[New RPG] Maximals and other such TF's

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Brave Maximus

Maximals and other such TF's

Post by Brave Maximus »

So, while I'm waiting around to hear about my characters (Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge) - I was thinking about my 6th slot. While I have reserved a character for future use, should it become prudent, I have an empty slot.

My question is - since the RPG is open to a lot of different non-universe TF's....

What's the consensus on Maximals, Predicons, Transtech, Beast Machines era, etc? Obviously there would have to be some sort of back story/adjustment. But... would it cross the line into fan-made?

What about things like the Transector-less Head/God Masters? (Not Humans with elemental powers, but they were from that line). Would they just be useless lumps, or could someone use a body based on a similar TF design?

Lastly, just for a case of shit disturbing - I know the character has caused some contention in the RPG before, but now I'm just asking - what about Ginrai? (I'm tossing my interest at him, only in the case of "Sure he's ok in the RPG" - and I don't check the board for 24hrs... But I'm guessing I know the answer... ^^ )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I think the policy on that is if we can come up with a way to include the character into a game without blowing it up, or make the character basically unkillable, then it's okay as long as you give the mods a heads-up.

Miked23 plays Depth Charge as a normal Cybertronian, and I have Obsidian (and am planning to pick up a BW Predacon once Sentinel kicks the bucket a year or so later).
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Forgot about Depth Charge and Obsidian... (Which is really sad... since I was involved with a conversation regarding him... >< )

That makes sense for the maximals and the like.

Still curious as to the response for Ginrai.

Or does that also fall under the "Don't make him god like and it might be ok"...

Never thought throwing Lightning bolts was much fun anyway...
Crap... What were Ginrai's powers...?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

FIRE GUTS ATTACK something or other, IIRC. Terribly stupid name. Why can't all Japanese attacks be as cool as Grandus' Stonehedge Kick or Sky Garry's Mystery Crop Circle Punch?

Plus lots of stereotypical Anime heroic child powers. Burning Justice FTW!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brave Maximus wrote:Still curious as to the response for Ginrai.
You know, I don't think we talked about cases like this at all but Ginrai the character is actually the human, not the Transformer. I'm not sure how much of the character would be left if he was just another bog-standard robot. Godmasters in general are probably too 'magic' to really fit with the setting, which doesn't help matters either.

But if you want to just play the human or you can think of a way to make sense out of a Ginrai that would be pretty heavily divorced from his original portrayal, more power to you in my books.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

For what it's worth, you could ignore the whole 'human pilot' thing and do what LSOTW did with Overlord. A much better character than the witch couple the cartoon had.

Or maybe similar to Hein's Minerva? That worked well, IMO.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Warcry wrote:You know, I don't think we talked about cases like this at all but Ginrai the character is actually the human, not the Transformer. I'm not sure how much of the character would be left if he was just another bog-standard robot. Godmasters in general are probably too 'magic' to really fit with the setting, which doesn't help matters either.

But if you want to just play the human or you can think of a way to make sense out of a Ginrai that would be pretty heavily divorced from his original portrayal, more power to you in my books.
There is that isn't there...

Yeah, you know me, the ball is rolling...

And Blackjack you were right, Ginrai's attack was "Fire Guts" and various versions of that - his "element" was fire. I had to Wiki it...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oh yeah, I rock. :headbang:

Incidentally, I just discovered that Black Zarak had a twin-headed dragon mode. Looked so horribly silly.

By the way, when will we have Obsidian and Alpha Trion meet up?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Hmmm I've been thinking (I know, this is rare for me, so be nice)

Would Deaths head be a playable character and if so would he be public or Mod use only?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Selkadoom wrote:Hmmm I've been thinking (I know, this is rare for me, so be nice)

Would Deaths head be a playable character and if so would he be public or Mod use only?
If Death's Head is in, I demand the full Marvel universe be opened up.

In turn, I now claim Deadpool and drop all other characters. BRB creating Earth thread.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

*bans Myles*

He does make a good point, though. I mean, Spider-Man was in Transformers too but I don't think we'd want him running around in the game...
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Warcry wrote:*bans Myles*

He does make a good point, though. I mean, Spider-Man was in Transformers too but I don't think we'd want him running around in the game...
Well Deaths head had a larger pole than a one-shot, plus he offed Shockwave on his own which even if it was against his will, is impressive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

You could argue that Death's Head's appearance was part of only an extended arc, which was what Spider-Man's appearance boils up to.

If Death's Head becomes playable, how long before somebody wants Circuit Breaker (which had much more appearances than DH) or the G.I. Joe? The Joes have so many arcs devoted to themselves and the TFs...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:You could argue that Death's Head's appearance was part of only an extended arc, which was what Spider-Man's appearance boils up to.

If Death's Head becomes playable, how long before somebody wants Circuit Breaker (which had much more appearances than DH) or the G.I. Joe? The Joes have so many arcs devoted to themselves and the TFs...
Or the Avengers. Or the zombies. Or the -... You see the point.

But now my single track mind is on a single track and we know where this is going to end... me quitting the RPG or getting what I want, which is to play Deadpool.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Blackjack wrote:You could argue that Death's Head's appearance was part of only an extended arc, which was what Spider-Man's appearance boils up to.

True... but DH is a robot (I think), he can essently be treated like a Badass Xaron, a robot that doesn't transform.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

So is Axer. Axer is a bounty hunting Decepticon that doesn't transform. Although with a face that looks like he's crying I wonder if anyone can take him seriously.

Technically Wolverine and Ghost Rider and Spider-Man and Iron Man and Yoda all have Transforming robot bodies as well if we consider the Crossover line. If Blaster is playing Deadpool, then Blackjack wants Wolverine! [/unhelpful]
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Blackjack wrote:So is Axer. Axer is a bounty hunting Decepticon that doesn't transform. Although with a face that looks like he's crying I wonder if anyone can take him seriously.

Technically Wolverine and Ghost Rider and Spider-Man and Iron Man and Yoda all have Transforming robot bodies as well if we consider the Crossover line. If Blaster is playing Deadpool, then Blackjack wants Wolverine! [/unhelpful]
Sigh, Ladies and Gentleman, Prof. Blackjack in all his Infinate Wisdom, no.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

While the arguement against GI Joes differ a bit from adding the marvel (Or IDW)-verse, Do we really want an RPG populated by Super-heroes?

I would even argue against characters like circuit breaker or Blackrock's Almost-Xmen.

While spec - ops and NEST type humans would make sense...
Spandex wearing ninja's?

(Says the guy with a human-former....)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

MUNKY NOT HUMAN

Not just yet.

Jokes aside, if we introduce superheroes it would be like the older days of the RPG when we had super-powered aliens and other non-transformer robots running around.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Munky Not Human Not Trukk!!
Yeah, I had fun with it ;)

I think some "injokes" might make things a little fun (NEST's commanding officer being Clayton Abernathy, maybe a merc named Wade Wilson) But expecting them to be able to regenerate or lead a colourfully named group of heroes.... maybe not...

Of course.... opening that door can lead to other.... issues

Do we really want to be running with Cloud Strife or Vincent Valentine?