[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage's red optics widened slightly as Thunderwing's infamous weapon came into play, but if the Insecticon was afraid, he didn't show it. "So you got another after that Autobot- Nightbeat stole the old one. Patheti-"

Barrage's sentence was cut mid-way as the blast of air picked him up and launched him towards a pile of dead mutant bodies... and some more questionable things. "Ehrnnn..." Barrage lay there, trying (and failing) to get himself back up on his feet.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"Peon," Thunderwing scoffed derisively. "As if he could even pretend to challenge a peer of the realm."

Then he turned his attention back to Cyclonus. "Now, as for you..."

Cyclonus punched him in the jaw again. "As for me, I'm going to tear your cowardly chassis out of that shell. Then we'll see just how arrogant you are when you don't have all these toys at your disposal, hmm?"

"That's one possibility," Thunderwing said. "Here's another."

Moving faster than even his own sensors could track, Thunderwing drove his right fist into Cyclonus's midsection, doubling him over. Then he took a step closer, swept the Targetmaster's legs out from under him and knocked him face-first to the ground.

Thunderwing dropped on top of Cyclonus, pinning one of his arms behind his back.

"I have hundreds of Imperials with me," he said, his tone one that way half bragging and half taunting, "and thousands more close by, if those aren't enough. And just like you, I can hear the Matrix's call from anywhere on the planet. There is nowhere you can hide it from me, and I will never stop coming for it. Even if you win today, I'll be there tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. So if you value your life of the lives of your minions at all, you'll surrender the Matrix to me right this instant!"

Even though his face was pressed down into the tarmac, Cyclonus couldn't help but smile. Thunderwing's legendary arrogance had risen to an unprecedented level -- the Pretender was so sure of his superiority that he had no idea what he'd just brought down on himself with his unguarded words. And although Cyclonus thought he had a fairly good shot at escaping Thunderwing's grasp and pummelling him into submission, he realized that Thunderwing had given him a golden opportunity...if he was brave enough to grasp it.

Giving up the Matrix, even temporarily, is an even bigger sacrifice than I could ever have imagined. But the benefits...the benefits could outweigh that a thousand-fold.

Squawktalk's signal came through silently on the Targetmaster's internal comm. And even though Cyclonus knew what had to be said, it took a few seconds before he was able to drag the words out. "Give it to Thunderwing," he told the cassette. "Trust me. I'll explain later."

Speaking aloud again, he assumed a defiant tone, but made sure to inject just the right amount of defeat into it. "You win this round, Thunderwing. The Matrix is yours...for today, anyway."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle

safe in the control deck of the shuttle. Venomflew over to a computer console and began to plunder the ships databanks.

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk gazed at Nightstick in puzzlement

"H-he wants me to hand it over t-to Thunderwing what do you think is it a trap , is he under duress, hypnotised, was our communication intercepted?

He hopped over to Nightstick

"think of a question only Cyclonus would know the correct answer to?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"You could ask him who he used to be before Unicron turned him into Cyclonus," Nightstick suggested. Then he groaned and said, "Not that it would do us much good, since I don't know."

Then he grinned. "Ask him about the pet I tried to bring with me when we left Nebulos."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk opened a com to Cyclonus

"Will do Sir , I just need to ask you one question first. What pet did Nightstick try and bring with him when you left Nebulos?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"You're paranoid," Cyclonus replied to Squawktalk over the radio. "Good. I like paranoid.." His voice got a bit more distant as he thought back over the years. "I don't remember what it was called, but it looked like a giant purple hedgehog with duck's feet. The accursed thing sweated and vomited so much that it took me a month to get its' stench out of my cockpit. Naturally, I vented the abomination into space."

Nightstick chuckled. "Yeah, that's just about right," he admitted, giving Squawktalk a nod.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk replied to Cyclonus

"Cyclonus Sir , Thunderwing has no need to keep us alive once he has the Matrix. If you give me a few moments I will leave it in the centre of the parade ground and then retreat to a location of safety."

He turned to Nightstick

"hurry we must leave the Matrix in the centre of the Forats parade ground."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage struggled up to his feet, his entire body aching after the assault from the cyclone cannon. Barrage was about to leap into battle again when he realized that Thunderwing and Cyclonus were... negotiating?

Barrage was about to open fire on the Pretender when common sense told him that it would only endanger the other Decepticons, so Barrage transformed into insect mode, and buzzed away, in hopes of finding Venom. In situations like these, Venom always knows what to do...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"Gotcha," Nightstick said to Squawktalk. Then he frowned. "I, uh, have no idea where that is. You lead the way?"

Cyclonus looked up at Thunderwing and spat, "They're taking it to the parade ground and leaving it there for you."

"They don't trust me not to kill them out of hand once I have my prize? For shame!" Thunderwing shook his head. "Who do they take me for, a violent peon like Galvatron?"

The Pretender rose to his feet and cast Cyclonus aside.

"Very well. I shall collect the Matrix, and you won't interfere." He turned his back on Cyclonus with an air of contempt. "If your men double-cross me, I'll order my troops to nuke the city. One suspects it's probably used to it by now, but you and your followers probably aren't."

As the Pretender transformed to vehicle mode and few away, Cyclonus seethed...but at the same time, he was absolutely sure that he was doing what needed to be done, in the long run.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawkstalk flapped through the air matrix dangling in his claws.

"This way I think."

Shuttle

Venom all data possible form the shuttle gleaned carefully removed an acess panel and started making some adjustments.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

As soon as Thunderwing had left the scene, Barrage made his way towards Cyclonus' side, checking if the Unicron-spawned Decepticon was alright. The Insecticon reached out to help him up, but stopped at the last second. After all, Cyclonus might be insulted by the gesture.

"Sure hope you know what you're doing, boss..." Barrage mumbled, watching as Thunderwing flew away. "That psychopath's gonna kill us, no matter what he says."
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock made his way towards Barrage and Cyclonus. "I hope whatever plan you have works... We're gonna have a hard time toppling that guy as it is, much less if he gets the Matrix."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Nightstick ignited the thrusters in his boots and followed Squawktalk. After a few minutes' flight, he pointed down toward the ground, where the remnants of a large open square could be seen.

"That what we're looking for?"

"Oh, I'm sure he will," Cyclonus told Barrage. "Or he would, if he got the chance. He's not going to, though, because we won't be here."

As he climbed slowly to his feet -- he'd allowed Thunderwing to think him beaten, but that didn't mean that the aristocrat's attacks hadn't hurt -- he opened a comm to Venom.

"Venom, if you're still functional I've got a job for you. We need a way out of here and we need it fast. Do you think you could sneak aboard the Imperials' shuttle and commandeer it for us?"

(OOC: ;) )

Replying to Roadblock he just said, "Maybe. But if I'm right, Thunderwing taking the Matrix will actually make our work easier in the long run."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage blanched at the mere thought of retreating, but nodded solemnly. All this way, all the grief, only to have the Matrix snatched from their hands! "I could distract Thunderwing while you guys make off with the Matrix." Barrage offered, but shrugged, " 'Course, if you think Thunderwing having the Matrix would benefit us..."

Barrage looked around, searching for the rest of their team. He could see Skullcruncher and what looked like Flywheels near their group of three. Venom is versatile enough to survive, while Squawktalk had just been talking to Cyclonus. The rest of them, however, were nowhere in sight...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle

Venom bumped his head on the lip of the access panel as his com came alive.

"Ahead of you there chief . I'm justy trying to overcome the software interlocks. Otherwise the flight deck is all ours. The Imps seem oblivious.

~*~

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk dropped the matrix slightly off centre of th emiddle of the parade ground.

"I guess it must be, one big open space is as good as another. Thunbderwing can track it so he'll find it whereever we put it. So lets scram, vamoose, amscray , beat feet. Can you keep up or do you want to fly AIr Squawktalk I should be able to carry you."
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

"I guess i"ll ask the question everyone around here wants to ask, but no one else will." Roadblock said, looking at Cyclonus. "How will Thunderwing having the Matrix help us, short term or long term?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"I knew there was I reason why I liked Insecticons," Cyclonus said with a smile when Venom got back to him. "I'm sending the rest of the troops to meet you. Once they're aboard, get out of here. I'll provide air cover in case the Imperials object to us borrowing their ship."

Turning back to Roadblock and Barrage, he told them, "I know I'm asking a lot of you two," he said, "but you're going to have to trust me on this. Once we're safely away from the Imperial threat I'll answer any questions you have, but right now, we don't have the time. I need you two to grab Skullcruncher and Flywheels and get them to the shuttle."

Ruckus, Growl and Backfire were nowhere to be seen, but Cyclonus had neither the time nor the inclination to search for them. His first priority right now had to be getting the troops that were still alive to safety.

"Squawktalk, Venom has liberated the Imperials' shuttle for us. Can you make it there before liftoff, or do you need pickup?"

"I kept up on the way here, didn't I?" Nightstick shrugged. "I'll manage, Squawky." Reluctantly he added, "But thanks for asking."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Venom made a last few adjustments and swung the access panel shut.

He then replied to Cyclonus

"copy that , just finished making a few adjustments . The shutles all ours. The loading ramp is already deployed so it'll be simple to get everyone aboard."

~*~

Squawktalk replied

"Ok Nightstick we need to head for the Imperials shuttle do you think we can make it in time?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

"Right, right." Barrage replied to Cyclonus. "You'll explain later. Okay..." The Insecticon, not putting much thought into what had happened, got into action and approached the body of Skullcruncher, snapping off a few blasts from his sonic gun to discourage a few curious mutants.

"Skully?" Barrage asked the Headmaster, trying to pull the larger Headmaster to his feet, "Grax? Skullcruncher? You guys hear me?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock took in what Cyclonus said and transformed. He drove over to Flywheels. "Still functional?"