[Original RPG] Collapse: None But My Own (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Snaptrap hadn´t expected Huffer to react that quickly, but at least there seemed to be some damage to his legs. Maybe that would slow the Autobot down enough for the sluggish Seacon to pin hm down. Firing more sonic shells at Huffer, snaptrap began a slow approach at the enigineer.

I wonder how Sunstorm will react; he seems at least as unstable as Huffer...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Huffer kept to his cover to avoid more damage, but his cover was rapidly getting destroyed around him. He picked up the biggest thing he could find and lobbed it at Snaptrap to try to distract him from his incessant shelling.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm's frame crackled with energy as he clenched his fists, superficially he was angry. Very angry. But deep down there was a kind of dismayed determination: If he couldn't even convince two deserters to remain civil for five minutes, how could he ever hope to impact the war on a significant scale? No. He would get through. The fighting will stop. Starting with These Two...

The seeker aimed a cannon toward each combatant and fired, intentionally aiming away from vitals. It would be a warning shot, albeit a painful one.
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Snaptrap heard more than he felt the piece of metal thrown at him by Huffer clang of his armoured outer shell, distracted by Sunstorm´s outburst. Transforming back into his robot mode (which was actually faster than turning towards Sunstorm in his sluggish turtoise form), Snaptrap brought his shoulder mounted shield between himself and the seeker, who suddenly seemed much more threatening than the Autobot.

" Joke´s over, light bulb. I´m kind of busy here, so what do you want?"

On a side note, Snaptrap´s secondary programming drew up a schematic of how Sunstorms radiation could be tapped as a power source. The Seacon leader shook his head, distracted. At the moment, he was in the mood of turning the decepticon before him into a pile of scrap metal, not a battery...
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm glowered at Snaptrap, cannons lowered, fists clenched. "I want you to listen. To think about what you're doing. About what your life's doing. Are you accomplishing anything with these petty feuds? No. You just find a few million others holding the same grudge and fight it out. Look around you," the Seeker gestured at the surrounding wasteland, "this is the cost of what we're doing. Countless lives are being lost. Do you even know what you're fighting over, anymore? Or are you just living off of the propaganda you're being suckled with?"
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

"I am a warrior, light bulb. I was built to fight, and I´m damn good at it. Yes, things are getting destroyed, to be replaced by new buildings, errected for the glory of the Decepticon Empire to come. People get killed, but those who survive emerge stronger and more capable than ever. Evolution through Chaos, Strength through adversity. That is what it means to be Decepticon. There was a time when I would have executed you on the spot for what you just said, but I didn´t. You want to know why? Because I, too, have been changed by the challenges of war, by the responsibilities of leadership in a conflict situation, by the constant struggles.

Slag, I have built a complete base with my own hands because me and my team needed a place from where we could prepare for the coming battles. I´ll be damned to the smelter pools if I knew how I did it, and it isn´t perfect..." (Snaptrap shuddered as he remembered an incident the Seacons would later refer to as the `Sector 3 collapse´); "but still I did."

"War does not need purpose, War is purpose. Destroy and conquer, that is the Decepticon way. Not politics, not propaganda, not peace talk..." - Snaptrap got more furious with every word, his frustration at how things were with the Decepticons pouring out of him - "Look at the little Autobot behind me. Do you think he would ever have created anything like he did if he hadn´t been forced to do? And you, without the need for more warriors, you would have never even been built!"

Snaptrap calmed down a little, dropping his shield a fraction.

"But you´re right with one thing, Sunstorm. Petty feuds accomplish nothing. The Decepticons are divided beyond all reason. We have `strayed from the path´, if you will. All that infighting leads to nothing. We fight amongst ourselves while the Autobots revel in their peace. But peace is stagnation, and stagnation is death. And one day, a leader will arise who realizes this, who will reunite the factions into a single Decepticon army. It is our way to be led by the strongest warrior - not the most eloquent politician, not the most devious backstabber, only a true warrior. There had been a time when Megatron had been the embodiment of all our values, and if he´s anything like he was before, he will lead us again. But it doesn´t really matter who unites us, as long as it is done by a true Decepticon."

Snaptrap paused for a moment as a thought came to him.

"Sunstorm, you could come with me to the Seacon base. You could hunt with us, train with us, remember what it was like when you were sure of what you did, what you were. Slag, we could even reformate you, give you a form better suited to aquatic enviroments. Or not, whatever you want. Noone could follow you, prosecute you for your desertion. And even if they did, I dare them to face the might of Pirranacon underwater. Maybe there would be others who would join us there, who are sick of the infighting and want to get out of it until we have a single leader again."

"Come with me, Seeker. Prepare for the glorious days to come, and remember what it is like to be a true Decepticon!"

(ooc: sorry for the long post, but I had some spare time and got carried away a little. And it´s a way to take up some space in this idle thread, I suppose :p And the offer to reformate Sunstorm came up because I recently watched Beast Wars, and thought that the body of Depthcharge would look great as an undersea Seeker. "Seaker", hehe...)
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

(OOC: sorry for the delay, as the absenses thread says, haven't had internet access for a while, but I have regular access again and will be posting regularly now)

Huffer crumpled as Sunstorm's blast hit him in the gut. He wasn't built for fighting, dodging one overpowered Decepticon had been more than he could really handle for long, dodging two was impossible. Wheezing from the sting of the blast, he replied, "no one forces me to build anything."

He paused to breathe, half bent over, one hand holding his side.

"I live to engineer. The greatest thing I have ever achieved, lies around us in ruin."

Another pause for breath.

"He died retaking this planet for all of us. Not just Autobot, not just Decepticon. All of us. And you two psychos are surprised when I find you scavenging his corpse!? How do you expect me to respond?"
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Snaptrap turned his head sideways so he could talk to Huffer, but he wasn´t foolish enough to let Sunstorm completely out of his sight.

"This creation of yours is gone, live with it. At least, I am giving the parts I salvage a new purpose. If you live to engineer, as you say, you should see the Seacon Base, how the "corpse" as you call it gets reborn into something new, something powerful. I will even admit that "he" died while doing us all a favour, but there´s nothing left of him or his spark, just parts and machines to be used as a ressource - or as a hiding place, right light bulb?"

(ooc: for some reason, I like the idea of Snaptrap calling Sunstorm "light bulb", if you don´t like this nickname I´ll stop of course!)
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Huffer's eyes glowed red as he began to lose control again. He pulled his laser pistol from subspace. A pathetic weapon for this situation, but it was all he had, and he was far from thinking clearly anyway.

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to let you scavenge his body for your stupid base."
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Snaptrap turned half round, prsenting his flanks to Huffer and Sunstorm.

"Slag, this is getting rather bothersome with the two of you. If anyone of you lunatics wants to get slaged, just say it, so I can go on with my work!"
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Still wheezing from the blast to his stomach and in pain from the damage to his legs, Huffer leveled his pistol at Snaptrap.

"You can do whatever you want. I could care less. But you're not taking any more of Metroplex's remains."
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

"I guess I should say I´m sorry, but I´ll take what I want and do whatever I want with it, and no Autobot will tell me otherwise!"

With that, Snaptrap fired a volley of shots at Huffer, protecting himself with his shield from the Autobot´s gun as good as he could, but in his anger leaving his flank dangerously open to Sunstorm...
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Huffer dived out of the way...too slowly, firing off a shot reflexively as he did so. The shots hit him on the left part of his torso and along his left arm. He gasped in pain as he pushed himself back into a standing position and leveled his gun again.

"I said..."

Huffer paused to breath.

"...you're not taking any more parts from here."
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Huffers shot took a part out if Snaptrap shiled, the fragment bouncing off the Seacon´s head.

"Not bad, you show remarkable spirit for a mere engineer, Huffer. Of course, you know this won´t save you, don´t you? But maybe, if you keep up your fight, I might be satisfied by just taking your parts and leaving your precious scrap heap alone, at least for the moment."

Snaptrap aimed his gun at Huffer again, curious to see how long the Autobot would be able to fight, or even stand.

Razorclaw might be the cat, but this is MY mouse to play with!
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm had had it. It was obvious he wasn't getting anywhere with these two, and, well, he'd tried to warn them, hadn't he? With that, he aimed both cannons at the Seacon and fired. These were no warning shots and, while he didn't expect them to down the beast, he was hoping to at least stun it for a follow-up attack. The seeker kicked off and followed his shots, firing a wild shot somewhere in the vicinity of Huffer as he did so.
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Tyrant

(OOC: Assuming this is where we're supposed to be?)

Hooligan looked at Jury Rig, "So what're we supposed to find here? This place looks kind of deserted to me..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

The ship rumbled low over Tarn

"What we need is underwater" Jury Rig said
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Tyrant

Hooligan looked at Jury Rig and repeated, "Underwater?" Turning to Octane the Cyberjet whispered, "But all of us have airborne alternate modes! We need something like flippers, see? Or at least a submarine..."

Hooligan rummaged in his subspace pockets, searching for anything that might aid in the mission. Whoppee cushions? Nah. Gryo-blasters? Might help for enemies? Smoke grenades? If they work underwater... Permanent paint? Definitely no. Sugar? Not now... Hooligan looked at Octane, and considered placing sugar in the triple changer's fuel tank. That'll be a gag...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Tyrant

Octane looks back at Hooligan. "What're you looking at me like that for?"

Octane crosses his arms and shakes his head. "I'm going to tell you what we are going to do for one last time. Remeber it, because I hate to repeat myself. We're going to remodel the Underwater Base and turn it into a space station with a dock yard. This all in preperation for a possible Imperial attack."

Looking around him he says. "You'll have to realise that you are not with Megatron's Decepticons anymore and that you have allied yourself with Gigatron. No more mindless destruction."
Classicor
Protoform

Post by Classicor »

Victory Square

Sunstorm´s shots hit Snaptrap unawares, searing two painful wounds into his side. Again, the Seacon leader transformed into his turtoise mode.

"Shoot me in the back, would you? Glad to see you show your true Decepticon colozrs after all. Too bad I will have to crush you for this, you would have been useful!"

With that, Snaptrap began a slow advance on Sunstorm, firing shells from his dual barrelled sonic cannon at the Seeker like some sort of four legged assault tank.

The enigineer will have to wait for now; first I have to get this lunatic off my back...

The low rumbling sound of a spaceship could be heard from the direction of the Mitrhil Sea, echoing from the debris left by Metroplex´s fall.

Now, what is THIS?