[Original RPG] Collapse: None But My Own (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I can't launch an investigation into Imperial activities just yet without raising suspicions," Astrotrain told Gigatron, "for obvious reasons. I'll continue to keep a quiet watch on the situation, though."

He listened to Gigatron and silently agreed with his distrust of Hellbat -- well, of all of Breastforce -- and said, "I thought you had some hypnotic capabilities as well, in your bat mode. I know you're not as practised as he is, but Imperial soldiers are notoriously weak-minded."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"Could you pull some pesonnel files I'd like as much background as I can get on some of my recruits. You make a good point I will conduct experiments to see how well it works. We need a plausible mode of transport for these "commandos"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I can do that," Astrotrain said. "And speaking of recruits, did Sixshot ever make it to you? He had some information I needed delivered into your keeping, but I've heard nothing of him in months."

He pondered Gigatron's statement for a few moments before saying, "Not necessarily. If we inserted them via one of the neutral city-states, it could be made to appear as if they'd simply come in undercover on one of the off-world commercial transports. We could even fabricate some evidence suggesting that the Space Mafia might have helped them make their way here."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron paused thoughtfully

"He did arrange a meeting but he was a no show, do you think somethings happened to him?"

He shifted his position

"Covert infiltrators would work."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I don't know," Astrotrain admitted to Gigatron. "It would take a great deal of firepower to make someone of Sixshot's calibre disappear. To do it so subtly that we didn't even notice...well, I doubt even you could have managed that. He's not the type to simply disappear, though. I think something untoward might be going on."

The triplechanger sighed. "At any rate, he had managed to dig up some very interesting information about how exactly Megatron came to be among the living again. I'll have to make sure you get it."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"I had wondered about his sudden reappearance. As far as I was aware he was dead. I presume he is the genuine Article?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"So it would appear," Astrotrain told Gigatron. "Although I suppose it's possible the Quintessons fabricated the records purely to sow confusion in our ranks. It appears that they actually went to the trouble of recovering his corpse and reanimating it in an attempt to use him against Galvatron." Dryly he added, "That didn't turn out well for them."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"Megatron is no-ones puppet, which is why we must be very careful with our planning. What are his plans after Kaon more conquest ?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I doubt he's thought that far ahead," Astrotrain told Gigatron. "Megatron has never been one for much forward planning. He'll conquer until there's nothing left to conquer, and then he'll look for some other jewel to add to his empire."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron looked thoughtful

"Could the Imperials tempt him offer him a position to suit his needs or would he reject them as he has rejected other Decepticon leaders."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Astrotrain chuckled. "You weren't around then," he told Gigatron, "but when Megatron first heard that the Empire existed, the mere concept of it was enough to drive him into a genocidal frenzy. Unless the Liege Maximo throws himself at his feet and offers Megatron his throne, nothing and no one could convince him to throw in his lot with them. Subservience, no matter how much power it would bring him, just isn't in his programming."

Astrotrain sighed and added, "Frankly, the only reason he's not trumpeting the anti-Imperial chorus himself is the fact that it would seem like he was following you if he did. I was there to watch his reaction to Jhiaxus and his troops first-hand, so I think it carries some weight when I say that Megatron probably agrees with you on the subject already, in the deepest recesses of his spark. But without a good reason, he can't act on it without looking weak."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"So there is some hope for our plans."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Perhaps," Astrotrain told Gigatron. "Perhaps. Time will tell." The triple changer rose from his perch and nodded toward his former commander. "Time will tell. I need to return to Darkmount before my absence raises suspicions, though. We'll be in touch?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded.

"I will initiate our plan hopefully the hypnosis will work."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Good luck," Astrotrain told Gigatron. "Once I return to Darkmount, I'll send you the data I'd mentioned."

The triplechanger sent out a quick comm burst to summon Ramjet, then nodded once to Gigatron. "It was...heartening to see you again, sir. The empire would be better off with more officers like you in it."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"Likewise Astrotrain it's always a pleasure."

Gigatron turned and transfomed jetting into the air.

He answered a com.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Astrotrain watched Gigatron jet away, then transformed to shuttle mode, rendezvoused with Ramjet and returned to Polyhex.

(OOC: That was fun. :) )
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Victory Square, Tarn

Huffer drove slowly into the square, the fading light of the sun gleaming off his chromed smoke stacks and orange hull. He transformed into his robot form and looked around him slowly. A slow ticking sound from his wrist registered the minimal radiation in the area. He ignored it.

All around him lay the shattered remains of Metroplex. Staring at the colossal scraps and fragments of metal, his thoughts returned to the long journey he and several other minibots had made when they had fled Cybertron from the Quintessons so long ago. Separated from their autobot comrades for several years, stuck in a battered wreck of a shuttle, the bond they had formed had changed him. He had become confident in the autobot cause, and in himself. That confidence had given him the strength and inspiration to rebuild Metroplex, stronger and more advanced than ever. And here he lay, another one of his efforts blown to bits.

"Such a waste..." he said to the fading light.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Victory Square, Tarn

Huffer sat down on what appeared to be part of a finger, or maybe just an especially large piece of interior tubing. He couldn't tell. He leaned back and looked up at the sky. The stars were shining, and it was really rather peaceful here in the quiet of the wasteland.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Victory Square, Tarn

A cold, flat voice rang out from the shadows near Huffer, "Enjoying yourself?"