[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm:Those Ills we Have (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

Destroyer's demands could be quite clearly heard through the open doorway of the evacuation ship. Splint shook his head. "Usualh protocols," he told the Senior Paradon who was helping him with Rangerr.

The fem nodded, optics narrowing, and moved away. Another unit moved over, faultlessly picking up the checks her sister had left.

"He's good ta go," Splint remarked with a quick, reassuring smile at Rydre. Turning to the Paradon, he added: "Clhamp the gurney dohwn hard. Then check all th' others. Walking wounded get strapped in, rhight?"

After reassuring another patient, he strode down the ship's ramp and accosted Headlight and Jemmy, who were trying to prepare an anaesthetic-drunk Despatch for transit.

"Ah'm invoking th' old emergency procedures. Th' old ones for Decepticohn seige. Y'all understandh?"

Headlight said, "I believe we do. However, we're rather busy at the moment..."

~~~

Jumpstart stepped back from Wing Saber and snapped his scanner off. "I've sealed what leakages I can and patched over. That's all I can do for now," he apologised. "You can fly, but your stabilisers need a lot more work - you might find yourself feeling disoriented."

To Bumblebee he then said calmly, "If that is all, I must help young Spill; he seems to be having some trouble..."

...which was an understatement, for Spill and Jilly were struggling to keep the unnamed Sheriff from flatlining.

Afterburner, his guns drawn, could only stand guard, much as Lasoo was doing at his side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ruins of Sentinel Prime Detention Facility

"Turbines, this is Prankster. Respond." Skywarp spoke again into the commlink, still using their old Seeker call-signs. He waited for Thrust to respond to him, but he was not aware that Dirge, who would recognize those call-signs, is still around...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Dirge actually had his old Decepticon frequencies deactivated specificly so that they couldn't try to contact him, a fact Thrust discovered not too long ago. He would probably recognize the call signs, if he were aware that there was an incoming call. Right now he's none the wiser ;) ))

Premier Forum

"It will do for now," Wing Saber answered to Jumpstart, standing up and testing out his body again. He was still quite sore, but he was able to move without too much trouble now. "The important thing will be getting everyone out of here without further injuries."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Premier Forum

A second shell thumped down feet form the first crater.

"This is your last warning."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz looked up at the Destroyer and replied. We're going to look and see how much medical supplies we can gather for you. I would appreciate it if you would hold off firing on us in the mean time!"

The medics were still working hard to repair the fallen bots as much as they could. He couldn't afford to start a war with the Blue Army group when they were working hard to keep others alive. With the situation this dire, Jazz knew that he had to prepare for the worst.

He opened up a private line to Hound. "Hound, this is Jazz. Think you can create a hologram long enough to cover our escape?"

Awaiting a reply from Hound, Jazz opened up another com link to Afterburner. "Jazz to Afterburner. Is your guy's condition stable enough to move into the ship? If we can't meet the demands of our enemy, get ready to fight."

Jazz looked at Dirge. "I'm gonna try and avoid a fight as much as I can with these wounded lying around here. If we can't give these guys what they want, get ready for a fight though." He looked down at Thrust. "And don't you worry. I'm not about to give you up either. Even if you're a Decepticon."

Jazz could see Highbrow in the distance and called out to him. "Highbrow! We need to move now! Is the ship ready to depart?"

It's been a long time that Jazz worked with a group on a Special Ops mission. When he started this one, the mission looked simple enough. Find and rescue any survivors from the Sentinel Prime Detention Centre. A mission he thought he could do alone easily. Jazz can't help but feel that his fellow Autobots rely on him to save the day and it made him somewhat insecure eventhough he manages to hide that well from the others with his cool demeanor.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist walked up to Jazz. "Any idea on how many there are? Think we can take them?"
------------------

Thrust jumped a little when he received Skywarp's signal, glancing around to see if anyone else had received it. He was about to reply when Jazz told him he would not be traded for the autobot's lives. "Thank you. It means a lot." He said in reply. These Autobots are easier to fool that I thought. Hard to keep a strait face though.

Thrust transmitted back on the Decepticon signal that Skywarp had used. "Prankster - good to here from you. Little tied up at the moment. Might be harder to get out than you think."

-----------------

Highbrow's sophisticated radio frequencies picked up Decepticon comm chatter, but before he had a chance to decrypt it and listen in, Jazz questioned him about the ship and derailed him with the urgency of the request.

"They are beginning emergency protocols. I believe they are almost finished loading the injured about the ship, but I believe we need to act with more urgency. It does not appear we have much time."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

Splint dashed across to Spill and Jilly, and hissed, even as he knelt to assist the dying mech, "Emergency protocols. Ya onboard?"

At that point, Jumpstart also arrived. "Ah," he said. "It's been a long time since we used those other than in practice runs. But I fear we shall lose this emergency if we go ahead."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Premier Forum

"Hound here, I think it should work," Hound replied silently on the encrypted frequency to Jazz. "Covering out tracks earlier worked alright, holding a firm hologram to let the ships escape should be easy. Wing Saber's been patched up and is flight ready, but I don't think he can last too long in a fight. Once they're clear, we'll need to get out quick."

He then turned back towars Bumblebee, adressing him and any Medics nearby who might be listening. "Looks like we're going to distract them while the medical ships make a break for it. Gonna try to avoid a fight, but get ready for one just in case."

"They'll have to think twice before attacking us if it comes down to a chase. I still have most of my missles," Wing Saber spoke briefly before transforming, slowly given his injuries, into his jet form.

Dirge's main focus on the missle boat, he didn't take note as Thrust reacted to his incoming call. The second shell lobbed at them had made Dirge tense up further, though, and he did start to move towards he other seeker. His gaze stayed mostly on the enemy vessle as he reached for Thrust, to take hold of and guide him to a safer distance.

"Come on, we don't need you on the font line of this."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ruins of Sentinel Prime Detention Facility

Skywarp received the message from Thrust and nodded. "The... ah... Free Robots got you, Turbines? Where's your location? I'll jump in there and get you out. With my skill set it should be easy."

The black Seeker activated his jet afterburners and shot to the sky, rotating himself three hundred and sixty degrees to search for where Thrust could have been.

Several explosions rang out from the direction of Premier Forum, and Skywarp shrugged. In that instant, he disappeared. Half a second later, he was a mile in that direction, halfway in transformation. The next second, he had disappeared and was another mile in the same direction, already in his jet mode.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

Afterburner sent to Jazz: 'The casualty's not good, Jazz - there're four medics working on him. Hm, one of the medics has mentioned 'emergency protocols'. I'll ask and report.'

He half-turned, keeping one optic on Destroyer and asked, "What are these 'emergency protocols' exactly?"

Splint looked up, his grin taught. "Basicallhy we just let outta here; the ship's unahrmed, but it has a shield an' Pilot is good."

"There's a risk to the more severely damanged," Jumpstart added, hands moving urgently across the patient's innermost circuitry.

"Yeah, well, the mahjority will make it," Splint muttered apologetically. He stood up, looked over at the hovering threat. "There's stuff in the hospital if'n they want it - an' they're welhcome."

At which remark, all the medics, according to their natures, made some kind of amused sound.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thanks Dirge. I don't feel like being on the front line when I'm unarmed and chained. Don't suppose you feel like correcting either of those, do ya?" Thrust said, not really expecting a positive answer to either of the requests.

Stepping back away from Dirge, turning away, he quickly sent a silent transmission back to Skywarp. "Head towards the Premier forum. An old friend is with me at the moment. We shouldn't be too hard to spot."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

Skywarp replied to Thrust over the intercom. "Got it, Turbines. I'll be there in a minute. An old friend, eh? The Au- um, Free Robots got another one of ours tied up?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

"Cant risk this too much longer." Thrust replied back to Skywarp, getting nervous. "And no, he's not tied up. I wish he was Prankster. He has become deluded to the point of joining the Free Robots."
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: alright, here goes...

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

"I got no clue, Ironfist", Jazz replied. "That's what I don't like. Got no clue who or what this Blue Army is or what they're capable of. However, I got a plan so stand ready to move."

Highbrow's transmission came in not long after that. "Copy that. Stand ready for action on my signal."

Immediately after that, Hound's and Afterburner's transmissions came in on the secure line. "Copy that. I'll wait for your report, Afterburner. Hound, as soon as Afterburner gives me a status update, I'll give you the signal and you throw up your hologram. I'll ask Dirge if he's up to the task of distracting The Destroyer long enough for us to make a break for it."

Jazz was too busy trying to get a grip on the situation to notice that Thrust was acting a little too secretive. Jazz walked up to Dirge and whispered: "Dirge, I got a task for you if you're up to it. On my signal, I want you to transform and distract The Destroyer as much as you can, so we can load the injured aboard the ship and get out of here. You're the only one right now that's fast enough to break free from pursuit if they decide to go after you. I'll ask Wing Saber to back you up."

Jazz opened up a com link Wing Saber: "Wing Saber, this is Jazz. How're you feeling, buddy? I've asked Dirge to distract The Destroyer so we can make a break for it. Think you can back him up?"

"I got your back, Hound," Bumblebee replied as he entered his Pretender Shell for extra protection. "We'll show 'em what were made off if they're stupid enough to attack us."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

The Premier Forum

A huge battlewagon heaved itself over the horizon and the missile boat manoeuvred and landed on its deck.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

"Deluded? Joining the Free Robots?" Skywarp asked Thrust, horrified at the prospect of any Decepticon actually thinking of doing so. Then, he remembered Dirge. "Scarecrow? Scarecrow's with you?"

Without waiting for a reply, Skywarp angled downwards to the Premier Forum, where a large battleship was opening fire to a bunch of Autobots. "Hang tight, Turbines. I'm coming in hot."

With that, Skywarp transformed mid-air and disappeared from the skies.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Premier Forum

Dirge nodded briefly in acknowledgement of Thrust, but otherwise the captive seeker recieved no clear response about his bindings, Dirge's focus still on the Blue Army as they prepped for aggressive action. After Jazz spoke again, Dirge seemed to be listening more closely to what his ally was saying. "I'll do whatever we need to get them out of here."

Normally such a prospect might have made him worried, but it was one of the things Dirge had noticed about himself ever since he had joined the Auobots. He had bonded with them as a whole moreso than he had ever done with the Decepticons, and found himself more driven to protect them. He found it hard to explain, but the fear of his own allies coming to harm drove him instead of consuming him. He still had his worries, like when Thrust had first approached him in the prison, but for now there was no time for such personal fears - there was people to protect, and allies that might soon need aid - he could already feel himself becoming pumped up for what was to come.

"I'm just about in possition," Hound answered to Jazz. He had been driving to look for a good spot to put up his hologram, nearby to the approaching Blue Army but still out of view of them so that they wouldn't notice a sudden appearance of supplies. He had chosen an open space around the corner of a large building just a short distance from where Jazz's group was currently located.

"Give them these coordinates," Hound reported as he transmitted the information to Jazz. "It's just a bit behind you, should give you guys plenty of time to get past it before they figure out what's going on. Just give us the signal when you're ready."

Back with Bumblebee and the medics, Wing Saber answered Jazz's incoming transmittion. "I'm not fit for full out combat, but I have some of my antimatter missles still, should be more than enough to make them keep their distance if need be. As soon as the medics are in the air and all of you onboard, I can take off as well. Once we know they're safe I'll be able to take us back to Iacon."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Premier Forum

Skywarp appeared mid-air, crouched, on the rooftop of a building overlooking the Forum. The Seeker surveyed the area. He could see Thrust, as well as several people guarding him. Two Autobots — Jazz he recognized immediately, while he didn't know Ironfist although the Autobot insignia was all-too-familiar. However, the third mech guarding Thrust is a mech with a same design with him, a design hauntingly familiar. It was someone Skywarp knew very well. Someone he had worked with closely before. Someone he flew with, someone he trusted to watch his back.

It's Dirge.

Dirge.

Dirge, the Master of Fear.

Skywarp scowled and closed his optics, not willing to believe. Even years ago, when Dirge first defected... he never believed it. But seeing it with his own optics... This has got to be a joke. A sick joke. Dirge can't be working with the Autobots willingly. He just can't... No Decepticon... nay, no Seeker would betray them like that. The Autobots must've brainwashed Dirge or something. It just can't happen willingly.
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: thanks BJ

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

"Copy that, Hound," Jazz replied as he received the coordinates. He then opened up a comlink to all Autobots in the area. "Everybody listen up, this is Jazz. He and I set up a plan of escape. Hound and Spike are going to create solid holograms for a short while. The ship with the wounded will take off soon and the rest of us will board Wing Saber, 'cept for Dirge. I'll take care of Thrust."

"Once everyone else is onboard, Hound will drop the hologram and will need to hightail it back to Wing Saber, with Dirge giving him cover fire. Once Hound is on, Wing Saber can take off to Iacon. Dirge can follow until we're not being followed anymore and the medical ships are safe. After that, Dirge can board Wing Saber too. Anybody got any questions?"

Bumblebee looked up again. "If needed, I can fly up too. My Pretender shell has a rocket pack that can keep me in the air for a while," Bumblebee replied to Wing Saber. "I'm going to help out as much as I can! Just don't know if I'm that eager to return to Iacon though, but I guess any place is better than here right now."
Aspiring DJ!
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow listened to Jazz's plan as he detailed it out. "I believe I could help Dirge provide aerial cover Jazz. I am not as fast as he is, but I will gladly assist."

---------------------

Ironfist replied back to Jazz, "No questions here, other than if there is a backup plan."

---------------------

"Yes, Scarecrow is here. Look for a good opening. Things are picking up here." Thrust said in reply to Skywarp.