[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Doublecross nodded

"Possibly Sssssssssssssswindle or Chopsssssssssssssssssshop or maybe even some unknown mech we do have a large criminal element here until recently. I have detected traces left behind by teleportation which would tend to indicate possibly Black Sssshadow or one of hissss mechssss."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Shriek tried to veer away, but with one wing and half his abdomen frozen, all Shriek managed to do is a weak attempt at a turn.

Cryotek's jaw clamped down on where his wing connected to his body. It gave away with a loud crack. Shriek yelled in pain as his wings snapped off, whilst his body was still caught in Cryotek's fangs.

"Smolder, Beastbox, let's go dragonslaying!" Road Hugger said as he dashed out of the room, X12 Scrapmaker cannon opening fire with an irregular stream of shots, before increasing to a crescendo of rapid-fire bullets. He raised his hands and launched two blasts from his wrist mounted blasters as well.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox opened fire with his twin compression cannons hoping to down the dragon bringin g him down to a level where he could use his fists on him.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

Stratus remained seated on the stretcher as Hoist moved his partner, watching every movement the autobot did. His attention quickly spread to monitoring the rest of the room, almost as though the minicon expected some kind of disturbance to interrupt things.

Aero Blade's optics remained off as he was moved to the slab, though the occasional involuntary tilt of his head seemed to suggest he was alert to the sounds around him. Recessed into his partially concious mind, there was one thing that he was very aware of, and that was the diagnostic equipment that he had been plugged into. He always hated those machines, his overly-sensitized systems picking up on the information feed. To Aero it wasn't much unlike having someone whispering incessently in your ear while you tried to concentrate or sleep, and it roused him further out of his stupor.

After just a few moments plugged into the diagnostic machine Aero Blade began to move again, shifting briefly with discomfort before he reached for where he felt the source of the info-feed, a still dissoriented attempt to disconnect himself from the offending machine.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek shook Shriek in his jaws, then threw the mangled Transformer into the path of Brawl and Crack Shot's incoming fire.

The dragon dove down toward Road Hugger's group, breathing ice down at them. The near-absolute-zero gas diffused energy beams and reduced bullets to shrapnel, letting the criminal ignore their attacks as he continued to fire streams of cold air down at them.

Ice crystals began to form in the air around Cryotek as he moved, surrounding the dragon with a steadily-thickening haze of frozen particles.

"Oh, hell!" Smolder said. He knew what Road Hugger's orders were, but the dragon was far, far stronger than he'd expected.

"What do we do?" Chopster was wailing in terror. "What can we do?"

"We fight," Smolder told him. He fired Chopster's heat ray up at the dragon, but nothing happened.

"It's no use," Chopster said, in awe. "We might as well be trying to melt a glacier with a soldering iron."

Combaticon Warehouse

Onslaught nodded. "I'll gather who I can and have them accompany the warheads," he agreed with Cerebros.

He looked over at Doublecross. "Teleportation? That would be Blue Bacchus's forte, if I remember the dossiers correctly. Luckily we have him in custody, so whatever plan he was up do is over now."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Shriek tumbled into Brawl and Crack Shot's fire and was torn apart. His carcass dropped to the ground as burning chunks.

Road Hugger grunted as his attacks were rendered useless by Cryotek's attacks. "Scrap." The ex-Micromaster cursed as he felt the icy cold wind bite into his metal exostructure.

"I don't think our plan is going to work." Road Hugger muttered as he moved closer to Smolder and Beastbox. "Better split up while we try to hurt Cryotek. He may be powerful but that mouth can only point in one direction."

Road Hugger transformed into vehicle mode, Scrapmaker machinegun ending up on the front of his hood. As he accelerated forwards, it spat out more bullets at Cryotek. -This ain't going to end well...-
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Crack Shot stood in shock as he watched Shriek’s body crash to the ground. If the fall hadn’t killed him the friendly fire from him and Brawl had.

“Keep shooting at him!” Brawl barked at Crack Shot.

Crack Shot immediately began firing quick burst at Cryotek from his assault rifle.

Brawl on the other hand, though angered by what happened to Shriek, took the time to aim for Cryotek’s wings as he fired off single shots from his electron rifle.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek seemed now to be surrounded by a nimbus of ice which absorbed all of the incoming fire that the Combaticons were directing at him. Steam rose from the ice shield where it was being hit, but within a few seconds the damaged areas would be healed unless it had been hit again.

The dragon and his frozen cloud had taken to circling the area, occasionally sending streams of ice down at Road Hugger or Brawl's groups but not pressing the attack. If his face could be seen at all through the cloud, the Combaticons would have been able to see that he was looking at them in the same way a farmer looks at an anthill -- trying to think of the quickest way to kill them all.

"We're gonna die," Chopster said, his voice cracking. "We're all going to die, aren't we?"

"Like hell we are," Smolder said confidently. "Road Hugger has a plan." Having rolled out beside the ex-Micromaster, he was able to add, "Right?"

Without waiting for an answer, Smolder triggered another burst from Chopster's heat beam as he swerved away from Road Hugger. Steam hissed away from Cryotek where it met his frosty halo.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Not really." Road Hugger confessed to Smolder. "But I sure as hell am not going to die at the hands of a crazy criminal."

Road Hugger opened a comm channel to Brawl, hoping to include the other Combaticon in his planning. "Brawl, you read me? There must be a chink at his defenses. Right not his icy aura thing is absorbing all our attacks. We need to crack it. I was hoping that Smolder's heat ray might be able to break open a weak spot, but we might need some way of amplifying his heat ray..."

Road Hugger let loose with another stream of bullets aimed roughly at the dragon's head, more to irritate Cryotek than anything else.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

After seeing Cryotek’s ice shields absorb all their attacks, Brawl gave up on taking single well aimed shots and began firing on full auto again. As he loaded a new electron charge pack into his rifle he heard Road Hugger's call.

“At this point I am open to any ideas you may have. Any plan would be better than what we’re trying now.” Brawl replied to Road Hugger, he cut out for a moment as he dived out of the way of one of Cryotek’s ice beams.

Brawl tried to think of some way that they could amplify Smolder’s attacks, But kept coming up empty handed. He was about to give up when he remember that he still had one weapon in his arsenal.

“It’s a long shot but my sonic cannons might be able to amplify Smolder’s heat ray enough to have some impact.” Brawl said to Road Hugger as he began firing again at Cryotek.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"It's worth a shot." Road Hugger told Brawl. "You guys up for it? I'll distract ol' jack frost here." The ex-Micromaster asked Smolder and Chopster.

Road Hugger was inwardly grinning. This felt like old times. Advance assault... Fighting against an unknown quantity, trying to find a weakness, relying on improvisation and guesswork... -Let's see if I'm luckier than ol' Blackjack...-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox opened a com channel.

"me happy to go along with plan just tell me what to do. If you want distraction me can give distraction."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"C'mon, Kong." Road Hugger told Beastbox as he opened fire with his Scrapmaker minigun. "Let's introduce this guy to a whole world of pain!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox scratched his head.

"We decepticons most decepticons can fly in robot mode yes why not we take fight to him?"

Beastbox hovered experimentally looking only as awkward as a metal purplish gorilla hovering 3 feet in the air can look.

He opened fire with his cannon at Cryotek.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger chuckled. "Maybe you can, Beastbox... I can't. I was a Micromaster. Built during troubled times. I don't do fly..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox nodded

"Me prefer to keep feet on the ground so not use it so often. Maybe can lift you into air have carried loads before then we can get height advantage on dragon."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

Cerebros nodded back to Onslaught. "I'll issue the command," he said. "One moment."

The headmaster turned away from his host and activated his com system. He spoke in a hushed, though still clearly audible tone so as not to disturb Onslaught and Doublecross's discussion.

"...Two should suffice," he said. "Needless to say, high level PSD for both.....Yes, I know. When I have a moment, I'll contact Iacon and see if they can accommodate us...."

---

When Cerebros had concluded his transmission, he rejoined Doublecross and Onslaught.

"Blue Bacchus and Black Shadow both," Cerebros added. "What they had planned is immaterial at this point. What's important now is how we intend to dispose of this 'drug' now that it is in our possession," he motioned to the warhead that the Monsterbot had specified.

Medbay, Steelhaven

Hoist was tending to one of the many lacerations along Aero Blade's armor when, from the corner of his visor, he caught the engineer fidgeting with the cord that fed into the diagnostic machine.

"Hmm? Oh, is that bothering you?" the mechanic looked up from his work. "All right, hold on. Don't tug on it..."

Hoist reached over to port on the side of Aero's 'helm' and disconnected the wire. "Better?" he said. "Now try to relax. This will all be over soon enough."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Combaticon Warehouse

Double and Crosses eyes locked before they turned towards the others.

Double started alternating with Cross

"We've considered the options as we should"

"and there continuing exisssssstence doesssssss no good."

"We confirm."

"that the besssssst option isss they should burn."

"They are evil, they will kill."

"To utterly destroy them fitssssssss the bill."

"Our rust ray will do them no harm."

"However Onssssssssssssssslaughtsssss gun willl do the charm."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger transformed into robot mode. "Smolder, coordinate with Brawl, try to break Cryotek's defenses. Beastbox and I will distract him."

He turned to Beastbox, "I don't think we could move fast with you carrying me. We'll be an easy target. What about we attack him from different directions?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Smolder cranked his tires to one side, spinning half-way and skidding to a stop not far away from Brawl. He was firing all the while, but not making a dent in the ball of ice.

"Huggy says you've got a plan, big guy?"

Smolder's voice was sceptical, to say the least.

Combaticon Warehouse

Onslaught shook his head. "Sonic blasts won't obliterate it, Doublecross, not completely enough for my likes." He turned to Cerebros. "Your transector has energy weapons, correct?"