[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

At such close range Brawl didn’t even have time to react as Cryotek’s dragon arm began spewing ice. The brunt of the attack hit him square in the chest, knocking him flat on ground.

Brawl struggled to sit up as he wiped the frost from his visor; he looked down at his chest to see what damage he had taken. Aside from some new cracks and dents on his chest armour, it didn’t look that bad.

But that was on the outside Brawl knew he was hurt bad internally, He could feel it. The attack had almost completely frozen his torso to the point that he could feel some internal systems shutting down and on top of that he was pretty sure he had felt a couple oil lines rupture. He would undoubtedly be bleeding oil all over the place after he thawed out.

“Finish Him!” Brawl shouted at Road Hugger and Crack Shot as he got up off the ground.

Crack Shot was lucky enough that he had only gotten clipped in the shoulder by Cryotek’s attack. He didn’t need to hear it from Brawl to start shooting. The second he saw that dragon arm move he’d opened fire at Cryotek on full automatic.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek grinned as Brawl fell away, heavily iced. He turned his attention on Crack Shot next, advancing on the Combaticon even as his automatic fire sent chips of ice and armour (if there was even a difference where Cryotek was concerned) flying off in all directions.

"How 'bout a hug?" he asked, smiling viciously as he tried to wrap his long dragon-head arm around the other Transformer. Cryotek hoped to draw the gunner into a deadly, icy embrace before his rapid-fire weapon managed to pierce the Predacon's heavy chest armour and do serious damage.

Uptown

"Then run back to your masters and tell them to lay down their weapons," Thunderwing told Slapdash. "As of this moment, Cybertron is a dominion of the Cybertronian Empire. IF you bow to the Liege Maximo no one needs to get hurt. But if you resist..."

Thunderwing smiled, his golden face and jigsaw fangs twisting into a mockery of a friendly expression. "Well, you don't want to resist. Now run along."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash nodded

"Yes Lord Thunderwing"

Slapdash transformed and shot off.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger had moved as soon as he saw Cryotek so much as twitch, but that didn't stop the ice breath from washing over his right flank, locking up joints in his right arm and leg. Road Hugger's Scrapmaker minigun whirred to life... and jammed, due to frost collecting on the firing mechanism.

"Damn it." Road Hugger hissed, shaking his head to snap off the frost that had collected near the neck joints. Fortunately Cryotek was preoccupied with Crack Shot, so Road Hugger raised Chopster, took aim at Cryotek's head. Although his hand was shaking, Road Hugger pressed the trigger anyway.

"Hug this, dragon-breath!" Road Hugger yelled, trying to divide the Predacon's attention between him and Crack Shot.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek's head swung around to see what Road Hugger was going on about, and caught a heat beam square in the face. He shrieked and dropped to the ground, half of his face falling away in icy shards.

"Nice shot!" Chopster told Road Hugger. The Minicon transformed to axe mode in the Combaticon's hand, his sharpened blades glowing with heat. "Now let's finish him off!"
Blackjack

ooc: before you ask- I can't resist.

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Yes!" Road Hugger's optics widened as Chopster transformed in his hand into an axe.

He gripped Chopster in a two-handed grip and forced himself to move, the movement cracked the ice on his joints as he charged towards Cryotek. His feet crushed the ice in his way, and he let loose a battle cry as he came towards the fallen mafia, the glow from Chopster lighting him up eerily.

He swung Chopster in a arc set to behead Cryotek, and shouted the first thing that came to his head: "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Comabticon Warehouse

"They'll have to," Cerebros told Onslaught. "Unless you believe Gigatron will come to our aide, they are our only allies."

He nodded to the Combaticon leader, "Stay alive, Onslaught, and keep in touch," Cerebros said, then turned away from his host and left the room.

He moved hastily back down the corridor toward the exit of the warehouse.

(OOC: More soon when I have a moment to write something...well, better.)

Medbay, Steelhaven

"I already recommended that I switch on his circuit dampeners," Hoist told Stratus as he selected a panel from his station and brought it an exposed portion on Aero Blade's chest. "And I dare not give him an EMP jolt, or pumping him with nanomechs or sedatives knowing how sensitive his systems are. Certainly not without his consent."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

"Definitely do NOT do EMP, he's delicate," Stratus spoke rather hastily in response to Hoist. "But look at the guy! Does he look like he's having fun? He just hasn't said anything because he things he can get out of here faster if he bites on his vocodor."

"Stratus!" Aero Blade snapped, followed immediately by a sharp wince. The minicon was in serious trouble from the sound of Aero's tone, but Stratus hardly looked phased.

"See? He's got pain, do something."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Height

Crack Shot stopped retreating when he saw; Road Hugger’s shots severely hurt Cryotek. But before he could reload his weapon and get a shot off, He could see his comrade was already in hand to hand combat with.

“Now that’s how it’s done!” Crack Shot shouted as Road Hugger finished Cryotek.

Brawl stood watching Road Hugger, annoyed that he had foolishly taken such a bad hit and was unable to be the one to kill Cryotek. But at any rate the Mafioso was dead, or at least he soon would be, and the end result was something Brawl was quiet content with.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Chopster felt a rush of satisfaction as he felt his blades carve up Cryotek's face. When the dragon didn't get back up, he transformed to robot mode, dropped to the ground and kicked him.

Combaticon Warehouse

"He'll come," Onslaught told Cerebros. "He's too obsessed not to."

After the Autobot left, he muttered to himself, "the question is, will he come in time?"

Transforming to vehicle mode, Onslaught rolled out for Uptown Protihex.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger exhales heavily several times as he registered Chopster tear Cryotek's head apart.

The Combaticon watched as the Minicon kicked Cryotek. "Chopster... is... is he dead?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger exhales heavily several times as he registered Chopster tear Cryotek's head apart, then nodded approvingly. The Combaticon watched as the Minicon kicked Cryotek. "Chopster... is... is he dead?"

Turning to Brawl, he said, "We need to get to the Imperials."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

“Your right, the more time we waste here the more damage the imperials will cause to the city.” Brawl replied as he walked over to pick up his gun that he had lost during the fight.

“Get on the line with Onslaught, tell him we’ve destroyed Cryotek and that we’re preparing to intercept the imperial forces.” He said to Road Hugger.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"Looks pretty dead to me," Chopster told Road Hugger, taking the time to spit on the Predacon's corpse.

Crossing his gun-arms, he added, "And make sure that someone evacuates Smolder! He needs a medic, and a proper CR chamber."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Right. You two okay?" Road Hugger told Brawl and Chopster as he began moving. He opened a commlink to Onslaught. The ex-Micromaster began moving, and winced as pain flared on his sides. Cryotek's cold had numbed it before, but now the pain from the ruptured hydraulics and fuel lines hit him full force. As he raised his right arm to his mouthplate, his left arm gripped his side instinctively. He was built for hit-and-run, not for prolonged battles.

"Boss, we've killed Cryotek. But we need backup, and a medevac team. Smolder's torn up pretty bad." Road Hugger said, trying to keep the pain out of his voice.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"I'm OK," Chopster told Road Hugger. Noticing the other Combaticon's pained expression he added, "What about you?"

Streets

"Can you travel?" Onslaught thought about the troop-deployment orders he'd just sent out. "We're in the middle of a full-scale Imperial invasion, Road Hugger. I can divert someone to your position if I have to, but it might take them longer to get there than for you to get back to base."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Combaticon Warehouse

Slapdash roared up at full tilt and skidded to a halt before transforming.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger swore at hearing Onslaught's reply. "Damn. Situation sounds bad. I don't think we can move Smolder, we're having trouble stabilizing him as it is. Don't think we're in any position to travel. Maybe the Autobots could send a medic?"

Turning to Chopster, Road Hugger shrugged. "I'm okay. Only a flesh wound. Won't be fighting hand-to-hand for a bit, I imagine." The ex-Micromaster regarded Brawl and Crack Shot as well when he said his next words, "The Boss says we're having a full-scale invasion by Imperials. I don't think I'm in a shape to rush into battle, but I sure as hell ain't going to stand here while the Imperials tear our planet apart. What say you three?"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

“I’ll live.” Brawl replied to Road Hugger, though an actual medical opinion would have said otherwise.

Brawl had his comm.-link open as he listened to the conversation between Onslaught and Road Hugger. He was concerned by the thought of having to defend against such a large force, but like Road Hugger he wasn’t about to allow the imperials to march up to their door step without a fight.

“I say we leave Servo and Smolder behind until help arrives. In the mean time, I’m all for us moving in and giving our imperial friends a warm welcome to Protihex.” He said to Road Hugger and Onslaught.

“I’m fine, but I don’t think the four of us can hold off an invasion.” Crack Shot replied to Road Hugger.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"No, we won't." Road Hugger told Crack Shot. "But the Imperials will be distracted by the bulk of Onslaught's forces, and won't expect the four of us. We can hide atop some buildings, lay down cover fire and sniper fire and the like. Or maybe even sneak aboard their ship and sabotage it, perhaps?"

Road Hugger tapped a finger at his Scrapmaker cannon, pawing at the frost that had built around the rotating mechanism. "Besides it's a waste to let all this ammo go to waste, no?"