[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrain's Office

Slcier charged Megatron opening up the Beast's throttle to full.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Darkmount

Scrapper groaned. "Are you sure we need the Insecticon?" he asked Hook.

Astrotrain's Office, Darkmount

Megatron just laughed as Tracer shot him, the lesser Decepticon's attack doing only cosmetic damage to his Quintesson-designed tank-mode armour.

"I AM MEGATRON!" he roared at Shrapnel as he fired again, as if those words were a self-explanatory retort to the Insecticon's accusations.

All around him the traitorous legions were falling: Astrotrain, Ramjet, Thrust, Hightower and Laserbeak were already out of the fight, and Megatron had only begun fighting.

Skywarp was next, for once actually using his teleporting to his advantage and appearing right above Megatron to unload machine-gun rounds on the well-armoured Decepticon leader. He pondered how best to kill his ex-follower, but his thoughts were rudely interrupted by Slicer's absurd but oddly-effective vehicular shell. He turned his turret around to fire...but Slicer's vehicle slammed into him before he could draw a bead on him, flipping the tank onto its' side and pinning it against a bulkhead.

"Oh, you will pay for this indignity..." he muttered, not aware that Slicer had inadvertantly saved him from getting drilled by Vindicator's cannons.

"Uhhhh..." Ramjet groaned as Blackjack approached him, dazed and confused. "I don' wanna go on patrol, Ratbat. Make Dirge do it."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Slicer jammed the throttle open so as to keep Megatron pinned against the bulkhead. He fired the vehicles six guns repeatedly.

He opened a com link "Buzzsaw...." he started but realised that the communications jamming was now working against him.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Just stay alive I'm getting help" Hightower yelled back to Shrapnel before getting to the cornor where he had to turn.

As he turned the cornor he pulled out some heavy-duty pain killers, and injected into his injured shoulder, winceing at the temporary pain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

If he still had Shrapnel and Kickback beside him, Bombshell would've mimicked Scrapper by asking his fellow Insecticons whether they needed the Constructicons.

As it is, he said, "No, what we need is to move quickly before Megatron kills everyone else."

"Stuff it, bug boy." Bonecrusher said, but strode over to where the Cerebro-shells were kept and tossed it at the beetle. "Scrap, th' bug can make himself useful with his blasted shells. If he can't, tho'... I'll stuff him inta Megs' turret if he ain't doin' wha' he's supposed ta do."

Blackjack raised an optic at Ramjet's words. Of all the people to mistake him for... Ratbat?

"Ramjet, pull yourself together!" Blackjack hissed, punching his fist on Ramjet's head, then regretting it immediately — the Conehead's skull was so hard!

He winced as Slicer rammed hisvehicle onto Megatron. That had got to hurt...

"YOU ARE NOT MEGATRON!" Shrapnel screeched, the shrill volume of his voice louder than Megatron's own roar.

However, he was forced to roll aside as Megatron fired again... but failed to move away in time. True, the fusion cannon blast did not score a direct hit but even a glancing blow like that sent the Insecticon careening onto the walls, the pain spreading like wild fire from the point of impact.

Shrapnel growled as he tried to stand. Where the slagging fragging hell was Soundwave and Star-fragging-scream?

As soon as Slicer slammed onto Megatron with his funky shell, Skywarp had hopped into the air and teleported a couple of meters away, to avoid being pinned onto the wall.

He let out a noise halfway between a cheer and a roar of rage as he teleported atop Slicer's vehicle, adding his weaponry into the mix.

He saw, from the corner of his optic, that tiny Micromaster tending to Ramjet. Good. Ramjet wasn't dead. No more Seekers must die to Megatron's insane ambition!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Yes, by all means do that," Scrapper told Bonecrusher. "But not until he's outlived his...questionable usefulness."

Megatron spun his treads, drawing sparks from the bulkhead as he slowly extricated himself from Slicer's vehicular pin. Transforming back to robot mode, he swiped his left arm at the smaller Decepticon, trying to cuff him in the head.

Ignoring Shrapnel's shrill shriek, he fired a fusion cannon blast in Skywarp's general direction...that is, at the ceiling right above the seeker. Megatron was assuming that the notoriously dim warrior wouldn't realize until too late that the roof had begun caving in on him even as Megatron gamely weathered his fire.

I really should start killing these fools, he thought to himself, before my new armour gives out.

Aside from being a powerhouse in his own right, when he'd been reactivated Megatron found himself coated with a high-tech ablative armour the likes of which he'd never seen. He'd never questioned it -- after all, he was Megatron and he deserved the best. A part of him started to consider how Shrapnel's accusations could be related to that, but it was slapped down by a subconsious subroutine before it could get very far.

"Owwww..." Ramjet groaned as Blackjack smacked his wounded head. "Why'dja do that for? Feels like I got a mighty energon hangover, I tell you what..."

The conehead managed to prop himself up on his elbows, frowning down at the Micromaster that he could almost -- but not quite -- make out as his optic sensors didn't seem to be working at full resolution.

"Wha's goin' on?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Slicer his view of Megatron blocked by Skywarp perching on his vehicle reversed.

Megatrons hit him a glancing blow at an acute angle.

Lurching sideways he hit the steering and the Beast reversed in a wide arc.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Darkmount

"Yeh. Let's go now. I don' wanna miss all th' fun, Scrap." Bonecrusher said.

Bombshell inserted all the cerebro-shells into his antenna while doing this, while Tinker hopped from one feet to the other in anticipation.

"Aim for the head, head!" Shrapnel yelled, hand retracting back into his wrist and launching a spray of shrapnel at Megatron as he struggled to get up, opening fire on Megatron's exposed flank while he is occupied with Slicer and Skywarp.

After firing that, however, Shrapnel transformed and shrunk into his beetle mode, ignoring the jets of pain as exposed parts rubbed and gnashed against each other due to the transformation.

"Ha! Missed me, second-rate clone!" Skywarp mocked Megatron.

The ceiling gave a groan and the Seeker's mocking growl turned into an expression of realization. "Cra-" Skywarp didn't have time to teleport, or even consider teleporting as a huge chunk of metal slammed onto his head, followed by a rain of similar debris.

Then his teleporting mechanisms activated and he fell down, some distance away, stunned and dizzy.

"Megatron's killing us, that's what!" Blackjack hissed at Ramjet. "While you're mistaking me for Ratbat, I think Megatron killed Laserbeak. Your Seeker buddies are out of the fight, and the bug and the wannabe Constructicon are in a pretty sorry state. And you have finger-shaped indentations on your skull."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust stood up using his remaining arm for balance, visibly still shaken and looked around. Things were not going well.

------------------------

Clench stood there silently amazed at how much damage Megatron had already soaked up. He barely seemed fazed, even by his own firepower. Clench charged in hoping to have better success, and buy his fellow Decepticons time to regroup.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Corridors, Darkmount

Hightower was growing desprate when he finaly spoted Soundwave and Starscream and ran towards them shouting "Soundwave!!! we need help NOW!!!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Vindicator watched in annoyance as Slicer knocked Megatron out of the way of the shots from his cannons. They were the only ranged weapons in his arsenal that would be able to cause any serious damage and with Clench now moving to close combat he didn’t want to risk firing again and hitting his allie.

Seeing no other alternative Vindicator powered up his arm mounted energy blade and charged at Megatron. When he was within range he thrust his arm forward in an attempt to stab the clone.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Darkmount

Scrapper nodded. "Yes, by all means. Constructicons, Insecticon, miscellaneous seeker who's name I can't be bothered to remember...let's go!"

The Constructicon foreman pulled his laser pistol and let the other Decepticons out into the hallway.

Now that Slicer had moved back, Megatron was free of the vehicle that had pinned him. After Shrapnel's electrical blast arced past him and into the wall -- one of the benefits of having non-conductive ceramic armour -- Megatron gave thought to eradicating the Insecticon pest once and for all, but before he could take aim at him the annoying creature had transformed and shrunk.

After the chunk of roof clobbered Skywarp, Megatron strode away from the wall.

Seeing both Clench and Vindicator charging toward them, Megatron broke into a big grin.

"Et tu, Ground Commander? I expect scum like this failed gladiator to side with the rebels, but you?"

Sidestepping to put Vindicator between himself Clench and for a few seconds, he made no attempt to dodge the blade. And indeed, the edged weapon carved a chunk of his armour off but couldn't cut deeply enough to reach the Decepticon leader's vitals...yet, anyway. With more slices it could, but Megatron certainly wasn't going to give him the chance if he could help it.

Cocking his fist back, Megatron did his level best to punch Vindicator's head off.

"Oh. Well. That'd 'splain the splitting headache, I guess." Ramjet frowned. "Also why I can't see anything but blurs. Who did you say you were, again?"

Corridors

Soundwave's hand went to the button on his chest, ready to unleash Buzzsaw, Slugfest and the Cobalt Sentries if Hightower even flinched in the wrong direction.

"Really," he said flatly. "With what?"

Kickback, for his part, trained his sub-machine gun on the Constructicon's centre of mass. "This one's with Shrapnel," he warned. "He's on Megatron's side."
Selkadoom

Corridors,Darkmount

Post by Selkadoom »

"Not anymore Kickback," replied Hightower he then turned toward Soundwave "Megatron, or whatever that thing is, has lost it and he's killing everyone, Astrotrains already dead and I think Laserbeak is dieing, the rest of us are no better and the comms, are down, but we need help or were all screwed so I went to find you guys" finished the Constructicon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skywarp forced himself up, and looked around. "Now where the hell am... I..." The Seeker was perched on the tip on one of the spires at the edge of Darkmount. Below him was a five-hundred feet drop to the streets below. Behind him was the fortress' walls and the sounds of battle. "Ah."

Skywarp swirled and teleported into the room, landing beside Tracer. He opened fire with his machineguns at Megatron, not daring to take the Decepticon leader head-on in his condition.

Shrapnel flitted through the air as the gigantic forms of Megatron, Clench and Vindicator duked it out. He could make this a fairer fight...

The Insecticon landed on Megatron's rail gun and began to do what an insect does best -- eat things. Let's hope this works, Shrapnel thought silently to himself, I'm out of tricks here...

"Blackjack. The Micro." Blackjack told Ramjet, wincing. "Here comes the second wave..."

Medbay, Darkmount

Bonecrusher cracked his knuckles, transformed into bulldozer mode and drove off, Devastator's lower arm and the drill launcher appearing out of subspace. Bombshell transformed, the first time he did so after his repairs, and flew out of the medbay, weevil wings fluttering.

Tinker snorted at the Seeker remark from Scrapper, but followed the Constructicons as they moved out.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Slicer regained control of his vehicle abd drove at Megatron intending to cut him off at the knees with the spinning blades mounted on its wheels
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I'll wait with Megatron until I know what's happened with Vindicator)

"Blackjack? This is no time for card--oh, right. The dwarf." Ramjet shook his head, then squinted so that he could make out the smaller Transformer. "Right, my head's starting to clear. can sorta see you now." He slowly got to his feet and said, "We're still killin' Megs, right?"

Corridors

Soundwave's optic band widened slightly when Hightower told him that Laserbeak was dead -- Astrotrain he honestly couldn't care less about now that his part in the plot was finished.

He could hear Buzzsaw and the other cassettes muttering their murderous rage -- for once not directed at Hightower -- over the hard-line connection he shared with them when they were stored inside his tape deck, but he ignored it for the moment.

"Then report, soldier," Soundwave told Hightower. "Calmly. Who is fighting Megatron and what is the lay of the land? We need to maximize our chances of survival."

Kickback still hadn't lowered his rifle, but at least he wasn't aiming it directly at the Constructicon anymore.

Scrapper held up his hand, telling his companions to stop before they went around the next corner.

"I can hear the fight just ahead. Bombshell, take point. Your mortars are the strongest weapons we've got, and in insect mode you're too small for him to hit. Plus, no one cares if you die. Bonecrusher and I will follow, using our shovels to defect fire. Hook, Scavenger and Seeker-guy, stay behind us and hit Megatron with everything you've got. Clear?"

Transforming to vehicle mode, he made sure his flight-pod wing was securely attached -- Cybertron knows he'd need the firepower.

I just hope the quacks that rebuilt us constructed this thing to spec...haven't gotten to use it yet.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors

Scavenger transforms and fits his missile launcher into place

"Roger Boss."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Dwarf, runt, Micro, shorty, midget, gnome, hobbit... whatever you like to call me. Just get up!" Blackjack told Ramjet. "Yeah, well, you make that sound easy. He nearly killed your teleporting buddy. Good thing he can teleport."

The Micromaster launched his steel cards at Megatron's general direction, knowing they won't do any good but doing it nevertheless. He might get lucky.

Corridors, Darkmount

"Right." Bombshell murmured. "Nice to feel needed, Scrapper."

"Well, he's got a point. Nobody cares if you die." Tinker told the bug.

"Get goin'." Bonecrusher growled, rumbling into place beside his leader. "Make yourself useful for once, pest."

"Weevils aren't-"

"Shut up and go already!"

Tinker flipped out his tranquilizer dart launchers, as well as the poisoned crossbow Hightower had given him earlier. "Where are the rest of your team? We may need a combiner for this."

"They're on strike." Bonecrusher snapped at Tinker. "Communications are down! D'you think we'd go without 'em if we could?"

An idiot would've charged in screaming their intent. Not Bombshell. He shrunk down into beetle mode and zipped towards Megatron, launching a cerebro-shell at the Decepticon leader.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Coridors

"Well lets see, Theres Me, Shrapnel, Tracer, Clench, Vindicator, Slicer, Ramjet, Laserbeak, Skywarp, and Blackjack. Laserbeak is dead, most of us me included have met his fusion canon and have been injured, Ramjet was thrown thru a wall headfirst by Megatron, Shrapnel was in a battle rage, and I think Slicer was going to attack him with his vehicle." Replied Hightower calmly, but inside he chuckled thinking that Ramjet being thrown thru a wall was funny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Vindicator’s vision cut out as Megatron’s punch impacted with his face. The force of the hit was more than enough to knock him flat onto the ground and involuntarily deactivate his energy blade.

Stunned and slightly disoriented Vindicator shakily pulled himself up. He noticed drops of oil hitting the floor. His face plate was cracked and dented from the attack and a steady stream of oil now leaked from the vents built into his face.

“Recent events have made it abundantly clear that you are nothing more than a cheap clone.” Vindicator replied to Megatron. "I will not be a puppet to some imposter."

Although Vindicator could see his initial attack had done little damage giving up was not an option at this point. He had to keep Megatron busy until Soundwave arrived with back up. With a bright green flash Vindicator’s energy blade re-activated. He lunged at Megatron taking another slash at his former leader.