[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Post by Warcry »

A deserted, barren place since the Reclamation of Cybertron, the city-state of Tarn had been quiet, with only the ruins of the mighty warriors of those who had fallen in battle there. However, lost souls and other more ambiguous characters have arrived, either to pursue their own agendas or for more personal reasons. The likes of Huffer, Sunstorm and the Seacons have arrived, and with their conflicting views, the situation is heated even more by the arrival of some of Gigatron's Decepticons, in search of an Underwater base to use against the upcoming battle against the Imperials. Stretched to the breaking point, a conflict would soon ensue...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Victory Square

"Fair enough," Octane said in reply to Huffer. "Though I don't think that you are going to make it that far, looking the way you do.

Octane turns to Sunstorm. "Haven't you heard? We're not at war. Well, not really at least. We are working alongside the Autobots to stop a looming threat in the form of The Imperials. I see no reason why you shouldn't side with us."

Maybe I shouldn't push Sunstorm this much. He could be a very powerful ally, but then again, also a very powerful enemy. I shouldn't anger him, but I just can't stand it when Decepticons turn neutral, Octane thinks.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

(OOC: Ooh, shiny new threads! I'll supply an intro during the weekend when I have the time. :))

Post by Blackjack »

Skies over Victory Square

Skullgrin looked at Octane and transmitted over a closed frequency, "Don't push him too far, he's unstable and might take it as an insult. Instead, play on his... fanaticism."

"Sunstorm, you are a son of Primus, are you not? The Imperials we're fighting... they're hypocrites, vile scum who reproduce by budding, something that Primus disallowed vorns ago. Even if you see this Civil War as pointless, you could at least help rid the universe of these heretics." Landing, the Pretender shrugged.

"Or you could just sit here and brood. Your call."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Victory Square

Hooligan: -deciding not to mess around with an elemental, turns to Snap Trap- "What about you, then, fish-boy? Feel like helping out some?"
Blackjack

OOC: we still need a quote. something along the lines of "Everything falls into chaos"... any ideas?

Post by Blackjack »

Victory Square

Skullgrin turned to Hooligan and hissed, "Stop insulting them. We may need their help." If one Seacon is here, the other five must be nearby...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Victory Square

Octane crosses his arms. He's dissapointed that he was unable to recruit Huffer and Sunstorm for Gigatron's cause. Huffer's skills would have sped up their time schedule and Sunstorm's precense alone would have kept anybody that wanted to spy on them away. He's glad Skullgrin stepped in. Nodding to his private transmission, Octane says: "I don't think you need to look at this as choosing sides here, Sunstorm. In fact, our cause helps yours."

Looking over at Hooligan, Octane says:"Please don't antagonize Snaptrap. He's not known for he patience. He's the great leader of the Seacons and his under water skills could be very usefull."

"Anything you build on a large scale or with intense passion invites chaos."
--Francis Ford Coppola
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

:poke:

Victory Square

Skullgrin grunted and commed Detritus. "Jury Rig, have you gotten a fix on the underwater base?" The Pretender tapped the slagmaker guns holstered on his side while he watched Sunstorm, Huffer and Snap Trap.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig checked his scanners and replied

" I have located 3 metallic anomalies at the approximate recorded location of the base. I believe that the extra readings are probably wrecks. I am transmitting the location now. Be careful there is a possibility that we are here to remove Snaptrap's home."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Victory Square

Skullgrin nodded and answered Jury Rig, "Gotcha, Jury Rig. But even if it's Snap Trap's home, we gotta do what we gotta do." Turning to Hooligan, the Pretender said, "You get back to the Tyrant and keep watch." (OOC: moving him out of the way now that Airazor's gone)

Turning to Octane, Skullgrin asked, "Shall we?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig replied

"I guess you're just going to have to be persuasive. Let me know if you require any of the Tyrant's firepower, try and avoid it coming to that. Better an ally than a new enemy"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Victory Square, Heading towards the Rust Sea

Skullgrin made an affirmative grunt in the commlink to Detritus. "Will do, Jury Rig. You an' those aboard the Tyrant just get ready to fire and do your stuff when we uncover the underwater base."

The Pretender waved what passed as goodbye to Sunstorm and Snap Trap, "I guess we'll be seeing you guys around. Or not." the Pretender tried to show as if he actually showed interest in the two. Turning to Huffer, the Pretender narrowed his optics. "As for you, little Autobot, you have until we come back to this spot to make yourself scarce. We'll take you with us if we see you still here."

Turning to Octane, Skullgrin gestured towards the endless horizon of silvery metal that is the Rust Sea. "Come on. We have an underwater base to take back to Crystal City." Skullgrin's Pretender shell appeared out of subspace and enveloped him.

Fully clothed, so to speak, Skullgrin made a bestial roar and began to jog towards the Rust Sea.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Victory Square, Heading towards the Rust Sea

"Yes," Octane says when Skullgrin spoke to Huffer. This is Lord Gigatron's territory now. If you want to stay here, you'll have to help."

Octane transforms to truckmode and rolls ride beside Skullgrin. "Well that was a waste of our time," he said to him.
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Edge of the Rust Sea

Skullgrin grunted dimly at Octane as the triple-changer drove by beside him. The Pretender stood up to his full height on the edge of the Rust Sea, glanced behind him to see Snap Trap and the others behind him, before leaping into the metallic expanse in front of him. The sea looked silvery from their point of view, but seen from above or from underwater, the liquid metal would be seen to be a brownish, rusty shade of colour, earning it it's nickname.

Skullgrin's shell's eyes blinked as they adjusted to the liquid surroundings, and the Pretender had to rely more on sonar and other sensors than sight to navigate his way around the murky liquid metal. He could see underwater, but not that well. The liquid felt (and smelled) dirty, and Skullgrin's shell snorted in disgust at the salty rust smell of the liquid. "Skullcruncher and Submarauder make better choices for this." Skullgrin muttered to himself, as he waited for Octane to join him.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sunstorm crossed his arms and turned to Huffer, "It seems that the area is not as secluded as we had thought. I'm going to move on in search of somewhere else to hide out. You don't seem to be in the best of shape. Hmm... Would you like to come with me until you're back in working condition? Or are you going to wait on those two to come back?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Rust Sea

Octane transformed into robot mode again and looked at the sea. "Brrr... there goes the paint job..." Octane slowly walked into the rust sea. Joining Skullgrin, Octane said: "Let's get this over with as soon as possible. I'm sure Lord Gigatron wants this to be done as quick as possible."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rust Sea

"Skullgrin say paintjob not important now." the Pretender said to Octane as he waded deeper into the Rust Sea, before breaking into a dive/swim position when the ground gave way. "Need to find underwater base, that more important."

The Pretender began making his way towards the nearest coordinate that Jury Rig had pointed out, doing a rather sloppy version of dog-paddling.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: -pokes dead thread with a stick- :poke:)

Rust Sea, Underwater

Skullgrin landed with nary a sound on the bottom of the sea floor. The Pretender's vision was limited; not this personality of Skullgrin cared. "Skullgrin think base is nearby-" the Decepticon began, before the shell split open, revealing Skullgrin's inner robot mode.

"Damn, but being trapped in a mind full of rage isn't my idea of 'fun'." Skullgrin muttered to himself, as headlights in his tank mode illuminated the large base sunken underwater. "Alright, Octane, Jury Rig. I think we hit jackpot. How do we get it up to the Tyrant?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Rust Sea, Underwater

"I don't think we can use the tractorbeam This station is too heavy for that, but the Tyrant should be able to lift it out of the water," Octane said.
Aspiring DJ!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig responded

"you need to release th emagnetic clamps holding the station to the seabed. You'll need to find the control room."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rust Sea, Underwater

"Affirmative, Jury Rig." Skullgrin replied, and turned to face Octane, "You hear that? We need to find the control room. Shell- activate."

With the command, Skullgrin's shell phased out of subspace and enveloped the Pretender, and the Decepticon grunted as he walked on the underwater base. "Control room! Must find control room!" The Pretender growled, as he began to randomly open doors, hoping to go into said room.

As Skullgrin rounded a corner, a dark shape shot through the water and clamped two massive teethy jaws on Skullgrin's shoulder. The Pretender grunted with rage as he reached out with his other claw, tearing the round-shaped creature into two. Skullgrin's shell did not recognize it, but his inner shell did. A Sharkticon. Both minds decided on one thing: they had to fight.

"Octane! Enemy here!" Skullgrin's shell grunted. The inner robot jumped out of the Pretender shell, opening fire with his slagmaker cannons. "Sharkticons. Must be leftovers from the Quintesson invasion. Fascinating." The inner robot spoke, a stark contrast to the thuggish ramblings of the shell.