[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Flywheels carefully picked himself up off the ground

"Just about, whats happening now?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

"Time to get the frag out of here." Roadblock said to Flywheels. "We're retreating. The boss will explain once we're safe."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"It's not exactly something I'm keen to gamble about," Nightstick told Squawktalk. "If pickup is available, by all means, lets take it."

Skullcruncher didn't respond to Barrage, or so much as move or twitch.

Cyclonus transformed and took to the air. Responding to Venom, he said, "Great work. Take off as soon as our people are aboard...or sooner, if you have to leave to avoid Imperial entanglements."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk picked up the pace.

"Lets go then."

~*~

Flywheels nodded towards Barrage and Skullcruncher

"maybe we should give Barrage a hand."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage sighed and began to drag Skullcruncher by the shoulder towards the Imperial ship. Waving at Flywheels and Roadblock, he called out, "Howzabout giving me a hand with sleeping ugly here?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Flywheels picked up Skullcrunchers tail end and helped Barrage move him.
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock came over, transformed, and helped ease the burden on Flywheels and Barrage, hefting some of the weight of SkullCruncher. "Let's get him aboard the shuttle before the imperials come back."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Cyclonus blasted through the air as fast as his newly-refurbished fusion engines would take him. After a scant few seconds of travel time, he was picking up Squawktalk and Nightstick on his sensors. Throwing his engines into reverse, he transmitted, "My cockpit is open. Get inside and strap in."

Not far away, Thunderwing approached the Matrix where it lay, unprotected, on the ground.

I don't believe it, he thought. They wouldn't be foolish enough to just give it to me, would they?

"Ah, well," he said. "If the peons want to make it easy for me, far be it from me to object."

He bent over, hand outstretched, to pick up the Matrix...

And then there was a flash of purple light, and the world around him disappeared.

A pair of Imperial footsoldiers noticed the Decepticons milling around their shuttle and shouted out in alarm.

"Stop them!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk put on a burst of speed and shot into Cyclonus' cockpit.

~*~

Venom swivelled from the navigation controls to the wepons board and started putting the shuttles weapons online.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Combat. Now this was something I could relate to. Barrage thought. After all the weirdness and scheming beyond the thug's simple mind, the Insecticon was hungry for some conflict.

"I'll cover our escape!" Barrage shouted to Flywheels and Roadblock, "You two get Skullcruncher into the ship."

The Insecticon let his hands off from the Headmaster's side and pulled his remaining sonic machinegun from his hip, joining the firepower provided by Venom. "Come and get some!" Barrage roared, letting sonic bullets rip towards the Imperial soldiers. His hip cannons joined in the attack, opening fire with conventional bullets.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Nightstick fell into Cyclonus's cockpit beside Squawktalk and started to strap himself in.

"You'll have to transform, Squawky," he said, "or we'll never get the hatch shut."

Several Imperials were hit by Barrage's wild attack, and they dropped to the ground.

"Who are you?"

"What do you want?"

"Why are you here?"

"Where are you going?"

Thunderwing heard the voices, whispers from the Matrix that were for his ears only. He smiled. "I am Thunderwing, Lord High Commander of the Decepticons. The Matrix is mine, by right and by title."

"He doesn't understand."

"He seeks to turn us from the path."

"Unacceptable."

"He is not the Chosen."

"What are you talking about?" Thunderwing's face had turned from an expression of joy to one of bewilderment and annoyance.

"You have a role to play."

"But not the one you want."

"Your obsession with power will be your undoing."

"That is your destiny."

"No!" Thunderwing raged, furious that the Matrix would reject him out of hand like this. "My destiny is to rule! To stand at the vanguard of a unified Decepticon race!"

"No."

"You have a destiny."

"Because of you, the Decepticons will come together."

"But you will never lead."

"How dare you?" If he had been able to see where the voices were coming from, Thunderwing would have lashed out in fury. "I am a peer of the realm, the last of my kind. No one will deny me my birthright -- not even you!"

"No."

"We deny you nothing."

"You do not understand."

"You do not see."

"Then explain yourselves to me!"

"No."

"If you knew, you would never do what you must do."

"But you have a role to play."

"When the time comes, you will know."

The purple light around him faded, and Thunderwing found himself back on the parade ground. He reached forward again and took the Matrix into his hand. But even while he was touching it, he felt nothing, none of the longing tug that the Autobot Matrix and Chaos Matrix had greeted him with in times past.

"It doesn't want me," he whispered incredulously.

It took a few seconds for the aristocrat to regain his composure, but when he did, he straightened his back and harumphed. "Very well, so be it. We have all the time in the world. You will be mine eventually, even if I have to rip out the sparks of every other Decepticon with the slightest hint of the Affinity."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk transformed and a cassette skittered across the cockpit seat.

~*~

Venom hosed the Imperials with the shuttles weapons. The shuttles ramp thudded open a welcoming haven to the fleeing Decepticons. Flywheels staggered towards it with his burden of Headmaster
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

Barrage continued opening fire on the Imperials, but now that the shuttle doors were open, he was moving backwards to keep up with Flywheels, Roadblock and Skullcruncher.

"Hurry up!" The Insecticon grunted as his free hand activated his energo-spear with a hiss. "The little guys die easily, but there's a lot of them. And we'll be in deep slag if the big ugly returns!"
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was grateful for the covering fire they were getting as they made their way to the shuttle. Still lifting his part of the load, he proceeded up the ramp, turning his head towards Barrage as he passed the other bot. "Stop complaining. We made it, didn't we?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle Ramp

Flywheels glared at Roadblock

"don't jinx us now we're not out of the smelting pool yet."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle Ramp

Barrage cursed under his breath as he continued peppering fire towards the Imperials. "Yes. There's still that stuck-up Thunderwing, lest us forget. He'll eat us if he ever catches up with us."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

Nightstick hastily caught Squawktalk as the cassette skittered toward the edge of the cockpit, then dogged the hatch shut.

Half a second later, Cyclonus' engines kicked in at full burn, putting distance between them and Thunderwing with almost five Gs worth of acceleration.

More Imperials fell as a result of the Decepticons' defensive fire, but those of them that could, took to the air and began to strafe both the shuttle and the ground around it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle Ramp

"Oh, slaggin' hell." Barrage said, as the Imperials took to the air. "And me without a jetpack." The Insecticon aimed up and sent a few shots from his sonic machineguns towards the enroaching foes, while scanning the skies for Cyclonus or Thunderwing's arrival. He wasn't really hoping to encounter the latter.

"Venom, use the shuttle's guns! Take down the fliers!" Barrage shouted into the shuttle, not certain whether his fellow Insecticon could hear him.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle

Venom opened a general scrambled com link to his fellow Decepticons.

"All aboard I'm going to try and raise the shields."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle Ramp

Barrage fired off a few parting shots at the Imperials, before helping Roadblock and Flywheels push Skullcruncher up the ramp. "Cyclonus and the others haven't arrived yet!" the Insecticon hissed.