[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock nodded at Thrust. The Seeker might not be really the smartest cookie on the table, but he's pretty good, all things considered.

It's not like he's out ramming head-on into every single vessel in the sky, at least...

"Me, Grimlock, ready to bash brains." Grimlock said, ramming his knuckles together as he moved after Thrust. "Where Altihex?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Predacon wandered into Megatron's sanctum, completely oblivious to the preoccupied look on his brother's face.

"What is it?" Megatron asked. His voice was tired, almost disinterested. Playing the great leader for the crowd had obviously left him drained.

"Another present," Predacon told him. "You'll love this one, I promise."

"If you say so."

"Come, come," Predacon said happily. "One of my comrades and my experiments captured him for you. I can't promise that he's in collector condition anymore, brother, but you're the proud new owner of the world's only Magnus."

"Oh? This I must see."

Lugnut crossed his arms and watched as Thrust led his team out.

Amateurs, he thought to himself. Megatron will have to set them straight one day. Good luck keeping them in line, Thrust.

Prime's Shuttle

The turret fell silent as Rapido scored a hit on it.

"Good shot, soldier," Zeta Prime told him. "Keep a look out for any more."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Obsidian caught Lugnut's gaze and nodded as Thrust led his team away. "They will suffice for the mission, even though your Seeker friend seems to be the only real soldier among the bunch." Obsidian told Lugnut, as if to ease the larger warrior's worry. "Grimlock runs purely on instinct, and his brute force is enough to get him out of any trouble he finds himself in. Mindwipe is a meek follower, which leaves only the blue Seeker as the unknown quantity. In any case enough to make their mission work."

Obsidian folded his arms. "As for us, we shall need the information we require about the movement of prison ships. I shall take care of it momentarily."

Obsidian was no hacker, but as High General of Cybertron, he has privileges that no one but the Prime (and probably some high-ranking military brass) had. He accessed the database, and his non-conventional mouth pulled out into a wicked grin. "There is a prison ship departing Perihex in a deca-cycle. Excellent."

Grimlock saw Lugnut's disapproving look, as well as heard parts of Obsidian's words. So at least he was considered an amateur around here...

Well, that's about to change. He's the strongest there is.

And now, he actually has a purpose. Grimlock's red optic band flared with anticipation.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Prime's Shuttle

Kup landed the shuttle. "We're on the ground." Kup got up from his seat and grabbed his rifle from subspace. "Not liking the odds at all. We're in pretty hostile territory right now and judging from the fact that they just tried to shoot us out of the sky, I would say that the Governor doesn't want to see us, Prime"

Governor's Palace

Tarantulas giggled. "Oh, the many things that I can do with that little toy," He replied to Scorponok. "I don't think that the Autobots will stand a chance aganst this army our Governor is building. Especially not with our backing."

Tarantulas shrugged. "Spare me your emotions," he spat. "I care not for them. I envy no one." Altough that wasn't necessarily true. With the failed attempt to terminate Wheeljack and Highbrow, Trarantulas was a bit ... worried. While he was certain that it would take Wheeljack and Highbrow much longer to develop the technology Team Science has. Still, they developed a Pretender-like process on their own.

Wheeljack and Highbrow could become a problem in the future and that's something Tarantulas would not allow. Now is not the time to focus on that matter though. Sixshot was about to bring in Magnus and Tarantulas was getting all giddy again. So much, that he started to giggle.

Magnus was left at the mercy of Sixshot. He was still somewhat consious, but couldn't make out where he was. It felt as if he was flying. His systems were screaming for stasis lock. Now that the battle was over and he lost, he had no choice. "Initiate", were his final words and Magnus then slipped into stasis lock, to prevent his spark from fading away.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"Hmph." Scorponok snorted at Tarantulas' comment about emotions. "Believe what you want, we all know that envy plays a good deal in our line of work." Because he'd rather not argue too much with Tarantulas, though, Scorponok let the subject drop and instead switched over to the first bit that the other scientist said.

"I think, our work alone -- Sixshot, Springer, Finback, Ginrai, Predacon's Vehicon tin soldiers... might be enough to destroy the Autobots all by our lonesome." Scorponok raised an optic brow as Tarantulas started to giggle. What- then Scorponok realised he did not want to know.

Sixshot left Skywarp and that odd transformer Sludge behind as he shot towards Governor's palace. He briefly registered Magnus slipping into stasis lock, but did not care if it goes either way.

Sixshot zipped in through an overhead window which opened upon sensing that he was a Decepticon. Mid-air, Sixshot transformed into beast mode, rotating and flipping Magnus upwards for a couple of seconds before flipping and slamming Magnus to the ground in front of Scorponok and Tarantulas.

The Creators wanted him to impress, he will impress.

Sixshot slowly transformed, plates moving dramatically, so he was in his robot mode, one fist pressed on Magnus' back. He was kneeling on one knee, his head downcast, so the shadows played on him dramatically.

He saw the crowd gasp and murmur at the display. Of course, not really everybody was impressed... but it was enough.

Sixshot did not spoke, though. It was as if he was a true weapon that did things only when the trigger was pressed... and was he not one?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

"My my," Tarantulas said to Sixshot. "You do know how to make an entrance."

Tarantulas approached the seemingly lifeless Magnus and got all giddy again, quickly but gently clapping his hands in exitement. "Ooooh goody goody! The fun I could have with this specimen!" Tarantulas walked even closer and his scanners registered that Magnus was in stasis lock, unable to defend himself at all. Tarantulas kicked the head of Magnus.

"The Autobots' finest... Pfah!" Tarantulas spat on Magnus. "If this is their best, then this is going to be one boring war. Don't you think, Scorponok?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok chuckled, nodding at Sixshot. "He takes after his parents, it must be said. Certainly he's got my flair for drama."

Sixshot did not move, staying in his lethal weapon stance, but it was clear that his red optics were scanning the crowd. The crowd which was, now, whispering amongst themselves.

"Indeed it will." Scorponok nodded at Tarantulas' remark, loud enough so the surrounding people could hear. Publicity was never a bad thing. "This is the Autobots' best? Our Sixshot took him and an entire squad out... in his first outing!"

Obsidian turned and watched as Sixshot made his dramatic entrance. So this was the six-changer the others were talking about earlier. Very, very interesting.

And dropping Magnus like that, as does the fallen Senator's proclamations... at the very least, they know how to make a show. No doubt many of the fence-sitters would be thinking quickly of changing sides, because of fear if not because of loyalty.

However, Obsidian did not flock around Team Science and Sixshot like a good portion of the crowd. He turned to regard Springer, "If you're as good as your fellow multi-changer, I foresee a very smooth mission ahead of us."

Obsidian then turned to regard Lugnut. "Our teleporting comrade. Where is he?" This plan hinged on them being able to teleport onto a prison ship without the Autobot guard knowing, it would be... disastrous to that portion of the plan if this Skywarp is nowhere to be found.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governor's Palace

Thunderwing smirked At The attention he was receiving, he surely deserved it, after all he was a great mind of the planet, so he simply ignored the banter of the team and the crowd, though he kept a keen eye on Obsidian, as he seemed to hold some importance and thus Thunderwing was curious.

(OOC: I Return my friends I return, Combaticon update soon.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

"Here he is," Predacon announced as they walked into the main ballroom just in time to see Sixshot's spectacle. "Our beautiful baby Sixshot and his newest chew toy."

In spite of the overwhelming shame that he felt for his embarrassment of a brother, Megatron couldn't help but smile.

"Impressive," he said coolly.

He devoured the distance between himself and the new arrivals with a handful of long strides, confidently approaching the formidable new soldier and his Autobot prize.

"Very impressive," he said at last, after seeing the damage that had been done to Magnus.

Then he waved over a pair of Vehicons.

"You two," he said, "drag that to the infirmary. It would be a shame if he died before we could wring any useful information out of him."

The drones nodded, but approached Sixshot tentatively.

Megatron had no such compunctions.

"Sixshot, is it? A pleasure to meet you." He gestured to the room around him. "Welcome to my home."

Predacon smiled at Scorponok and Tarantulas as he sidled up next to them.

"Don't know about you two," he said, "but I think we're a hit!"

He waved vaguely in Thunderwing's direction, glad to see that the last member of their team was mingling instead of scaring people away with his mad scientist cackling like the rest of them were.

"OK, he's officially our PR guy from now on."

Lugnut grunted. "Who knows?" he asked Obsidian. "He's a teleporter. He could be anywhere, really."

Getting into no end of trouble...

"Skywarp," he growled into his comlink, "get back here! Air Commander Obsidian wants you."

Prime's Shuttle

Zeta Prime listened to Kup's report, a grim expression on his face. "I know," he told the old soldier.

Then he stood, hefted his staff and squared his shoulders.

"Too bad. He doesn't have a choice."

Prime strode purposefully off of the shuttle, gesturing for his four Autobot guards to stay close.

"If anyone gets in our way, move them. But if there's any killing to be done, you'd best leave it to me. They'll be too embarrassed to make a scandal out of it, that way."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governor's Palace

Thunderwing smiled but it turned to a small frown, oh if he'd only worn his new pretender shell, then everybody would give their undivided attention. he turned to Predacon and the rest of the group and asked,

"When will be able to calibrate my suit so I can show these easily impressed fools what true genius is?"

En Route

Onslaught and Swindle approached the Palace, Onslaught so he could talk to his mentor, Swindle, on the other hand, just came along to make a quick buck from the many rich, and rather dim bots inside.

"Obsidian, I'm almost to the palace." commned the Onslaught.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Mindwipe looked up at Sixshot, getting the first good look he got of him. "Increadible"

Thundercracker turned to Thrust to talk to him. "Your name?" he said, thinking back to his time with the Qintessions.....

Ratbat turned to where the antenion was going and gasped. "Scorponok?!"
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"Don't know where Altihex is?" Thrust said, looking back at Grimlock. "Don't worry, the nav-computer will get us there. A lot of cybertronians don't know where it is - for good reason. Not really a tourist site. It's..." As he was about to bash on Altihex some more, Thundercracker stepped over and asked his name. Seriously? This guy is asking my name? He just went on a mission with us! He needs to get checked out by the medics, not going on a critical mission!

Thrust looked over at Thundercracker, the sarcasm and distrust in his voice masked when he replied. "I'm Thrust. That big guy over there, " He said, indicating the dino-bot, "is Grimlock. We're your squadmates for the next mission, along with Mindwipe. Speaking of which," He said, raising his voice so Mindwipe could hear from where he was, "We really need to be heading out."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

"Hmpf," Tarantulas uttered. "Your statement is false,"he said to Scorponok. "He failed to complete his task and only managed to take out this poor excuse of a soldier." Still, Tarantulas was happy with the results, even though he didn't show it.

Tarantulas only shrugged at the comment Predacon made about Tunderwing. He cared little about the fourth member of Team Science. "He has yet to contribute anything of value," he then said. Thunderwing then adressed the group about calibrating his suit and speaking about true genius. It disgusted Tarantulas. "True genius? Bah!" he uttered. "If not for your tardiness, we could've used the Vector computer to calibrate your suit!"

Springer was amazed yet also sligthly disgusted by the way Sixshot had manhandled Magnus. Sure they were on the same side and Magnus was the enemy, but even an enemy shouldn't be treated the way that he was. Springer didn't understand the thought process that was going though him. It felt like there was something in him that was making him want to laugh at the misery of the Autobot and on the other side he felt like he needed to help him. It was strange. As if somebody was toying with his mind.

Springer left the situation for what it was right now and decided to do nothing. Just monitor the situation and keep a low profile as much as he could. "I don't think that I have the same power set as he does," Springer replied to Obsidian, "but I am a skilled fighter."

Prime's Shuttle

"Affirmative," Kup replied to Zeta Prime. "Lead the way, sir." Kup then turned to Rapido. "C'mon kid. The Prime's not going to wait for you, you know?"
Aspiring DJ!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governor's palace

"Oh I'm sorry, is the fact I'm provided most of the info on pretenders not contributing, or helping create your so called 'Ultimate Weapon" not contributing, you over grown pest. You know, you really are pathetic Tarantulas, you can't see true Genius, due to the fact your blinded by your own twisted arrogance" Spat back a rather angry Thunderwing. He did not in anyway, like being belittled by anyone he considered lower than him.

(OOC: ahh gotta love a good ol hippo critic rant in action, don't ya.)

Outside the palace

Sturmgewher grinned as he approached the entrance to the palace, he was finally going to get some revenge on that backstabbing council and that damned prime who worked for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shine

Post by Shine »

Personal Quarters, Decepticon Command Base

Chainfist was furious. Vortex had noticed. His posture signified pain was imminent and just about to greet the interrogator. He gathered as much, but those observations didn't interfere with his relaxed state.

Mechs like Chainfist, boasting similar physical attributes and personality traits, were ponderous and dim-witted. Sure, he would strive to inflict as much agony as possible on Vortex, but the dark grey Decepticon was too spry and cunning; eluding capture and suffering would be as simple as walking out of the oaf's quarters.

So when Chainfist vaulted at Vortex with his arms locked out in front of him and colossal actuators stretched wide open as if to bite down hard on the smaller Decepticon, astonishment replaced his previous emotions. Speed did not appear to be one of the oaf's assets but here he was, travelling through midair courtesy of it. Chainfist unleashed a primitive scream that accompanied him during his brief flight.

Utilising his own speed Vortex scrambled off the berth, landing on the floor more smoothly than he had anticipated. He swung his helm around, visor attached to the graceless form that descended, violently crashing onto the berth.

Chainfist expelled another scream, paying no attention to the damage he had brought about. He spun around rapidly, face-plate swarming with fury.

“You fraggin' little piece of slag! I'm gonna kill ya! Fraggin' kill ya!

Vortex decided it would be best to discontinue antagonising the larger Decepticon any further.

“Gee, I'd love to stick around and play, but I just remembered I have to be somewhere right now.” He picked himself up, the door resting squarely in his line of vision. “Maybe next time? Pit, I'll even bring my buddies around so we can all have a blast. How does that sound?”

Well, just after one more insignificant comment.

The exit had not left his sight while he was speaking. And after sizing it up for another moment, he made a dash for it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok glanced at Thunderwing as he glorified in all the attention. Hmm. Silly aristocrat. Once you've been a Senator like Scorponok had, all the attention is more a hindrance than something to be proud of.

Of course, Thunderwing still has yet to learn this...

He glared at that businessman Ratbat and bared his teeth in a dangerous smile, as if daring the mewling businessman to contact Iacon and tell them that the wayward Senator is hiding in Kaon, painted in greens and purples.

He turned to Tarantulas and shrugged. "Publicity, my dear spider. Make them fear Sixshot." He whispered, gesturing with his claws at the crowd around them.

Scorponok put them all out of his mind for the moment, though, for Predacon soon returned with Megatron in tow. Scorponok smiled, content to allow Predacon to talk to Megatron. After all, Predacon was their leader's brother.

All the more reason to get on his good side.

He chuckled at Predacon. "I don't mind Thunderwing being our PR guy. I've had enough keeping up with others and pretending to be happy while working as a bloody Senator."

Scorponok, capable as he is, is not a people person. He was a scientist, he was a warrior...

Scorponok turned to Thunderwing and Tarantulas, and frowned, "You know, I was hoping that the Vector computer gave your shell an immediate calibration, but I suppose silly Temple devices can't be that smart. But please, not here. We're in front of our leader, after all."

He was worried that with both their egos, one of them is liable to jump the other. And squabbling in front of so many people can't be good for their reputation...

Sixshot watched as his Leader Megatron and Creator Predacon walked up to him. Megatron radiated power, physical power, and yet there seemed to be more to him. The aura of a leader.

So this is who his Creators worked for.

This was his leader.

He looks powerful.

Should he fight him?

No. Not yet.

He is to serve.

Sixshot ignored the Vehicons, still in his half-bowed, half-crouched, shadowed position.

He bowed down, slowly, on one knee. Slowly, so the crowd could see what he was doing. "Megatron. I live to serve you." Sixshot rasped, his optics looking up at Megatron.

Obsidian kept an optic as Megatron approached Sixshot. Obsidian was vaguely aware that Thunderwing was watching him, but since the other wore a Decepticon insignia, Obsidian mentally filed the aristocrat as someone to watch out for.

He waited for Skywarp to reply to Lugnut's communications.

Despite his calm veneer, Obsidian felt a rush of excitement at being addressed as Air Commander, as if he was a newly promoted soldier...

Oh, this feels good, Strika. It's as if I'm young again.

Then Obsidian kicked himself mentally, and scanned the room again with his optics. The players were all there, of course. Megatron, Scorponok, Thunderwing, the other scientists, Skullgrin, Venom, Lugnut, Grimlock, Thrust, Mindwipe... and the others were gawping and silently whispering at Sixshot's arrival.

Excellent. Sixshot's display would no doubt cause many to rally to their force... Obsidian turned to Springer and nodded. "We shall see how much of an asset you are, hmm?"

Onslaught contacted him, and Obsidian smiled, although with his inconventional face, it looked quite creepy. "Excellent, Onslaught. Your timing is impeccable. We are about to launch an assault to liberate Destron prisoners in order to increase our army's size. Your arrival has given us a new commander. Find the red Seeker Thrust. He is with Grimlock, a flier Mindwipe and a blue Seeker Thundercracker. Follow his group. See how he commands his troops. I want to know his capabilities."

There was an unspoken undertone that asked Onslaught to watch over Grimlock, but Obsidian trusted his protege to hear it.

Grimlock watched Sixshot, and shook his head. "Him show-off. Beat one bot. Not impres- not impressa- not impressive."

Grimlock turned to Thrust and nodded. Really, he knew where Altihex was. Been there a few times. But for the sake of sounding like an idiot... Grimlock glanced at Thundercracker, and shook his head. "Him blue Seeker deaf?" Grimlock asked, then transformed into his tank mode, and rolling out at Thrust's orders.

The sooner he can ignore any other 'allies' and start hacking apart enemies, the better.

Kaon Tunnels

Skywarp glanced at Sludge as he received Lugnut's commlink.

He can't just live the dumb big lug here...

"I'll get there." Skywarp told Lugnut, then turned to Sludge. "Hey, big guy, I'm sorry, but I really really have to get going. Tell you what, you see that big building there? Go there, and you'll find more friends. You can find Leader Megatron, even. Tell them Skywarp sent you."

And with that, Skywarp disappeared in a flash of black that swirled into where his stomach was, and disappeared.

Governor's Palace

It took Skywarp three teleportation jumps and a transformation, before he reached Governor's Palace.

To his credit, he did not make a scene as he reappeared out of nowhere beside Lugnut. He glanced at Springer and Obsidian. "Sooo... what did I miss?"
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercracker truned to Grimlock "What did you say?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"Me, Grimlock, ask if you, blue Seeker, deaf. Looks like me, Grimlock, correct if you need me, Grimlock, to repeat." Grimlock snorted at Thundercracker.

Oh, how easily he could crush the Seeker. Such high-and-mighty just because they can fly, the Seeker caste. So many Seekers had entered the Gauntlet or the Pit, only to have their wings, or their faces, torn apart by Grimlock. And it seems like this idiot is not much of a fighter. Must be the type of guy that depends on numbers to win a fight.

"You, blue Seeker, have problem with that?" Grimlock asked Thundercracker, as if daring the other Seeker to make a move.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Thundercrcker tensely strained himself from ripping Grimlocks no doubt damedged vocoder out. "I, my friend, was the one who fread Sector Camp 569 during the Quintession wars. As an inmate. Single handenly." He said with a glare.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's palace

Tarantulas cackles. "Oh my dear Thunderwing. Have you forgotten that your so called Pretender proces is useless to me now that Wheeljack has managed to create a similar process without the help of a Vector computer?" Tarantulas rubbed his hands. "If a gnat like him can achieve such a feat, your standards muct not be very high, yes?" Tarantulas rubbed his chin. Hmm... Thunderwing might become a problem if he continues to push me , he thought. Something I might have to deal with later...

He cocked an eyebrow when Scorponok called him a spider. He had no idea what he meant, but didn´t give it much thought either. "Bah! Publicity," he spat. "What need do we have for publicity when most are trembling already because of what we can create?"

"Not much," Springer replied to Skywarp. "Some mechs are prepare to leave this place for a mission and Team Science just presented one of their inventions called Sixshot. Looks to me like he brought in an Autobot too." Springer squinted his optics for a moment. "Or what's left of him anyway."
Aspiring DJ!