[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Veteran’s Hospital

Vindicator follewed not far behind Zenith to the morgue. “Hopefully we won’t have to search more than one of these rooms to find those body bags.” He replied to the tripled changer.

As much as Vindicator hated this job, he had to admit that it certainly was easier than having to deal with all the civilians and wounded or having to explain to Megatron how he failed to find and kill that medic. He was not looking forward to having that conversation.

“By the way, where was Downdraft headed off to as we were leaving?” he asked Zenith.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Transmission nodded slowly and seriously

"He sure looks like hes gone native."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Outside the Hospital:

Thundercracker: -getting to his feet, firing his last cluster rocket at the spot Ramjet just bounced off of- "'Screamer might've been a pain, but at least he showed up." -adding fire from his arm cannons at the back of Razortail's right knee-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Thundercracker's last missile exploded against Razortail 's knee, and the massive Decepticon tumbled forward onto the ground. Clench's shots started to hit him in the right arm and midsection, blasting away chunks of badly-damaged armour with each hit.

Razortail snarled, then fired a missile at each of the two attackers.

Now in robot mode, Ramjet pushed himself up off the ground, crouched to stabilize his aim and started to fire laser blasts into the gaps that Clench and Thundercracker had opened in the behemoth's armour.

"And just what's that s'posed ta mean, TC?"

Veterans' Hospital

Megatron watched Relay's introduction appreciatively.

It's nice to get good press from someone other than the Propaganda Department for once...

I can, Soundwave 'thought' at Blackjack, but I try not to.

When he was sure the medic in question was out of earshot, he switched back to speaking. "Using my communications to suite broadcast directly into a brain module is like using a laser cannon to etch a circuit board. You can do it, but if you're not extremely careful you melt what you're aiming at. It's marginally more useful for brainwashing than for communications."

He glanced over in the direction Retro had headed, then shrugged. "Like you, if he returns our men intact I have no further interest in him."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Outside the Hospital:

Thundercracker: -dodging the missile, firing his arm cannons at the holes in Razortail's armor- "It's simple, Ramjet. Starscream might'a been whiny, cowardly, scheming, and all of that, bossing us around simply because he could..... but at least he would have been here to do that!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Razortail transformed back to scorpion mode, shedding a lot of damaged armour as he did so but hiding most of his badly-damaged sections away from his attackers.

"Sweet Primus, yer still on about Tracer?" Ramjet asked Thundercracker. "You know what? Since ya miss him so much, I'll make sure he gives you a big hug when we get back."

Ramjet hopped over Razortail's now-truncated tail when the larger Transformer swung it at him, then ran up it and started firing lasers straight down on the big Transformer's 'tailbone', hoping to either cut the tail off entirely or fuse it in place.

"Go fer the joints, TC!" he shouted. "Maybe that'll do the job better!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside the Hospital

Once he regained his bearings, Heatstroke launched several more phosphorus grenades at Razortail, adding to the pretty little flames that the other Decepticons' attacks caused.

Veterans' Hospital

Blackjack shrugged at Soundwave, until the communications officer made the comparison with using a laser cannon onto a circuit board. -Touche, big guy...- Blackjack thought dirtily. "But yes, I suppose it sounds quite loud. Then again, you've had millions of years to perfect this skill of yours..."

"As for Retro, well, he better return our men." Blackjack shook his head, and sighed, changing the subject. "Where are we going from now? Polyhex?" the Micromaster asked.
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench hit the ground as the missle from Razortail roared past his head, impacting somewhere behind him. Clench heard Ramjet's advice, but he was lost in a battle craze, and didn't comprehend it. He watched as the Seeker ran up the larger bot's body and started firing into him. Clench swung his repeater down, not wanting to hit Ramjet, and focused his fire towards Razortail's legs, hoping to cause him to fall.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Razortail scuttled forward, avoiding the flames that Heatstroke was shooting his way. He couldn't avoid Clench's repeater, though, and two of the metal scorpion's comparatively delicate legs were blown off. He started to head in Clench's direction, but moving far slower than he was a few seconds ago.

Veterans' Hospital

Soundwave nodded. "Indeed. We need to return to Polyhex as soon as we can. I was reluctant to even leave Darkmount to come here, frankly."

He wasn't about to tell Blackjack why, of course, so he just said vaguely, "We still haven't recovered from the Imperial attack a few weeks ago."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside the Hospital

Heatstroke scowled, landing some distance away from Razortail flank, launching fireballs at the scorpion's legs, aiming to let the flames burn the amputated ends of the scorpion legs. Heatstroke knew first hand how burning an exposed nerve ending could hurt...

Veterans' Hospital

Blackjack's optics narrowed. "An Imperial invasion? Aren't we the Empire- oh. Oh. You mean those second-rate descendants of ours that think they are so high and superior to us? I heard of them. Blew up a human city or something, and there was this whole mess about the Swarm."

The Micromaster shrugged, and began ticking off Kaon's situation on his fingers. "In any case, it hasn't really been uneventful here. We had Kolkular blown up by saboteurs, two separate attacks by Gigatron loyalists, a coup d'etat attempt by an ancient general named Corvus, a loony who apparently thinks he's Straxus with some complex plan of brainwashing the population with sublimal images and sending reprogrammed Quintesson drones to invade Polyhex. Plus, the oh-so-mysterious denizens of this hospital."

The Micromaster shook his head. "Believe me, it isn't as farfetched as it seemed. Read my mind. Or rather- read his." Blackjack jerked a thumb at Detour, rapt in awe at watching Relay some distance away, not aware of Soundwave and Blackjack's discussion. "He battled the Straxus wannabe personally, according to him."
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

"Why won't you just die already?" Clench roared firing a few last shots off before transforming into his truck mode. Channeling his inner Motor Master, the Obliderator decided, in what was admittedly a bold and reckless action, to charge Razortail and see which would win - the immovable (so far) object, or the unstoppable force.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Razortail recoiled from Heatstroke's flames, which meant that when Clench drove into him, the giant scorpion came back down right on top of the Decepticon truck. Unable to dislodge himself, he flailed his extremities in an attempt to flip over.

Ramjet used his foot thrusters to blast away from Razortail when the other Decepticons started to attack.

"He's stuck!" he bellowed. "Someone just shoot 'im in the head already!"

Veterans' Hospital

Soundwave listened silently to Blackjack's litany of disasters, a small kernel of rage growing a little bigger with every word that he heard. When the Micromaster was done talking, he said, "I have no reason to doubt your report, and I seriously question whether anything inside Detour's head would be worth sifting through a lifetime of banalities to find. Now if you'll excuse me..."

He walked away after that, heading straight for Megatron.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside the Hospital

Heatstroke winced as Razortail flipped over Clench. "My flame can't burn him with you so close!" The pyromaniac Seeker called out.

Veterans' Hospital

Blackjack shrugged at Soundwave as he walked over to Megatron. "Suit yourself, big guy." the Micromaster called out half-heartedly, not expecting a reply. He wanted to eavesdrop on the conversation, but with Soundwave's mental-reading capabilities around... Blackjack shrugged and walked away from the two faction leaders, watching as the Decepticon civilians and warriors trickled out of the hole on the side of the Hospital.

Sighing, Blackjack stretched and winced as a displaced joint on his hip (courtesy to the battle with that nautical maniac) popped back into place.

They were leaving Kaon, which was a good thing. Despite being Decepticon capital at one point, Kaon had just as good as fallen from grace, what with Kolkular having been blown up and the city being carved up by the bureaucrats. And it simply was too dirty, way too down-trodden for Blackjack's tastes. For someone who spent most of his time in Cybertron in the capital cities of Polyhex and Helex, Kaon did not look much of a military stronghold, although he supposed it had seen its share of battles to tear it apart until it was no longer feasible as a proper base, really.

To think that the creep Backstab had vetoed for his to be put on probation! And that Hyperdrive drove it to temporary 'reassignment' (or exile) to Kaon by picking a fight! At this thought, the full weight of what had happened for the past few months — the break-up of the Patrol, Kolkular's destruction, battling against that wacky Corvus character, rescuing reporters, assembling the grunts and drones, remodeling Veterans' Hospital, trying to piece together the pieces of the puzzle, the Triple Changers, the ersatz loony medic that he salvaged from the corpse of the War Machine, the shifty geriatric Retroblast, the attack on the hospital by Gig-lovers... Blackjack sighed, shaking his head, smiling sadly. It felt good to be back in the thick of things...

And all this while, Detour had been by his side...

Stretching, he walked up to Detour and placed a hand on the yellow Micromaster's shoulder. "You need medical attention."

Detour turned around and scrutinized Blackjack. "Yeah, mebbe I do. But you're just as badly hit as I am. 'Least I know when to run away, boss."

Blackjack sighed, shaking his head, plopping to seat beside his long-suffering teammate. "How's the evac going on?"

"As nice as it could go. Misfire, his pet and that jell-o green Seeker have been gently carried off, and that's when I stopped caring. Those are the only guys that actually matter among the refugees." Detour shrugged, indicating Vindicator, Megatron and Soundwave. "Other than them, anyway. And us."

"Hmm."

After a moment of silence as a group of Decepticons carried the corpse of Shadowdancer away, Detour said, "So, how's Hugger and Hyperdrive?"

"Huh?" Blackjack asked, shaken from his temporary stupor.

"Don't act stupid, boss. I've known you longer than that. I bet you're in contact with Hugger and Hyperdrive. Are they coming back to us? Or what?" Detour asked, his normally chirpy tone sounding ragged and tired. "I normally don't care about these things, but those two are my friends too."

Blackjack shook his head, looking down towards the ground. After a moment, he said, "I'm still in contact with Road Hugger. You know I sent him to keep Hyperdrive out of trouble. But he's... he told me that he found his purpose, joined up with the Combaticons. He believed... believes he could make a difference out of my shadow. I agree with him."

"What- so you're letting Hugger go?" Detour asked, incredulous.

"Yes." Blackjack said, standing up. "It's one of the weaknesses of the Patrol system. People can't reach their true potential. Road Hugger has a bright future in front of him. He believes that he could make a difference in Protihex. If it's what he thinks... well, I can't stop him, right? It's a risk worth taking, and he believes in his cause. So long as he doesn't step on us."

Detour winced. "Step on us? He got an upgrade?"

"Yep."

"What about Hyperdrive?" Detour asked.

"Same thing. He stuck around with Road Hugger for a bit, but he left the Combaticons to join a bunch of Gigatron's guys. Hugger doesn't want to babysit the hyperactive maniac, but at least this way Hyperdrive would still be fighting." Blackjack's optics dimmed. "I hate that ungrateful glitch, but he's still one of us. One of the Sports Car Patrol."

Detour shrugged and nodded, not saying anything, catching the hint of something in Blackjack's tone.

"Only there isn't a Sports Car Patrol anymore, right?" Blackjack said, waving his hands. "Hyperdrive wants independence. He's tired of staying in my shadow. Road Hugger likes playing second, but evidently he finds a better future elsewhere. You, Detour... you single-handedly nearly defeated Stratus, if your report was true. That made me realize: you have potential. Don't waste it by constantly hiding behind me."

"What're you saying, boss?" Detour asked.

"I'm saying that you need to spread your horizons. As soon as we reach Polyhex, get the hell out of my shadow. Both of us... all four of us... we all need to try to test our limits. Find our own places in life. So long as we still remain true to our Decepticon heritage, it doesn't matter where we are, or what we will do. Besides, two Micros don't make a full patrol." Blackjack said. "As of now, I'm officially disbanding our Patrol. What's left of it."

Detour looked glum, downcast. "Where will I go? All my life I've followed you. I'm not like Hugger or Hyperdrive, I don't have what it takes."

"Bull." Blackjack snapped. "That fight you did in the tunnels? Didn't you win? Only to be denied a kill by an expected change in situation? You think you are a useless coward. But you are not. The coward bit is true, I'll admit, but a bit of cowardice could save your life. Go join diversionary tactics, or the security section, or an assault squad. It's not just you, Detour. I need to see what I could do with my life as well other than constantly trying to be a great leader."

Detour frowned, optics glossing over. "I'll miss you guys. You were the best Patrol-mates I could ever wish for."

"Don't make this sound so final. We'll still be working with each other. It's just that we won't always be working beside each other all the time" Blackjack said, then nodded with a sad smile. "If the Civil War ends, after all, all four of us will be together again."

Detour mulled over it, a mixture of sadness and excitement welling in his optics. Blackjack let his partner gather his emotions before Detour finally said, "What'll you do?"

"Dunno. Probably join Intelligence or something."

"So this is it, then. Blackjack? Won't say a lot. Just... thanks. For everything." Detour said, shaking his team leader's (or rather, ex-team leader) hand eagerly, optics tearing a little. "Good luck."

"Same to you. It's been fun. But everyone's got to leave their family some time..." Blackjack told Detour, and the two strode off towards the shuttle, one excited to carve his own personal path, the other satisfied with the burden of leadership so relinquished.
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench's attempt to to immobilize Razortail had been at least partially successful. As Razortail flopped around trying to get himself back upright, Clench backed out eachtime the weight on him lessened. He freed himself after a moment or two, and quickly put some distance between himself and his enemy.

"Light him up!" He commanded the Decepticons in the area, transforming and adding his own firepower to the mix.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Ramjet added his firepower to Clench's, aiming for Razortail's neck.

The larger Decepticon finally managed to land upright again, but the missing legs on one side of his body kept him stuck in place and the melted armour and ruined joints kept him from transforming. His weapons swung around looking for a target, but with so much firepower slamming into his head he wasn't able to see anything. His claws flailed around in frustration...for a few seconds, before the massed barrage melted through his brain module and he collapsed to the ground dead.

Veterans' Hospital

Soundwave came up beside Megatron and said, "We need to talk."

"Later," Megatron waved his hand dismissively. "I need to see to my troops."

"No," Soundwave replied forcefully. "Not later. Now. If I hadn't brought reinforcements you and all of your troops would be dead now. I think that earned me a few moments of your time."

Megatron's optics flashed momentarily with anger, but he said, "Very well, my friend. What is it?"

"The Imperials--" Soundwave began.

"Not this again," Megatron said wearily.

"Yes, this again," Soundwave told him. "They assaulted Darkmount, killed dozens of our men and caused half a billion shanix in damage."

"Far less than the damage Gigatron caused in his escape," Megatron responded.

"Admittedly yes," Soundwave said. "But then Thunderwing himself showed up in Stanix with an army of Imperials. They battered Cyclonus and his men, took the Decepticon Matrix and disappeared."

"Surely that's a good thing?" Megatron asked. "If someone wants to do our job for us by beating up on our enemies, then I'm certainly not going to stop them."

"Understood," Soundwave said. He was starting to get frustrated and was doing everything he could to hide it. He couldn't help but think, though, that Megatron could see right through him. "But they came here in our stolen Warworld. If we could get our hands on it we could bring Gigatron to heel in a day."

"Blowing a hole through Gigatron's head with my fusion gun would do the same," Megatron told him. "And my way doesn't involve a long drawn-out war with a third party."

"But--"

"No, Soundwave," Megatron told him. "My mind is made up. We will deal with the Imperials, but not until after we've put an end to Gigatron and his band of traitors."

"Sir, if I may--"

"You may not, Soundwave," Megatron snapped, making sure to keep his voice low enough that Relay's audio recorders wouldn't pick it up. "I'm willing to grant you a lot of leeway because you're an old friend, but don't forget your place. I won't have my decisions questioned, not even by you. Understood?"

Soundwave came to attention and saluted. "Yes, sir."

Then he walked away, seething under the surface.

Fine, he thought. We've given you every chance to come around. We've even orchestrated one thing after another to underline the threat. If you can see it, then what happens next is on your head.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Veteran’s Hospital

Vindicator followed Zenith to morgue. When they arrived he stopped for a moment before entering when he noticed that the sounds of gun fire outside had stopped.

“We’d better hurry, now that the battle outside is over we’ll probably be leaving Kaon soon and I would rather not keep everyone waiting for us to finish this job.” He said to Zenith ignoring the fact that the triple changer hadn’t answered his original question.

Not wanting to waste anymore time Vindicator began searching a group of lockers and storage containers for the body bags.
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

"That took entirely too long." Clench said to no one in particular. "If you need a medic, be quick about it. We still have work to do." He walked over to Razortail's body, admiring the other Decepticon's toughness. "A pity you fought on the other side of this conflict. You were an admirable foe."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Ramjet kicked Razortail's carcass in the head, then stepped over it and headed toward the shuttle.

"Well, this was the most fun I've had in weeks," he said to the group in general. "Who're we gonna get to drub next?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Train (from the Polyhex Silvercircuitmaster Station to Vet's Hospital)

Razorclaw transformed to robot mode and stood on the platform, ready to board the train. He had been tracking Stratus with Acid Storm and Misfire and some others. He stayed behind to set a trap for a small pack of Overbite Units that had been following them.

The door opened and he entered the train, giving a foul look to anybody that was in the train. A few commuters received a snarl and the quickly scurried away to another part of the train, leaving the entire compartment to Razorclaw alone.

Razorclaw sat down. No need to stand as that would only consume more energy. He wanted to go to sleep mode for a while until he had reached the Veteran's Hospital, but it was then that he sensed an incoming attack! Two remaining Overbite units came crashing through the window! Had Razorclaw not sensed the incoming attack, he wouldn't have been able to draw his sword just in time. He stabbed the first Overbite unit straight through its mid section! With the Overbite unit still folded (ooc: ? don't know the correct word) over his sword, he had only one hand free. He did manage to catch the Overbite unit by the neck, but the sharp claws on the Overbite's feet started to scratch away at Razorclaw's chest.

Razorclaw let he sword go and put his other hand around the Unit's neck too. He started to squeeze the life out of the Overbite unit while it was still kicking him in teh chest with its sharp tendons. Razorclaw eventually managed to crush the unit's neck and it stopped functioning shortly after. Faulty drones, he thought. Only good for cannon fodder and distractions. Such a waste of energy.

The train stopped and it had arrived at the station close to the Veteran's Hospital. Razorclaw picked up his sword and exited the train. He ingnored everybody that looked at him at the station and walked straight to the exit. Once outside, he transformed to beast mode and made his way towards the direction of the Hospital. On his way to the temporary base, he picked up various scents, some of them were familiar to him.He opened up a com link to contact one of his commanding officers. "Soundwave, this is Razorclaw reporting in."

(ooc: he reports to Soundwave, right?)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Veteran’s Hospital

Soundwave forced himself to dismiss his annoyance with Megatron long enough to answer Razorclaw.

"Where have you been and where are your Predacons?" he demanded. "We're in the middle of a war zone and you've been out of contact for days!"