[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Enterprise of Great Pitch and Moment (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science labs

"hmmm we'd need a spark , the main bottle neck is the artificial spark creation. If I had a spark to split then we could ramp up production to 250 units a day."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Laboraties, Fearless

"We need a volunteer, then." Scorponok said noncommitally. "Will the volunteer survive the process?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Labs

Stratus shook his head

"most probably not, and if they do he'll probably be screaming mad."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Science Laboratories, Fearless

Cyclonus quickly reviewed the duty roster, balancing each Decepticon's usefulness in the coming battle against their likely resilience to what Stratus was going to have to put them through. But he shook his head and dismissed the idea almost as soon as it had formed. He wouldn't put any of his fellow Decepticons through this. The Matrix had chosen him to lead them to salvation, not sacrifice them to a slow, lingering death.

The Matrix...had chosen him. The sacred vessel of the Decepticon leadership had anointed him, shaped him inside and out to be the instrument of its' will. Even now, thousands of kilometres away, it whispered promises to him of glory, victory and rebirth. But the one thing it hadn't promised was that his road was going to be an easy one.

Setting his jaw, Cyclonus stepped forward and said, "You have your volunteer. You can begin the procedure whenever you're ready."

Corridors, Fearless

"Actually," Spinister confessed, "It would be a good idea if I visited the armoury myself."

The Targetmaster keyed in his passcode to open the door, and then he and his two Nebulan partners followed Hyperdrive into the weapons lockup.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?" he asked, as he offhandedly returned the salute of the noncom who was guarding the room from intruders.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Armoury, Fearless

Hyperdrive shrugged at Spinister as he followed the Targetmaster into the armoury. "Dunno. My last weapon was a missile launcher, but that didn't work out so well. I guess since we're hunting Imps, there'll be a lot of them, so I'm taking a machinegun. Rapid fire stuff, you know."

The ex-Micromaster walked to a rack and selected one of the guns there randomly. "We're on a tight schedule, right? Can't choose too long. You here for anything, air boss?"

Scorponok raised an optic at Cyclonus volunteering himself. It was so unexpected of the Unicron spawn to be so altruistic... but while Scorponok respected Cyclonus' choice, he was too valuable to lose.

"Have you lost your mind? We could easily round up some idiot. Like that Repugnus. Or one of the Micromasters. Or Fangry. Or maybe we could hunt down an empty... we can't afford to lose you now, Cyclonus. Not at this point."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Armoury, Fearless

Spinister didn't answer Hyperdrive directly. Instead, he walked to a sealed weapons case at one end of the armoury. After giving it a few seconds to read his ID tags, he popped the chest open and removed a pair of the variable-yield nuclear fusion bombs that he favoured. The Targetmaster slipped them into his bomb pods, which were built into his shoulders, then turned back to Hyperdrive.

"I'm ready now," he said. "Are you?"

"You won't lose me," Cyclonus told Scorponok. "I might look like a normal Transformer on the outside, but I'm not. I was built by Unicron. My biology is very different from yours, and that includes my spark. I am far, far more resilient than you would give me credit for."

It was the truth, as far as it goes, but not the whole truth. Cyclonus wasn't stupid enough to say that to anyone.

"I don't intend on dying, thank you."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab Fearless

Stratus spoke.

"I could simplify the design if I removed the triple changing element I could increase production rate considerably. Now if you just hop up on theslab I can start to connect the equipment."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Armoury, Fearless

"I'm ready, air boss." Hyperdrive told Spinister. He had two machineguns slung over his back, and bandoleers of ammunition crisscrossed over his torso. Strapped to his waist was the bloodstained dagger he had used earlier in Protihex.

"Let's rock and roll."

Scorponok opened his mouth to protest, but stopped. It was Cyclonus' life, his to play around with as he saw fit. He searched Cyclonus' optics for a sign of defeat, of simply trying to search for an easy way out, but only found steely determination.

The Headmaster shrugged. "If you think you can take it, then, by all means do it. We need this done as soon as possible."

Scorponok turned to Stratus and nodded. "Yes, do that. Some should transform only into jets, while some into tanks. That way we have both airborne and infantry units."

The Headmaster's optics narrowed as he whispered to Stratus. "Do not let this spawn of Unicron die."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Armoury, Fearless

Spinister led Hyperdrive out of the armoury. "Then we should move. There isn't a moment to spare."

He headed toward the hangar, anticipating the coming confrontation with something very close to eagerness.

Cyclonus set himself down on the slab like Stratus requested, doing his best not to show any fear. He nodded his agreement with Scorponok's instructions, then said, "You may begin."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Fearless

"Yup." Hyperdrive trotted behind Spinister, a sick grin on his face as he snagged a bandoleer of frag grenades on the way out. He was excited to see the Mayhem Attack Squad... they were... legendary.

Scorponok stepped back, folded his arms and scowled, waiting for Stratus to begin the procedure on Cyclonus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Spinister arrived in the hangar fully expecting to see the troops he'd summoned. Instead he was greeted with an empty room.

Over the comm, he snarled with annoyance, "Submarauder, Ruckus, Bludgeon, where are you?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Hyperdrive looked around, and shrugged at Spinister. "Only three? I mean, Bludgeon's a demon and all, but you said we were bringing the whole Mayhem Attack Squad." The ex-Micromaster evidently lost interest in that however, as he strode towards a nearby shuttle. "I'll prepare the shuttle for take off and stuff."

Saying that, Hyperdrive disappeared into one of the shuttles.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"I summoned the entire team," Spinister told Hyperdrive, "for all the good it did us." The air commander was clearly annoyed by now, and not interested in small talk while his troops were acting like delinquents.

(OOC: Come on, guys, you're killing me. :( )
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Submarauder Rushed into the bay and stopped in front of Spinister. Giving a sharp salute the Pretender spoke to the Air commander.

"I apologize for my tardiness sir. I was just undertaking repairs in the Medbay."

The Decepticon Glanced around the empty bay. "Is there a situation sir?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle, Fearless

"Imperials are attacking Protihex. We's gonna be killing them." Hyperdrive shouted to Submarauder from inside the shuttle.

Training Area, Fearless

"You hear that?" Sixshot asked Bludgeon and Black Battle Convoy. "We are summoned." The hexchanger transformed into beast mode, landed on the ground, and without another word dashed out of the training area, knocking down Repugnus in the process as he bounded towards the shuttle bay.

"Now that's rude." Repugnus growled. He turned to Crankcase. "Hey, Blue, betcha there's something big coming up."
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: sorry!

Post by Springer85 »

Med Bay, Fearless

"I'm on my way," Ruckus said in response to Spinister. "I just came out of the CR-Chamber so give me a few kliks."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"Very well," Spinister told Ruckus over the comm, "but come as quickly as you can."

Nodding curtly to the newly-arrived Submarauder, the air commander expanded on what Hyperdrive had said, "Yes, there is. The Imperials have invaded Protihex, with a force large enough to take the entire city before moving outward into the rest of Cybertron. Lord Gigatron has assigned us to assist the locals, gather information and report back to him."

Tilting his head to one side slightly, Spinister added, "I read your report from your most recent rescue mission. You encountered the enemy in Tarn as well, I gather?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Sixshot bounded into the room, growling as he transformed into robot mode. He ignored all other Decepticons in the room, singling out Spinister as the one who first summoned him. "Where will we be deployed, Air Commander?"

Repugnus (with presumably Crankcase in tow) tottered into the hangar bay as well, grinning. "Looks like we have a par-tay! Can I join?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Ruckus arrived at the Hangar Bay and rolled his shoulders a few times. He was still a little stiff from being repaired, but at least he was still functioning. He should be happy. He was beaten to the last inch of his life by Imperials and he's aching for some payback.

Ruckus walked up to Spinister and saluted him. "Ruckus reporting for duty."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Hangarbay, Fearless

"An Imperial invasion. Do we even have the forces to meet such a threat, sir?" Submarauder watched as the other Decepticons entered the bay and gathered round. "Are resources seem streched thin with the current division of the army and are many other concerns."

When Spinister mentioned the recent mission in Tarn Submarauder remembered the little souvenir he had taken and withdrew it from subspace.

"Yes sir, It seems the Imperials have deployed forces of undetermined size and purpose into the wastes of Tarn. All I was able to recover was this piece of chest plating from one of the Imp's I killed." Offering the charred piece of metal to the Air commander the Pretender added. "It has a number of insignia visible on it's surface. Some of which I recognize as indicating rank but the others are unknown to me."