[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Post by Warcry »

With Gigatron's defeat all-but-inevitable and Megatron's return to absolute power an almost unthinkable outcome, a small band of Decepticons led by Cyclonus have made the dangerous journey into the radioactive heart of Stanix, the ancient citadel of Fort Scyk. They came expecting to face death to recover the corpse of an old comrade and leader...but what they found was something far, far more disturbing than any of them could have predicted.

"Hell is not a place, it's a state of mind and body; hell is obsession with a voice, a face, a name." -- Susan Kay
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"You were given a chance to die peacefully," Galvatron's voice echoed through Megadeath's brain. "You were even give a chance at life, a real life rather than this mockery that you've embraced, and Unicron knows you didn't deserve that. You're the one who chose to play rough. But me?"

Galvatron cackled, the sound of someone who was only clinging to sanity by the thinnest of margins, and not only knew it, but relished it.

"I like to play rough."

Fort Scyk

Inside the body that they shared, the body that had once been Galvatron's alone, an old, battle-damaged laser core started to spin, and electricity began to flow through a brain module that had been dormant for years.

Cyclonus slowly made his way up to his knees, his senses blurred by Megadeath's vicious assault. It took a few seconds before he could focus on his foe, but when he did, he liked what he saw.

Megadeath was writhing, clasping his head as if he wanted to reach inside and tear out something that had crawled in there...or something that had always been there, but only just awakened. He cried out, then answered himself.

But the answer didn't come in Megadeath's voice. It came in a deeper, darker, more dangerous voice that Cyclonus knew better than his own.

"You can't win, Megadeath. No one, absolutely no one, enslaves Galvatron. Greater forces than you have tried and been rewarded with death."

Galvatron's voice grew frigid, as if he was exhaling liquid nitrogen.

"Surrender. Give in now, before my systems are fully reactivated and I've wrested control of this body from you. Do it, and your death will be quick and painless. Resist and face torture the likes of which you've never imagined."

(OOC: Yeah, Skullcruncher is still a Headmaster)

After converting to gator mode, Skullcrucher had started trying to chew his way out from under the pile of mutants that had him pinned. It was proving to be a tasty if not entirely efficient strategy so far.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage, hideously scarred and mutilated, did only what any sane mech in his position would do. Namely, go insane and ignore what common sense is telling him to do.

So the Insecticon kept on hacking and shooting (with his hip machineguns), moving closer to Skullcruncher and began stabbing the mutants harassing his comrade.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock saw the mutant about to swing the mace and knew he had few options. He charged his opponent, taking the mace on the shoulder, but his momentum was enough to close the gap, and he barreled into his opponent, tackling him to the ground and began to try to blundgeon his attacker.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

"...hrkkkkkk...Your threat means nothing...argh...Remember, my being..the very essence that gives us both life, is also infused with the Matrix," Megadeath defiantly told Galvatron as his body went into angry spasms. "Remove it? Suit yourself...ungh...We shall die together, and take your precious bauble with it. Suppress me? Perhaps, but for how long? I will, AHHH, always be there...Haunting your every thought....controlling your actions at random..."

Megadeath forced Galvatron's head to turn and face Cyclonus.

"Let's test that theory, hmm?" he added with a sadistic grin.

He aimed the cannon mounted on his body's arm and fired.

----

Foyer

A mutant screamed in oil-curdling anguish as Skullcrucher chewed it up alive with his large jaws.

Though this did not stop the remaining mutants piling over the Headmaster to come to their comrade's aid, Barrage soon put a stop to it, causing a shower of foul fluids to spray over both Decepticons as the Insecticon stabbed the mutants left and right.

Meanwhile, Roadblock was giving his attacker the pummeling of his life, punching chunks of greasy, corroded metal off the mutant's chest until it moved no more.

Flywheels managed to push off his two attackers, only for them to stand back up and claw at the Duocon. Squawktalk fared better, however, causing the mutants he shot at from above to burst into flame and run frantically around the room.

(OOC: Add "Wilhelm Scream" where needed.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Flywheels separated into his 2 halves as the mutants clawings loosened his catch.

The tank transformed where as the jet half flopped about upside down."

Squawktalk amazed at the efficacy of his weapons was shocked into silence.

He went in for another strafing run.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

"Zombieeeees! Get off them!" Barrage screeched, still stabbing left and right with his spear. "Venom! Where are you? Dead? Alive?" the Insecticon called out for his unit leader suddenly.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock kept pummeling the mutant for a few moments after he had stopped moving, lost in a battle rage that did not allow rational thought. He finally realized the mutant below was dead, and proceeded to get back to his feet, a little woozy.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Venom crawled out from under a partly dissolved mutant.

"Yes."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Galvatron managed...something. It wasn't much, but the slightest twitch of his arm sent Megadeath's shot off-target, blasting a hole in the ceiling instead of Cyclonus.

"As always, you understand nothing," Galvatron spat. "A small-minded tyrant with no idea of the forces he's toying with. You think you're alive? Hardly. You're a freak, but you've been a freak for so long that he can't even remember what life even means. But I do, and this isn't it. We're dead, Megadeath. You and I both. The difference is that I won't sacrifice my race's greatest symbol of power to prolong this horrid unlife."

He smiled, an expression made grotesque by Megadeath's shared control over their motor functions as he forced their body to take a step toward his former lieutenant.

"Cyclonus, old friend...get up!"

"M...mighty Galvatron?" A still-dazed Cyclonus looked up hazily at him.

"Listen very carefully, Cyclonus," Galvatron said. "I want you to get on your feet, pick up your gun and end this mockery of life right now."

"But...but my liege, surely there must be some way-" Cyclonus somehow managed to stand and hold both of his weapons, but they still pointed toward the floor.

"Dammit, Cyclonus, you idiot!" Galvatron almost hit him in the face, but held back because he wasn't sure yet that he would be able to do it with enough force to be sufficiently terrifying. "This is no time to start thinking for yourself! Kill me now and take the Matrix...before...he...comes back..."

Hearing the seriousness in his master's voice, Cyclonus steeled himself. Then, slowly, he raised his weapons...

Skullcruncher shook himself off, sending mutant parts and assorted viscous liquids spraying off in every conceivable direction.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

"Ah, there you! Thought you dead, boss." the rad-affected Barrage mumbled as Venom showed up. "Zombies refusing to die properly."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

"NO! Nnnragh! Release me fool!" Megadeath yelled, wresting control from Galvatron once more.

Megadeath's rage filled the entire being of his stolen body, if only momentarily proving to be the more influential of the halves. He ran at Cyclonus, arms extended as he reached for the Decepticon's raised weapons.

"You will NOT interfere!"

-----

Foyer

It was becoming apparent that the battle had turned in Decepticon's favor, as piles of the eviscerated metallic bodies continued to fill the foyer. Over the course of the battle, the mutant's numbers had dropped considerably. Only a dozen or more remained.

The number dropped further when Squawktalk strafed by a second time. Flywheels, though, still was suffering from technical difficulties, which his attackers exploited by leaping onto him and yanking at the overturned jet's wings.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Megadeath's grappling arms kept Cyclonus from bringing his weapons into line. The Targetmaster struggled, but not with his full strength -- he still couldn't bring himself to strike out against his master, not like this. Anyone who was watching could see that his spark wasn't in it.

Galvatron must have noticed, because he managed to take control of his body's vocal processors long enough to bark, "You disappoint me, Cyclonus. I don't know why it even surprises me anymore, because that's all you've ever been. A disappointment, an embarrassment and a disgrace to the Decepticon Army. And now a coward, too squeamish to fulfil his master's last wish. It's a shame Scourge wasn't chosen. He might have been able to get the job done!"

"Shut up!" Cyclonus barked, trying now to twist his weapons away from Megadeath with his full strength.

"Good old, reliable Cyclonus," Galvatron continued. "All words and no action. Unless you count grovelling as an action, of course."

"Shut! Up!"

"At least Starscream had ambition, had a bit of fire in his belly. But you! I could have gotten the same blind loyalty and constant, slavering agreement out of a diagnostic drone!"

"Rah!" Cyclonus lunged forward, aiming a horns-first headbutt at his former leader's head.

Galvatron managed to seize control of their shared motor functions for long enough to make sure that the blow landed, tearing away the right half of his 'crown', along with a fair chunk of his radiation-weaked facial structure. He felt himself fall backwards, his tenuous control beginning to slip away as he landed flat on his back. Cyclonus dove on top, pistol-whipped him and started to scream.

"No, 'Mighty' Galvatron! You were the useless one! Your madness nearly drove our people to extinction twice over! And this...this creature you've become will do the same if I let it." He hit Galvatron again, this time with a closed fist to the jaw. "So I will kill you, Galvatron, but not because you told me to. You are a poison to the Decepticon cause, and I won't let you destroy it again!"

"Good, good," Galvatron laughed through the rain of blows. But then he felt Megadeath surge forward, and control of their body slipped away.

Nearby

A shuttle flew past the remains of the fortress, then slowly started to circle.

"Are you sure this is the place? It doesn't look like-"

"I'm sure, old boy. Find a place to set us down."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Infraspace

As an enraged Cyclonus pummeled away at his former-master, a faint light began to seep through the thin seams on Galvatron's chest.

....In the end, you will achieve precisely what you strive for - you shall become part of that which is whole.

Have comfort in that.

----

Fort Scyk

Megadeath slowly regained control over his body when his alter ego slipped away. He was, however, more concerned about the Matrix's curious behavior rather his other half suddenly relinquishing control over their body.

"...No...it can't be," Megadeath whispered to himself.

Coming to his senses, Megadeath pulled his legs toward himself into a fetal position, then kicked out to force the Unicron-spawn off of him.

"That, Cyclonus, will be quite enough!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Megadeath's kick sent Cyclonus toppling backward off of his enemy, and put a few metres' worth of distance between them.

"Actually," Cyclonus snapped, "it really, really won't be."

He brought up his oxidizing laser and fired several blasts at the nearly-prone Megadeath, hoping to rust his body to the ground and keep him from getting up to fight.

He noticed the light beaming through the other Transformer's chest and recognized it for what it was. "The Matrix calls out to me," he said. "You...both of you are just going to have to get out of my way."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

Megadeath sprung to his feet and tossed up his cannon-mounted arm to shield himself from the oxidizing properties of Cyclonus's attack. It immediately began to eat away at his weapon, though, and made itself dangerously close from doing the same to his arm.

Nnnnghh-AAH!” Megadeath roared as he tore the crumbling cannon off his arm and dropped it to his side. “Hmph, don’t be absurd,” he answered Cyclonus. “The Matrix answers only to…”

Once more, a throbbing light emitted from his chest, this time brighter and more intense -- as if it was reaching out to Cyclonus.

“Oh, quit pestering me, you infernal trinket,” Megadeath smacked his fist against his chest.

This only served to provoke the Matrix further, and suddenly, Megadeath was forced into a trance-like state.

-----

Infraspace

We are a composite of many. We communicate to you in a manner in which your paltry mind may comprehend. All that has transpired was of our making. Your destiny was never yours to control, little half-life.

You were warned of this.

You determinedly clung to the nonexistent – a charade of an identity that we shaped. It only assured that you would keep the force housed within you safe. So long as you believed that it was dependent on your continued “existence”, you acted your function just as intended.

However - though our initial purpose was to reanimate this vacant shell, a grave error has been made. It must be rectified.

“I am no one’s pawn! I control my destiny. I do!”

Do not resist.

Megedeath’s ethereal self de-materialized into a swirl of particles, then closed in and tightened itself around the representation of the Matrix.

But, even as the Matrix began to take apart the fragments of Megadeath’s spark, its owner naturally resisted. It would not be consumed so easily.

“I - AM…”

------

Fort Scyk

“…NO ONE’S PAWN! The Matrix is MINE!” Megadeath screamed, his stolen body now crackling with a strange, dark energy.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"Yes! Yes!" Galvatron screamed, using the groundswell of Matrix energy to push Megadeath aside momentarily. "Burn! Burn in the fire that you were so eager to claim for your own!"

Cyclonus watched as the purple light started to arc around the shared body of his former master. With a grim expression on his face, he fired both of his weapons at Galvatron/Megadeath's chest.

"The Matrix is mine, Megadeath!" he shouted. "Relinquish it now, before it flays your very essence into nothing!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus's attack smacked hard against Galvatron's (and Megadeath's) chest as intended, stumbling backward as first blast twisted him to the left, the second to the right.

"Y-You...YOU!..."

Regaining his balance, he tossed his arms out and let out a piercing roar. A shockwave burst from Galvatron’s body, then shaped into a ball of indeterminable energy which surrounded him. It quickly expanded, forming into a dome of dark light that spread out as if to engulf the entire room.

His body eerily twitched - the vessel, weakened by years of contamination, was clearly not suitable to contain such power as fuel lines along his arms and legs began to snap and spark. Ignoring this, Megadeath gave Cyclonus a crazed grin, a frightening sight behold considering what remained of Galvatron’s face. He never dreamed that such power existed.

In fact, the revelation was driving him into utter madness.

“You, unngh, rrrrr, want iiiiit?" Megadeath extended his hand as dark bolts sprouted from his crumbling shell and struck around him without rhyme or reason. "Come...be one with the Matriiiix.”

----

Yes. Open yourself to us, and become part of that which is whole.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus met Megadeath's manic grin with a stern, almost emotionless stare. He wasn't afraid. The Matrix had gone to so much trouble to draw him here -- it wouldn't hurt him. Not now. Not after all he had done for it.

"You see, but you don't see," he told the crumbling, somehow still-alive Decepticon. "It's not that I want the Matrix -- it wants me. You were a placeholder, a stopgap until it could find Galvatron's true heir. If only you'd been able to let go, it might not have come to this."

He stepped deeper into the deep purple light that was streaming from Megadeath/Galvatron's body, feeling it inundate him, shooting through him like a gamma ray until it illuminated every molecule of his body. In days past he would have fought it, would have resisted, would have fled as far as he could from the Matrix and its penetrating, omniscient gaze. But whatever fear Cyclonus had for his own survival had died in a Quintesson-induced coma in the streets of Crystal City two years ago.

"There are worse things," Cyclonus said, almost to himself, "than death. I've seen that first-hand. You don't frighten me."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

“He he! Hah! Ha ha ha!” Megadeath laughed as he watched Cyclonus defiantly walk through the dark light to confront him.

“Ah, Cyclonus - willing to plunge into the abyss all simply because the Matrix beckons you,” Megadeath scoffed. “You – kkkkkk - are no more a slave – or a puppet – to it than I am. But, if that is your preference….”

Dark flames swathed Megadeath’s extended hand. Bolts ran along his arm as he channeled the Matrix’s energies, generating a blast with enough clout to decimate the large chamber - and possibly Fort Scyk.

“…Let’s be consumed together, then.”

But, before Megedeath could send the attack forward, his hand began to violently twitch.

The tremors grew quicker and quicker and quicker -- until his arm exploded in a spray of corroded metal and cydraulics, destroying the upper portion of his shoulder with it.

“ARRRGGH!” He screeched.

Unable to contain the latent power Megadeath willingly unleashed, Galvatron’s body continued to shudder as fiery chunks of outer-paneling ruptured and flung itself away in a terrifying chain reaction.

“Wait! No, ssstop! STOP!” Megadeath cried.

The pain would not yield, and the Matrix did not heed.

When the strut in his knee burst, Megadeath dropped to the floor, propping himself up on his working leg. He was literally crumbling apart at the seams. He clawed and tore at his chest in a fleeting attempt to reach for the Matrix -- but as his functions failed him one by one, the task was impossible.

Megadeath’s body wanted to die.

----------

Piteous, little half-life. On the brink of death, unable to resist.

We pieced you back together. Now – we unmake you.

And with the Matrix's final judgement, Megadeath’s mutant spark was torn into tiny fragments. The bits of the spark energy then merged with the Matrix, until it completely disappeared in its light - along with Megadeath.

-------

Very slowly, Megedeath shambled towards Cyclonus, limping on a leg that refused to function. Only a few paces away, he grasped at the Decepticon with his remaining hand.

…I….will…rise...,” he wheezed.

Galvatron’s optics burned brightly one last time, flickered, then faded.

The body stood frozen for a moment, still reaching out to Cyclonus, before its joints gave out and Galvatron fell backwards onto the crumbling chamber floor. Lifeless once more.

The light of the Matrix filled the dimly lit chamber as it quietly beckoned to Cyclonus.

(OCC: Too soon?)