[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Mindwipe grinned "Gave Onslught the codes, should be here any astro-second" He then transformed out of Alt form and waved around the Hacking Prod blissfuly

"Be careful with that thing" Thundercracker said at him wearily at him, dececting dangeroes abilityes out of his Alicon optic.

He turned to Obsidian analizeling him "See why your a stratigest" he fineshed.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

Tarantulas giggled at Predacon's comment. "I don't eat all my failed subjects," he said in a joyous tone. "Altough I am quite the hungry bot from time to time," then giggles a little more as he gives Scorponok a look from top to bottom and then rubs his hands.

"Very well," Kup replied to Zeta Prime. "You're the boss and while I disagree with this course of action, you can count on me to stand my ground when you need me to, sir."

Kup hated this. He didn't want to be here. Probably vastly outnumbered and unprepared for what might come. Mechs say that he worries too much, but they don't have the experience that he has. Hope for teh best, prepare for teh worst has pretty much been his new motto ever since the Quintesson War. The things he has seen during those days were far from pretty and it turned him into the mech that he is now.

"Rapido," Kup said. "stay focused. At Any sign of trouble, I want you to contact base in Iacon. "

"He probably ran head first trough a wall while fleeing out of a Quint camps," Springer replied to Grimlock in a mocking tone referring to Thundercracker. "Would explain a lot actually."

Springer waited for Grimlock to grab on. "I think I can manage," he said. "You're a heavy guy, I'm sure. I have yet to test out my own capabilities in this form so it'll be a good test," he added.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Lugnut followed Obsidian, shrugging off Grimlock's concerns.

"My bomb payload weighs more than you," he told the smaller Transformer. "So don't worry about that. We'll just need to hook you up to my undercarriage. Won't be a fun ride for you, though."

He ignored Skywarp completely, and suggested that Grimlock do the same. "Don't pay him any mind," he said. "He's fallen on his head too often and shaken up his brain module. The name's Lugnut, by the way."

He didn't offer to shake hands, since his gigantic three-fingered manus was easily large enough to swallow up the other Decepticon's entire forearm.

Predacon scoffed. "Good ol' Scorpy, always making us all feel equally welcome. Or unwelcome. Whichever."

Then he tossed his head back and indulged in a nice, therapeutic bout of evil laughter at Tarantulas's admission. "Oh, our Tarannie..."

Zeta Prime sensed Kup's disapproval, but dismissed it just as quickly. After all, he was the Prime. Wasn't his judgement above reproach?

Glancing around the hallway they were moving down, he couldn't help but notice that the place was cluttered with serving trays and small, wheeled tables.

"It seems like our governor is having some sort of party," Zeta said disapprovingly. "That makes it that much easier to find him. To the ball room, Autobots!"

"Fantastic. But please...I may be your leader, but I am not your master. A Decepticon is no one's slave" Megatron smiled at Sixshot, pondering all the lovely targets that he could direct the living weapon to. But before he could say anything, his chamberlain roared in with a panicked look on his face.

"Governor Megatron!" he said, his voice shrill and completely without it's usual servile tone. "Sir, security has reported that we've been breached by an Autobot team!"

"Dispatch some of my...brother's Vehicons to deal with them, then."

"But sir..." The chamberlain took a few seconds to collect his thoughts. "Sir, Zeta Prime is with them. Oh, we're doomed!"

Megatron was taken aback by the news, but endeavoured not to show it.

"Oh. Well in that case...if the Prime wants to grace us with his presence, by all means, let him come."

The governor's face had become an impassive mask, as grey and unmoving as if it was carved from stone.

"Of course, sir." The chamberlain's face took on an almost eager look. "Shall I fetch the gift that Mr. Deathsaurus left for you?"

Megatron considered. The fusion cannon would make for a quick end to the conversation, but it seemed just a bit too uncouth for the situation.

"No," he said. "But bring up a decanter of energon for us."

"There is plenty here, sir," the chamberlain told him, confused.

"I know, but I want you to bring it from my special reserve."

"Oh." The chamberlain was taken back for a moment before scurrying off. "Of course, sir."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"How? You don't even have a mouth. Don't- don't look at me like I'm an energon steak." Scorponok snapped at Tarantulas. "You'll find I pack quite a sting."

Scorponok glanced at Predacon. "Never let it be said that Senator Scorponok is unfair. He is as likely to shoot you in the face as he is to shoot Zeta Prime, or that random guy who looks like he's got a Arcturian shoved up his afterburner."

He glanced at Megatron and the chamberlain. "Oh, Zeta Prime is coming?" He said out loud. "Good. It's going to be a mercy-killing. Not that he's an actual leader, everyone knows the Senate has the ruling in their pockets."

Scorponok made no effort to conceal himself, instead walking up through the crowd, pushing aside those in his way, so Zeta Prime would have a clear view of him when he entered.

Grimlock shook his head.

"Me, Grimlock, think so too. Him look like have brain damage. Stupid, Seekers. Think they so good because they can fly, but brains bashed just as easily." Grimlock told Lugnut and Springer, before hopping onto the latter. "Hope we don't crash."

He glanced at Lugnut as he introduced himself. "Me, Grimlock."

Obsidian, Skywarp flying beside him, steered towards the direction of the prosperous city of Stanix. "Lugnut, Springer, Skywarp, we will land near the borders of Stanix, from where we will hijack the prison shuttle we would require..."

Sixshot nodded at Megatron, even though he did not really see why Megatron told him what he did.

Leader

Master

Aren't they the same thing?

Sixshot glanced at the chamberlain's entrance, and blinked once. His faceplated face was the perfect poker face, as if he was a mere statue. This Zeta Prime seemed to be... the enemy, considering the chamberlain's fear.

"I would be able to rid you of this 'Zeta Prime', my leader." Sixshot rumbled, eliciting a few gasps from the crowd around him. Sixshot didn't understand. Why was they scared of a single Autobot? It's not like Magnus, their best, was any problem...
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"Don't worry Kup. My mind is not daydreaming right now." Rapido said, memorizing every detail of the palace as they walked through, knowing their lives could very well depend on it.

------------------

Thrust paused, waiting for his squad to catch up. Glad I'm not usually in command. Relying on others to get things done - I'd shoot them if I had to do this all the time...
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Lugnut nodded. "I'd figured," he told Grimlock.

Out in the courtyard, he transformed to vehicle mode as as pair of servants arrived with the harness Grimlock would be needing.

"Strap yourself in," he told the gladiator, "and they'll hook you up. Won't be a smooth ride, but we'll get there."

Predacon laughed out loud at how nervous Tarantulas had made Scorponok, seemingly totally oblivious to the important things going on around them...seemingly being the operative word. He gestured to the lead Vehicon, and the remaining soldiers melted into the crowd so that Zeta and his guards wouldn't see them right away.

"But seriously, Scorpy, no face-shooting. This one's all Meggy's."

Megatron smiled down at Sixshot. "I'm sure you could," he told the sixchanger, "but Zeta Prime isn't a warrior like you. Not anymore. He's not worthy of dying in single combat, not with you and not with me. No, he deserves a far more ignominious fate..."

While the two Autobots paid close attention to their surroundings, Zeta Prime watched Kup and Rapido just as closely. He was evaluating them, and what he saw was heartening.

If all of my Autobots are as diligent as these two, Iacon is in good hands.

As he walked, though, he couldn't help but notice how they crossed paths with absolutely no Decepticon soldiers, or even palace cleaning staff.

"They know we're here," he told them as they approached the ballroom's entry. "Whatever is waiting for us on the other side of these doors, I only ask one thing of you. Face it with the honour and courage that befits an Autobot soldier."

Without waiting for a reply, Zeta flung the double doors wide open and strode into the ballroom like he owned it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock shrugged as he made himself comfortable in the harness that Lugnut and Springer would be carrying him in.

"Why we not just teleport all the way to space?" Grimlock wondered out loud, though he already knew the answer to that.

Obsidian hovered in place near the Governor's Palace as he waited for his team, while Skywarp was wasting fuel, zipping around Obsidian like a child strung up on a diet of sugar, teleporting randomly and bouncing around, transforming, falling, zooming around Obsidian...

Scorponok nodded at Predacon. "Wasn't about to."

Scorponok was well aware of what it meant, how symbolic it would be, for Megatron to take out Zeta Prime. He glanced at Sixshot and hoped that the walking doomsday weapon would not be overzealous and take Zeta Prime out as soon as the Prime entered the room.

Scorponok nodded appreciatively as the Vehicons spread out, and glanced across the room. Pity, Obsidian has already gone...

Sixshot blinked once.

The fact that beings could die outside of combat had not registered in his head. Although, why not?

"What fate is worse, Megatron?" Sixshot asked Megatron.

But before Megatron could answer, Zeta Prime had entered the room. Sixshot saw, from the corner of his optics, Creator Scorponok shoving off a luckless person that got in front of him, and proceeded to fold his claws in front of his chest, looking defiantly at the Prime.

Sixshot straightened himself, and evaluated Zeta Prime, analyzing him as if he was a puzzle, a puzzle that he would take apart.

Zeta Prime looked a powerful warrior... if only he would consider that he is inside enemy territory. What an... arrogant idiot... this was the enemy, then.

Sixshot wanted to charge at Zeta Prime and attack, but he did not do so, remembering Megatron's orders.
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido took position to the right of Zeta Prime, analyzing every face in the room, looking for threats and also for detailing a report of all those in attendance that he knew Prowl would want to see later. He didn't like that they were vastly outnumbered, and only had the reputation and office of the Prime to hide behind. Not that the 3 of them weren't good fighters, but every direct conflict scenario he had played out, short of a running retreat, did not end well for them.
Brave Maximus

Kaon - Governor's Palace

Post by Brave Maximus »

In the shadows, Hunter stalked along in tank mode. He was not one of those newer Transformers who's mass could be shunted to sub-space between transformations - his size remained the same. Still, he was low-slung to the ground and able to blend into the dark shadows.

He was drawn down the corridor, to a reception room of some sort. There he watched as a large warrior was brought before Megatron. He stayed in the shadows, quite curious of the outcome....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Lugnut didn't answer Grimlock. By now, he'd figured out that the large ground-pounder was pulling his chain and didn't feel like getting into it with him. Instead, he just revved up his engines and took to the sky.

"It won't be a comfortable ride," he warned the gladiator. The toothy grin painted on his fuselage was a fair approximation of the one his actual face would have worn if he'd been in robot mode while he thought about just how uncomfortable he could make the other Decepticon.

Maybe I can use him to smack Skywarp a few times...

Megatron smiled at Sixshot. "Watch, young one. Watch and learn."

As the doors flung open, Megatron turned toward Zeta Prime...and greeted him with a smile.

"Zeta! What a pleasant surprise! I don't think anyone expected to see you at our little gathering." His optics narrowed. "Mainly because you weren't invited."

"I am the Prime of Cybertron, Megatron," Zeta told him. "I can go where I wish. Not even your vile minions are foolish enough to lay hands on me."

"Vile? Well, I..." Megatron glanced over at Predacon, then shrugged, "have to admit that you have a point, at least with some of my supporters. But if you came here to slander my men, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"No, Megatron," Zeta Prime snapped. "I came here because your secession is illegal and your underlings have committed acts of sedition against the government of Cybertron."

"Sedition...or patriotism?" Megatron shrugged. "If your underlings had responded to the concerns of Kaon and her sister-states, we wouldn't have needed to secede. If you're here to bully us back into line, then you can forget about it. On the other hand, if you're here to talk..." he gestured toward a vacant table along one side of the room, "then come with me and we'll talk."

Megatron walked over to the table.

Zeta Prime looked befuddled for a moment, as if this was the last thing he had been expecting. Then he shook his head and looked down at Rapido. "You, come with me. Kup, stay by the door. If anyone tries to stop you from holding our exit open, shoot them."

He knew his guards would object, so he walked over to join Megatron before the other Autobots could get a word out. He sat at the table's other chair and looked across at the Decepticon leader.

"Now what?"

"Now," Megatron told him, "you allow me to show you my hospitality."

As if on cue, a servant showed up carrying a tray with two glasses and a decanter of energon perched atop it. He set the glasses down and poured a full measure the bright, pink liquid into each one before handing one to Megatron and one to Zeta himself.

"My finest vintage," Megatron told him, raising his glass. "What shall we toast to?"

Zeta lifted his own glass and examined the spectra of the beverage it contained.

High-quality, he thought to himself. Not the sort of thing you'd expect to see outside of Iacon. Probably smuggled, then.

But he decided that there was no point in adding to the governor's already sizable list of crimes. He'd come here to talk, after all, and Megatron was willing to do just that.

"To understanding," Zeta said at last.

Predacon, meanwhile, was practically pouting.

"Why isn't he shooting him?" he whined to Scorponok, Thunderwing and Tarantulas.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Grimlock didn't say anything, merely clung on to the harness as Lugnut and Springer took into the air.

He didn't like flying, not at all...

Obsidian tilted his rotors as the two caught up with them. Skywarp was still teleporting like a hyperactive kid around Obsidian, reappearing all around the General. Ignoring Skywarp, Obsidian said, "That way. To the Borders." before moving along, Skywarp hot on his trail.

Watch

And

Learn.

Sixshot did so, although that did not stop him from glowering at Zeta Prime, Kup and Rapido. His gaze would tell them that Sixshot did not see them as worth anything but cannon fodder. As bugs to crush.

Bugs

Roaches

Locusts

Vermin

Everything in the world

Destroy

Destroy and become more powerful

Sixshot's little muse was broken when Zeta Prime and Megatron began to speak. Sixshot paid attention to every single word they said, and became more and more confused.

Understanding? Sixshot narrowed his optics. It seemed like Megatron wanted to have a deal with Zeta Prime... why didn't he just shoot the Autobot leader? He was their enemy... then again, something more humiliating than death... this was it, then?

Curious.

Scorponok chuckled as Megatron glanced at Predacon. Serves him right, the ex-Senator thought.

"Oh, I see what he's doing." Scorponok whispered to Predacon (soft enough so the Autobots won't hear, but loud enough so the rest of Team Science could). "It's something Tarantulas would approve of, or for the matter any of you guys, because direct action is always the best and I agree with it."

"But kill Zeta Prime, and the rest of the planet, maybe even most of the people here, will see Megatron as another rebel, another Violen Jieger, another Cy-Kill. But if he could goad Zeta Prime to be the one who pulled the trigger, who refused to have peace talks... look at Megatron, he's already putting the blame of this gathering on Zeta Prime. This way, we gain the support of the entire planet."

Scorponok shrugged.

"Not that we need it, of course, but it's always better to have a good public image."
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido stood motionless for a moment as he took in Zeta Prime and Megatron's conversation. Rapido snapped back to attention as Zeta walked over to the table and Rapido took position nearby. The odds were that Megatron would not act rashly. So far it looked like he wanted the upper hand politically, so there wasn't too much to worry about. He just hoped it stayed that way.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Borders

As Obsidian, Skywarp, Lugnut, Springer and Grimlock flew towards the borders of Kaon, they could see in the distance the city of Stanix (OOC: was it Stanix? Let's assume it is because I can't be bothered to check) and near its edge, the shuttle port stood gleaming. It was not brand new and chrome-plated like everything in Iacon, but it wasn't the rusty squalid environment of Kaon either. It was sufficiently new and up-to-date.

One of the shuttles was the one set to go to the orbital prison. Several more were owned by commercial companies which had orbital facilities as well.

Between high security military targets and businesses owned by rich mechanoids, it was small wonder, then, that security was tight.

"This is restricted airspace." The officer on duty hailed them. "State your identities and business, or adjust your course."

"Hell no." Skywarp chirped, disappearing in a flash of purple from Obsidian's starboard side and reappearing on his port side. "We're not adjusting course... are we?"

"Don't say anything." Obsidian said, and his tone shut Skywarp up... even if it doesn't stop the hyperactive Seeker from disappearing and reappearing above Lugnut. "Let us hope, then, that these buffoons did not get the memo about my desertion, and this should move smoother." Obsidian hailed the officer, still speaking in his gravely tone, but without the trace of respect or patience he showed his soldiers. "I am High General Obsidian, Protector of the Realm, Guardian of the Skies. These four are my soldiers. We are on an emergency situation dealing with a group of extremist terrorists. We will not adjust our course."

"I... uh..." the mech on the other end of the line was evidently struck dumb, and was probably talking with his superiors. "Please stand by, General."

Obsidian glanced at Skywarp and the others, and with a movement of his cockpit, told them to fly on continuously, for if they did not show utmost confidence, the people down there would be suspicious. And surely one of them might know of his defection... which would throw a wrench in the works.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

(OOC: Seeing how Sekelladoom seems to be MIA I'm just going to use Strumwherger and Onslught to get things moveing)

Kaon Borders

Thundercracker watched Onslught and Strumwherger arriive " Took quite a while"
Chip1123
Protoform

Kaon Borders

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust looked towards Onslaught, Strumwergher, and Thundercracker. "If we have Mindwipe's codes, then let's go. Limited window here guys. Gotta act fast." As he finished, he took off towards their destination, ready to get their mission underway. No way Obsidian, much less Megatron, trusts me with more missions after this fiasco...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

All this talk about Cy-Kill is making me hungry," Tarantulas said and then took a look at Scorponok. "Interesting brain module too." Tarantulas always liked to imply that he had something to do with mechs that haven't been heard from in a long time. Whether he made them dissapear or whether he was just flat out lying, no one knows. He liked it when mechs were on edge when they were around him. For some reason it didn't have much of an effect on Predacon though. Tarantulas rubbed his hands and giggled a little.

Kup stood by the door as he had been ordered by Zeta Prime, but Kup didn;t like his position at all. This entire situation had all the signs of an ambush, and Kup has more than enough experience running through his gears to recognize an ambush when he sees it. Still, there was also the political side to this endeavor. So far, it seemed that Megatron was willing to discuss this matter peacefully, but that was just what worried Kup. Zeta had a temper. Something that Megatron could use to his advantage.

Kup scanned the room. He recognized Scorponok, Thunderwing and even Tarantulas. While details on the latter were sketchy at best, he remembered the other two full well. Power players. Cold and manipulative. It wasn't a good sign that they were here. No doubt that they were packing some serious heat or at least had access to it.

Kup continued to scan the room and stopped when he saw Sixshot. The mech radiated power, though he looked like he had just been in a big battle and suffered some damage.

(ooc: I'm going to assume that Magnus has been carried away out of sight? Because I have no idea where you guys have taken him :p)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

"As you command," Lugnut acknowledged Obsidian. He accelerated slowly, testing the limits of his extremely hampered aerodynamics now that Grimlock was strapped to his underbelly. He managed to match the tilt-rotor craft's speed, but only barely and at the cost of shaking Grimlock up very badly.

He held his course when Obsidian said to, but he couldn't help but warm up his machine guns just in case the fighting started.

Of course, hauling Grimlock around would be a huge liability in any fight. Luckily, the gladiator's harness came equipped with a quick-release...

Predacon scowled. "I don't care," he said. "I'm sick of having my work oppressed by backward idiots, Scorponok. I want to see Mr. High and Mighty Zeta Prime with a hole in his head, not watch him get talked down to a little!"

He had to admit, however, that Tarantulas's vague suggestions of the insufferable Cy-Kill's fate brightened his mood a little bit.

"To understanding." Megatron returned Zeta Prime's toast and took a sip of the energon they were sharing. But he'd barely set his drink down before Zeta continued speaking.

"But I don't understaind," the Prime said. "All of this violence, all of this destruction...for what, Megatron?"

"For my people," Megatron told him coldly.

"Surely," Zeta said, "your people would be better-served by a leader who would work within the system instead of trying to tear it down?"

"They've had those," Megatron told him. "Kaon was still a hellhole. Now they have me, and Kaon is a force to be reckoned with. The results speak for themselves."

"But for how long? The prosperity you've built will collapse, governor, in the face of an all-out war with my Autobots. A prosperity built hand-in-hand with the Senate might have taken longer, but it would have lasted much, much longer."

"Ha!" Megatron laughed bitterly. "The senate doesn't care about the plight of Kaon. Or of Stanix, or Polyhex, or Tarn or Vos or Tyrest. They only care about Iacon, and the handful of wealthy cities that surround it. If the rest of Cybertron ever rose to those same heights, the old elites and the power base would be destroyed. And they can't have that."

"Ridiculous!" Zeta told him. "If such corruption was even possible, do you think that it would have been able to pass undetected on my watch?"

Megatron sighed. "When I worked in the mines, Zeta, the older miners would always warn me to stay away from the smelters, and all of the other equipment that used chemicals to separate energon from base metals. The chemicals were toxic, you see. Too much exposure would seriously damage your systems, and maybe even kill you. But a funny thing happened to those of us who were there long enough. Do you know what that was, Zeta?"

Zeta Prime scowled impatiently. "I fail to see what this has to do with the subject at hand."

"I'm getting there," Megatron told him. "If you worked in the mines long enough, Zeta -- and if you weren't careless enough to die from overexposure -- your system got used to the chemicals. If you take a little bit of poison every day, after a while it's not poison anymore. By the time I left the mines I could swim in the stuff with no ill effects."

Megatron's eyes narrowed.

"But you, Zeta? You're swimming in a sea of corruption. You deal with self-serving politicians and ambitious generals every day who want nothing more than to gather as many scraps of power to themselves as they can. In an environment like that...who's to say what you've become inured to?"

Zeta Prime didn't have an answer to that. All he could do was slowly lift his glass of energon and drain it dry, with a thoughtful expression on his face all the while.

(OOC: Magnus was dragged off by the Vehicons a while back. He's getting repaired, I think. :) )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Borders

"What are we waiting for?" Skywarp chirped as he spun around in place.

"Hold." Obsidian said, not doing anything, just moving forwards at a slow pace.

"Cause, you know, they seem to be trying to-"

Obsidian cut Skywarp off curtly, his commanding, cutting voice shutting up Skywarp. "Now. That shuttle. The one with the Autobot markings. Move us into its cargo bay."

Skywarp transformed into robot mode, keeping him aloft on his jet boosters. He shot towards Obsidian, not joking around now that he had a purpose, and disappeared in a puff of black and purples. He reappeared not a second later upside-down in front of Lugnut, poked the larger Decepticon with an outstretched finger, and Lugnut (as well as Grimlock and Springer, connected to Lugnut by the harness) would disappear in a flash of smoke as well.

Prison Shuttle

Grimlock slammed onto the ground unceremoniously. This was the first time he actually teleported, and he swore loudly, getting on to his feet and shaking off the harness. Skywarp was hovering, upside-down, weapons at the ready. Obsidian hovered in place, skeletal fingers splayed.

"Not enjoy it." Grimlock muttered to no one in particular. "What now, Obsidian?"

"We kill everybody that is on board." Obsidian said in a tone that did not imply murder, but a task as simple as fetching a datacube for him. "Go."

Skywarp whooped and disappeared again into smoke. Grimlock unsheathed his blade, snorted, and moved out of the cargo bay, forcing his bulk through the door.

Governor's Palace

Scorponok shrugged at Predacon, while he listened to Megatron and Zeta Prime intently. "In good time, Predacon. In good time."

He looked down at Tarantulas and chuckled. "I always knew he didn't really die of natural causes in the Tyrest-Garrus Prison. Never liked him, if you hadn't gotten to him, I think I would've done him in myself..."

Scorponok himself was responsible for quite a few disappearances, most of them employees of him, but the less others knew, the better. He noticed Kup looking at him, and he grinned his Senator smile, and waved at the old Autobot soldier in what anyone might see as a jovial smile...

Anyone that didn't look Scorponok in the eyes, anyway. His eyes looked at Kup with the same hungriness of a predator looking at a prey.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prison Shuttle

Lugnut killed his engines and transformed as Skywarp teleported them. Already forced to hunch over in the small vessel, he decided not to further cramp himself by awkwardly squeezing through the cargo hold's door. Instead, he pressed his palms against the wall, flexed his arms and pushed the barrier down completely.

He stepped into the next room, taking a long pace toward the pair of stunned prison guards who were just now scrambling to their feet and reaching for their stun batons. Before they could raise the weapons -- As if they could stop me anyway, Lugnut thought contemptuously -- he'd scooped up one with each hand. The hulking Decepticon slammed them together head-first until they'd stopped moving.

Governor's Palace

Predacon continued to watch his brother's conversation with the Autobot leader, but with increasing disappointment as the seconds went by without any murder.

A pair of Vehicon jets flew up toward Thrust. One of them hailed the Seeker as he went by.

"You mind if we come along?" he asked. "Predacon didn't leave us with much to do."

"Say you're right," Zeta Prime told Megatron. "Say the Council and the Senate are corrupt and don't care about the common mech. That's what we have a Prime for, governor. That's why I have the powers I do. If the government isn't listening to your people, I could make them listen."

"Yes," Megatron said sharply. "You could. And you didn't. You were happy to sit in your golden city and completely ignore the misery that everyone else in the solar system has to live with. And you'd still be happily ignoring it if I hadn't declared independence and let my men shoot at yours."

"That might be true," Zeta admitted, "but it doesn't matter. I know about it now, and I can do something about it now. There's no need for further violence."

"We're past that now," Megatron told him firmly. "If we stand down and you don't do anything for us, we'll never be able to rise up like this again. And even if you do help, your friends in the Senate will be working to tear down everything that you build. The system -- your system -- is just broken. It needs to be torn down, Prime, and you along with it."

Zeta Prime shook his head sadly. "So there's nothing I can do to dissuade you from this madness? Nothing I can do to assure Kaon's prosperity?"

Megatron laughed bitterly. "You can die."

Zeta Prime reared back, outraged by the Decepticon's presumption. "You dare threaten your Prime?"

"You're not my Prime," Megatron told him reasonably. "Don't get me wrong. You're a good mech, Zeta. Your spark is in the right place. If the world were different, you and I could be on the same side. But in this world, you're the figurehead for the most corrupt, inept government that Cybertron has seen since the days of Nova Prime. You're a symbol of everything that's wrong with the world, Zeta. While you're alive, our world won't have a chance to heal. But with you dead at Decepticon hands? That changes everything, Zeta. It shows the masses that you can fight the system and win."

"And you just expect me to go along with this?" Zeta Prime scoffed. "You think that because your minions have us outnumbered that you can kill the leader of the Autobots without a fight?"

"There won't be a fight," Megatron told him. "If I was going to give you a warrior's death, Zeta, you would have already met the business end of my fusion cannon. But I wanted you to know what you were dying for. And to feel the same hopeless, desperate fear that so many of my subjects once felt at your hand." He smiled coldly. "So I poisoned your drink. The energon we shared was tainted with mining chemicals, ones that I built up an immunity to long, long ago.

"You, on the other hand?" Megatron shrugged. "If you hurry, you just might get back to Iacon with enough time to say goodbye to your friends before your fuel lines burn through."

To his credit, if Zeta Prime was frightened by Megatron's revelation he didn't show it. "You are a disgrace to your office, governor," he told Megatron bluntly. And you will pay for your actions today. Autobots, with me! We're leaving."

Zeta got up from the table and walked toward the exit without the slightest bit of urgency in his gait.

Don't give the savages the satisfaction of running away, he told himself. Whatever else happens, you're still the Prime.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prison Shuttle

"Grimlock, Springer, get to the cockpit as soon as you can, take out the guards before they can get a signal out."

Obsidian really did not care if the guards got a signal out to warn the orbital prison. After all, they were not expecting a teleporter, and even if they refuse to let the shuttle land, or worse, shoot at them, they could easily teleport unseen into the orbital prison.

On the far end of the corridor outside the room they were in, Obsidian heard loud surprised screaming, a manic laughter and the sounds of rapid machinegun firing. The same noise was repeated on the opposite end.

"The shuttle is taking off. Excellent." Obsidian said, nodding as he turned to Lugnut. "Your friend is working fast enough not to tip off the commanders of the shuttle to our presence."

The General hovered into the air, and accessed the control panel. He was not much of a hacker, but he knew his way around enough to disable systems like, say, security cameras. His skeletal fingers slowly furled and unfurled as he methodically took down whatever systems he could. It was not the prettiest hack job ever, but Obsidian felt that under the circumstances it would do.

Governor's Palace

Scorponok let out a loud sound that was halfway between a jeering laugh and a bark.

He couldn't hold it in any longer, and mocked Zeta Prime. "Do you hear that, Zeta Prime, you old coot? Your time is over! Over! You'll die, remembered as the Prime that died from a strong drink while the world burns around him!" Scorponok let out an ugly, barking laugh as he watched Zeta Prime leave. "Run, run back to your precious Iacon! Trust me, I'll visit my Senate friends soon."

Scorponok turned to Predacon and said in a lower voice. "See? Theatrics. We all know the thing that mattered the most to Zeta Prime is his ego. To see him die in Iacon... and in a weak and sorry state to boot, beats shooting his head off. Plus it'll scare the crap out of every other soldier in Iacon."

Sixshot glared at Zeta Prime as he turned to left.

Megatron Poisoned Zeta Prime.

Is death

By combat

Something special?

Something to treasure

Something meaningful

Sixshot narrowed his optics, mulling this over in his mind. After all, he was the most powerful warrior, probably on the planet. To be able to deal death by combat so easily... was he giving away too much of a good thing? Was death by combat only reserved for... for worthy adversaries, or the like?

Sixshot watched as Creator Scorponok whispered to Creator Predacon. Probably discussing the way that Leader Megatron had poisoned Zeta Prime's energon. Sixshot yearned to understand why killing Zeta Prime that way, in a... humiliating? Was that the word? Yes, humiliating manner, was worse than shooting him in the head.

Still, Sixshot tensed, just in case Zeta Prime attempted to lunge at his creators or at Megatron.