[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Post by Warcry »

Once a great city, Kaon has fallen upon dark times. As many different factions jostle for control of the city or simply lash out blindly looking for revenge, Kaon's economy has faltered, her infrastructure has fallen apart, and her people have died terribly. Even with Megatron's dominance a forgone conclusion, no one is giving up, and countless more may die before the city has a chance to return to peace.

"Everybody has the right to create for himself his own ideology and to attempt to enforce it with all the energy of which he is capable." -- Benito Mussolini
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Enroute to Communications Hub #2

Vindicator suddenly became more aware of how dangerous this mission was, the fact that Reverb had spotted other bots off in the distance made him very worried and this mission much more complicated.

“Do they look heavily armed or dangerous? Can you see any insignia? Have they spotted us yet ?" Vindicator barked at Reverb.

It was this kind of moment when Vindicator regretted picking a tank as his alternate form.

He needed to see who these other bots were so he decide how to approach this situation. He couldn't just open fire on these contacts though at this point it seemed like the easiest solution to the problem he now faced. Though doing this would mean he would be disobeying direct orders from Megatron to have any loyal Decepticons he finds join the ranks.

What should I do? he thought to himself.
Unfall

Post by Unfall »

Foundry Tunnels

Tantrum stopped short of Stratus as his front-left leg's joint had collapsed, due to his previous damage from several fights previously in the campaign. "Grr, you could have gotten off easy Stratus" "I was going to kill you quickly, but it looks like we'll be taking our time here." mumbled Tantrum as he transformed into robot mode. The other to Preds followed suit in transforming, not wanting to anger Tantrum any further. "I'll go find Razorclaw perhaps then we can go destroy those clones" said Divebomb flying ahead.
avatar made by maximus prime from tfworld2005 http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... hread.html
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

[ B]foundry[/B]

Lathe coughed

"don't think he's cough unhinged cough no history before Straxus rule."

tunnel

stratus staggered under the incoming onslaught. lashing out with the axe.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"In order: yes, they've got a lot of guns. No, I don't see any insignia, although a few look like they used to have. And no they haven't see us," Reverb told Vindicator. "But that last one is going to be a yes really soon if we keep approaching out in the open like this."

Reverb wasn't much of a soldier, but he at least knew that much.

"I'd recommend getting something between us and them, sir, if you want to surprise them."

Tunnels

Acid Storm tried to duck the axe strike, but he wasn't quite quick enough and it clipped off part of his right wing. He growled some inarticulate slur, then responded by trying to shoot the close-range enemy in the face.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry Tunnels

Misfire grunted as the axe hacked off part of his makeshift bludgeon, and another strike chipped his left hand. "So, Straxus cosplayer, you wanna play rough? Let's play rough!" turning to Tantrum, the targetmaster said, "Tantrum, he's the head honcho of the clones that nearly killed us just now! Hold no punches!" the Targetmaster followed suit in delivering an uppercut towards Stratus's stomach.

Detour, for his part, had climbed on top of a bunch of discarded crates and opened fire with his pinprick handguns, aiming towards Stratus' left knee.

Some distance away in the underground foundry, Aimless continued firing on the Overbites with little effect.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunels

Stratus staggered away damaged. He transformed and ignited his engines, afterburners filling the tunnel with flame.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Foundry

There was a soft groan; metal failing...

Jaggor noticed the badly damaged chrome vat shift, spotted that one of the supporting spars was not going to hold much longer. He grabbed up his second rifle from beside the crippled body of Lathe and grunted at his words, which seemed to confirm his conjecture.

"You're coming with me," he said, rising to holster both guns over his back before bending to seize Lathe by the literal scruff of the neck.

And the vat shifted a fraction more...

~~~

"How close are they?" Dark Walk gasped to Aimless, referring to the group of Overbites who must surely be on their heels.

Oddly enough, it never occurred to Dark Walk to abandon the exoform. Nor that that exoform was actually an Overbite.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Veterans' Hospital

"Say what, 'mission?" Transcan asked, surprised by his friend's sudden remark.

Retro froze in the open doorway, his back-mounted jets emphasising a shudder. "You're reading my appointment log?" he swung, staring at the helicopter. "It's locked!"

Transcan gave a not very reassuring grin. "Transmission's been with me long enough to pick up a few tricks," he said. "So: what about triple-changers?"

~~~

"No centralised security system. Main door controlled by single panel access. All other doors have recognition scanners. A bit out-of-date, but effective, yes, messire?" Solder said to Blackjack and Zephyr, hoping to explain any further delay.

He was about to withdraw from the reception desk when he spotted a small row of lights had become active. "The Medical Log is being scanned remotely!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

The thought of heavily armed enemies worried Vindicator, the last thing he needed was to get into a shoot out. Though Reverb had only spotted a few of them he wouldn't be surprised if they had back up.

He also became concerned at how they appeared to be loading up equipment or weapons. He didn't know what they were loading but the fact that they were armed was bad enough. This meant they may have something valuable. If they had raided the area then they could have stolen communications equipment from Hub#2.

He had to find out what those bots were doing without putting Reverb or Relay in harms way.

"I suggest you land if you don't want to be spotted and shot at." Vindicator said to Reverb as he transformed.

"We will move through those ruins on foot so we can get closer to them with out being spoted. Do you have any weapons on you?" He asked Reverb.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veteran's Hospital

"Effective, yes. Too effective, if you ask me..." Blackjack saw Solder pointing at the lights, and asked, "Medical log, what medica-"

Thinking about medical logs, a thought entered Blackjack's mind and he immediately jumped beside Solder, talking frantically, "Have Ransack and the two news-mechs arrived here? Ask this Retro, hurry!" the Micromaster said, panic in his optics. If anything happens to them...

Foundry, Tunnels

"Oh f-" Detour ducked down the crates as they were engulfed in the stream of flame that Stratus expelled.

Misfire, meanwhile, had thicker armour and the flame didn't injure him other than melting his paintjob and fusing the circuity in his open wounds recently inflicted by the clones and the axe. "Not going away that easily! Divebomb, Acid Storm, let's jet!" the Targetmaster transformed into jet mode and rocketed off after Stratus. One afterburner sputtered out smoke, and the Decepticon seemed to limp in the air as he pursued Stratus.

Aimless shouted to Dark Walk, "My fire's holding them back, but it's not damaging them. Can't you walk through walls? I could escape easily through ventilation ducts, we could rendezvous somewhere..." Preferrably outside... the Nebulan added in his mind.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hospital

Transmission looked guilty

"Mark 1 encryption programme you're practically asking for it to be read. I f I was you I'd upgrade. There are cracker programmes exchanging hands for a few shannix that would cut through that like a thermo sword through alumminium. Remember that expose we did Trans."
Unfall

Post by Unfall »

"GET BACK HERE!" bellowed Tantrum at the fleeting image of Stratus. He then pulled out his catalytic carbine and began firing randomly at him. Unfortunately for Tantrum he is a terrible shot and the shots impacted the walls. This only succeeded in making him angrier. Ignoring the pain in his leg he transformed and began firing the one thing he was accurate with, his electrified horns.

(ooc: What happened to Razorclaw and Rampage?)
(ooc: sorry dude, I thought that Stratus was just a drone)
avatar made by maximus prime from tfworld2005 http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... hread.html
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"You're the boss." Reverb transformed to robot mode, letting Relay fall gently to the ground as he did. As he landed, he pulled out a pair of virtually factory-new rifles out of subspace.

"I've got a cryo-rifle and a heat ray, sir," he told Vindicator, doing his best to look like he actually knew what he was doing with the guns. "Nothing heavy like you. Working in the hub, we weren't allowed any weapons that could damage the equipment with a stray shot."

Tunnels

(OOC: "Straxus cosplayer"? Blackjack, I salute you! :D)

Acid Storm half-ducked the spray of flame, but he was more interested in trying to pepper Stratus' engines with laser fire.

"I can't fly!" he barked to Misfire. "You two will have to catch him!"

(OOC: Unfall, it's up to optimuskids to decide whether or not any of Tantrum's shots hit Stratus, and what damage it would cause if they did. Could you edit your post to take out the hit?)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: that phrase just sort of popped into my mind. Still, it's cute! :p )

Tunnels

Detour watches as Tantrum and Acid Storm began peppering the fleeing form of Stratus with fire. "Payback time, slagger." Detour shouted, transforming into car mode and rocketing off onto the tunnel walls. He was a yellow blur as inbuilt momentum enhancers caused him to actually ride the walls. As he ran out of momentum, Detour launched himself off the walls, transformed and landed on Misfire's left wing.

"HEY!" The Targetmaster complained, but he kept following Stratus.

"Quit complaining! Unless you can punch him in the air, you can't exactly hurt him. I can." Detour said, climbing into Misfire's broken cockpit. Time to use an old trick. "Fly in and launch your seat with me onto him." (OOC: this idea is Warcry's fault. ;) )

"Are you sure? You're the cowardly-"

"Do it." Detour said, face grim with determination. He won't run from this enemy. The Decepticons got him outnumbered, and Detour wanted payback. Misfire swooped in after Stratus, wind howling around him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Status weaved but lacked room for manoeuvre dropping lower as more damage pocked his fuselage. His undercarriage scraped the floor of the tunnel sparks flying. One thruster faltered, coughing and stuttering.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

"Who?" Solder asked, watching the log-light blink off and stay off. He looked again at Blackjack, his confusion unfeigned. "Ransack? Newsmechs? I can ask, Retro, yes - but I can also read the log...?"

~~~

Retro did not like what this Transmission was hinting at. "No shranix to spare for upgrades," he said from the doorway, longing to bolt - not daring to. Perhaps if he offered some information? "There used to be a contingent of triple-changers in Kaon; result of some early experimentation by Lord Shockwave, I understand. Big, powerful units. Heavy wear on their transforming cogs left a lot of them needing regular Cybteronium resurfacing and they used to come here."

The medic shuffled backwards, putting a bit of space between himself and the two interrogators.

"You'd best talk to Lathe. He looks after them. Although..." Retro frowned, stared down at his feet for a moment. "I haven't seen Lathe in a while. Um, I need to go and open the security doors..."

Transcan nodded, dismissed Retro with a wave of one small hand.

"What's so interesting about triple-changers?" he asked Transmission. "Okay, these probably have an interesting history, but so what? They've never come out of Kaon to fight the Autobots."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Aimless' remark about walking through walls made Dark Walk stop in his tracks. Yes, I could do that... no one could harm me... He held up the Overbite's hands, the palms fluid stained from the injuries Aimless had accidentally inflicted. There had been pain... I felt it...

Frankly, it was an adventure to feel again.

"Keep moving," he told the Nebulan, suddenly aware just how much he wanted to retain this exoform.

But he had lingered too long. Two shots clipped his left shoulder.

~~~

With a grunt, Jaggor hefted Lathe away from the collapsing vat and sprang after.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Registering that he was falling, Relay jerked awake. He was nowhere near as rested as he would have liked, but he transformed all the same through reflex as he landed on the rough roadway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veteran's Hospital

"They were supposed to be here a coupla megacycles ago." Blackjack elaborated to the confused Solder. "Ransack's a Decepticon. Injured during Kolkular's explosion. The newsmechs... three- no, two- of them. Neutrals, part of the CBC. Transmission and Transcan, I believe. They were supposed to be here..."

Frowning, Blackjack continued, "I suppose you could read the log... might contain some information?"

Foundry

Aimless grunted as a few shots from the Overbites slammed onto his armour. "I'm moving, I'm moving!" He screamed, activating the rockets on his gun mode's rear and shooting off above Dark Walk.

Tunnels

Misfire, with Detour in him, spun around 180 degrees in the air, so that he's flying upside-down, and reached the damaged Stratus, who was scraping the ground.

"And now you lose, bastard! Misfire, now!" Detour shouted, as Misfire jettisoned him onto Stratus's damaged form. Landing in a crouch on Stratus' body near the engines, Detour began to fire his pinprick handguns towards the engines.

Misfire transformed and dropped down onto Stratus, hands outstretched, balled into fists, and he aimed a punch onto Stratus' centre of mass, trying to pin him down to the ground. "Come on, guys! Pin him down! I ain't gonna let some knockoff get the better of me!"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Outside of Communications Hub#2

From inside the ruins Vindicator could hear the scavengers talking to each other as they loaded up there transports. He could hear them but he couldn't make out what they were saying. He took a look out from behind some cover and could see that they didn't just have weapons in the transport it appeared they had computer equipment in there as well though he wasn't sure if it was anything they needed.

Staying low and moving slowly Vindicator tried get a better look at the area with out alerting the scavengers.

Reverb had been right these scavengers were loyal to no one. They had no marking suggesting they belonged to any factions. Trying to bargain with them wouldn't be an option.

As he moved further into the building he could see the Communications Hub was just across the road from where he was. Looking back he motioned for Reverb and Relay to follow him into the building.

"Stay low and stay quiet."He said quietly to Reverb and Relay.
"It appears as though they may have already raided the communications hub. And if they have there may be a chance that they have already taken the equipment we need. We need to plan our next move very carefully." Vindicator whispered to Reverb and Relay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Y-yes, sir," Reverb told Vidicator. The technician was terrified of the prospect of battle, but even more than that, he was terrified of being seen as a coward. He would do his duty, no matter what.

Following Vindicator deeper into the building, he looked around at several small offices and storage rooms that had been picked clean, their doors left open to display toppled bookshelves, broken filing cabinets and bare desks.

"Whoever they are," he whispered, "they're thorough."

Tunnels

Acid Storm ran as fast as his damaged, mangled body would carry him, trying to catch up with the falling Stratus.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Communications Hub #2

Relay had had a lot of experience of creeping and hiding; when the 'Cons attacked and you carried no real weapons, staying down and staying safe was the best option... But he could put up a fight if he had to. Blaster had made sure all his communications mechs received basic hand-to-hand and simple weapons training.

Yes, the raiders had been thorough - no gear, no spares, no slag...

"The Autobots always have an armoury and an essential parts locker," he whispered to Vindicator, adding without any rancour: "Well, you probably know that!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Veterans' Hospital

"Read the log," Solder muttered and wasted no time locking in. Same old protocols. Retro would never consider changing anything and, no doubt, would never bother wasting hard lucre on replacing practical programming that still worked.

Normal stuff. Lots of boring normal stuff. The Hospital treated a lot of damaged mechs after Megatron's initial attack on Kaon (was it that long ago? almost ancient history!), mainly Decepticons, but a whole load of citizens. Quite a few still seemed to be on the register. Odd. Probably Retro forgot to remove them when they left or... Stores that low? Wow... Nine triple-changers? Where did they come from? They booked to see Lathe... Lathe? Ah, the medical student! The accounts are looking bad...

"Nothing here, messire Blackjack, about Ransack or any others." He shrugged. "Oil doesn't spill itself. Maybe Retro had no time to book anyone in."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Dark Walk took a half dozen more shots in the back and he staggered. In normal circumstances, the Overbite would have instigated a self-repair sub-routine and dropped out of action until the its systems stabilised, but Dark Walk had no inclination to stop. And, besides, he had quite simply forgotten about such corporeal things as repairs!

From up ahead came a tremendous crash. "What!" he cried. Having no option, he continued towards the inner foundry area and hoped that Aimless, who had overtaken him, would find out what was happening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]