Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Including anime, manga and comics films.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Re: Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Post by HeavyArms » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:18 am

The Lego Movie 2 70826 Rex's Rex-treme Offroader!

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 pm

I'm a sucker for Lego throwing in free sets with purchases, so I bought a couple of sets I had my eye on.

Lego Marvel 76127 Captain Marvel & The Skrull Attack
I really enjoyed the Captain Marvel film, and picked up her one and only Lego set (well apart from those SDCC exclusive things) and it's a lot more impressive than it looks. The Superhero line has always been good around the £20 price point, and so it continues here.The main build is a fancy military jet/ dropship looking thing and it's very nice. I love the design of this thing,its blocky and sleek at the same time. The missile launching system is neat, just using some upturned letterbox elements that you push in to launch the missiles. Sadly, there's only space for 1 minifigure in the thing. It's a shame the central section couldn't have been made a tiny bit wider to allow at least one extra figure to sit inside. The minifigures are okay, Captain Marvel and Nick Fury are good,but the Skrull seems a bit cartoony compared to the aesthetic of the creatures in the film. The inclusion of Goose the cat is a nice touch :)

Lego Ninjago 70676 Lloyd's Titan Mech
A lot of the Ninjago stuff leaves me cold, it clearly does gangbusters for Lego, but I think it's one of those toylines that you really have to be a kid to properly get into and understand. Every now and then it throws out a cool set which piques my interest, and following the impressive Ninjago Movie Mechs is this thing. I loved the old Exo-Force line, so everytime one of these mech suits pops up in Ninjago, I'm interested. Part Gundam-Part Eldar Titan, this is a really nicely designed mechanoid. It's a really nice, solid figure once put together. Only a lack of knees hampers some otherwise impressive articulation. Lloyd himself looks a little exposed in the pilot seat and could have done with a windscreen or something to give him some protection. The wings on the back can detach to form a very unconvincing flying thing. Set also comes with some nice villains (as well as Zane in an amusing spinning power blast thing), which whilst great, seem hopelessly out matched by this thing. I really like these blizzard warriors, with their molded transparent ice armour and frozen features. I'd love to build an army of these guys, they're that good!

Lego Ideas 40335 Space Rocket Ride
This is cute. It's one of those things you stick a few coins in and your kid can sit and ride it, whilst it simulates flying and what have you. Has a simple geared mechanism that allows it mimic the real thing. A great freebie!

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:30 am

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76126 Avengers Ultimate Quinjet - 20% off because of sale.

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:57 am

The Lego Movie 2 70837 Shimmer & Shine Sparkle Spa! &

The Lego Movie 2 70842 Emmet's Triple-Decker Couch Mech!

The two Lego Movie sets were bought during Big W's Toy Sale.

Lego Harry Potter 75951 Grindelwald´s Escape &

Lego Harry Potter 75952 Newt´s Case of Magical Creatures

These were on clearance at Myer.