[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Insolence of Office (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Mezzanine, Border Regions

"More like we want him to owe us one," Firecracker said, grinning obnoxiously. "Loose cannon like yourself, you know a guy like this isn't going to just help us out of the goodness of his spark. But if we save him from the gallows..."

He listened to Blades' explanation, nodding along. "We know what cell he's in, so that'll help too."

When Blades asked who they would be springing, he considered for a moment before feigning ignorance and shrugging. "Just some flier," he lied. "No one whose name really jumped out at me, anyway. But the boss says he's important, so I guess he's important."

He didn't want to mention that it was Slingshot. He didn't know exactly who Magnificus' associate was, but the transformation scheme and body layout screamed "combiner" and Firecracker didn't want to take the chance that he'd back out if their target was someone that would be able to ID him.

Border Regions

Sideswipe stopped at the nearest transit tube, then smiled at Drift when the other fighter caught up with them.

"Thanks for the backup," he told the swordsman. "Appreciated it."

He tilted his head toward Crosshairs, frowning. "He needs somewhere to dry out," he told Drift. "My lease got cancelled and all my stuff is in a storage locker, so I'm fresh out of places to go. You got any ideas?"

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Smokescreen shrugged, not acknowledging that Prowl was blatantly skirting the Repugnus issue.

"No, I think that's everything," he said calmly. "I'm glad we were able to solve both of our problems in one fell swoop. I'll be on my way, then."

Gathering his things, the SIS director headed out the door before Prowl could change his mind.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Border Regions

"We could go to my place." Drift said to Sideswipe as he transformed. "A small apartment. But it's kind of cramped, and filled to the brim with sharp stuff. Something you don't want, uh, a drunk to go crazy in. No offense."

The ex-Decepticon shrugged. "IMR, perhaps? Your military clearance- or his- should let us through the customs. Although I don't think they'll let me anywhere near Hot Rod... you heard what happened to him, right?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Border Regions

"I'd rather not explain why he's in the shape he's in," Sideswipe told Drift. "Especially since I don't know the half of it. The way those boys were roughing him up, he had to have done more than just get drunk and rowdy. Problem is, I don't know what. But I want to. You said it yourself, they're hiding something in there. I'm going to find out what, and I don't want Prowl catching wind of this until I have."

A train pulled up to their stop and he dragged Crosshairs onboard.

"Your place will have to do until we can get him cleaned up. Sorry."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Train

"Makes sense. My place is around this apartment district." Drift told Sideswipe, pointing to a section in the map as he hopped into the train behind the red Autobot, ignoring the curious glances from the onlookers.

"We need to round up a bunch of guys to investigate this, though. A sword-happy ex-Con, a dirty fighter and a half-drunk armoury officer aren't likely to be able to pull this off all by themselves." Drift said.
Chip1123
Protoform

Skies, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thank you Shortwave. Be there shortly." Ironfist responded back over the comm channel. "Jazz, medics will be waiting for us once we land. They are clearing a place for us now."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Mezzanine, Border Regions

"Loose cannon like me, eh? Sure ya don't know his name?" Blades smirked. "Pfft, yeah, sure," he rolled his optics up to the ceiling.

Blades quickly mulled over Firecracker's job opportunity, then shrugged.

"So that's all you need me for? To help coordinate your anonymous flyboy's escape?" a tinge of disappointment was in his voice. "Meh, whatever, I guess I'm game...but what's this other work you mentioned. Maggy here said 'community work', which usually means one thing -- You running some Anti-Con campaign or something?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon, underground

"Weak. Cold," carrier murmured to Sunstorm. "Am I dying?"

"Yes," said Glit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Train

"You got anyone in mind?" Sideswipe asked Drift.

Firecracker smirked. "You'd be interested in that, would you?"

He stretched his legs out, deliberately making Blades wait a few seconds for his answer. "We've got some ideas along that line, let me put it that way. But you're not getting any details, not yet. I want to see how you perform on our first mission before I decide if you're who we're looking for."

He fully expected that he'd be taking the ex-Autobot into his confidence later. He trusted Magnificus' choice of minions, and knew that an ex-ISS officer would be highly valuable to them. At the same time, he knew that his employer would be very upset if he spilled all their secrets at once to someone who wouldn't even give them his real name. How could they trust 'Graze' if the feeling wasn't mutual?

Plus, he suspected that being told that he'd have to prove himself would inspire the Autobot to put out his best effort at the prison. That was just the icing on the proverbial cake, though.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Blades, detecting that Firecracker was intentionally keeping his answers as vague as possible, quickly grew impatient -- despite the fact that he was also using the same strategy to gauge Magnificus' guest.

"Hrrrrrn, fine," Blades groaned. "So what's plan then? This isn't a one mech kinda job, y'know, and you haven't told me what role I'm playing."

(OOC: Well, it could be a one man job, I don't know what you have in mind.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Train

"Not really. Not without involving the ISS or the Wreckers." Drift told Sideswipe. "What about you? You've been here longer than I have."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

CR Cambers, IMR

Springer walked into the room with the CR Cambers . As he stopped and looked around, he wondered why there weren't so many doctors around. He figured that they must be busy with something else more important than an ex-Wrecker. He walked up to a CH-unit's console and started a program. "Alright let's see. Full restoration? Yes." Springer selects the option to fully restore him from his injuries he had sustained during his fight with Roadbuster.

He wondered if there was an ability to have his Autobot symbol restored and since he was in an Autobot facility, this CR-unit should have that ability. He scrolled through the options and most of them were minor upgrades and changes that he wasn't interested in. Scrolling all the way down, he found the Autobrand option. "Hmm... I doubt that they still have my profile loaded here. Guess I'll have to set the locations manually." As Springer set the program to run, the chamber opened and Springer stepped in. The door closed and the chamber started filling itself with a liquid substance.

Restoration program will start in five kliks. Duration: One Mega-Cycle.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OO: Come on guys, keep these guys moving))

Wing Saber, Skies, Iacon

Though he did not respond to what he was hearing, Wing Saber was somewhat releaved to hear Shortwave responding at Autobot base. Keeping on a steady course, it was not long before their desetination was finally visible in the distance.

"Make sure you're all secured," Wing Saber spoke to Jazz, Ironfist, and Searchlight. "Things may get a little rough when we land.

Medical Evac Ship, Skies, Iacon

Hound made sure to stay out of the way of the medics onboard the ship, but he still remained nearby to Bumblebee, and occasionally found himself pacing. He did not understand much about pretender shells, and it made him all that more concerned for his friend's condition.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Iacon, underground

Sunstorm's stiffened at Glit's reply. Panic. Despair. No. He wasn't dying. No. He wouldn't.

"No." Sunstorm said with finality, "He isn't."

Alright, Primus. Make or break. It's all on you now.

The Seeker placed his hand on Carrier's head, grit his teeth, and poured his energy into the injured mech....
Chip1123
Protoform

Wing Saber, Skies, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist walked towards the back upon hearing Wing Saber's alert. "Jazz, Need to get him secured to something if he can't move." He said, indicating Searchlight. "Might be a rough landing."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Train

"Not really. Anyone I call, they're either going to be too 'official', or they'll kill everyone there without asking any questions," Sideswipe said. "Prowl's out of the question, Grimlock and Magnus too. We need someone who's got practice at going under the radar."

"Not a one-man job, but close to it," Firecracker told Blades. "If you can slip us past the security checkpoints, I'll be able to spring him once we get to his cell."

That is, if the boss has covered his part of the plan...

"Then we're out again before anyone knows he's gone. Badda bing, badda bang."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Train

"The Wreckers and Springer are out, too. They're too destructive for what we have in mind anyway." Drift told Sideswipe. His optics brightened a little. "What- what about Jazz?" He asked, trying to make the statement sound casual, but it came out horribly strained instead.

Drift shook his head, as if regretting his earlier question, and gestured at Crosshairs. "How is he, anyway?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon, underground

"Wha..?"

Glit flinched backwards until his hind-quarters met a immoveable object (it was a small computer bank of some kind): Sunstorm was suddenly the source of a frighteningly bright effulgence. For an astrosecond, Glit thought the other mech had somehow caught fire, but then - his optic filters having dropped into place - he could see that this was, thankfully, not the case.

His scanners confirmed that Sunstorm was giving off no dangerous radiation whatsoever - only this awesome, pure, golden light. And it seemed that Sunstorm was unaware of what was happening.

Carrier, his gaze still fixed on Sunstorm's face, was so close as to be temporarily blinded as his optical array went protectively offline. He felt a gentle touch on his head and then his entire frame became filled with an almost intolerable, scouring power which bore his Spark to the height of ecstacy.

When he cried out: "Primus!", it was not a mere exclamation...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Train

"Sleeping like a protoform," Sideswipe told Drift. He pondered the other Autobot's suggestion, vaguely curious about why he seemed to dread Jazz so much but absolutely certain that he didn't want to know. "Yeah, Jazz would do the trick," he said after a while. "Once we get Sleeping Ugly here settled in, I'll give him a call."

The train started to slow down, and Sideswipe asked, "Is this our stop?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Train

"Yes, it is our stop." Drift told Sideswipe, the ex-Decepticon moving out of the train door as soon as it had opened, thankful that Sideswipe didn't question him about Jazz.

Part of him wanted to stop Sideswipe from calling Jazz, but the other part wanted this, one of his darkest nightmares, to be concluded.

"This way." Drift told Sideswipe, gesturing to a nondescript apartment building. "Need help dragging Crosshairs along?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Still not sure how you're expecting me to do that*. My ISS clearance is old. I doubt it'll still work," Blades told Firecracker. "But fine, whatever, you're the man with the plan," he shrugged. "So, when do we do this thing? Better be soon - they'll probably be transferring your guy within the next couple of days I'd imagine."

(OOC: * Seriously, I don't know. Is he walking him through it? Is this some stealth operation where Blades sneaks into the place since he knows his way around? Sorry to be a pest, I just need details :o)