[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Post by Warcry »

Once, Protihex was a living dream of cooperation between individuals, a home for Cybertronians sick of the war and politics and laws that had torn their race apart. Now it has become much less than that: its citizens are impoverished and downtrodden, living in fear of the foreign armies and criminal gangs that have moved into the city and begun carving it up. Little of the old dream is left, and only one question is left on most of the citizens' minds: which of the factions will drive out all of the others and establish themselves as the 'legitimate' government over those who don't want to be governed?

"Anarchy is the true nature of all things. Monarchy, democracy, communism, all useless forms to control the human mind. But a mind cannot be controlled. It cannot be restrained. It has no boundaries. It has its will. Anarchy is the true nature of all things." -- Alex Battig
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Freeway shrugs at Wheelie's comment. "I will behave okay, so just go and lead the way! I will cover our six, so that when we return we don't need a fix!" Freeway laughs at his own comment, but then realises there isn't anybody around to laugh at his weak immitation of Wheelie. Freeway then follows him.

(ooc: loving the hate on Freeway lol)
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Steelhaven

Haywire: "Blurr's always in a hurry, Fort Max."

Blurr: "Thanks Fortress Maximus it's good to see you back again in full strength but really we're fine and we need to be going right about now so I'll just pop into the armoury and take what we need and go." -zips to armoury, searches the shelves for the artillery weapons, holographic cloak and drill, transforms, and zooms out of the Steelhaven- "Thanks see ya and good luck in all you do."

Haywire: "You're damned rude, Blurr."

Blurr: "Can't help it it's hardwired into my programming" -zooms off to Templar Heights-
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

"Hrrrm," Fortress Maximus grumbled at Blurr's parting comment.

With one small bit of business quickly tended to, he continued on his way to the briefing chamber.

----

Briefing Room

Inferno still leaned in his seat with his legs resting on top of the round conference table when the chamber door slid open.

"Well, 'bout time. Hey, Cerebr-" Inferno said as he looked towards the doorway, stopping short when Fortress Maximus ducked under the archway and entered.

"Aww, you didn't have to get all dressed up in your fancy duds on account of us, Maxi," Inferno said as he straighted himself up and slid his legs off the table.

"Thank you for being patient. I apologize if my sudden change in appearance seems unexpected," Fortress Maximus told him.

Making his way over to the table, the large Headmaster took his seat.

"Now - I understand you two have information," he continued.

"Sure do," Inferno answered.

Picking up the small data card containing the city plans, Inferno pushed it across the table to Weirdwolf.

"I was never good at decipherin' techobabble jargon. Wolf, you mind shovin' that thing into the projector and explain what's on it to him?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

steelhaven

Weirdwolf inseted the data in the projector.

"observe floor plan the, note the entries points of."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"And what if this little venture of yours turns out to be unprofitable?" Swindle asked Wingspan. "Do you expect me to cover 60% of your losses, too?"

Templar Heights

"Sure you are," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. "Unless you end up with a band of 'Cons who think that kidnapping an Autobot during peacetime sounds like a grand idea, anyway. The worst you'd get is a few beatings before they box you up and ship you back to Iacon."

Spinister kept close to Mirage, letting the Autobot break trail. When the Autobot found and silenced the two Mafia guards, he eyed the other Transformer's handiwork with no small amount of professional admiration.

It's a shame, he mused, that he signed up for the wrong side...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan smiled

"oh no, no worries Swindle you won't be out of pocket. We'll cover the losses."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Enroute to Templar Heights

Blurr: -in vehicle mode, towing the things that Pounce needs inside his cabin and behind him on a trolley, wind roaring around him as he jetted towards Templar heights in a demonic speed-

Haywire: -sitting inside Blurr's passenger seat, face inside helmet looking as if he'll puke anytime- "The trolley's not going to make it."

Blurr: "It will."

Haywire: "It won't."

Blurr: "It will." -one of the trolley wheels snaps off, Blurr slows down- "okay maybe it won't but now it will." -screeches to a stop beside Pounce and Spinister- "Guys this is Blurr express here with your mortars artillery holo projectors and drilling equipment what do we want to do with them?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Wheelie paused, hugging the ground, so very aware that his personal livery did him no favours against a green background; best he could hope for was to resemble one of the rusty patches scuffing what was probably a very expensive bit of landscape design.

"Freeway, come! To Wheelie, now!" he hissed. "Keep down low - polite to bow!"

No weapons had been turned in the direction of the infiltration team so far and he hoped it stayed that way...

~~~

On one knee beside the coolant outlet, Mirage carefully investigated the array of small red lasers set above the grille. The security was designed to keep out turbofoxes drawn to the Heights by the (sad to admit) abundance of retro-rats haunting the lower levels. The gate became automatically electrified if any beam were broken. Just beyond the gate was the control box, placed there for convenience; it was too lowly a tool to take up space above. There was no alarm attached for the same reason.

Concentrating, he adjusted his photon web and began to move his left hand towards the bars, his rifle poised in his right.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Streelhaven

Shockwave acknowledged Ratchet's comments by inclining his head graciously, but he did not quite know what to make of the wink! He was also much taken aback when the Autobot medic correctly summised Sucker Punch was one of his own.

(Emotional analysis: annoyance - self-exposure. Logic: should not have revealed details of unit's power core.)

"I will lead the operation," he agreed. "This is necessary as there has been a high degree of experimental work on this unit. Hoist may assist me, if he so wishes."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Steelhaven Medbay

Hoist began an Oscar winning Shockwave imitation,

Note: his primary relays are quintal in design and sub-systems are tied, which may result in loop feedback unless isolated. Do you understand”?

With a hint of sarcasm in his voice he answered the question,

“Of course I understand! Seeing as this is one of your own I’ll let you lead the way”.

Hoist handed Shockwave the laser wrench he had been using and looked at Ratchet.

"We will be fine here"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"So you think there will be losses?" Swindle half-smiled at Wingspan's sloppy turn of phrase. Then he shrugged. "I think I can do what you're asking, but I need to know how serious you are about this. Have you done any business case studies, or is this all a...patriotic fantasy on Giggy's part? Do you have any raw data, any polling or focus group results that point to people actually wanting to watch these movies?"

Templar Heights

(OOC: Spinister is nowhere near Pounce, he's with Mirage.)

Spinister watched as Mirage carefully worked to deactivate the laser grid, impressed by how the Autobot was handling the trap. He would have handled the situation differently -- Hairsplitter could have projected low-power lasers into the receivers so that they wouldn't notice the beams being broken at all, and Singe could have deactivated the junction box -- but he was impressed at how the Autobot handled the problem without a pair of Targetmasters at his disposal.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: dusting off a couple of fanchars from way back. Make sure they die properly this time ;) ...)

Templar Heights

Zoom patrolled the general area, and was within shooting distance from Mirage and Spinister, if they so choose. The Reflector unit had his back against the Autobot and Decepticon, so he couldn't possibly see them.

Some distance away, Frostbite (let's just say he got hired sometime in the internim) crouched in dragon mode like some sort of sinister watchdog, breathing ice.

Warehouse

Road Hugger watched as Wingspan and Swindle negotiated about their deal. Road Hugger considered the matter. Making a movie should be simple enough... actors? They had those. CGI and special effect? A quick stop at Hot House and Ironworks' place should be enough. Audience? Action films always draw a crowd, especially if it's outer-space shows...

The ex-Micromaster was about to open his mouth again, but decided against it.

Steelhaven

Hyperdrive strolled through the cell blocks, searching for the mechs he's supposed to interrogate. (OOC: what happened to them?)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

Aero Blade did not answer Arrowhead immediately, his comments having stirred up some unpleasant memories. He had to shake his head to clear it before he recalled them too much and zoned out, trying to stay focused on the task at hand.

"That's all assuming it still is peace out there, or that the cons that find me respect that fact. I've met too many that don't..." He then gave a brief sigh. "But I don't have any choices otherwise, unless things change suddenly. We'll have to go for it."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Freeway ducks and follows Wheelie. "Yeah, yeah. I'm ducking and following you already!" Freeway crawled over to Wheelie's position. "Crawling around like a slaggin' rat. Is this what has become of the great Freeway? We better start blowing stuff up soon."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan looked at Swindle

"Gigaton isn't in this for the money, and he's very serious about it. I have searched the databanks and there is a little data on Cybertron only since the reclamation. It's not somethin that was done in the war. However I have studied similar themes on Earth and explored phenemoms from our stay there. There is things called Star Wars and Star Trek and I there sucess in merchandising tie ins. I can provide you with data on this and we have commissioned some focus goups to look into the potential popularity. The results are strong positive although their is an emphasis on the need for an element of comedy and light heartedness. A race that has spent millions of years fighting a war doesn't always need to be reminded of it although it did play quite well amongst certain sections of the Decepticons."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Templar Heights

Blurr: "So what's the plan exactly Pounce huh?" -unloads everything he got from the Steelhaven- "I've got everything you asked for."

Haywire: -walks up to Jackpot- "He's a bit loco. Mind if I hang on your shoulder? Seriously, I'll die of heart attack before a Decepticon kills me." -sighs, trembles at the thought-

Jackpot: -watches Blurr moving- " 'Kay."

Sights: -picks Haywire up, deposits the Nebulon on Jackpot's shoulder-

Haywire: "Thanks."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

Fortress Maximus examined the images emitting from the projector as Weirdwolf conveyed their meaning.

"Hmm, the drainage system that goes underneath Templar Heights...." he asked Weirdwolf, pointing at the projection. "Is it possible to utilize it?"

--------

Medbay

With a polite nod, Ratchet left Shockwave and Hoist to their patient and disappeared behind the doors of a large storage room conjoined with the medbay. The storage space had been cleared sometime ago - shortly after the disaster relief team returned to the Steelhaven - to house the bodies of Protihexians who were in either critical or irreparable stasis. Some awaited the necessary components...while others, sadly, awaited interment.

Rows upon rows of stasis pods stood up vertically, emitting a faint, blue glow that filled the entire room. It was a despairing sight to behold, one that the seasoned medic was all too familiar with. Ratchet's boot steps echoed within the silent chamber as he moved along the aisles of Protihexian citizens, whispering the names of each of them as he walked past until stopping in front of a lone pod. He wiped the condensation off the glass seal and stared up at the Autobot that peacefully floated behind the transparent vessel - Perceptor.

Life support equipment indicated that his condition was still stable, much to Ratchet's relief. Most of the cranial damage Perceptor had sustained had already been repaired beforehand. Yet, oddly, he hadn't responded to stimuli or prompting. As if his mind was resisting. Ratchet accessed the pod's control panel and typed in a sequence of commands. The pod moaned and hissed as it disengaged itself and slowly lowered into a horizontal position. Moving to the head of the coffin-like capsule, Ratchet gently wheeled it out of the storage room and back into the medbay.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Mirage grinned and squeezed the trigger gently. Static target - no challenge. The alarm box spluttered very briefly and the red beams went off. He deactivated his photon web and turned his head to look at Spinister.

"Now we cut through the inner grid," he said. "Nothing special, just meant to keep vermin out."

~~~

Wheelie spotted Frostbite and dropped flat again. He could hear Freeway behind him and silently cursed, easing a poniard out subspace and slipping it rakishly between his dental arches.

He began to move wide of the watcher's position; his best option was to get behind him. And if Freeway blundered enough to draw enemy fire, so much the better!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

As he worked on Sucker Punch, assisted by Hoist, Shockwave considered what might be his creation's response on finding him there. No doubt, Sucker Punch had found out that no rescue attempt had been made; but his tracker had gone offline. An Autobot transmission out of Uraya at the time did note the presence of an enemy hostile, but that was inconclusive given the number of active Decepticons then in the area.

"Tamp flow," he told Hoist suddenly. "I am registering feedback to consciousness circuitry."

Hm, most unexpected. It would appear that Sucker Punch is trying to over-ride the electro-anaesthesia...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Having lived through the 1980s on Earth, Swindle was familiar with the series that Wingspan had referenced. He paused for a few seconds, dredging up his memories of both of the franchises.

"I think we'd want something that skews more toward Star Trek than Star Wars," he said at last. "that format -- an ongoing serial with the occasional 'big event' feature -- would probably work the best for what you're aiming at. Even if 90% of the episodes were throwaway lowest-common-denominator entertainment, we would have a lot of opportunities to back-fill the ideological propaganda without being too blatant about it."

Templar Heights

"Lets find something nice and sell-able to weld you into, then," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. He waved his hand, indicating that the Autobot should follow him into a nearby building.

Spinister was tempted to take out Zoom, but the Reflectorbot wasn't a threat -- certainly not to two cloak-equipped infiltrators. Making the enemy 'disappear' would probably make it harder for them to sneak inside, so the Targetmaster wouldn't attack unless he was given a good reason to.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven

Weirdwolf nodded

"it very narrow is , not all mechs for suitable but if enough small yes."

~*~

Warehouse

Wingspan looked at Swindle.

"uhum my research shows this to be the appropriate idiom. Make it so."