[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

With the diagnostic machine disconnected, Aero Blade settled down briefly, laying perfectly still for a few moments. His head clearing of mental clutter, his optics finally came online, taking a dissorient look around the room as Aero tried to place where he was now. His gaze eventually settled on the mechanic standing over him, working on his thrashed body. "..Hoist..?"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl looked over at Smolder. “I guess you could say I have a plan.” He replied though his voice didn’t exactly inspire confidence.

Brawl quickly transformed into his tank mode, as he trasformed two large cannons materialized out of subspace and attached to the rear half of Brawl’s tank mode.

“So far our normal energy weapons haven’t even scratched Cryotek. Hopefully these sonic cannons will make a difference. As soon as I fire I want you to fire your heat ray into the blasts from the sonic cannons.” He said to Smolder as the large cannons began to raise taking aim at Cryotek.

The cannons made a low hum as they began to charge as soon as Brawl lined up a shot on Cryotek, he let loose an ear splitting shot that would have been able to destroy a bunker.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Medbay, Steelhaven

"That's right. Welcome back, Aero," Hoist said in a calm and gentle tone. "You're safely on board the Steelhaven. You sustained some serious injuries. Nothing grave now that you are here. I'll be overseeing your repairs...if that's alright with you, that is."

Combaticon Warehouse

"Yes. Among other things," Cerebros told Onslaught. Embarrassment was evident in his voice.

The irony that the peace-loving Autobot was part of what could essentially be described as a hulking, over-armed weapon of mass destruction did not escape him.

(OOC: Forget that it's confusing ;))

"What do you need me - or rather, what do you need Fortress Maximus to do?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"You're the boss," Smolder told Brawl, although with the sonic booms going off he doubted anyone heard him. He fired exactly as the other Decepticon had indicated, snarky comment at the ready for when the plan inevitably failed...only, it didn't. The sound waves caused the entire shell of ice to start rippling, and the heat beam punched straight through the ice. The tiny hole it cut became a crack, then a spiderweb of cracks spreading along the ripples that the sound waves were creating. Within a few seconds the ice had shattered, and snow was falling down on them.

"Well I'll be damned," Smolder muttered. "It actually...worked...DUCK!"

He followed his own suggestion to the letter, diving toward the ground to avoid the angry, ice-spewing blue dragon that was diving straight at them.

Combaticon Warehouse

"The Monsterbot says we need to vapourize the drugs," Onslaught told Cerebros, gesturing toward Doublecross. "Neither of our weapons are going to do the trick, either. Would you do the honours?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger whooped, transforming into vehicle mode and quickly putting his engine in reverse, tires screeching as he moved away from Cryotek. "You're a frikkin' genius, Brawl!" Road Hugger yelled. His plasma blasters slid out from the sides of his vehicle mode, and began pumping bolts of plasma at Cryotek.

"Smolder, Beastbox, now! Time to bring on the pain!" Road Hugger yelled. "Don't let him recover! For Protihex!"

Road Hugger felt, that, somehow, he believed in something that is not the Decepticon cause.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

"How did..." Aero Blade stopped in the middle of his own question, just seeming to stare out into space, at or through the diagnostic machine hanging over him, not even at Hoist. He gave a brief shudder as he tried to move, attempting to sit up without sucess from his stiff and sore body. He gave up a moment later, just laying limply on the table. "I..guess so..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox knuckled forward growling as he tried to get nearer to Cryotek.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl transformed after firing his sonic cannons, he would have looked up in astonishment as Cryotek’s shield shattered but the dragon’s sudden counter attack made that all but impossible. Following Smolder’s suggestion Brawl dived out of the way of Cryotek’s attack, narrowly avoiding being turned into a block of ice. The attack was so close to hitting him that frost had formed on Brawls feet and shins to the point that he was able to feel his ankle joints starting to stiffen up.

“You can tell me how much you like my crazy ideas later, Right now we still have one pissed off dragon to deal with.” Brawl shouted to Road Hugger as he began shooting at Cryotek with his electron rifle.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Since he was a fair distance away, most of Road Hugger's rounds missed Cryotek. The ones that didn't, though, left steaming burn-marks on the dragon's flank.

If it accomplished anything other than increasing the dragon's wrath, he didn't show it. He snapped his jaws at Brawl as the Combaticon escaped from his ice breath, then snapped his tail at Smolder.

Smolder saw the tail headed his way, but didn't have time to move. It tore through his chest, then lifted him back up into the air when Cryotek flexed his wings and flew back up into the sky. As a spectral cold started to creep through his systems, Smolder's hands went numb and he dropped Chopster to the ground.

As Cryotek and his unwilling passenger flew back up, the dragon used Smolder to block Brawl's electron pulses.

In the air

If any of the combatants had time to look away from Cryotek, they would have seen a quartet of heavy shuttles dropping through the sky toward the city, their grey-and-green livery as clear as day.

Aboard the rearmost shuttle, Thunderwing stroked the Matrix that hung around his neck, smiling.

"Soon," he muttered to himself. "Soon they'll learn the folly of spurning this world's one true lord..."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Smolder!" Road Hugger yelled, as he changed gears and drove towards Cryotek, aiming for the unguarded flank while he was engaged with Brawl. "Hang on, reddy!"

Road Hugger opened fire again with his Scrapmaker, sending a staccato burst of high-velocity bullets at the ice dragon. He opened a commlink. "Crack Shot, do you have a shot? Try damage his tail so Smolder can get free."

The ex-Micromaster headed towards Chopster, who had fallen down onto the ground.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

"Of course," Cerebros told Onslaught. "I rather not risk infection, so we'll launch this one," he gestured to the warhead in question. "I'll fly up and take it out as it reaches the atmosphere. Any stray compounds should be vaporized from that height."

He looked to Doublecross. "Does that sound feasible?"

Medbay, Steelhaven

"Good," Hoist told Aero Blade. "Now, just lie back and try to relax. If you feel any discomfort or need me to switch on any circuit dampeners, let me know."

The Autobot mechanic flicked on his welding gun and brought it to a gash on Aero's side and resumed.

"Stratus?" Hoist said, not looking up from his patient. "I know Aero here is an adept engineer and knows a thing or two about this sort of thing, but how good are you with operating thermal lasers and the like? Think you can cut and shape some paneling? I managed to get a schematic of your partner," he pointed to the diagnostic machine at the head of the slab. "It should detail the size, shape, and type of panels needed. You'll find the alloy sheets right there in the medical supply room," he then pointed to a nearby door.

Bridge, Steelhaven

Cog busied himself at his station, logging in the various reports being fed to him from Cerebros and the Autobots positioned throughout the city-state.

His work, however, would be brought to a grinding halt when a window suddenly popped up on the monitor demanding his immediate attention.

"Proximity alert?" he mused out loud. "Computer: scan and ID."

The drone leaned closer to the screen. "Hm, not on the records. Certainly aren't Autobot vessels...It must be..."

He looked away from the screen and opened a com channel.

"Ratchet," he said. "You better come to the bridge. It's urgent."

(OOC: I apologize, Clogs, but I really need to move Ratchet. Plus, I kind of miss him. Can I assume Cyane's people arrived off-page?)
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl fell back to the ground as he tried to avoid being caught in Cryotek’s jaws. When he looked back up he was stunned to see that not only had Cryotek taken Smoulder but that the dragon had once again used one of his allies as a personal shield.

“Damn it Cryotek, come down here and fight.” Brawl roared in anger as he began shooting again, taking aim at Cryotek’s wings.

Crack Shot had stopped shooting at Cryotek after seeing Brawl's shots hit Smoulder.

“I can try to damage his tail, but there is a good chance that I may end up hitting Smoulder.” Crack Shot replied to Road Hugger.

He took aim at Cryotek’s tail with his assault rifle and began firing single shots at the dragon hoping to reduce his chances of hitting Smoulder.

Across the street Servo stood in the door way of one of the adjacent building to the heights. He had a good view of the battle. But at the moment his eyes weren’t fixated on the fight. He had spotted the four green and white drop ships descending towards the city.

He quickly opened a comm channel to Road Hugger and Brawl.

“Uh guys we may have more trouble heading our way, there are four shuttles inbound to the city.”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Mebay, Steelhaven

"I work with and have to keep up with this guy, and you have to ask?" Stratus responded to Hoist. "Course I'll have to do it myself, but that's easier than keeping pace with that work-a-holic. Take your time on him Hoist, he needs the rest."

As Stratus flew off to his task, Aero Blade gave a brief sigh, probably about the antics of his partner. He winced occasionally as Hoist worked, but otherwise seemed too tired to complain about it, still low on energy from the earlier fighting.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Cryotek hurled Smolder into the stream of fire that Road Hugger was sending his way, and bits and pieces off the Targetmaster flew off in every direction as he arced downward and then hit the ground.

The dragon looped around, then dove down at Brawl, breathing ice at the heavily-armoured Combaticon.

"As you wish," he quipped as Brawl's fire disappeared into the nimbus of ice around his wings, leaving no evidence of whether they were damaging him or not.

Combaticon Warehouse

Onslaught nodded. "Makes sense to me," he told Cerebros.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

Beastbox took to the air in a futile attempt to meet the dragon on his own territory.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Damn it!" Road Hugger yelled as his fire slammed onto Smolder. While Brawl took on Cryotek, Road Hugger transformed and drove straight towards Smolder.

He transformed and bent down to check on the Targetmaster. "You okay, reddie? Hang on. I'm going to get you out of here."

He listened to Servo's commlink and scowled. Can't deal with this right now, damn it! "Do they look friendly to you? We can't take our chances with four shuttles, Servo. Contact Onslaught and give him a sit-rep. Do not engage them. We've lost Shriek already, and Smolder's in pretty bad shape.."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl managed to move out of the way of Cryotek’s ice blast, although the attacks weren’t hitting him directly they extreme cold was starting to take affect. His joints were starting to freeze and a fine layer of frost was building up on him.

It was at this point that he heard Servo’s message, he ignored it, stopping Cryotek was his only priority.

Road Hugger get Smolder to safety, me and Crack Shot will cover you,” Brawl said into a comm link as he began firing at Cryotek, not really caring if it had any affect.

“Ok I’ll contact Onslaught.” Servo replied quickly to Road Hugger.

He quickly opened a comm link to the Combaticon leader a sense of urgency was clearly transmitted through the tone of his voice.

Onslaught this is Servo. We have engaged Cryotek at Templar Heights. We have one man dead and one critically wounded. On top of that we have four shuttles in bound to templar heights. Please advise.”
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Got it, Brawl!" Road Hugger called out, dragging Smolder away from the battlefield and towards the building they came from. His X12 Scrapmaker whirred but did not fire. At this range his accuracy would be severely impaired, even if Cryotek didn't do that annoying icy mist thing.

"Chopster? Where are you?" Road Hugger transmitted through his commlink.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"I'm right here."

Chopster transformed to robot mode and ran to where Smolder had been carried. He watched Road Hugger try to get a response out of him, but the Minicon's partner didn't so much as twitch.

"Is he...is he dead?" he asked, fearing he already knew the answer.

Smolder floated in and out of consciousness, his body so badly broken that he couldn't move, but still too pissed off to let death -- or even the mercy of stasis lock -- claim him.

Cryotek transformed to robot mode, using the cascade of ice flying from the dragon head on his left arm to propel himself forward toward Brawl. As he got closer, the Combaticon would be able to tell that his wings had been damaged by the incessant fire, at least enough to make further aerial evasion a bad choice.

"That hurt, Decepticon!"

Once he got close enough, he swung a stiff right cross at Brawl's head.

Combaticon Warehouse

Onslaught cocked his head to one side as he heard Servo's transmission. Judging that he could trust Cerebros, he let the message play aloud and spoke his own response.

"Cryotek?" he asked. He was surprised, but he knew he shouldn't be. The Dragon had been seen with the Space Mafia before and he should have suspected that he would still be around somewhere. His shoulders sagged slightly, the weight of at least one more death adding to all the other failures he was responsible for.

"No one kills a Combaticon and gets away with it," he told Servo. "Cryotek doesn't get away. If you can't take him alive, I'll be just as happy to accept his corpse." He considered sending backup, but the second part of the other Combaticon's message filled him with slow, creeping dread. "Do you have a visual on the shuttles? I want to see them."

Uptown

The first of the shuttles touched down, disgorging green and grey troops carrying engineering tools, who immediately began setting up a field bivouac.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Uptown

Slapdash ran towards the shuttles and stopped as he recognised the colour scheme.

He started transmitting as widely as possible

"We have Imperials. Lots and lots of imperials."