General LEGO discussion (inc. collectible minifigs)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Re: General LEGO discussion (inc. collectible minifigs)

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Neat. That's not a bad Jazz head for general customs, too. I always forget about Kre-O stuff.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

I've started redecos, just like Hasbro. Nemesis Prime and Exhaust
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Kre-O Airachnid - Her bot feet tab together, and her head is hinged to turn straight up, so she can assume her spider form. No helicopter mode, though.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Well, that's 100 times better than any official Transformer toy the character's ever gotten! Really well done.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Puzzler (the Go-Bots combiner)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The Tux and Crasher really get the feel and silhouettes of the originals. :)

Not that familiar with the Go-Bot combiners, but Puzzler does seem like a fun project for a hacksaw and some discount store model cars.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:49 pm The Tux and Crasher really get the feel and silhouettes of the originals. :)

Not that familiar with the Go-Bot combiners, but Puzzler does seem like a fun project for a hacksaw and some discount store model cars.
There weren't many Go-Bot combiners. I think there was just Puzzler and one made of 6 that turned into monsters. And the Power Suits, where any 5 Go-Bots could be a combiner by putting them in suits that actually combined. It's not much more of a stretch than Legacy Menasor. I've thought about doing those for Kreons.

I wonder if I have any joints strong enough to do that for actual TF figures. Micromaster scale should work. Build suits out of LEGO/Kre-O that can each hold a Micromaster, then attach them together. None of the gestalts I've made so far (Beast, Monstructor, etc) have been intended to separate. But, my Vehicle and Gladiator Voltrons worked out OK.

I finally finished Tarn. I'd like to replace the 2 clear orange bits in his torso with clear purple, and some of the Technic bits holding the "treads" together in the back are the wrong shade of grey. But, the treads themselves are finally done.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'm not sure what it is with the DJD, they have about as much characterisation and individuality as lots of other Decepticons but felt a bit too villain-of-the-week even with longer exposure.

Re: other thread, If you're after a cheap decent camera I highly recommend old phones and demo units. The LG G6 I picked up a couple of years ago for desk pics has done sterling service.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 pm I'm not sure what it is with the DJD, they have about as much characterisation and individuality as lots of other Decepticons but felt a bit too villain-of-the-week even with longer exposure.

Re: other thread, If you're after a cheap decent camera I highly recommend old phones and demo units. The LG G6 I picked up a couple of years ago for desk pics has done sterling service.
My parents gave me an old tracphone of theirs, which took worse pictures than my camera, and I find the touch screen harder to use than buttons. The pics of my mini-Hearts of Steel figures came out OK, at least.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Lego-adjacent minifigs... there seem to be at least a couple of companies doing Space Marines and Imperial Guard / Astra Militarum figures -- Cadians, Kriegers, all sorts. The one in this photo that has more separately moulded pieces I think is branded as Koruit if anyone's interested and looking (I got a Dark Angels one and the plastic and level of moulding are quite impressive, albeit not really worth eBay mark up prices):

https://www.reddit.com/r/lepin/comments ... 40k_space/
https://customizeminifiguresintelligenc ... nifigures/

https://i.imgur.com/AddP489.jpeg
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Megatronia, Monstructor, and Slipstream. I posted Monstructor awhile ago, but recently got more gold pieces and redid the chest.

I also found some clear purple pieces for Tarn's abs, along with some light grey Technics to replace some of the dark grey used to hold the treads together. It's not enough of a difference to show up on camera, though. But, at least I can't think of anything else I want to do to him, so he's finally, for real, finished.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »

Chibi Op and Megs because I have lots of big heads, but not many big joints.
Tantrum

Post by Tantrum »