[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Freeway looks in. He shivers. "Of all the entry ways, I had to find the filthiest one. I should be able to fit in here." Freeway gets in a already scratches some of his paintjob. "Frag it. There goes the painjob." Closely behind Wheelie he says: "I hope we're out of this tunnel fast, I don't like small spaces much."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Breifing Room

"And how do you propose we do that without being spotted ourselves?" Fortress Maximus asked Hyperdrive.

(OOC: Sorry, I'll add more as soon as there are more updates. Plus, I need to get the Perceptor thing out of the way)

Steelhaven, Medbay

While Ratchet examined Perceptor’s neural processor from cyberspace, outside, to an onlooker his movements appeared slight, almost still. Periodically he would motion the tools he gripped in each hand towards a precise location in Perceptor’s neo-cortex before standing stock-still once more.

In the ethereal-like realm, a holographic display hovered in front of Ratchet indicating that he had successfully fused another junction between his patient’s neo-cortex to the rest of the neural network. “Okay, connection successful and is responding,” Ratchet mused. “Onto the next.”

Carefully he guided his hands to another region, once more fusing the severed link. “Phew…Got it.”

On cue, and quite to Ratchet’s astonishment, the digitized environment his avatar floated within began to come to life. Streams of esoteric figures glowed brighter and rushed quicker all around him.

“INTIALIZING,” a voice echoed throughout the surreal plain. “IRREGULARITY DETECTED.”

“Uh-oh,” Ratchet reflexively looked above him, as if to seek out the voice. “I can take a hint.”

As Ratchet yanked the peripheral device connecting him to Perceptor’s neural net, a jolt, more than likely a security measure, caused Ratchet reel back and crash to the floor of the medbay. He lay dazedly for a moment while he gathered his senses.

Oooh…owww…..nasty little firewall you have there,” he moaned. Sitting up, Ratchet rubbed the top of his head before looking to the slab his patient rested. He was taken aback by what he saw. Perceptor, rather casually, sat upright, seemingly unaware of his exposed cybernetic brain.

“Ratchet?” he looked down bewilderedly at the medic. “What ever are you—” Perceptor paused to touch the top of his head. “Oh dear. I seemed to have misplaced my cranial casing.”

Perceptor glanced around, soon spotting his “helm” resting behind him. “Ah, there it is, I found it.” He smiled as he lifted it up and slid it back on.

“Perceptor, please…let me help you with that,” Ratchet said. “You shouldn’t strain yourself. You’ve been offline for…”

“Oh, no need to bother yourself, I can manage,” he replied as he reached for a socket wrench and began to fasten his helm to his head. As he worked the tool, he looked around the medbay, immediately spotting Hoist with Sucker Punch – obviously recognizing the former – then looked to another corner and spotted Gnaw and Shockwave. This sight seemed to amuse him.

“Do correct me, Ratchet, but are my registries accurate? Has a stellar cycle elapsed?” He inquired.

“I’m afraid so,” Ratchet told him. “[insert day & month] to be precise.”

“Hmm, I see,” Perceptor answered. “Well then...I'll need to be recapitulated on matters."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

Hyperdrive looked up at Fortress Maximus and shrugged, "Could go in there, guns blazing, and kill them all." Hyperdrive said with a loony grin. "Of course, since you're an Autobot an' all, we could drill our way in and place an energy siphon. Better yet, sneak in Wolfy's squishie partner and your smaller self to sabotage them, or mebbe to siphon those energy out. Small guys tend to go unnoticed, take it from me."

The thuggish Decepticon scratched his head, "Don't we have teleporters or the like? I mean, I remember that time when Megsy sent us to the Ark from Cybertron with portals... any chance we could have one of those?"
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Steelhaven Medbay

Hoist wished he was surprised by the damaged cons statement, but he wasn’t. Hoists dealings with Shockwave had taught him that although he was extremely intelligent and powerful he lacked the ability to form meaningful attachments to other bots. It made perfect sense that Sucker Punch one of Shockwaves own creations would have been given minimal programming and training in regards to interpersonal relations. Hoist as jovial as ever decided to extend the arm of friendship.

“Well then Sucker Punch we can’t have you drinking alone can we? Hoists the name and repairs are the game. Speaking of which, your repairs are almost done. I was meant to have clocked off several astro seconds ago well that was until you turned up. What’s say we get you reacquainted with Cybertron and some good old fashioned energon brew?”

Hoist was interrupted by the minor commotion in the corner, he turned just in time to witness Shockwave issuing his commands to Knaw. It was obvious by the Sharkticons expression that he was not receiving or understanding the instructions very well. Hoist decided to lend a hand,

“Knaw straighten out your transistors he isn’t going to hurt you”, Hoist glared at Shockwave briefly.

“He means take the data to the big red and blue guy! You know, Optimus Prime the one who likes to make speeches all the time? Our courageous leader?”

Again Hoist was interrupted, he turned around to see the familiar form of Preceptor. He took a few steps towards the Autobot scientist quite obviously happy to see he back on line.

Preceptor! Well I do say, good show SIR. BLOODY good show! You had us all worried there for a sec, sorry but I must dispense with the pleasantries as you can see I’m in the middle of a repair job here” he said with his arms out streched.

Hoist returned and continued to add the finishing touches to Sucker Punches shoulder repairs.

“As you can see Sucker Punch, it’s all systems go here”.

(OOC sorry its a little long! Have been busy at work sometimes I wish the students were more like Transformers. Then I could jsut give them a program to download instead of teaching them!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Pointblank fires Peacemaker randomly and various targets. This is a waste of my time, but I can't abandon the mission now. The others are counting on me, he thinks.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

"Sadly, teleportation isn't an option," Fortress Maximus told Hyperdrive. "We don't know if orbital bounce would work in conjunction to the energy fields installed around Templar Heights. And lest we forget, aside from leaving its passengers momentarily disoriented, teleportation also leaves an easily detectable energy signature. Remember, this is a clandestine operation."

(OOC: Also, we tend not to rely on teleportation in the RPG unless the story necessitates it. Otherwise we run the risk of players (mis)using it as a cop-out or a means to circumvent plot structures. I'm not accusing you of doing this, of course, just thought I'd put that out there :))

"But yes, siphoning or sabotaging the fuel lines is the more practical, as well as safer, solution," Fortress Maximus continued. "Of course, due to the nature of this operation, my 'extended' self (OOC: Cerebros) will accompany you. The form you see now will remain on standby in the event that we are detected and require a hasty retreat. So, to recap: our targets are the fuel reserves marked here and here," he pointed to the projection. "Our secondary target is the field generator."

"Got it. I'm ready when you are, Bigbot," Inferno said.

"Good. If there is nothing else any of you wish to add," Fortress Maximus looked to Weirdwolf and Hyperdrive. "Then each of you upload a copy of this map, then follow me to the armoury."

--------

Medbay

"Then I will not distract you further. It's good to see you, though, Hoist," Perceptor nodded. "We must find time to catch up, but first..."

Perceptor climbed off the slab, much to Ratchet's frustration.

"Perceptor, please, at least wait for me to give you a thorough check-up," Ratchet protested.

"I assure you Ratchet, I am in functioning order. But, I appreciate your concern," he waved dismissively.

Leaving no further room for argument, Perceptor turned away from Ratchet and approached the opposite corner of the large room where Shockwave and Gnaw stood. He wore an amused expression as he approached

"Hrmmm," Ratchet grumbled. Reaching for a diagnostic scanner from his work station, he chased after Perceptor.

(OOC: More to come. Need to figure out a couple of things first)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

At the sound of the door openning, and Arrowhead's consequent reaction, Aero Blade found himself stepping in front of the other mech, putting himself inbetween the would-be threat and his would-be helper.

In the back of his mind, Aero wondered briefly what he was doing, once again about to put himself in a situation where he was likely going to have to fight. The feeling passed quickly, the realization coming an going just as fast - Arrowhead had already put so much on the line to help Aero Blade, it was far past time to do the same. Regardless of whatever was about to come in, Aero Blade kept himself at the ready to contend with it.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven

Weirdwolf transformed

Monzo glared at Hyperdrive.

"Very ready you are to volunteer people for a suicide mission."

Weirdwolf growled softly.

"Let us weapons go seek."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Briefing Room, Steelhaven

(OOC: Got it, ziggy. Just realized that I haven't tried teleporting in the RPG, actually. ;) )

Hyperdrive nodded at Fortress Maximus as he uploaded a copy of the map. Finally, some real action! Hyperdrive grinned as he thought of the carnage that was sure to follow in his wake.

The ex-Micromaster turned to Weirdwolf and sneered, "Yeah, but don't forget, I'll be accompanying you as well. If you have the resources to downsize me back into my little form, that is. I mean, a big body has its perks and all, but this mission calls for stealth, and I'm willing to trade in this body temporarily for a smaller body for us to succeed."

Hyperdrive shrugged, "Of course, it's all up to whether you Autobots have the resources."

(OOC: I'm game for whatever Fort Max's answers, ziggy. Both downsizing him and retaining his larger form. But keep in mind that a small psychopath is easier to handle than a big psychopath. ;) )
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Coming around a corner, Spinister saw Arrowhead and Aero Blade out of the corner of his optics. He spun around and brought Hairsplitter up into firing position, only narrowly checking his reaction when he saw the Autobot's faction sigil.

If anyone had told me a few years ago that I would want to avoid shooting an Autobot... he thought wryly, I would have had them carted off to the psychiatric ward.

He didn't recognize this particular Autobot, but it wasn't hard to correlate his colour scheme with the matching one sported by the Minicon that had taken up with Shockwave, and then extrapolate the situation from there.

"You are partnered with the Minicon Stratus, I take it?"

(OOC: I checked and, despite their mutual longevity, Aero and Spinister have never seen each other before. :) )
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Freeway is walking down the drainage outlet that's supposedly leads into the base of the Space Maffia. "This path sure is tight. Already did I scratch the paint off my shoulders. Are we there yet, because I'm getting annoyed and am about to blow a gasket!"

ooc: Where are you clogsy! :o

Pointblank is still firing randomly at the building and its surroundings. "How long must we keep distracting these guys?"
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

(ooc: Yeah, I can't say that I recall them ever shooting at eachother in the past, otherwise this scene would get a lot more interesting :D )

Templar Heights

Aero Blade had been ready for a fight, not recognizing the form that had appeared and leaving him to assume it to be one of the gangsters or the attacking forces, but the meantion of his very quickly changed this. He looked startled, briefly coming out of his ready stances as his processor tried to reference the unfamiliar bot standing before him. It was no-one the tech recognized, and he certainly wasn't an Autobot, which caused Aero Blade's suspicion to immediately return, fearful that something had happened to his partner.

"What do you know of him," Aero Blade questioned aloud to Spinister. He managed to hold himself back from going into a defensive stance again, but it was still evident that he was very tense.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Breifing Room

"It may prove useful, though we are limited on time," Fortress Maximus answered Hyperdrive. "Also, the passage that we'll be taking should be wide enough for a standard sized Cybertronian to travel through."

Fortress Maximus then stood up from his seat and approached the door to the briefing chamber.

"You are welcome to visit the medbay. They will accommodate you. We will wait for you. If not, then please follow me to the armoury," he told Hyperdrive.

Steelhaven, Armoury

Inferno (and presumably Weirdwolf) followed Fortress Maximus out of the briefing room, down the ship's corridors and to the entrance of the armoury.

"Here we are," the door slid open and Fortress Maximus stepped in.

"Oooo! Like a protoform at an energon goodie shop," Inferno said as looked around the room with child-like wonderment. "Oh ho, I'll take this one...and this one...ooo, and this one..."

"Take only what you need," Fortress Maximus told the others. "And don't forget to equip yourselves with a vaporator - they're stored over there," he pointed to a far-off shelf.

Fortress Maximus pulled a twin laser-guided mortar from a shelf and attached it to the weapon's hardpoint on his leg.

"Heh heh, look who's talkin'," Inferno smiled.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Armoury, Steelhaven

"Medbay?" Hyperdrive said, taken aback. The psychopath had always been unsettled around medbays, especially Autobot ones. It was all after their scruffle with that devilish Autobot medic on Earth so long ago, who practically raised three Autobots from the dead. That monster and his legion of revived Autobots killed Megatron and nearly killed him as well. Ever since that battle, Hyperdrive had always been afraid of medics. "No thanks. I'll go the way I am." the Decepticon added hurriedly, fear evident in his voice after that unsettling thought.

The ex-Micromaster scrambled off after Fortress Maximus and Inferno towards the armoury, nervousness in his optics. Not even the thought of stealing new weapons from the Autobots eased his mind...

(OOC: c'mon, force him to the medbay. You know you want to... ;))
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Armoury Steelhaven

Weirdwolf padded into the Armoury.

Monzo jumped off and scampered along a shelf peering into crates.

Weirdwolf transformed and stood headless. He walked over to a rack of mellee weapons.

"Choices there are many yes."

Monzo picked up a crossbow almot half his size and hefted it experimentally the bolt quivered as he straine dwith the wait and its tip pointe shakedly at Hyperdrive.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Steelhaven

Shockwave and Gnaw both turned to look at Hoist - the former with some chagrin that his private words had been overheard in the quiet medbay, the latter with the light of comprehension...

"Hmm."

But now Perceptor was approaching and Shockwave felt [emotional analysis] pleasure to see that his fellow Scientist, albeit firmly of the opposite camp, was again functional. "I am pleased to observe that you suffered no permanent damage as a result of the incident with Black Shadow," he said by way of greeting.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Templar Heights, tunnel

Mirage had no doubt that Spinister, having gone the more direct route, was well inside Templar Heights by now. Feeling (and smelling) sticky ooze under his feet, bent almost double, he shrugged aside his misgivings as he followed Wheelie and Freeway.

"Light I see!" Wheelie called behind him softly, picking up speed. "Follow me!"

"NO!" Mirage struggled, slipped to his hands and knees. "We are not far enough inside the complex. Stay where you are!"

Every entrance, he knew, had defences against vermin intrusion; each was designed to trap something specific. They had easily stepped over a poisoned oil-filled pit not far inside the entrance, which had been set for nanopedes, and a bright light could draw dataskeets into an electrified web.

"Freeway - grab him!"

(OOC - sorry. Family bereavement taking my time - will also be absent between Sunday and Wednesday next week. L)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"We've become allies," Spinister told Aero Blade, "although he spends most of his time with Shockwave. My Decepticons have joined with Fortress Maximus and his Autobots to bring down the Space Mafia. And rescue their prisoners and hostages. I imagine that last part is the one that will interest you."

He lowered his Targetmaster partners, but kept a wary optic on Arrowhead.

Warehouse District

Bluestreak looked over at Crosshairs.

"You're not going to smuggle them out?"

Crosshairs sighed, a long-suffering look on his face. "If you couldn't smuggle out two dozen nuclear warheads, what makes you think I could?"

"Well...you're a weapons officer..." Bluestreak told him.

"That's true," Crosshairs said. "And if what you wanted was for me to fix them, you'd be in luck. This will call for some more creativity, though."

"What do we do?"

"Introduce me to Onslaught," Crosshairs told him. "leave the rest up to me."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights, Storage

From Spinister's first comment, Aero Blade was giving him a credulous look. Shockwave he knew and was comfortable with, which was why Stratus had been as well, but he had never seen the mech standing here before now, and he knew Stratus would not be so quick to trust him. However, the unfamiliar mech could've just been stretching things a bit, being allies with Shockwave without actually realize the minicon wasn't so trusting. Regardless, there wasn't much other choice in the matter, and it was marginally better than just hanging out boxed up in a piece of equipment just waiting to be found...

He was still very wary himself, though, seeing Spinistered continued tension in Arrowhead's direction. So long as Aero still seemed to have some grasp on the direction the encounter might go, he needed to be sure that he kept Arrowhead safe.

"Yes, getting out of here was what I was planning on. We were working on that.." Aero Blade spoke, turning his head towards Arrowhead briefly before looking back at Spinister, "..when you arrived."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Armoury

(OOC: @ Blackjack - Mmm, I don't know, I'm concerned about time. I just want to get things moving, in all honesty. But, if you want to shrink down Overdrive, go for it. I just don't see Fort Max forcing anyone to do anything like that :))

"If that is your preference," Fortress Maximus told Overdrive as he connected another mortar to the weapon's hardpoint on his leg. "The offer still stands. Though, I will have to request you be quick about it. We are on a schedule."

He examined a large photon rifle he pulled off from a self, tested its weight, then placed it away in his subspace cache. Likewise, Inferno stocked up on surface-to-air missiles.

"Yeah, I think that'll do," Inferno announced. "Ready?"

"I believe so," Fortress Maximus answered then turned to Weirdwolf and Overdrive. "If you are properly equipped, then please follow me the the main hatch."

The large headmaster looked down at Overdrive. "This is your last chance."

---------

Steelhaven, Medbay

"Thank you. And I am pleased to see that no harm has come to you during the last stellar cycle, Shockwave," Perceptor cordially replied.

He glanced towards Gnaw for a moment before returning his gaze to the taller, purple-clad mech.

"I initially considered uploading the Steelhaven's log between [insert date] to [insert date] until I saw you. You will do," he said.

Though his request was more than likely presumptuous, he seemed oblivious to this fact - that, or simply did not care.

Perceptor looked around the large room for a moment, then stopped to smirk and slowly shake his head.

"Pity," he coldly added. "By all appearances, the Steelhaven's continued presence in Protihex is indicative that much still needs to be done. But tell me, aside from our current status, how goes Protihex's political climate?"

(OOC: No rush, Clogs. Just wanted to get this out of the way is all :))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Armoury, Steelhaven

(OOC: then for time constraints, let's not. :) )

"N- Nuh. Thanks for the offer and all, but time is of the essenxe here. Reformatting takes a long time." Hyperdrive mumbled to Fortress Maximus.

Hyperdrive was then silent as he enterred the Armoury, shooting Monzo an angry glare when the Nebulan pointed the crossbow at him.

The ex-Micromaster's sour mood turned into glee when he saw the racks of weapons, however. He immediately subspaced several grenades and missiles, and took two shotguns (or the transformer equivalent of it) with him. Finally, he snatched a little curved blade from a tiny box at one corner of the armoury.