[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"Down boys." Thrust said, stepping between Grimlock and Thundercracker. "Save your anger for the Autobots. You can brag about your acomplishments and kill counts later." Thrust stepped away, hoping the other two got the message. He looked for Mindwipe and walked over to him. "Are you ready to head out? We really need to get going. You have the codes we need, so we can't leave without you."

------------------

Prime's Shuttle

"Just finished setting the automated defenses to recognize us." Rapido replied to Kup, getting out of his seat. "Wouldn't do to be running back to the shuttle only to find it destroyed or full of enemies. Know what I'm saying?" He said, following Kup.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock snorted, unimpressed with Thundercracker.

"Me, Grimlock, say you talk slag." Grimlock growled. "Me, Grimlock, know you, proud blue Seeker, crime boss in Polyhex. You no impress me."

He turned to Thrust and glared at the red Seeker, but did not argue with him. "Code change in one deca-cycle. We hurry to Altihex before code change."

Scorponok shook his head. Tarantulas is such a hermit that he doesn't understand these subtleties, while Thunderwing holds his nose up high and ignores these subtleties. Polar opposites, but somehow they have the same weaknesses.

"Exactly that! They fear our creations, and they fear us by default... but if they see that the two of you squabble like little hatchlings, they may be able to... turn you two against each other, so to speak. And while I don't like any of you much, I'd prefer if we work to kill the Autobots instead of each other."

Skywarp winced as he glanced at Sixshot. "Yeah. I saw him beat the living daylights out of the Autobot. Stabbed me in the shoulder, too, when I tried to say hi."

Skywarp pointed at the deep wounds on his left shoulder, which, fortunately, did not puncture his wings.

Skywarp looked from Obsidian to Springer, then back to Obsidian... then finally turned to Lugnut. "We have new allies, then?" He asked the larger Decepticon.

Obsidian hovered down so he was on optic level with Skywarp. "Indeed. We shall soon have much more, teleporter, and you are essential to the mission that will bring this about. I don't believe we have been acquainted, Skywarp. I am Obsidian, High Gener-" Obsidian stopped himself, then amended his old rank. "-Air Commander of the Decepticons."

"I think I read about you in a history book before."

"You might have." Obsidian told Skywarp. "This one is Springer, a triple-changer, and our ally for the upcoming mission. We are to hijack a prison transport shuttle using your teleportation abilities, then take over the orbital Thetacon prison and liberate anyone who is willing to join Megatron's righteous cause."

Skywarp clapped his hands together as two medi-drones scuttled up and began closing his shoulder wound. "'Kay, air-commander-boss! I've never been essential before! Yeeha!"
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercrackers Allicon optic narrowed. "Look at this then" he said as he rasied his hand up to point at it.

So was all the talk what it ment to be important?
Shine

Post by Shine »

Personal Quarters, Decepticon Command Base

The distance between Vortex and the door was not great. His limbs, co-ordinating as much orderly advancement as possible, reduced that distance, propelling him closer towards the door—to freedom. Who would have thought such a thing existed within the walls of the Decepticons' Command Base?

Then again being the madhouse that it was at times, Vortex supposed anything was achievable there.

He was fortunate his observational skills were superior to most other Transformers. The instant Chainfist lunged at him, exhibiting a ferocity that would no doubt alone annihilate him, Vortex knew he was in trouble. Opposing the brute was not an option. As capable as he was in a fight, the limited amount of space and lack of strength needed against Chainfist would grant him nothing but a disadvantage.

The door expanded in his vision. Four or five more steps now.

Matters were only made worse when it was abruptly discovered the idiot was as fast as a Seeker on his best solar cycle. With his bulk he shouldn't have been able to leap further than a cyber-rat. Oh, well. Freedom would be obtained in a couple of steps.

Vortex felt something large and heavy clamp onto his shoulder-plate.

Or not.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governor's Palace

Thunderwing growled at Tarantulas's insult at him, though he heard Scorponok and acknowledged the truth in his words. "Fine, I'll stop squabbling with this pathetic insect, but he should know better than to mock technology he doesn't quite comprehend, such as the fact he does not know anything about my suit other than it's appearance." sneered the former noble.

Exterior

"Got it Obsidian." Replied Onslaught as he and swindle approached the entrance. Though Onslaught noticed a rather large bot coming to the entrance as well.

"Hey who are you?" questioned Onslaught

"Huh? Oh I'm Sturmgewher, banished former sergeant-at-arms of the Iaconian army. and future Decepticon, who are you?" replied the aforementioned Sturmgewher.

"I'm Onslaught, and this is Swindle, we also intend to join, you wanna come with us," asked Onslaught.

"Sure"

"Fine." replied Onslaught, he then commed Obsidian "Hey obsidian, we got another guy who wants to join, names Sturmgewher, says he's a banished former sergeant-at-arms from the Iaconian army. he looks like he could dish out one serious beating to anyone he fought."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock snorted at Thundercracker.

"Me not impressed. So you buy souvenir from Swindle. You want to impress me, Grimlock, do it in fights, in arena. Megatron, Sunstreaker, Lugnut, they prove worth in arena. Not in stories. Me, Grimlock, hear you run away from fight against Autobots just now."

Obsidian nodded, acknowledging the commlink from Onslaught. It seems like they have another potential recruit.

Though with Thundercracker, Mindwipe and Springer being new recruits as well, Obsidian disliked having a plan with so many unknown elements. Of course, Obsidian himself was a new recruit as well, but he was Air Commander. He was the protector of Cybertron, after all. He will save Cybertron.

Obsidian analysed everything Onslaught told him about this Sturmgewehr. A former member of the Iaconian army... always good to have another one with military training, it means, like Skullgrin had mentioned, that this new recruit would not be an idiot. And Onslaught said that he seems powerful, so he most certainly is. Obsidian trusted Onslaught's judgment in matters of individuals.

Onslaught and Prowl... two of a kind, both of them. Both skilled students of his, with excellent grasp of analyzing other Transformers.

"Onslaught, tell him another recruit is always welcome. Take him to Altihex with you, and make sure he would not have doubts when he's asked to kill his former comrades. Like Grimlock, keep a watchful optic on him, Onslaught. Both of them are former military, they may be... countermeasures."

Of course, it would be ideal if Obsidian could get Onslaught or somebody to infiltrate the Iacon military, but Obsidian wouldn't rate the survival of said spy past Prowl...
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercracker glared at Grimlock "Really? show me what you got then"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron smiled as Sixshot pledged his allegiance, but at the same time he was aware of just how the other Decepticon had dissected him with his gaze.

Oh, this one will be trouble one day. He'll need to be handled carefully.

"Then allow me the pleasure of being the first to welcome you into the Decepticon fold," was all he said aloud. "I'm sure you'll do us proud. In fact," he gestured to Magnus as the Vehicons dragged him away, "you already have."

Predacon scoffed. "You're a hard mech to impress, Tarannie."

He smiled when Scorponok explained public relations to the other members of their team.

"Exactly! Fight as much as you want behind closed doors, but in public we need to put up a united front. Oh, and crazy. Never forget the crazy. It's a key element of our public image."

Lugnut glowered over at Skywarp.

"You're late. And leaking. Should I call a medical drone over?"

Prime's Shuttle

Zeta Prime walked off the shuttle, carrying himself with a graceful bearing that suggested that he owned the place and wanted everyone to know it. And in a manner of speaking, he did.

A team of guards moved to intercept them, but when they saw who was invading their fortress they quailed and returned to the guard hut at the other side of the landing pad.

"They will be alerting their superiors, I expect," he told Kup and Rapido. "I doubt the next guards we meet will be so forbearing."

He walked through the large double doors at the end of the landing pad, and the Autobots entered the palace unmolested.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock snorted, red optic band glowing as a blade's hilt materialized on his hand, and the rest of the energo-sword followed. Glowing red and easily as long as Thundercracker was tall, Grimlock glared down at the far smaller Thundercracker.

Oh, how easy he could squash this idiot.

If it was someone in the bar, if Obsidian or Megatron weren't nearby... he's already done that.

He's seriously considering doing it anyway, Obsidian be damned.

"You, little blue Seeker, not worth my time. You think you hot stuff because you broke away from Quint prison. Me, Grimlock, fought Quints in front lines. Me, Grimlock, ate Allicons for breakfast. You signing own death warrant."

Sixshot was aware that Megatron knew he had analyzed him.

But a strong leader

Should be used to such things

Wouldn't he?

He wasn't just a weapon, after all... he was a soldier. Or was he a weapon? Sixshot didn't really care much. Was he supposed to think for himself? Sixshot would prefer that he could.

"I live to serve." Sixshot told Megatron, casting a slight glance at Scorponok and Predacon, before fixing his optics on Megatron again. It seemed like the proper thing to say. "He and the Autobots with him put up a good fight, but in the end he is not much of a challenge."

Not true, Magnus did challenged him a little... but it is not really important, is it not?

Scorponok shrugged. "It's not like any of us are easy to impress, Predacon. Well, you're impressed by anything vaguely shiny, but not the rest of us."

He glanced at the crowd, still ooh-ing and ahh-ing at Sixshot's spectacle, then glanced at the former High General Obsidian and the rest of the Decepticon stooges planning furtively behind their back.

Scorponok shook his head. "I don't have that 'crazy' aura on me, I'm afraid. I don't radiate it like you or Tarantulas. Or Thunderwing. I just have unconventional ideas, and I scowl a lot. Five months in the bloody Senate and it'll do the same to you."

"This." Skywarp pointed at the spiderlike drones already on his shoulder. "They're fixin' me, Lugs. But it's nice to know that you care, you big lug, you."

Turning to Obsidian, Skywarp asked, "When d'we set off? I'm all set, they're fixing my arm in no time. Primus bless ball joints, right?"

Obsidian did not respond to Skywarp's pathetic attempt at jokes, instead scanning the room and saw the tension between Grimlock and Thundercracker. This won't do, Obsidian decided. Grimlock is liable to kill Thundercracker, or maim him. Or vice versa during the mission.

"Change of plans." Obsidian spoke both out loud and into the commlink so that Onslaught and Thrust would hear. He hovered towards the second group slowly as if it was his show. "Grimlock, I want to keep an optic on you myself. You're coming with myelf, Lugnut, Skywarp and Springer. Thrust, Thundercracker and Mindwipe, your team will be bolstered with Onslaught and a new recruit named Sturmgewehr."

Obsidian's optics met with Grimlock's own angry ones. It was apparent that being kept on a proverbial leash did not- never did- suited Grimlock. "Fine." The larger Transformer rumbled. Easily three times larger than Obsidian, Grimlock nonetheless stomped away from the rest of the team and headed towards Lugnut, Skywarp and Springer.

Obsidian gave Thundercracker a withering look, but said nothing. Obsidian really couldn't blame Grimlock if the Seeker picked a fight with the gladiator champion... if stupidity got the Seeker killed, it was hardly his fault. Obsidian gave Thrust a look that said 'watch him' and turned to rejoin his group. "Decepticons, let us transform and roll- rather, fly. Vehicle mode." Obsidian did so, transforming quite sporadically compared to the sleek, smooth transformation of Skywarp beside him.

Soon, the smallish two-rotored helicopter took into the skies, out of the hole Sixshot had came through in. Skywarp shot towards the ceiling, and disappeared in a puff of black.

Grimlock growled, then turned to Lugnut. "You Atomic-Punch guy can carry me, Grimlock? If not, me, Grimlock, have to drive."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governor's Palace

After going through the questions Obsidian had asked him to give to Sturmgewher, the group of Onslaught Swindle,and Sturmgewher proceeded into the palace and saw Sixshot, and the crowd gathered around him, Onslaught then commed Obsidian.

"We're in the palace, who do we talk to now?"

Thunderwing merely sighed in annoyance at being told he gave of an aura of craziness, which was a lie, he was perfectly civil and sane, unlike a certain bug next to him.

"I'm not crazy as you fools put it, i'm perfectly sane, i Only got a bad rep due to my less successful experiments being leaked to the council investigatory committee, thank you very much."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok shrugged.

"If you say so." Scorponok told Thunderwing, wholly uninterested in arguing with the other scientist. At that moment, Scorponok was far too absorbed with how Megatron (and the crowd, of course, the crowd!) would react to Sixshot.

Obsidian noted Onslaught, Sturmgewehr and Swindle's arrival, and broke off from his own group and hovered up to meet Onslaught.

Grasping Onslaught's arm in his skeletal one, Obsidian shook his protege's hand warmly. Well, as warmly as an someone like Obsidian knew how to, anyway. "It is good to see you, my friend." Obsidian told Onslaught, red optics gleaming. "We are going to bolster our forces, as I have told you. There-" Obsidian pointed at Thrust, Thundercracker and Mindwipe. "-Is your squad. I had to take Grimlock off your squad because of his old problem, surely you understand. You are to infiltrate Altihex prison, and recruit every willing fighter inside said prison. Thrust is in command of the mission..."

Obsidian lowered his voice. "And I want you to watch out for our new recruits. Thrust is the only one I trust among the group. That goes for your new companion as well."
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

"Obsidian" Thundercrcker said to the one he respected as a true veteran "Do you doubt me?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"No." Obsidian halted slightly and turned to reply to Thundercracker. "But both you and Grimlock are valuable warriors to the cause, and it won't do to lose either or both of you simply due to a trivial quarrel. Our old achievements do not matter, not mine, not yours, if we fail to do such a simple mission as a breakout. But enough chatter... go now."

And Obsidian flew out of Governor's Palace.
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust was getting tired of trying to stop the growing agitation between Thundercracker and Grimlock, and quite frankly, did not like his chances of pulling the fighters apart without getting his face smashed in, so he was glad when Obsidian seperated the two.

Thrust caught the glace Obsidian sent, understanding the unspoken context. "Onslaught." Thrust said, the name ringing a bell for some reason, but he could not quite place it. "Good to have you. We need to leave as soon as possible. Are you two ready to go?" He asked, indicating Onslaught and Sturmgewehr.

--------------------

Prime's Shuttle

Rapido walked on the right side of Zeta Prime, Kup taking up the left side. "Well, if they didn't know we were here before, they certainly do now." He said, voicing his thoughts.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercracker nodded before transforming and then flying after Obsidian

Mindwipe grinned before tossing Onslught a code card. "Take it" he said before turnning to Thrust"Better get going. We Thundercrcker to have to wait for his group"
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Governors Palace

"Got it Obsidian" replied Onslaught as he then watched his former teacher fly off.

He then caught the card Mindwipe threw at him" Thanks, oh and Thrust is it? Me and the others are ready to head out when you are." stated Onslaught.

"Speak for yourself" said Swindle, "I'm staying here to help my credit flow increase" said Swindle, and with that he started approaching the crowd attempting to con them out of money, and if you looked close enough you thought you could see credit symbols in his optics.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

Springer was watching what happened between Thundercracker and Grimlock closely. He remembered the topic that they were talking about. Quintesson death camps and all. It was a long time ago, but he rememberd the stories he heard about Grimlock tearing into the Quints and leaving none standing. What's a guy like that doing in a place like this, he wondered.

He didn't ponder on it long and walked towards Grimlock. "You think he's going to be a problem?" he asked the larger mech. "It was a good call from Obsidian to split you guys up. Dissention among the ranks is not a good thing when we're about to go on a mission." Springer then smirked a little. "Plus, the guy would have been cleaved if he continued pushing you, right?"

"I'm probably able to carry you if you want," Springer said to Grimlock as he transformed into helicopter mode and strated to ascend.

Kup walked next to Zeta Prime, gun ready. "I have a bad feeling about this," he said concerned. "Don't think that the Governor's the talking type, Prime. Rapido, are your scanners picking up anything?"

Tarantulas snickered. He knew more about Thunderwing's than Thunderwing thought, but it mattered not. He backed out of the arguement first, and so Tarantulas saw that as a personal win.

He glanced over to Predacon. "Perhaps. Perhaps not," he replied. "I'm somewhat impressed with the results that Sixshot has delivered so far. I really with I was allowed to dissect Magnus though."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Mindwipe grinned towards Springer "Let's go" he said before strapping his wave-interferer and the hacking prod he gained from Apuron then transformed and flew off to follow Obsidian.

Ratbat stood sielently in the corner, tapping his data borad looking waiting for the time for him to step in.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron smiled, his mood buoyed by Sixshot's confidence.

"Not to worry," he said. "You will see much greater challenges in the days to come. There is still an entire Autobot army to defeat, after all, since they don't seem to be interested in letting us be."

Predacon smiled, proud of how well Sixshot was dealing with Megatron. "Our little guy, all grown up," he said with a fake sniffle.

Then he glared at Scorponok. "I resent that! It's slanderous, and, uh, completely true and stuff! But at least we were never crazy enough to try and get elected!"

Then he looked over at Thunderwing. "That was silly. You're supposed to shoot your failed experiments and toss their corpse in a dumpster across town, everyone knows that. Unless you're Tarantulas, then you eat them for a bedtime snack!"

He gave the other scientist a more serious look.

"I'm sure you'll get the chance to cut him up eventually," he told him, "but Brother Megs needs to squeeze him for intel before we have our fun."

Lugnut shrugged. "If you die, I'd need to find someone else dumb enough to run into a fight in front of me and get shot at."

He turned away from Skywarp to answer Grimlock as they walked out of the palace. "I'm a bomber, not a transport," he told the burly fighter. "The only way I'd be able to carry you is if you've got a harness handy."

"Good," Zeta Prime told Rapido with a smile. "Traitors they may be, but I seriously doubt anyone here is foolish enough to lay a hand on their Prime. The same can't be said for Autobot soldiers, sadly, so stay close to me."

He gave Kup's concerns a more serious thought.

"No, I don't expect he will be," he told the old soldier. "But someone had to try. And frankly, I would sooner go myself and force his hand than send an ambassador that he would either ignore or return to me in pieces. We don't have the time to waste, if we want to prevent a war."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Obsidian tilted when he reached the air. "Skywarp, Lugnut, Springer, follow me."

As he hovered and waited for his team, Obsidian scanned the topography of the area through the GPS and synchronising it with the prison shuttle schedule, Obsidian began to fly in a course that headed towards Stanix.

Obsidian glanced as Thundercracker and Mindwipe followed him and groaned loudly. "Did you two not understand? You two are supposed to are supposed to follow Thrust and Onslaught's squad, not mine."

Grimlock transformed back into robot mode and glanced at Springer, and shrugged. "Him, blue Seeker, pick fights he can not win. Him will die before me, Grimlock, get to him." Grimlock chuckled. "You, triple-changer, smart. Me, Grimlock, kick his sorry butt. Him stupid to pick fight."

Grimlock nodded at Springer, shrugged at Lugnut, and turned back to Springer, "If you think you can handle me Grimlock's weight. If you wait for me, Grimlock to drive up, fight over already."

Skywarp snorted as he reappeared beside Lugnut, seemingly just to retort to his remark.

"I'm deeply offended! Dumb enough to run into a fight in front of you... hah! I am not that! Definitely not! I frakking teleport in front of you. Stupid five-eyed Baba."

Before Lugnut could reply, Skywarp had disappeared in a swirl of black and purple, back on Obsidian's tail.

Grimlock raised an optic ridge. "You, Five-Eyed Baba, have funny name."

Sixshot nodded slowly.

Greater challenges.

Greater challenges would be... good.

Yes.

"I am your weapon, master Megatron." Sixshot rumbled, and he was mildly surprised to find that he seemed to feel more respect to this 'leader' than to his creators. He was, after all, a warrior like him. Time will tell which one he would choose should a crisis of allegiance occur... "Direct me. Vanquish our enemies."

Scorponok snorted at Predacon.

"Can I help it if the public adored me? Plus, I was a great hit in the Senate. Ah, good times. See, I was probably the only Senator who did not discriminate between castes." Scorponok said loudly enough so those around him could hear. In a lower tone so only Team Science could hear, he added, "I hated everyone equally."

He nodded approvingly at Sixshot. He knew how to give a show, granted.

Scorponok snorted. "I put my failed experiments in the waste disposal units of rival companies. Oh, that gave Bullet-Corps a pain when I dumped poor Trident there." He winced, and glanced at Tarantulas. "I don't even want to know how you actually eat things... but really, I know it's important, but I do want to cut up this Magnus."