[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrain's Office, Darkmount

Blackjack froze when Megatron glared at him, thinking that those dark optics meant he was going to be vaporized with some kind of optic beam or something. But the Quintesson programme spoke, and Blackjack repeated dumbly, "Contigency plan 7-A?"

This is bad. This is very very bad. "Starscream, kill him quickly! The Quintesson shell program has taken over!"

Shrapnel laughed. It was a dry, dark laugh.

"You are mistaking me for Bombshell, Kickback, Kickback. I may be angry about being left out of the loop, but who has been fighting Megatron all this time while you're making your way down with Starscream? Who suspected something was going on and organised the troops and brought them into Astrotrain's office, office? Who do you think got them ready, while you and Soundwave are still fussing over Starscream? Me. It's not about my ego, Kickback. If I had not done this, Astrotrain, Hook and Tracer would be dead by now, and the Decepticons would be scattered and confused, confused. But instead, we tried to kill Astrotrain, who, apparently, was our ally, ally. Why did Megatron kill Astrotrain anyway? Did he find out that Megatron is a clone?"

Shrapnel transformed into robot mode and shook his head. "I don't care enough to kill you, Kickback. Let's take this thing down, down." Saying so, he aimed his grenade launcher at Megatron and launched a shrapnel grenade. Screw Starscream if he was in the way.

"You're a serious jerk, you know that, Soundwave?" Bombshell shook his head in wonder. Megatron spoke about contingency plans. "Now what's that, Soundwave? You're the mind reader. What is this contingency plan?"

"Nice shot, boss." Bonecrusher told Scrapper, pulling Devastator's lower arm out of subspace and launching the massive drill that was attached to it at Megatron. "EAT LEAD, TRAITOR!"

Tinker joined in, launching the sleeping darts from his shoulder cannons.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Astrotrain's office, Darkmount

Hook opened fire automatically at Scrapper's new order and winced at his own willing compliance. Practical observation, however, told him that he was not the logical leader in a team battle like this (even if some of the team were missing). But, if ever Devastator were needed, he would be able to put some plans of his own into play - namely taking advantage of the impaired link-flux he had assured when resurrecting Scrapper and, of course, the information he had gleaned while working on Bombshell.

~~~

Starscream stood his ground and rolled his head with the blow the Megatron clone aimed inexpertly at him. The flaming fist burned a slight scorch along his left cheek-strut, but had barely connected.

"You're breaking down," he hissed coldly, preparing to use his null-rays at close and potentially terminal range. "Face your fate, monster!"

Then, impossibly, a frag exploded practically right between him and Megatron, the sharp metal scouring and biting into his new armour body, the force hurling him towards Soundwave. He gave a bellow of surprised rage, quite drowning out Blackjack's warning cry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Oops." Shrapnel said, not expecting Starscream to be blown away quite so easily. "My bad, bad."

Perhaps it was some subconscious need to atone for his mistakes, perhaps it was just impulse, but Shrapnel leapt forwards, fists crackling with electricity, as he charged Megatron, to buy Starscream time to recover. "Sorry, Screamer, I screwed that up, up." he chirped, but his tone was clear that he didn't truly mean it.

"Stupid Insecticon." Tinker muttered, jogging towards where Starscream has fallen. "Do you require medical assistance?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Astrotrain's office, Darkmount

"Slag!" Starscream spat; his fall had been graceless. And his new exoform had suffered a whole slew of shrapnel (heh) scars, marring the perfect surface.

He started to rise as Tinker reached him.

"External damage only - thanks for asking..." He could not help but sound sarcastic. How long had it been since anyone took a genuine interest in his welfare? Ah, that would be Skyfire...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office Darkmount

Scavenger copied his fellow constructicon and pulled out his missile launcher in his haste though he fired Devestators giant fist towards Megatron rather than a missile.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kickback glowered at Shrapnel. "You're a disgrace," he said bluntly. "Astrotrain and Soundwave were working with Gigatron to settle this quietly. And they might have had a chance to, if you and I hadn't blundered in and made a mess of things. At least I am mech enough to admit my mistakes and try to atone for them instead of pretending that they were a good thing."

As he spoke, he returned to insect mode and followed Shrapnel in. He might be an idiot and a disgrace, but he was still an Insecticon. No one was going to kill him without Kickback's say-so.

"Go for a joint!" he shouted. "If you can open up the armour, maybe I can kick apart the workings."

Megatron grunted as Bonecrusher's drill glanced off of his armour, chewing through the ceramic plating on his leg.

"Die, traitor!"

He raised his fusion rifle, intent on cramming it into Starscream's mouth and pulling the trigger before the seeker could use his null rays. But Shrapnel's attack blew them apart.

The battered and broken clone shambled forward, still holding the rifle in it's non-enflamed hand.

"I don't know how you've come back to life," he rumbled, "and I don't care. I'm going to send you back to the Pit you crawled out of, Starscream!"

The fist that Scavenger launched bounced off of Megatron's chest. Scrapper and Hook's fire left burn marks on his armour. The Insecticons swarmed toward him. But Megatron saw and heard nothing but Starscream.

"Now nothing," Soundwave told Bombshell, ignoring the Insecticon's insult. "If we attack we'll stand a better chance of hurting our own as we would of hurting Megatron. It's up to Starscream now. The shell program has focused Megatron's hate squarely on him."

Then he had to jump to the side as Shrapnel blasted Starscream toward them.

"As I said."

Scrapper allowed himself to feel a small flush of pride at how well his Constructicons were working before he snapped off another barrage of laser fire at Megatron.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Whatever you say, Kickback, Kickback... it's all our fault, isn't it, it?" Shrapnel told the other Insecticon with a harsh barking laugh, battle not giving him much opportunity to form longer sentences. "We fix our mistake now, then, then."

So, Astrotrain, Soundwave and Gigatron were trying to settle it quietly? And they screwed it up? Well, damn. Regret won't do a thing about it, though, so like all good Decepticons Shrapnel simply put aside any guilt he might feel for being a catalyst in this particular mess.

Shrapnel charged at Megatron's arm, the one holding the gun, and transformed into beetle mode, shrinking again as he did so. He engulfed himself in electricity as he landed on the elbow joint, and began trying to chew through the hard ceramic metal, whilst hoping that the electrical energy would help to blow the joint apart.

"YEAH! How d'ya like that, Buckethead?" Bonecrusher whooped as his drill slammed onto Megatron. Bonecrusher proceeded to pull out his missile launcher, aimed and fired. "C'mon, Scavenger! Let's send this murderer straight to hell!"

"Least Starscream's constant betrayals are good for something..." Bombshell told Soundwave. "Ol' Buckethead's too focused on him." When Starscream was thrown towards that direction, Bombshell shook his head. "Shrapnel, you idiot..."

The Insecticon got down on four, transforming and shrinking into beetle mode and scuttled away like the bug he is, narrowly avoiding being crushed by Starscream.

Unfurling his wings, Bombshell took into the air and landed on Soundwave's shoulder. "Bloody squids. Even with them dead they are still causing all sorts of trouble for us."

Tinker nodded at Starscream, and had the presence of mind to copy Soundwavew and Bombshell as they moved away from what clearly is the target of Megatron's rage. "Whatever you say, Commander." Tinker muttered, unconsciously using Starscream's old rank.

He did, however, raise his arms and open fire at Megatron.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Astrontrain's office, Darkmount

"Heh." Starscream paused, observing all the Decepticons engaging Megatron and actually helping him. But, then again, this was not the real Megatron, although the raw hatred it was displaying must surely prove its kernal programme was taken from the original.

I wonder if Megatron is still functional in some way, somewhere? he speculated, readying his weapons and waiting for an opening. I should worry, but the prize is too sweet to resist...

Hook opened fire with his laser pistol, cutting a shot between his brothers Bonecrusher and Scavenger, hoping to hit the fiery mech in one optic or, at the very least, put a hole in his facial plating.

~~~

Relay stopped dead, flicking his recorder from it's cover in his left shoulder.

"I am standing in a Darkmount corridor where a battle appears to be raging. I can hear shooting and there are flashes - flickering, like fire. Soundwave..."

He stopped.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

Zephyr led Fumarole and Heatstroke towards where all the commotion was. "What d'ya think it is? Autobots? Gigatron?" Zephyr asked, almost bored now that they were out of Kaon.

Fumarole snorted. Zephyr had stuck around with their group, so he had considered him Gust's replacement of sorts... but so far Zephyr had been aloof.

"BURN THE ENEMY YES." Heatstroke hissed, optics burning with an unnatural flame.

"He always like that?" Zephyr asked Fumarole. "That voice is creepy."

Fumarole grimaced and shrugged as the three Seekers rounded the corner. Why the heck was he paired with a bunch of- He saw Relay in front of them. "Hey. I know you." Fumarole began. "Yer that reporterbot from Kaon, the one the others were with!"

"BURN AUTOBOT?" Heatstroke asked, raising his flamethrower.

"Oh, hush." Zephyr said, raising an arm lazily, barring Heatstroke's path. "Ignore the idiot. What's happening?"

(OOC: Ah, my old fanmades... like sheep to the slaughter...)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office , Darkmount

Scavenger transformed and used his shovel to emit sonic charges into the ground.

"I reckon if I increase the amplitude I can recreate intense low-frequency groundwaves like Rumble and fingers crossed here goes nothing."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Astrotrains Office, Darkmount

"Y'can do that, Scrounge?" Bonecrusher asked Scavenger, optics widening slightly. "Yeh, y'do that. I'mma gonna use my fists to help ya break th' ground."

Blackjack had found a perch on one of the overhanging cupboards and took aim with his steel card launchers and aimed to hit Megatron's optics.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Scavenger concentrated

"theoretically it should work, I usually use sound waves for detection but I |think it should work."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Kickback joined Shrapnel in chewing, hoping that the two of them would be able to disable Megatron's arm before he swatted them like...well, like insects.

"Octopunch and Tentakil aren't..." Soundwave trailed off. "Ah. You meant the Quintessons. Yes, cleaning up their messes have become quite tiresome. But all that aside, since Megatron is notably preoccupied with him and Starscream is still somewhat...overmatched, maybe we should help him out some."

He shooed Bombshell off of his shoulder -- Why does everyone try to sit there? he wondered fleetingly -- then squared himself up at Megatron and fired the entire contents of his shoulder-mounted multimissile launcher at the Decepticon leader's face.

Scrapper joined with his fellow Constructicons, firing on Megatron with a vengeance.

"Yo, new guys!" Ramjet shouted at Zephyr, Relay and the rest of the Kaonites that he vaguely remembered. "Less talking, more shooting!"

With that, he fired both his laser rifles squarely into Megatron's back.

Megatron was rocked back by Soundwave's assault. He somehow managed to stay on his feet, but the impact of so many rockets at once had turned the Decepticon leader's face into a smoking, ruined mess. The Constructicons' assault slammed him hard into a wall and Scavenger's groundwaves made him stumble as he tried to regain his footing. The other Decepticons' attacks burned away armour, melted plating and generally reduced Megatron's previously-pristine body into a battered ruin. But still he shambled forward, his optics locked on Starscream to the exclusion of all else.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shrapnel's body was engulfed in electricity and he directed them onto where the other Decepticons' attacks had exposed circuits.

Blackjack opened fire with his tiny shotguns, not sure what they would do that the larger Decepticons' fire could not. Nice glowing explosions, anyway...

Bombshell transformed into his robot mode and lifted his mortar launcher and opened fire, aiming, like Soundwave, for Megatron's head. "Octopunch isn't a squid. That would be like calling me a stag beetle." His head-mounted horn took aim and launched two more cerebro-shells, just for the hell of it.

"WRAAAAAAAAAAA!" Bonecrusher charged forwards after he had given Scavenger some time, and slammed both his fists with all his strength onto the ground near Megatron, hoping that the impact, coupled with Scavenger's trick, would cause it to crumble and bring the battle to the lower ground.

"Hear, hear." Zephyr said when Ramjet spoke.

"Seekers, attack!" Fumarole shouted. He, Zephyr, Heatstroke and Tinker opened fire with their respective weapons, sending magnesium grenades, laser bolts and sleeping drugs flying at the Decepticon leader.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench saw the amount of firepower going over his head and slowly crawled away from the battle, not wanting to get blasted in the back again if he tried to stand up too soon.

Thrust raised his one functioning arm and fired at Megatron, like almost everyone else in the room, hoping not to be noticed by the clone in everything that was going on.

(OOC: sorry guys. been having to work 15-16 hr shifts for the last 2 weeks or so. Been a little distracted and haven't had much time to read, much less post.)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Sorry, all. Twilight Princess has pretty much stolen all my free time the last week and a half.)

Kickback swung his legs into a powerful kick, targeting the areas that Shrapnel's electricity had already ravaged...and he was rewarded by a solid clunk as Megatron's fusion rifle slipped from his numb fingers.

"Go Team Insecticon," he muttered bitterly as he flew away.

"Terran biology doesn't interest me, Bombshell," Soundwave told him bluntly.

Megatron collapsed to the ground, his armour smoking from the sustained barrage that his troops were inflicting on him. But in spite of the brutal damage he'd sustained, the Decepticon leader -- or the blackened mess that was only vaguely recognizable as him -- continued to crawl toward Starscream.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Scavenger charged forward

"lets crush him under our tracks."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shrapnel flew away, and hovered some distance away from Megatron and pelted him with lightning bolts. "Yeah, yeah."

"Doesn't surprise me, Soundwave." Bombshell told the communications officer as he launched mortar shells onto Megatron. "Doesn't this thing ever die?"

Blackjack and the Seekers likewise piled in with their own weaponry.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"Stand down!" Starscream ordered all attacking Decepticons, throwing both arms out and round in a dramatic gesture to re-inforce his words.

He looked down on the pitiful wreck still trying to crawl towards him, it's faceplate so damaged that only the burning optics remained, it's hands mere stumps, it's entire frame smoking.

He savoured the scene.

This might not be the real Megatron - was anyone sure if he still existed? - but this moment was priceless, in its own way. After all: he could rise to the position of ultimate power on this...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shrapnel transformed into robot mode behind Megatron when Starscream told them to stand down, and saw that Bombshell, Blackjack and the others did likewise.

Shrapnel, however, did not lower his right arm, whose hand had been retracted, revealing the shrapnel grenade launcher.

The Insecticon glanced at Starscream and spoke what was surely was on all the other Decepticons' mind. "Will you kill him now, Starscream, Starscream?"

Shrapnel glared at Starscream; he did not trust the Seeker. But he knew that Starscream's desire to kill Megatron would override anything else he might feel.