[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Post by Warcry »

With no credible threats from either Gigatron or the Autobots, the Decepticon capital has become weak, rife with corruption and scheming. The Decepticon cause, and even defending the territory they have conquered, has become secondary -- with Megatron far away in Kaon, his officers are more interested in advancing their own agendas than anything else. A massive attack by troops loyal to the Cybertronian Empire has drawn a line under those failings, but it remains to be seen whether the disaster will draw the Decepticons together...or tear them even further apart.

"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand." -- Matthew 12:25
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Smelting Pool

Frenzy allowed himself a few seconds to savior Belts painful demise. It didn’t take long for the thrashing minicon to sink beneath the surface of the smelting pool. Blitzwing seemed to be keeping Smack more than occupied, allowing Frenzy to give his undivided attention to Slug.

Frenzy walked towards the injured Imperial crushing his weapon underfoot before he scooped the prone mech up off the floor. It seemed as if Slug was temporarily off line, a wicked smile crept across Frenzy’s face as he responded to Blitzwings inquiry,

“How am I doing? Fine, just fine”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just outside Darkmount Medbay

Rumble weighed up the options, where would the action be? The Smelting Pools seemed more exciting than the Hanger Bay. He decided to contact Frenzy before committing himself and proceeded to open his comm. link.
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Smelting Pool

Blitzwing: -tightens pressure on Smack, intending to crush him under his tank mode- "Good to know."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Bug Bite?" Bonecrusher mulled. "What is he? Decepticon? Autobot? Quintesson?" at the mention of the name, some images flashed into Bonecrusher's optic. Being used... and discarded like some worthless scrap of garbage. Having to turn to Autobots- even one as weak as Bumblebee- for help. An army of clones. Then... darkness.

But since this happened before his memory/mind being copied, Bonecrusher knew there was no way he could've seen those images. So there were three theories. One, it's his imagination. Two, Glit and the other doctors were kind enough to input a summary of events into his mind. Three, it's one of those spiritual spark things. Bonecrusher didn't like any of those explanations. Scowling, the Constructicon turned to Long Haul and Gravedigger, "Once this is all over, I think we should pay him a visit. And kill him."

Cell Blocks, Darkmount

Bombshell, imprisoned in the cell, nodded at Retcon. "How long have you been here?" the Action Master asked.

At the back of his mind, he considered asking Shrapnel for help, and decided against it. Bugs may be bugs, but vile as Bombshell was, he was not going to ask Mister follow-the-rulebook for help. Not after what Shrapnel had done. Kickback?

Bombshell mulled. Would he take offense at that incident during the Quint takeover like before? Better Kickback than Shrapnel, anyway...

Generating Point, Darkmount

Shrapnel, meanwhile, was not one for self-searching. Mainly, because he was providing emergency power for Darkmount. Secondly, because a group of Imperial attackers are trying to kill him. Shrapnel had killed one and injured another, but there were still two others. Shrapnel couldn't move freely, and he's not at tiptop condition after the beating he took at the various battles he had recently been through.

Shrapnel retracted his right arm, launching a rain of razor-sharp metal towards his three attackers, whilst his left hand held Riposte's dead body as a shield. "You want a piece of me, me? Come get some, some!" Shrapnel screeched, simply too stubborn to accept defeat.

Pulling his grenade launcher, Shrapnel launched a spherical grenade onto one of the still-healthy mech's chest, where the grenade tore apart the Imperial's torso. Shrapnel finished him off by using a bolt of electricity to slice off his head. "Alcaryx! Curse you, Insecticon!" one of the still-alive Imperials hissed.

Shrapnel kept the attack going, using his grenade launcher to shoot the first injured Imperial on the midsection, causing him to double over onto Alcaryx's dead form. Shrapnel grinned as he locked optics with the final mech. "You know what those fleshlings on Earth say about a cornered beast, beast? They're much, much more vicious, vicious."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon sighed

" I believe they have forgotten me. How long has it been since the Reclamation."

Smelting pool

Smack rolled between Blitzwings treads. Attaching himself to the underside of the larger transformer with magnets he began to fit a magnetic mine.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cell Block, Darkmount

"A couple of years, I guess. Three? Four? Ten? I can't say exactly, I've been caught by the Autobots during the so-called peacetime, y'know?" Bombshell answered Retro. "Ironic, really. The Deceps broke me out of jail, only to imprison me a coupla weeks later."
Selkadoom

Outside Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

Hightower dodged the missle and yelled " Stay out of this its between me and the bird. Interfer again and you'll pay for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

cell

Retcon slumped.

"that long, guess they forgot me."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Operations:

Quickshot: -scowling- "We don't have time for this. Skyjack, do what you can to get operations back up and running." -raising his arm cannon, aiming it at Hightower's head- "You got a choice, pally. Either help us get this place back up and running, or you get added to the casuality report!"

Hangar Bay, Exterior:

Thundercracker: -finallly managing to pull himself clear of the debris(the rubble having collapsed on him, flies up into te air, transforming to fighter mode, looking for Casemate-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cell Block, Darkmount

"Not to worry. Once the chaos dies down, I'll make sure they remember you. We're at a shortage of soldiers, I suppose... although are you sure they want to remember you? I mean, what the frag did you exactly do?" Bombshell asked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon sighed

"I did something that vexed Lord Gigatron , he was very angry at me I submitted the wrong draft of his speech and i made him look foolish. I fear he will never release me."

Club Isis

Nightstalker hovered above Ravage

"What has become of our race what of loyalty and trust and caraderie. Remember in the Corps it was always one for all and all for one. Now it seems that every faction is riven by dissent and dissatifaction."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cell Block, Darkmount

"Gigatron's not here anymore, Retcon!" Bombshell said with bright purple optics. "Haven't you heard? Megatron's back! He has taken over Polyhex, and ol' Gigatron has been evicted to Crystal City. This means you could be released when the time comes!"

And hopefully do me a favour. A propagandist would be useful. Bombshell thought. "In fact, if you agree to this, I'll call Buzzsaw or Kickback or someone with authority to bust you outta jail right now..."

Tinker's Quarters, Darkmount

The green Seeker toiled restlessly over his twin sister's dead corpse, using parts from his sister to repair his own damaged frame. Tinker did not trust CR chambers for more severe injuries, and he did not wish to burden the medics. After all, the Constructicons had been ressurected because they were useful. Would they spend that much effort to ressurect a background, non-entity Seeker like Starfall? Never. Tinker would not like to try, especially not after the appearance of that... monster after the Constructicons' ressurection.

Instead, he sliced open his sister's cranium. Starfall's spark has been extinguished, and being a scientist, Tinker did not wish to tamper in the flow of nature. But Starfall's memory will live on. Literally... The machinery in Tinker's quarters moved and opened Tinker's head armour, and the Seeker placed the memory circuits into his own brain. After a few agonizing minutes, Tinker's cranium was repaired, and he stepped out of the chair, looking good, even better. "Let's do this." he said, both to himself and the memory of his sister.

Starfall's spark was be gone, but her personality, at least some of it, still remains. Even if it had to exist in the form of a split personality in Tinker's head, it would do. For now. Leaving his quarters, Tinker made his way to Operations...
Chip1123
Protoform

Smelting Pool

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench finally made his way down to the Smelting Pool, unsure of what he'd find once he got there. He bust in the room, taking a quick survey of what all was going on.

"Am I too late to join in on the fun?" He asked devishly, his question directed towards Frenzy and Blitzwing.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon 's optics lit up.

"Gigatron gone, Megatron when did this happen? I am a little out of the loop I admit down here."

His voice changed growing wary.

"agree to what ? I do not wish offend the powers that be. just when I look to be released.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Server Room

Buzzsaw artfully dodged Hightower's dishonourable assault, then swooped around and cawed, "Ignorant fool! By attacking me you only add to the already-considerable list of crimes you've committed against the Decepticon Empire! Decepticons, seize him!"

He gesticulated with his wings toward Quickshot and Skyjack.

Generating Point

Scrapper walked in the room, pulled out his laser pistol and coolly fired at the back of the last Imperial who was menacing Shrapnel.

"If you had told me you were planning on picking a fight," he said to the Insecticon, "I would have sent Bonecrusher instead."

Cell Block

Kickback had been listening to the proceedings for some time now, a slight smile on his face as his so-called comrade Bombshell tried to weasel his way out of what was, presumably, a well-deserved jail sentence.

Standing in the hall just outside of the view of the two imprisoned Insecticons, Kickback couldn't help but be impressed at his good luck. First, the interesting piece of intelligence he'd extracted from the Imperial spy and now...now this. He'd been on his way to the disused storage room that he'd co-opted for his own personal lair (it was amazing how far away people stayed if you put up radiation warnings), taking a shortcut through the cells to avoid the fighting above -- which he was entirely disinterested in.

A propagandist, hmm? Just the person I need. And Bombshell could have his uses, too...

Kickback took exactly one step forward, enough to frame him in the doorway of the cell block without revealing his identity -- in fact, one of the conspirators would have to look closely to see him at all.

Astrotrain's Office

"Come up to my office," Astrotrain said, "if you want to hear more, Tracer. I don't want to risk broadcasting anything else, now that his attention isn't occupied."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Darkmount

With no further transmittions from Astrotrain, Tracer deactivated his com, starting to backtrack into Darkmount again. So had been the story of his life reciently - to get so close to action, then for one reason or another, not to be able to participate in it. It was... depressing... somewhat... But then again, the new development was so much more interesting...

It was serious - that much was obvious - for Astrotrain to involve him with such secrecy, but there was still too much he did not yet understand. He was now making his way towards Astrotrain's office, keeping alert for crossing paths with Soundwave or any of his flunkies, his body language revealing no hints of the incident that had just occured. For the moment, he was just the sight of a ticked-off CO, headed to investigate why his earlier transmittion had been ignored.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside the Server Room, Darkmount

Tinker reached the corridors between Operations (still standing, it seems), and the locked-down Server Room. He saw Hightower attacking Buzzsaw, and the latter ordering Skyjack and Quickshot to seize the former. Putting two and two together, Tinker shouted out at Hightower, "Don't do this, man! You're better than this... this... uncivilized in-fighting!" the Seeker shouted, but did not do anything to stop his fellow technician.

Generating Point, Darkmount

The Imperial dropped forwards, decidedly dead, with a surprised expression on his face. Shrapnel looked at the dead body incomprehensibly, before noticing Scrapper. Grinning, the Insecticon spoke jovially to the Constructicon. "Scrapper! It's good to see you in the metal and alloy, alloy. How was the resurrection feel like, like?"

The Insecticon gestured at the four dead bodies on his feet, "Wasn't planning to pick on a fight, but these idiots ambushed me, thinking I was tired out of fighting a Bludgeon wannabe, wannabe. But turns out I wasn't, wasn't." Shrapnel gestured at the totalled generating point. "I'm generating just enough power to bathe Darkmount in light, to power the autoguns and other basic stuff, but we- you- really need to start repairs, repairs. Don't know how long I can sustain this charge, charge."

Cell Blocks, Darkmount

"Oh yes, Gigatron has been overthrown. As far as Autobot word of mouth could be believed -- for I was still in prison when it occurred -- Megatron rose along a riot when Gigs was gone. Gigs had apparently kidnapped Optimus Prime. Public support earned Megatron the power he needed to push Gigatron's staunch supporters away from Darkmount and Polyhex. There's a Civil War brewing out there..." Bombshell said to Retcon, before stopping.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Bombshell shouted. He couldn't see the figure, but the Insecticon could hear footsteps...
Selkadoom

Outside Operations

Post by Selkadoom »

The canisters detonated and bathed the hallway in light strong enough to blind a transformer for a few seconds, but thanks to his visor Hightower was uneffected. He heard Tinkers words but did not care for them as he was hellbent on taking down Buzzsaw. Then Hightower started firing his crossbows as fast as he could.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Outside the Server Room/Operations, Darkmount

Skyjack: "Unlike the Seeker, I don't have any feelings for taking you down. And I obey orders." -places self between Buzzsaw and Hightower, the flashbang grenades not affecting his Cyberjet visors- " 'Sides, Hightower, listen to reason. Buzzsaw here just lost his brother. He needed to take it out on someone... it just happened to be you. But you will stand down, or I'll make you stand down." -opens fire with missiles and laser bolts at Hightower-

Smelting Pool, Darkmount

(OOC: What, exactly, does a magnetic mine do? :) )

Blitzwing: "Spawn of a-" -fires a few mortar shells from his tank towards Smack, sees Clench move in- "Not at all, not at all... Colossus, isn't it? Feel free to kill these bite-sized Imps."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Cell Block

Retcon nodded

"I know how little you can believe word of mouth , I started enough whispering campaigns but that would explain several things. the change in personnel etc."

He glanced up as he heard a noise

"probably the energon delivery. It's overdue."

Smelting pool

ooc it sticks to metal.

Smack jabbed the mine towards the space under Blitzwing between his tracks.