[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder was thrown from his feet as the first grenade exploded by his side. He was flung into a nearby shell crater witch served to protect him from the further succession of grenade rounds which detonated all around him.

As the Pretender recovered he found himself at the bottom of the crater laying in a puddle of what was probably some sort of toxic liquid and covered with blackened scorch marks. With a cloud of smoke and dust now obscuring him from sight he rose back to his full height.

A grenade-sniper. Submarauder thought to himself. Now i'v seen everything.

The Pretender emerged out of the smoke brandishing his shield. He knew he was taking a risk. This technique was standard for deflecting projectiles in sub-aquatic combat conditions but to his surprise he had found a number of years ago that it was also effective at dealing with grenade launchers.

A second succession of grenade rounds now came at Submarauder but he simply deflected them one by one with his shield and allowed them to explode harmlessly nearby. This had been a big gamble as knew that if these projectiles had used a more sophisticated fuse mechanism he would probably be dead right now.

Eventually after pinpointing his target's position Submarauder deflected the last grenade right back the way it had come. The device exploded just above the window and hoping that the grenadier was stunned the Pretender let off several shots from his Proton rifle strait at the window.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

The grenade fire stopped short when Submarauder returned fire. The relief was short-lived, though, because within a few seconds he would find himself under fire from half a dozen different places...including the large rooftop ion cannon that had been menacing Shuttle Gunner.

"It would seem like you've got their attention, sir," Shuttle Gunner said without a trace of irony. "Give me about thirty seconds and I should have you clear."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix Border Area

As Gravel was working on stabilizing his systems, Ruckus was still aware of the commotion going on around him. Turning his head to Gravel he said: "Get me out of this hell hole," with a crackling voice. He didn't want to saty in Tarn longer than he needed to.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Slag,slag,slag,slag......!

Submarauder dived for cover as a rain of weapons fire came down upon him. Sheltering within a doorway looked down at his scorched and twisted armor with distain.

I'm not a slagging one bot army here. This is rediculous! The Decepticon lamented.

"I read you Shuttle Gunner. You do your thing and I'll do mine." The Pretender peared out into the open again and began firing off shot after shot at the various enemy positions.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

"Aye, sir," Shuttle Gunner replied to Submarauder. He risked a few seconds of level flight, and when no one ventured to try and shoot him down he was able to compute a firing solution on the building that housed the unknown enemies' main weapon.

When he discharged his gamma rays, the transformers on the ground wouldn't be able to see anything unless they had their optics tuned to scan the very highest bands of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since no one who didn't operate in deep space would have much need for that, they probably wouldn't even realize that the building was under fire until all of the windows spontaneously exploded from a rapid increase in heat. Slightly less than five seconds after that the concrete and composites that made up the building's floors and walls started to melt, revealing structural supports that were glowing red-hot.

A more sustained bombardment could have vapourized the target completely, but there would have been little point when two figures sprinted out of the building, their green and grey armour making their allegiance all too obvious to anyone who was paying attention. The Imperials, badly burned and melted, fled from the scene as fast as they could.

Shuttle Gunner turned his attention to the other locations where their enemies had dug in...only to find that they'd all been abandoned. Not counting the two that he'd toasted, he could see ten unfriendlies fleeing and none brave enough to stay and fight. The other three were nowhere in sight, but the slowly-cooling patches of ground he detected suggested that Submarauder had killed them.

"I think we're clear now, sir," he said. "I'm coming in for a landing."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder had justed jammed another power pak into his rifle ready for another burst of suppression fire when he received Shuttle Gunner's communique.

"Wait, what?" The Pretender peared around from his cover and was surprised to see that no one was trying to blow his head off anymore. A further pear around let him see the weapon emplacement building off in the distance and it's warped superstructure. "Huh. Nice work Airman. I'll meet you at the landing zone shortly."

Before making his way back Submarauder walked over to a doorway where he was sure that he had scored a direct hit on one of his attackers. Sure enough laying there was the scorched remains of an Imperial trooper. Due to the notoriously pour armour quality of the Imperials the Pretender's proton shot had torn right through the trooper and had left little to indicate that this creature had ever been alive.

Submarauder did pick up a piece of what appeared to be chestplating though. It featured several markings some of which he recognized as indicating rank and unit. It seemed this Imperial was some kind of Squad or Platoon leader which was probably why the others had fled so quickly leaderless as they were.

After subspacing the charred armor plate The Pretender open up a comm for Gravel. "Gravel, I and Shuttle Gunner are returning to your position and preparing to move out. Are you and Ruckus ready to go yet?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Border Area

Gravel snorted

"you and me both."

He finished work

He replied to Submarauder.

"I have stabilsied him I've done all I can."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner fired his braking thrusters, taking care to point them away from Ruckus and Gravel. He slid to a stop, dropping his entry ramp and saying, "Ready to go, sirs?"

He kept his sensors hot while he was waiting, but on the ground he couldn't see nearly as far as he could when he was airborne.
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder arrived just as Shuttle Gunner landed. He turned to Gravel and spoke. "Load up the patient as quick as you can. I'll keep watch until your aboard."

Submarauder walked over to his Pretender shell, which had left standing watch nearby, and reunited with it allowing it to encase his body and hoping it's regenerative abilities could help fixes his own battle damage.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Border

Gravel transformed into dump truck mode and fired up his crane grab. It carefully manoeuvered to scoop up Ruckus. The cargo safetly onboard he reveed his way towards Shuttle Gunner.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner's sensors pinged while he was watching Gravel hoist the damaged Ruckus up onto his cargo bed.

"I'm reading six life signs heading this way," he warned the others. "We'd better get out of here soon."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area
"I see them!" Submarauder called to Shuttle Gunner. "They're hostiles."

"Gravel! Get on board now!"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Stanix border area

Ruckus wasn't aware of anything. He had no idea where he was right now since his audio sensors and his optical sensors were functioning at minimal capacity. Trying to speak wasn't an option for him either as it would spent more energy than he could spare. He could only hope that he was going to be taken care of and transported to safety.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Border

Gravel gunned his engine

"i'm coming as fast as I can I'm not exactly built for speed."

With a squeal of brakes and a smell of burning rubber Gravel shot up the entry ramp and then slammed on his brakes as his momentum threatened to carry him into Shuttle Gunners bulkhead.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

As Gravel came aboard, explosive shells started to hit the ground near the Decepticons' position. Shuttle Gunner lit up his main engines before his ramp even had a chance to close, buffeting his three passengers around the cabin as he gained altitude and the air started to get sucked out. When the ramp sealed shut, he banked hard to port to avoid a particle beam lancing up from the ground.

Shuttle Gunner returned fire with his gamma ray lasers, but moving at speed on a tangent away from the target he had approximately a two percent chance of actually hitting anything. He might force the Imperial gunners to keep their heads down, though.

When he wasn't immediately illuminated by another beam he thought they were home free...until he detected a targeting laser hitting his hull. Half a second later he detected distinctive chemical burns.

"We've got incoming anti-air missiles," he told his passengers. Tie Ruckus down and strap yourselves in, please, because the ride isn't going to get any smoother."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area

Submarauder helped Gravel to secure Ruckus down on the single medbed inside Shuttle Gunner's cramped passenger compartment before tying himself down into one of the seats.

"Airmen. I assume you have a way of getting us out of here."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

"I'm a gunner, sir," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder, rather unnecessarily all things considered. "Not a transport pilot. I'm not trained in low-level evasion but I'll do my best." He refrained from going into detail, not wanting to tell his passengers that they had less than a 25% chance of getting out of this unscathed.

Shuttle Gunner calculated the incoming vectors for the missiles (nine in total), then dialled his guns down to minimum power and started to fire along their projected routes. His chances of hitting anything with any one shot were slim, but at low power his guns had a very fast rate of fire and with any luck at all he'd be able to take out at least one of the missiles.

It so happened that he managed to hit two of them, knocking one out of the sky and sending another careening off-course. Steering toward one of the gaps that he'd opened up, he pushed his engines past redline and said, "Hold on tight back there."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

It was close, alarmingly so, but Shuttle Gunner managed to blast through the incoming cloud of missiles without getting completely obliterated in the process. He kept his engines going at full burn and threw in just enough evasive patterns to avoid another missile lock, not wanting to take the chance that there were yet more enemies waiting in ambush for him.

"That's not something I want to experience again any time soon," he said, trying not to calculate just how lucky they'd been to survive. "We'll be back at the Fearless in one and a half breems."
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Stanix border area
Submarauder gave a sigh of relief as the group escaped from their attackers. "Excellant work Shuttle Gunner. You have our recommendations."

The Pretender turned to Gravel. "I assume that Ruckus is still stable?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Stanix border area

"Thank you sir," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder truthfully. "That means a lot."

He checked his GPS, then told them, "We're officially out of Tarn airspace, with no signs of further pursuit. I calculate a 94.8% chance that we've successfully evaded our foes. I suppose this counts as a job well done?"

(OOC: That was fun! Now back to the Crystal City thread we go! :) )