage (in Bumper's mind)

Origin chapter 3
Soundwave, Swindle, Megatron, Hook, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Fastback (hologram), Bumper (hologram), Sentinel Prime, Air Said, Ratchet, Warpath, Brawn, Chromia, Ironhide, Gears, Wheeljack, Prowl, Windcharger, Orion Pax, Elita One, Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Hubcap, Alpha Trion, Senator Decimus, Ravage (on screen), Ratbat,Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Dead End, Wildrider, Motormaster, Divebomb, Rampage, Razorclaw, Grimlock, Frenzy, Rumble, Cutthroat, Slag, Diagnostic Drone (acting as camera), Sixshot (?), Hun-Grrr, Runabout, Runamuck, Onslaught, Crasher

Origin part 4
Starscream, Megatron, Senator Decimus (killed by Starscream and Soundwave), other Senators (killed by Starscream and Soundwave), Straxus, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Squawkbox, Ravage, Dead End, Motormaster (possibly killed), Thundercracker, Skywarp, Frenzy, Rumble, Runabout, Kickback, Bonecrusher, Mixmaster, Grapple (possibly killed), Inferno (possibly killed), Sentinel Prime (killed), Blades, Hound, Prowl, Ironhide, Thrust, Trailbreaker, Ratbat, Blot, Drag Strip, Breakdown, Razorclaw, Swindle, Hubcap, Broadside

Plus some info:

Spotlight Hardhead, in correct ordering...
Nightbeat, Hardhead, Crumble, Takedown, Neutro, Groundpounder, Hubs, Barricade, Roller Force, Ground Hog, Motorhead (head chopped off by rubble), Big Daddy, Swindler, Roadhandler, Freewheeler, Tailspin, Road Hugger, Blackjack, Hyperdrive, Detour, Powertrain, Mudslinger, Tote, High Jump, Sidetrack, Flak, Big Shot, Tracer, Dropshot, Bombshock, Growl, Whisper, Broadside, Springer, Whirl, Thunderwing, Road Rocket, Sideswipe, Twin Twist, Topspin, Skram, Roadbuster, Optimus Prime, Prowl, Jetfire, Afterburner, Lightspeed, Scattershot, Omega Supreme (on monitor screen), Galvatron (on monitor screen), Cyclonus (on monitor screen, flashback), Jhiaxus, Nemesis Prime, Hound (flashback), Ultra Magnus (flashback), Blaze Master, Eagle Eye, Skyhigh, Treadbolt, Nightflight, Storm Cloud, Tailwind, Arcee, Treadshot (possibly dead), Gutcruncher, Banzaitron, Axer, Cloudburst, Landmine, Waverider, Groundbreaker, Searchlight, Dealer

Spotlight Sideswipe--> I've identified the Micromasters killed by Arcee. The blue one in the foreground is Tailspin. The yellow one in little bits is Motorhead or Freewheeler. The other two hurts my eyes.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:Thanks to EXCLUSIVE SECRET INSIDE SOURCES we now have the entire cast of Spotlight: Doubledealer ID'd thanks to this thread: http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=45190
Link's broken.
Am undeiced if Silverstreak should be treated as a seperate character to Bluestreak or if the colour change deserves a mention in goofs.
Who the hell is Crackshot? Another 'Bluster'?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Blackjack wrote:Link's broken.
That's because the original thread was merged with another.

Here's Halfshell's original query
http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... tcount=141

And here is the eventual response from the colourist
http://tfarchive.com/community/showpost ... tcount=185
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

A third re-reading of the Revelations TPB as well as Dalek's reviews yields some new juicy goofs. Do with then what you will :).

Let's see...

-Spotlight Hardhead, page 17, panel 3 shows that at least Motorhead (the yellow guy) is killed by Hardhead. Well, head's lobbed off and all that...
-Sandstorm is absent from the Wreckers until Spotlight Sideswipe, and even then he doesn't even speak
-Cloudburst is in charge of his team, not Landmine like in all previous continuity.
-Spotlight Sideswipe, page 1-- Sideswipe's hand glows as he pummels Grindcore, as it does on spotlight Galvatron. A reference to his piledriver arms?
-Gutcruncher, like Axer, has also recovered in time to fight Monstructor.
-More scale issues. In Spotlight Arcee, the Combaticons are more or less the same heght. Now Blast Off towers over Onslaught. What the hell?
-There is an error in the listing in Spotlight Sideswipe. Lightspeed is listed twice. The second Lightspeed should've been Fastlane.