[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

As the purple glow started to fill the room, Cyclonus practically bathed in it. He felt Megadeath's passing viscerally, the Matrix energies enhancing his Quintesson-induced rapport with the dead to a level that he hadn't even considered possible. And as Galvatron's life force was drawn back into the Matrix, Cyclonus felt that, too.

Dropping to one knee beside his master's corpse, Cyclonus prized open Galvatron's chest panels. The deep purple glow of the Matrix washed over him again, cutting even more deeply into his mind, body and soul as it called out to him.

But Cyclonus didn't claim it. Not yet.

His hands went instead to Galvatron's face. His fingertips brushed gently against his master's -- nay, his friend's -- ruined visage, and he whispered a silent goodbye to the Decepticon who had been such a driving force in his life.

And then, without a second thought, Cyclonus balled his hand into a fist and brought it down hard in Galvatron's skull. The body, weakened severely by the release of Matrix energy, was no match for his strength. Galvatron's head split open and Cyclonus's fingers probed in the mess of wiring and circuit boards inside until they came to rest on Galvatron's brain module.

"No one will ever use you like this again," he whispered.

Then he squeezed, and Galvatron's brain module crumbled to dust.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock stumbled around the corner, still a little woozy from the fighting.
""Hey boss. Most of the mutants are dead. What's the next..." He paused, seeing Cyclonus kneeling over a body that looked haunting familiar.

"Is that...?" He began, looking towards the purple, now headless body. "Was that... What happened in here?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

(OOC: Epic fight, guys! I enjoyed reading it! :up: )

Barrage stumbled after Roadblock into the room, clutching his vibrospear in his trembling right hand, and a twisted sonic pulse gun in the other. Having regained his senses after the moment of bloodlust, Barrage could think rationally again. Well, as rational as a radiation-affected transformer damaged all over could, anyway.

Half-expecting to see Cyclonus attacking a mutant leader or something, he was greeted by the sight of the Targetmaster over a corpse... a very distinctive corpse.

He was rendered speechless, not wanting to provoke Cyclonus to do anything harsh.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus looked up from his grisly work to look at Roadblock and Barrage with a blank expression.

After all that they have seen, how could they possibly not understand what had transpired here?

"What happened..." he said quietly. Then, with more conviction, he told the troops, "What happened is we got what we came for."

Steeling himself, Cyclonus sunk his hands into Galvatron's chest, wrapped his fingers around the hand-grips on either side of the Matrix, and lifted it out of his fallen master's corpse.

"I got what we came for."

As if to emphasize the Targetmaster's words and warn off anyone who might challenge him, the Matrix itself let out a pulse of dark purple energy. It washed over Cyclonus and Nightstick, and in less than a second all of the duo's wounds had healed as if they'd never existed. A second after that their bodies seemed to melt, becoming momentarily fluid before they set into shapes that were very similar -- but still noticeably different -- than what they'd been before.

Almost as an afterthought the Matrix pulsed a third time, and the wave of energy filled the room. A healing burst that was much weaker than what it had unleashed on Cyclonus, it would still be enough to knit some of the other Decepticons' more worrisome injuries.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage watched as Cyclonus opened the Decepticon Matrix and was healed and reformatted, and the Insecticon was suitably surprised as the Matrix healed him too, as well. All the dangerous gashes and wounds the Insecticon had obtained in fighting the mutants as well as being crushed under tonnes of rock were glossed over by the Matrix energy and had simply disappeared, as if the damage never happened in the first place.

Flexing his previously missing fingers in front of his now-whole-again face, He still felt the strain on his systems, though, and Barrage could spend an entire week in stasis sleep if he could. Barrage's mandibles twitched slowly as he watched Cyclonus, but again, the Insecticon didn't say anything.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock watched, surprised as Cyclonus was completely healed, and then he himself had his most major injuries healed, which left his own repair systems able to handle the smaller injuries.

"So... What next?" He said out loud, voicing his inner thoughts. "You giving it to Gigatron, or keeping it for yourself?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Flywheels brushed off a suddenly revitalised mutant.

"looks like it's pretty indiscriminate."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"It's not my decision," Cyclonus told Roadblock. "Or Gigatron's. The Matrix has obviously made that choice for us. Gigatron will simply have to learn to live with it. Our without it, as the case may be."

Cyclonus look at his troops -- still battered and ragged-looking, but much less so now that the Matrix had graced them with its' favour.

"But we're getting ahead of ourselves," he said. "Since neither of our shuttles are flightworthy, our first order of business will be finding a way out of here."

Cyclonus stopped to ponder individual assignments along that line, but he never got the chance to issue them because, as he was opening his mouth to issue them, a starship-grade torpedo ripped through the ceiling of the room they were standing in, blasted its' way through the back wall and then detonated in the mutant-filled antechamber that the Decepticons had so recently fought their way through.

Those that were lucky were plucked from the ground and tossed out through the now-gaping holes that the explosion had created in the already-crumbling fort's walls. Those that were unlucky would find themselves burried alive under the rubble of the quickly-collapsing building.

Cyclonus was tossed about by the explosion, the Matrix and Nightstick both plucked from his hands and thrown away. He came to a decidedly rough landing outside the building, his vision and thoughts blurred by the force of the impact. But even though he was fading in and out of consciousness, he was sure -- in his rare moments of lucidity -- that he could see a flurry of grey and green shapes heading his way.

Thunderwing watched in satisfaction as his Imperial strike force set upon the ragtag band of Decepticons with a discipline that he'd never been able to instill in any of the real Decepticon units he'd commanded in the past. The soldiers' obedience and efficiency came with a price, though, he knew -- they were dreadfully dull, both as companions and in terms of battlefield tactics.

More the better, he thought to himself, as long as they do their job and give me the chance to do mine.

Thunderwing let himself wallow in self-satisfaction for a few seconds longer, then stepped down off of the ramp of his personal shuttle and started to walk purposefully toward the tug he felt deep within himself, following the siren's song of the Decepticon Matrix.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage counted himself among the lucky ones.

He was about to attack the revived mutants when the torpedo crashed onto the antechamber, and the force caused the Insecticon to be literally swept off his feet, and he crashed through a pillar, and out through a gaping hole in the wall. The Insecticon crashed on his back in a pile of miscellaneous mutant parts, a short distance away from Cyclonus.

Barrage got up immediately, and pulled his sonic pulse cannon, and without thinking opened fire on the Imperials. "Death to all who defy the Decepticon rule! Decepticons FOREVER!" The Insecticon screeched as he fired like a madman towards the Imperials, glimpsing Thunderwing among them.

The thought that the Imperials outnumber and outgun them did not occur to the resolute Insecticon.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk was battered and thrown about by the explosion. He was hit by a piece of debris.

He surmised that they had been attacked and by someone with heavy artillery. He wondered if the best option open to him was to hide.

He looked around for a likely hidey hole and spotted what had hit him the Decepticon Matrix. He hopped over to it and landed on it. As he did something flowed through himhe felt different He Decided instead of hiding as communication officer he must do his job.

He opened a com link and sent an encrypted, scrambled high speed,frequency hopping micro burst message to the Fearless

"We have discovered the Decepticon Matrix and are under attack by unknown forces please send urgent help now."

Not knowing whether the message would be received due to the local conditions he grasped the Matrix in his claws and staggered off with it flapping into the air inside the building.

~*~

Venom landed outside on his back. Despite being in shock and dazed instinct kicked in and he transformed into insect mode.

~*~

Flywheels landed with an oomph next to Nightstick.

"What the farg happened there."
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was thrown backwards, landing awkwardly among debris. As he started to get up, more fell on his head, knocking him back down. "Where the slag did that come from?" He muttered out loud, struggling to his feet. He heard gunfire from Barrage's area, and turned to look at what he was shooting at, seeing it pretty quickly. "This day just keeps getting better and better..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside Fort Scyk

Cyclonus caught sight of Thunderwing stalking through the battlefield in his general direction.

"You!" he practically bellowed. "Coming back to Cybertron will be the last mistake you'll ever make!"

Thunderwing chuckled heartily. "Ah, Cyclonus. As polite and reasonable as I remember, I see." The Pretender stopped in his tracks and stared hard at the other Decepticon. "Well, not quite as I remember. You have the infernal, ludicrous gall to consider yourself worthy of the Matrix? Strange. I never thought of you as the sort to indulge in self-delusion."

"The Matrix," Cyclonus shot back, "considers me worthy. What you or I or anyone else might think is immaterial. Leave this place now!"

"Surely you must be jesting," Thunderwing shot back. "The Matrix is, has always been and will always be mine and mine alone. As the last relic of the nobility, my claim on it is supreme and insoluble. Trying to cast it as some sort of...ridiculous metaphysical judge of who shall wield it...it's ridiculous. I'm shocked and disappointed, because I would have thought that such religious nonsense was beneath even you."

"You know what else is beneath me, Thunderwing?" Cyclonus took a step forward and struck the taller Decepticon with an uppercut that had him staggering backwards. "You."

Nightstick pushed himself up out of the pile of rubble he'd fallen into in time to see Squawktalk trying to make off with the Matrix.

Igniting the thrusters built into his boots, he took to the air and paced the cassette.

"Trust me when I say," Nightstick told the Decepticon, "you really don't want to do this."

Not far away Skullcruncher lay in stasis lock, impaled on a sizable chunk of debris.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk staggered through the air.

"You are probably correct however I cannot let this fall into our attackers hands. Normally i would leave it to another however having touched the Matrix i felel more determined. Less cowardly. If you have any alternative suggestions to a cours eof action I should take I am willing to listen?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Outside Fort Scyk

Barrage grunted as a few Imperials fired onto him, but the Insecticon tore off limbs from a few of the green and grey generics, and scored a headshot. His attention was called by Thunderwing and Cyclonus bickering nearby. The Insecticon gave a roar, and charged the former. Activating his energo spear, Barrage attempted to lance Thunderwing's side.

"Nobility is overrated." the Insecticon hissed, "And you are a traitor, a deluded fool who thinks he can lead anything. At least the likes of Starscream did not sell out our race... you are nothing but pond scum!"

(OOC: Why yes, Barrage is suicidal. Why do you ask? ;) )
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"I'm not a big tactical thinker," Nightstick admitted to Squawktalk, "but it's pretty obvious that you've got what Thunderwing wants, and if he comes to get it, you can't stop him. Running away won't do you any good. And if he's anything like Cyc, he can sense where it is, so hiding won't help either. You need to use your head. Trick him, set a trap, something."

"I figure a brainy guy like you can figure something out." Nightstick gulped. "Me, I've gotta go do what I do best and help Cyc try to shoot holes in the guy."

Barrage's attack cut a shallow groove in Thunderwing's Pretender shell, and he responded with a dismissive, deceptively weak-looking backhand that could send the other Decepticon flying if it landed.

"And your opinion might even carry some weight," he told the Insecticon without deigning to look at him, "if you were even vaguely sentient. Now be a dear and let the adults talk."

Cyclonus cut into his monologue with a right hook to the jaw. "Oh, shut up already!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Venom flew discreetly up the ramp into the shuttle..

~*~

Squawktalk paused looking grim.

"What to do what to do. I don't know how to set a trap. Maybe I could take it somewhere he couldn't follow."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage was about to say something witty to Thunderwing, but he saw the backhand coming, and ducked, swinging the vibro-spear at the Pretender's left leg, aiming to cause Thunderwing to lose his footing while Cyclonus attacked Thunderwing's face.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock waded into a group of Imperials, taking a few hits as he did so, but nothing too bad. He felt energized by the matrix's healing moments ago, and proceeded to take it out on the Imperial troops. Ducking a punch from one, he swung an uppercut through another, and then turned his saw blade on, shredding the bot's insides, and making sure he wouldn't get up. He turned and back-handed the bot he had ducked moments prior, and flung his comrade at him, pinning him to the ground. He locked a missle on the the duo, and fired, taking them both out of the fight.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"He turns into a jet and can blast his way into any small hiding places you might think of," Nightstick told Squawktalk. "But tactics? Not really my thing. Maybe Venom or one of the others might have some ideas."

Barrage's slash left another shallow groove on Thunderwing's pretender shell.

"You're still here, peon?" He sighed melodramatically. "Well, I suppose I'll lower myself to spend enough time to dispose of you."

Drawing his cyclone cannon, he fired a burst of compressed air point-blank at the Insecticon.

"Fly away now, little bug."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Venom stung the pilot injecting him with neuro toxin. He collapsed writhing in agony.

He then transformed and strarted to manipulate the door controls.

~*~

Squawktalk struggled over to a vent leading into some subterranean pipework

"maybe if I take it underground I can protect it . He will be unable to follow directly and any other acess will nee him to fight through hordes of mutants."

He pried at the hatch with his beak.

His resolve faltered and he commed Cyclonus

"Cyclonus I have it what shall I do."