[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix Border

Barricade's transmission came in a Ruckus was relieved. Glad he took the chance to sent out a distress call to Crystal City for help. He hated asking for help, but with so many parts missing from his body he had no choice. -Great. Now I got to spend a Solar Cycle in the CR-Chamber. I hate that.-

Ruckus was leaking oil everywhere and he was hoping that they would hurry up with their rescue. -If I ever run into Cyclonus or those other guys that left me here, I'm gonna give them an ear full. Ear full of mercury rockets that is...- Ruckus snickered at the thought.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix Border

Attention, energon reserve levels at 23%. Stasis lock advised.

Ruckus' diagnostics systems were warning Ruckus that he needed to shut down if he wanted to keep his spark, but Ruckus refused. He didn't want to be in stasislock so close to the border with Stanix. Not with those blasted mutants running aorund there. Not to mention the possibility of having Imperial soldiers walking around there. No, if he had to go out, he would go out fighting with the little energy that he had left. - Ngh. I hope they hurry up. Don't think I can last another cycle.. -
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

In the air

Submarauder sat quietly in the passenger compartment and listened to Shuttle Gunner talk about his work with gestalt technology.

This ones smart. Young but smart. He'll do well if he can survive for long enough.

"Roger that." The Pretender replied after the Decepticon transport alerted him of their entrance into Tarn air space. After going through his own weapons check he turned to face the seat next to him. "Gravel, do you have your equipment ready? Ruckus might need immediate attention when we find him."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

In the Air

Gravel sighed.

"I am as always at a high state of readiness as is the duty of all competent Decepticon troops."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

In the air

Shuttle Gunner decelerated precipitously and swept the area with his scanners, then made a sound that could best be described as 'vexed'.

"I'm reading sixteen Cybertronian life signs in the general area that we were told Ruckus could be found in. One of them is injured, and alone. The others are moving in discreet two- and three-mech teams. I'm going to make the educated guess that the solitary injured robot is our comrade. Who the rest are I can't say, but given the recent encounters in Stanix we could be looking at either mutants or Imperials. Settlers from one of the local villages are another possibility according to the datatracks I downloaded, and by all accounts they don't like visitors."

He looped around toward what he assumed was Ruckus's position. "I'm bringing us around for a closer pass on the solo life sign. If it's our man I'll bring us in for a landing. If not..."

The ambient noise in his cabin got a bit louder as he went weapons-hot and started charging his gamma rays.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix Border

Attention! Energon reserve levels at 14%. Stasis lock advised.

Again, Ruckus overrid the command again. He refused to go into stasis lock when he wasn't sure if he was safe. Breaking away from his Imperial attackers would surely have attracked some attention and if he was going out, it wasn't going to be like this. Not without a fight.

He could hear a sound above him. With most of his energy rerouted to keep him functioning, he couldn't really make out where exactly the sound originated from or what it was, but it sounded like a shuttle.
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

In the air

Shuttle Gunner flew over the single life sign and cross-referenced what he found with the records he'd downloaded about Ruckus. They matched, more or less. A quick statistical analysis told him that the differences were within two standard deviations of the baseline scans, a significant difference but not completely out of line if he'd taken significant damage. There was an annotation on the Decepticon's file that said he tended to do exactly that, and had a very high pain tolerance that let him stay on his feet through a lot of punishment. Factoring in all of that, Shuttle Gunner ran a decision algorithm that told him that there was a 76.8% chance that they were looking at their target. Another algorithm determined that the margin of error was acceptable, so he said, "We've got him. I'm setting down."

He circled the area, losing speed and altitude with each pass until he finally touched the ground and rolled to a stop. His hatch slid open to allow Submarauder and Gravel egress.
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder cautiously exited Shuttle Gunner and made his way to the nearist vantage point. With his Proton rifle at the ready he scanned the area for any visible threats.

"It's clear." The Pretender commed before he made his way back down to the landing area. "Shuttle Gunner. Which direction was the life sign reading coming from?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner examined his sensor data, then considered three different ways of expressing it before he told Submarauder, "Northeast, about a hundred paces. There are possible hostiles close to his position."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

"Right, you two follow up behind me. Shuttle Gunner, I know you're designed more for space combat than atmospharic flight but we'll need you to take to the air and provide fire support quickly if we encounter any trouble. Alright?"

Submarauder activated his comm as began making his way in the direction Shuttle Gunner indicated. "Ruckus... Do you read us.... This is your rescue party.... we are approaching your position now."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix border area

Ruckus heard voices and heard noise over his comm, but couldn't make out if they were friendly or not. With his energon levels at such a low point, he was only 5 percent away from letting stasis lock commence. His vision blurred and his audio receptors not working a ful capacity due to firing his rockets at close range, the almost totalled bot decided to risk it. If they were unfriendly, they couldn't do much damage anyway.

"...Kzztt...," he voice crackled and could barely speak. "Is.. anybody .... krrrrt... there?"
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

"Aye, sir," Shuttle Gunner acknowledged Submarauder's order. He closed up and took back to the skies once Gravel had cleared the hatch, spiralling up until he had gained enough altitude to use his gamma rays effectively.

He scanned the area visually but didn't see any of the unfamiliar mechs he was picking up on sensors. Rather than reassure him, that filled the young Decepticon with a creeping sense of nervous excitement, something that he'd never felt before. Not quite understanding what he was feeling, he had to run a series of analytical algorithms before he realized that he was, in fact, literally worrying about nothing. His logic circuits couldn't explain it, which left him with no adequate reason for the emotion.

Maybe Sandstorm will be able to give me some insight when I get back.

As he was gaining altitude, he picked up what he thought was a transmission...but with the radiation in the air from nearby Stanix, he couldn't make it out.

"Sirs," he commed to Submarauder and Gravel, "I'm picking up faint signals coming from the direction you're headed."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tarn Border

Gravel grumbled as he trudged after Submarauder.

"Do I look like a combat medic.... whats that over there."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

"It's him!" Submarauder shouted to Gravel as he could now both see Ruckus nearby and hear his voice coming faintly over the comm.

The Pretender rushed over to the Triggercon's side and was overtaken by horrified surprise at the sight of Ruckus' mangled form. "Gr...Gravel. First aid now!"

Submarauder Turned his head to the sky, partly to get a fixe on Shuttle Gunner but also to avoid having to stare at the wounded Deception's rather disturbing state, and activated his comm.

"Shuttle Gunner. We've found Ruckus, or whats left of him anyway, have you detected any hostiles in the area that could be a problem for us. Out."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

"I'm picking up unknown signatures on my sensors," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder, "but I can't see them. Either they're hiding, or very well camouflaged. Either way I wouldn't recommend staying here any longer than we need to. There's a chance that--"

He broke off as one of his sensors detected that he was being painted with a several low-power lasers. They couldn't damage him...but they would do a very good job of triangulating his position. He quickly calculated that the only logical explanation was that the beams in question were range-finding lasers built into the targeting array of a ground-based weapons array.

He accelerated and banked as hard as his unwieldy airframe would allow, and sure enough he detected a strong surge of heat on the ground followed by a stream of silver-blue bolts of energy shooting up at him. The bolts scythed through where he'd been sitting, then started to slowly track after him.

"Ion cannon," he told Submarauder. "About two kilometres southwest from your position. Do you see where it's firing from?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stanix Border Aerea

Gravel harumphed

"He's barely worth saving but of course a mech of my undoubted skills should be able to at least stabilise hum."

Gravel kneeled fishing a med kit out of subspace and went to work.
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder rushed over to a nearby vantage point, put himself facing southwest and switched his optical sensors to maximum magnification.

"I see them Shuttle Gunner." The Pretender could now see the stream of ion blasts eminating from what appeared to be an otherwise adandoned factory complex. "They appear to be very well entrenched i'm afraid. If I can get close enough I should be able to distract them long enough for you to get in close and take them out. But, if you can, it might be preferable if could just dodge their fire and come pick us up as we have no idea what sort of forces we're facing here."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner thought about that for a few seconds, but then he told Submarauder, "That wouldn't be advisable, sir. I can land easily enough, but taking off I'll have three times my usual mass. Shooting us down would be trivially easy."

He examined the general area again, then said, "if I may suggest, I don't need to get in close. I merely need about ten seconds of clear skies and a precise bearing on where they're located. If you could draw their fire groundward, sir, I should be able to take them out."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

"Understood." Submarauder replied to Shuttle Gunner. "I'll Get in close and provide the necssary distraction. You keep yourself out of their sights. We can't afford to lose our transport."

Wonderful, I didn't plan to play hero this morning. And I'm gonna have to use this too.......

Suddenly, a tall blue humanoid figure flickered into existance besides Submarauder. The monstrous Pretender shell stood without moving flinching though it's organic nature was still somehow apparant. For one thing noticable scars, cuts, gashes and bruses were visible all over it's body.

"Gravel" The Pretender turned to the Decepticon. "I need to take care of that gun emplacement. I'll leave my shell here to protect you but be cautious as it's not at 100% capacity and i'm going to try and controll it from a very extreme range so it's not going to be overly responsive. So just try and make sure Ruckus is ready for transport as soon as possible."

Submarauder began makeing his way as fast as he could toward the gun site and it's unknown occupiers.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

Submarauder didn't get very far before someone noticed exactly what building he was paying attention to. He would be able to hear a distant shout and telltale smash of a breaking window. Moments later it was followed by the whump of a grenade launcher firing in the Pretender's direction.